criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II: THE WAR IS JUST BEGINNING

2Next

Replies

  • whats happening with offline Arcade content, as a huge amount of players were all desperate to know, can we get a tease at all a trailer, Are we going to get all the maps before servers shutdown, Starfighter Assault an Galactic Assault together for a season? @petervesti_dice
  • SCARTracer4316
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2
    They wont prove us wrong man they will prove us right that ea doesnt listen and doesn't care lol they will release any content they want NOT what we want and im sorry but i have no idea where you get those stats lol last time i checked xbox one battlefront 2 is already perfect example of whats gonna happen soon to the game if they dont fix it and give us what we want or at least meet us halfway! Player counts are lower then ever on xbox !!! Like some game modes are almost dead!!!
    My vote is clone wars all the way and if we dont get that and get more empire and rebels im pretty sure you might as well start digging your own grave battlefront 2 bc some of us have been with the battlefront franchise since day one on pc like myself and its clear listening to the community is a way to climb outta this hole but hey if not it was a great game while it lasted balls in your court Ea and Dice,

    Sincerely Trooper 4316
    SCAR SQUAD COMMANDER
  • i would be really interested in how a meeting at EA / Dice looks like and how they are deciding not to communicate with the community in any way... and the listening part is not working at all... it is actually the same bad communication as they did in Battlefront before.
    But for what benefit? Not serving the community does not make any sense at all...

    i do not mind micro-transaction at all. it is not bringing any advantage, besides "time", BUT with this i expect some respect for the needs of the players / customers, because those people are paying for the product and further development of the game.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Best thing EA can do is prove me wrong.

    I beg of you please prove me wrong!

    J,
    I wrote a nasty post with the same intent. I don't think it had a good influence. They are professionals trying to satisfy the margins between Corporate hedge hogs and the real fans of Star Wars. But - yes we have to keep the Team on their guard - because we all want this to be successful. So the **** we raise has to have some balance.
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    They are professionals trying to satisfy the margins between Corporate hedge hogs and the real fans of Star Wars. But - yes we have to keep the Team on their guard - because we all want this to be successful.

    good point, but whats so hard in keeping us updated?
    First thing you learn working with a community / colleagues / employees is to communicate.

    Of course, you can not answer this ;) ... i just needed to get the question out
  • How about fixing the bloody claim milestone issue that has been going on for over 1 week with thousands of unsatisfied players.
  • Ruscoe wrote: »
    How about fixing the bloody claim milestone issue that has been going on for over 1 week with thousands of unsatisfied players.

    Well, the server-site patch seems to at least have worked half-way. New milestones can be claimed now. The ones that I completed before are still stuck though. So... yeah... at least something seems to be happening, even if it's not enough at this point. Just... don't lose hope, I guess?
  • Yeah so ummm when’s this patch coming out to buff boba fett then? And nerf palpatine and chewie? Sick of using barrage with it spreading all over the place and not being able to kill a ASSAULT CLASS whilst he is running. I main boba fett and have had 113-1 as him and this is unfair now he’s literall useless. And yet palpatine can kill through walls and regen health through pressing one button? Okay.
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    There is absolutely no way to enjoy this game at this point - unless you CHEAT (which turns a real Fan of SW shooters into a loser). The hacks and the ridiculous progression are just the tip....honest players are getting slaughtered....teams are stacked on one side and horribly balanced. I've given this all the time I can. So, I'll see you in 10 years when you get this right. V/R lost customer for a very long time.

    That is a broad brush. Different people have fun in different ways. In no way shape or form do you need to cheat at this game to have fun. I am one of the many many honest players out there and still have a blast playing this game. Sure there are a few rage moments which quickly get made up for by fun and entertaining matches.
  • It's a very meaningless game. Also after this escapade with inadequate workload of EA staff. I'm reluctant to play no game from EA. It is a nasty dirt and a disgust and a thief.
    Yesterday, bug fix notification was issued. I went to see and everything in the old Ha-Ha.
    So I'm going to check out today if that's how it works.
    I also said that for the total fix to make the game in a state like November 17 you have until the end of February. Also, if by the end of March or before a new season does not come out. Games I get rid of and buy another playable.
    Do not buy EA games. It's a thief. If they could stuff the microtransactions quietly into the virgin. It's nasty.

    i do not understand, that with all the dislike you show for the game you are still here?
    either you wanna troll or you care more about this game than you want to admit.

    i get your point on service / communication... HORRIBLE!
    but.. and i can tell you from experience as a software dev... sometimes things that look very simple are not that simple at all... especially when data is related to other data in some way that is not obvious, BUT that does not excuse the TERRIBLE communication.

