criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 2 is already dead

Prev1
Hi everyone !

I have to say that I felt a little bit sad for this game when I saw the news. It's just... Disappointing.

A temporary game mode for February ? I bet they will add exclusive bonuses (or crates lel) for this period, just to hold players who want to leave. I'm already bored but I know I will give it a try just because I don't want to miss something maybe important.

More info about the new progression in March. Just info. So, we can expect that it will be in place at the end of March, if we are lucky. You know why it is a priority ? Because of microtransactions. At the time, most players will be level 40-50. The new system will be useless for many of us. New players will enjoy this, but who will want to buy this game ?
Dennis confirmed on twitter that major content will come after revamp. RIP people who thought it was coming for February. It is for April (soon lel).

Remember this interview early November ?
Where Dennis said they'll give us info about customisation "REALLY SOON" ? There is still no info. Not at all. And it was a "really soon", imagine now what it means when they are just saying "soon". Recently, he said that feature will come after new progression system. I don't think they will release season 2 and character customisation at the same time. So we can expect this for... May ? The sadest part is that it was supposed to be in the game at launch... And we got nothing. Even Battlefront 2015 had something, it was good except helmetless troopers.
DICE, please, don't say "soon" or "really soon" when something is coming in 3 months.

They knew they had to do something quick and really good to "redeem" themselves after the early fails. It's not the case at all. It seems they don't want to really save this game anymore. It feels more like they just want to fix it more or less, and then, "thanks for the money, goodbye". It's ridiculous to make an announcement just to tell us "there will be an other announcement later". It makes me angry and nothing else.

Just take a look at the comments on Reddit. People are bored and everytime DICE communicates something, it's disappointing... Yeah sorry, it's Star Wars. People wanted something extremely good. Not just good.

This is the last EA game I buy. I hope Disney will give the Star Wars licence to another company. It deserves better.

What do you think about this guys ?

Replies

  • i think it's far from dead, look at the statistics that they posted, like millions of people are playing, and yes it will be less because the hype from the movie is going down.
    If you think 1000 comments on any social media will change something you are wrong :)
    statists what rulles games today
    ...
    make 100% progress of this game, and forget about it , just wait for bf3 before the last movie
  • KurtCoband wrote: »
    Hi everyone !

    I have to say that I felt a little bit sad for this game when I saw the news. It's just... Disappointing.

    A temporary game mode for February ? I bet they will add exclusive bonuses (or crates lel) for this period, just to hold players who want to leave. I'm already bored but I know I will give it a try just because I don't want to miss something maybe important.

    More info about the new progression in March. Just info. So, we can expect that it will be in place at the end of March, if we are lucky. You know why it is a priority ? Because of microtransactions. At the time, most players will be level 40-50. The new system will be useless for many of us. New players will enjoy this, but who will want to buy this game ?
    Dennis confirmed on twitter that major content will come after revamp. RIP people who thought it was coming for February. It is for April (soon lel).

    Remember this interview early November ?
    Where Dennis said they'll give us info about customisation "REALLY SOON" ? There is still no info. Not at all. And it was a "really soon", imagine now what it means when they are just saying "soon". Recently, he said that feature will come after new progression system. I don't think they will release season 2 and character customisation at the same time. So we can expect this for... May ? The sadest part is that it was supposed to be in the game at launch... And we got nothing. Even Battlefront 2015 had something, it was good except helmetless troopers.
    DICE, please, don't say "soon" or "really soon" when something is coming in 3 months.

    They knew they had to do something quick and really good to "redeem" themselves after the early fails. It's not the case at all. It seems they don't want to really save this game anymore. It feels more like they just want to fix it more or less, and then, "thanks for the money, goodbye". It's ridiculous to make an announcement just to tell us "there will be an other announcement later". It makes me angry and nothing else.

    Just take a look at the comments on Reddit. People are bored and everytime DICE communicates something, it's disappointing... Yeah sorry, it's Star Wars. People wanted something extremely good. Not just good.

    This is the last EA game I buy. I hope Disney will give the Star Wars licence to another company. It deserves better.

    What do you think about this guys ?

    RIP SWBFII
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    It's nowhere near dead but I'd love to know why they use terms like "soon" when it clearly means something different to them. Maybe it's a cultural thing? In America at least soon means..... well **** soon.
  • KurtCoband
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, of course. It's obvious that millions of players won't disappear in a month. But it feels dead in a certain way. It could have been something so good, almost perfect. And that will probably never be the case...

    Sometimes when you are playing a game, you think "it would have been better if they had this". But when I'm playing Battlefront 2, I'm always thinking that about so many things that are wrong in this game.

    And 1000 comments are nothing compared to the stats, but there are certainly many people who don't take the time to comment about this. They are just disappointed and that's all.
  • me too man, me too
  • saltydog
    721 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i think it's far from dead, look at the statistics that they posted, like millions of people are playing, and yes it will be less because the hype from the movie is going down.
    If you think 1000 comments on any social media will change something you are wrong :)
    statists what rulles games today
    ...
    make 100% progress of this game, and forget about it , just wait for bf3 before the last movie


    ...

    Statistics mean absolutely nothing because they can be framed to show any type of picture that you want. For example just look at how the US gubment calculates inflation. Just saying.
    To the original post. I get it. All I can say is manage your expectations and try and stay positive.
  • That was back when people didn’t hate the game
  • It’s pretty dead.
  • Yep. And the same was said about Battlefront 2015 right from the beginning. And yet still people are playing it and having fun... Strange.
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The progression system fix coming months later is going to massively hurt the longevity of this game, I know this crap can't be done over night though but EA/Dice should have had more forethought about the progression before release. Oh wait.... This is EA we're talking about here all they care is about money.... Scrap what I just said then.

