criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Y-wing Ion cannons need to do far less damage

So not only do they slow you down making you and incredibly easy target for their heavy hitting cannons and remove your abilities to make you a sitting duck in every aspect, but they also do a huge amount of damage for something supposed to be a support ability. All the evil bombers get are multiple rockets that can easily be dodged and a lock breaking ability that can easily be countered by someone with any sort of competence when it comes to aiming. WHy do they good guys get such an advantage over the villains in this? Like how the Wookies were superior to every single Enforcer the dark side had since release until recently.

Replies

• The ion cannons are especially irritating when I call in a hero ship and get a fleet of y-wings behind me, essentially wasting my 3000 points on a hero ship I never got to use.
  • Any hero ship that is different from normal ships is a waste unless it's Yoda or Darth Maul. Everyone else is an easy target and can never be confused with normal ships, making them all a waste
  • If I may step in here, if you all remember, the Alliance's starfighters were far superior to the Emprie's in 1 on 1 matchups. As it should be. The Alliance depended more on their starfighters, where the Empire relied more on their starships. If you also notice, the dark side craft are much more geared towards offense, and at least the fighters are typically more maneuverable to their counterparts. The dark side craft are meant to be used in groups, as that's how they were meant to be used in the stories.

As far as the Interceptors, the FO Interceptor has become quite amazing for me after upgrading the Tuned Lasers star card and the Weapon Cycler sc up to tier III. It fires way faster than the normal TIE Fighter along with the added maneuverability. Though I still think the rear gunner is rather useless...

I do agree that the number of hero ships is rather unbalanced, and I really hope they fix that and create more dark side hero ships. To me they really have some of the best abilities. Not to mention they are primarily offensive like the dark side typically is.
    Tag: Deadeye_Duncan51
    "Do, or do not. There is no try"
  • darkside bomber countermeasures will stop the ion cannon hitting you during a head on game of chicken, darkside bomber always wins 1v1 against Y wing unless your a noob so there you go.
  • Tovartis wrote: »
    darkside bomber countermeasures will stop the ion cannon hitting you during a head on game of chicken, darkside bomber always wins 1v1 against Y wing unless your a noob so there you go.

Yeah, but afterburners doesn't stop interceptor from being hit and the fighter is just dead in the water with nothing to counter such a powerful ability.