    @Sledgehammer70 & @EA_Tom
    maybe you can just improve the communication to your community?
    let us know whats going on, even if things are not getting fixed right away, at least let us know that you are looking into it and name the problems that occurred. This will lead to way more acceptance, instead of telling anything for weeks or month. Thank you.
  • alexDD55 wrote: »
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    They are professionals trying to satisfy the margins between Corporate hedge hogs and the real fans of Star Wars. But - yes we have to keep the Team on their guard - because we all want this to be successful.

    good point, but whats so hard in keeping us updated?
    First thing you learn working with a community / colleagues / employees is to communicate.

    Of course, you can not answer this ;) ... i just needed to get the question out

    There's a general communication problem in corporate america but I've noticed that it's much worse with technical disciplines. To begin, they don't like writing because they usually make it through school with a minimum of english courses and there's also a fear that they will say something wrong and get fired. With that said, video games are living, breathing products that depend on their players. Communication is key to generating customer satisfaction and that attracts more customers. Maybe they're starting to realize they need to change. I hope so.
  • .......usually make it through school with a minimum of english courses and there's also a fear .... With that said, video games are living, breathing products that depend on their players. Communication is key to generating customer satisfaction and that attracts more customers.

    I do agree with the communication points - but the part about education is overboard (when you consider the accomplishments of their Computer Science). English Technical Writing and Computer Science should not every breed, date, or go out for coffee. Further: we can't get Bill Gates to talk about this ridiculous madness with Fall Creator Updates - but he will hold a week-long conversation about Polio in Africa (no offense intended). A f..king virus is a virus Bill - pls come back to Microsoft.

    This forum should praise their work - or tell them what's wrong with your joint. I still have a huge problem with hackers - who I believe owe the entire gaming community a 4000 credit crate.
  • TimPB21
    2 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Are we going to get something like skirmish in the last game? I, like many others can’t play multiplayer and are dissapointed by the lack of offline content.
  • TimPB21 wrote: »
    Are we going to get something like skirmish in the last game? I, like many others can’t play multiplayer and are dissapointed by the lack of offline content.

    When Asked if we were getting GA offline Dennis, the design director (his screen name is "firewall" on this site) said
    - Not a direct port of Galactic Assault, no. The reason is that we don't want to hinder our Multiplayer designs but constraining us to what the AI can do well (for example, having the AI find Ion Disruptors and locate good vantage points for shooting at the MTT will likely prove difficult). However, if the core of what you're after is to fight larger scale battles in PvE with both Troopers and Vehicles, we're working on something quite like that!

    source: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96161/star-wars-battlefront-ii-community-1-1-updated-with-dev-responses/p14
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • You guys claim you are listening to the players but this is debatable.

    We ask, no practically beg for Galactic Conquest what do you do?

    Give us a game mode that is a time limited version of cargo. Sorry but this is ****.

    The game needs:

    More hero’s including Anakin.
    Conquest and Galactic Conquest
    All the game modes from Star Wars Battlefront 2015.
    A continuation of the campaign story

    Nice one on the progression system, please do infact improve it and not make it worse.

    Thanks.
  • This does not matter anymore.

    EA will finally loose the Star Wars Licence, that either be the reason they do not care anymore, or the bad communication is one part why they loosing it.

    However, this could be the last game, we have to fight this terrible company.
  • Still no word on this update ?
  • I want to know what kind of improvements are being made for PC co-op.
  • What's a PC co-op? And why would it be different from the rest of the code?

    Anyway, I want to report my one-thousandth elimination by Palpatine (Sidious, Emperor, Ridiculous Dude). Request that you either: freeze this dude, give us a Palp-killing Probe Droid (DRK-1), or expedite a nerf. I have seen entire teams laid to rest by a Palp-wielding assassin - after a lot of good strategy and game play.
    Recommended Solution: up the game credits required to spawn him in; give us a Yoda with lightning push powers (refer to Count Dooku movie); give me a rocket with his name on it.
  • You should add Galactic Assault and StarFighter Assault into Arcade!
    What about a Rogue One: Scarif Season?
    And also don't make the game's maps feel so small, open the boundaries or add a mode for Arcade without boundaries(with AI Soldiers).
    And why is the split-screen mode disabled in the PC version? It is already in the game, so I don't think that enabling it should be difficult. If you decide to enable the split-screen mode make it so that 2 people can play on 2 different monitors if possible.
    The game needs more frequent updates (I am sure you are working on some).
    Star Wars: Battlefront II could be a great experience just add more content, especially more offline and more Seasonal updates with more Heros and Villains (Qui-Gon Jhin, General Grievous, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic, etc). Thank you for reading this (if you do).
  • Fabiojr
    84 posts Member
    Want to buy a PTR server. So we can avoid all these **** updates, that make balancing even worse than it was before
  • Will you add the sentinel classes with droidekas ? I very hpe you add them because I love them <3 <3 :) :)
  • atam1
    12 posts Member

    Thanks for the update. But please correct the balance first. It's too late. You should be able to respond immediately. Users have not been told whether management is aware of the problem or not.

    I like this game. Please.
  • Are we gonna get private servers in the new season? BF2015 had them implemented by this stage in its release
  • I think in a next update you should put starfighter assault in arcade so that people who are not so great at it have the ability to practice and get better. I’m saying this because I suck at starfigher assault. Either way other people also want this so they to can practice their pilot skills.
  • DJPJ032701 wrote: »
    I think in a next update you should put starfighter assault in arcade so that people who are not so great at it have the ability to practice and get better. I’m saying this because I suck at starfigher assault. Either way other people also want this so they to can practice their pilot skills.

    That plus hero AI, and the large mode they are working on (hopefully, it has some objectives) would be perfect for Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Dennis has info that will have to wait until April - sadly, legal-shareholder-illegal trader-stock ****...April Fool's...but that is the truth.
    Look at it this way - Sledge quit because of the shareholder block (in part) and even after he quit still said very little - what does that say of the laws regarding this situation?
    Point being - after the quarter we'll hear what is coming through the next quarter - stock option here.
    The bad of all this is the inability to fix the broken things and communicate - the law is broken since even fixing the game should not be a bolster to the game...it's like the garage leaving all the lug nuts off your car and hoping you can make it and then you scream foul when one tire flies off and then a second and they don't answer and then the third and the car is kicking up sparks and grounded and still the garage refuses to answer...so you have a one tire car and hope the garage will send out a fixer and add some coolant to your a/c, gas to your tank and give you some new tires with lugs and replacement tires.
    We are in a risk/reward situation with no idea the reward or risk.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »
    Dennis has info that will have to wait until April - sadly, legal-shareholder-illegal trader-stock ****...April Fool's...but that is the truth.
    Look at it this way - Sledge quit because of the shareholder block (in part) and even after he quit still said very little - what does that say of the laws regarding this situation?
    Point being - after the quarter we'll hear what is coming through the next quarter - stock option here.
    The bad of all this is the inability to fix the broken things and communicate - the law is broken since even fixing the game should not be a bolster to the game...it's like the garage leaving all the lug nuts off your car and hoping you can make it and then you scream foul when one tire flies off and then a second and they don't answer and then the third and the car is kicking up sparks and grounded and still the garage refuses to answer...so you have a one tire car and hope the garage will send out a fixer and add some coolant to your a/c, gas to your tank and give you some new tires with lugs and replacement tires.
    We are in a risk/reward situation with no idea the reward or risk.

    Wait... Sledgehammer quit? And we have to wait till April?
    My link to a thread containing many ideas. Constructive feedback welcome! https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/92791/large-idea#latest

    We have
    Grievous
    Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    Dooku
    Conquest
    HvV star-fighters
    Geonosis
    Clone Wars DLC
    Late July-Mid August
    Rejoice!

    Give specialist a OHK sniper rifle, Nt242 (even on body shots).
  • Hello SWB2, i dont have this nice Rodianer skin i need it. (i love the skin) can we a second changse of this skin? Can the Rodian skin please be next?? Unfortunately, I have not made it to time to play, and now I'm annoying that I did not know that there is the skin only for a limited time. please dear SWB2 team gives us but a 2nd opportunity to get this skin multiplayer many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!