    Anyway by the time any meaningful changes come to the progression system and make it better, most people that are still around will have already grinded the **** out and have most the stuff they need, and whats left of the people will probably have quit.

    So.... Unless this game goes down to the 9.99 and under aisle, people won't be playing this game even if it is improved in the coming march due to fiasco at launch.

    This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    I'm only here because I got the Elite edition for PC at like 36 bucks... And I love Star Wars and was hoping it might be decent enough to play... If it weren't for that I wouldn't have bought this garbage game lol. It's too unbalanced for me the classes aren't interesting. Literally All I do is play officer get a **** ton of points just so I can play Yoda. Plus I'm only here as a time burner. Once Kingdom Come Deliverance comes out feb 13th... Deuces!!!
  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers
  • Its the last EA game you will buy ever. Wow.
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The NPD (A market research group) showed us that BF2 sold 20% of what CoD WW2 in debut month.

    BF2 had 882,000 copies across all consoles

    CoD WW2 had sold 4.4m

    Games sales typically do best at launch and in the first couple months after. EA has a lot of catching up to do.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/12/08/npd-shows-dismal-battlefront-2-sales-at-20-of-call-of-duty-wwii-sales/#747a70e12b38
  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
    Obviously it can't be top saller of the year if it come of in november, think about it(for once) how to freaking google things.
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
    Obviously it can't be top saller of the year if it come of in november, think about it(for once) how to freaking google things.

    CoD WW2 sold 4.4m copies in debut month and was one of the top selling games of 2017.... LMFAO. Now you're just living in denial. It came out same month as BF2.

  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
    Obviously it can't be top saller of the year if it come of in november, think about it(for once) how to freaking google things.

    CoD WW2 sold 4.4m copies in debut month and was one of the top selling games of 2017.... LMFAO. Now you're just living in denial.

    Am I saying that is top seller, or top game or something like that? no
    What i'm saying EA is paying attention only to numbers, and to say that game is dead is just not true
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Hanzo wrote: »
    Yes, BF2 only sold 900,000 copies, prior to Christmas. Add in sales at almost every retailer and TLJ hype (whether good or bad) and I am sure they are doing just fine. Is it the best selling game ever? **** no, but until I have trouble finding matches I am not going to worry. Don't judge the game population by your lobby on PC. Very few people game on PC when compared to console.

    I'm not making judgments I'm going by facts here. I think its true to say that EVERYONE on EVERY platform seems to feel the game isn't as populated as they want it to be.

    The total BF2 sales haven't even matched CoD WW2 debut sales yet. I know this to be true because the Goal was to sell 1.72m units and according to sale data, EA only had 588,000 sales in December. So 588+ 900K = 1.488m sales. It's close to the goal but still disappointing.

    With all the controversy still looming too it will only hurt potential sales as time goes on.

  • Didn’t cod go over 10 million recently.
  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
    Obviously it can't be top saller of the year if it come of in november, think about it(for once) how to freaking google things.

    CoD WW2 sold 4.4m copies in debut month and was one of the top selling games of 2017.... LMFAO. Now you're just living in denial.

    Am I saying that is top seller, or top game or something like that? no
    What i'm saying EA is paying attention only to numbers, and to say that game is dead is just not true

    The game is not dead. But it is gasping for air.
  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    clearly you don't know the numbers

    Are we butt hurt??? Just do a google search. The sales of this game have been poor. It didn't even make a top seller of 2017. Go ahead. Go to google, and type top video game sales 2017.

    Now to be fair EA had a few games on there, Andromeda was one and Madden was. But even though Andromeda was for the most part a commercial success, it failed miserably which is why any future content for the game was scrapped a few months in. I think Andromeda failing is what hurt BF2 because the consumer trust is almost entirely gone.
    Obviously it can't be top saller of the year if it come of in november, think about it(for once) how to freaking google things.

    CoD WW2 sold 4.4m copies in debut month and was one of the top selling games of 2017.... LMFAO. Now you're just living in denial.

    Am I saying that is top seller, or top game or something like that? no
    What i'm saying EA is paying attention only to numbers, and to say that game is dead is just not true

    The game is not dead. But it is gasping for air.

    agree
    new content needed asap :)
  • Calling a game dead depends on the point of view. No game will be completely dead unless they shut off a server to a game that requires it to play. Marvel heros Omega is dead. They turned the severs off. You can't play Omega even if you wanted to. Games like Street Fighter 2, a game that has been out sense the early 90's still is not dead. Sure it doesn't have the fan base that it once has, but people still play it. So SF2 could be considered dead even though people still play it.

    SWBF2. Could be considered dead, due to the fact that it is only 2 months old and it can take over ten minutes to find a certain match. When it takes that long to find less than 5 people, that is a problem. If the game had the amount of players that they claim it does, we wouldn't be waiting that long for a match. A game doesn't need to have zero players to be a "dead game"
  • SWBF2. Could be considered dead, due to the fact that it is only 2 months old and it can take over ten minutes to find a certain match. When it takes that long to find less than 5 people, that is a problem.
    On which platform, which mode? I´m playing on PS4 and think that, up until now, I never ever had to wait more than 1-2 minutes for Blast/Strike/GA. I´ll have to admit that I had to wait quite long for HvV games - but I only played that mode to get the credits for a challenge.

  • bfloo
    14755 posts Member
    The 156,939,813 spawns on Crait isn't that impressive. If there are 1 million players, and on average player deaths average out to 10/ game, everyone played Crait ~16 times, with it coming up constantly the first few days plus we had the GA Sunday, playing it twice each time it came up in the rotation.


    While I didn't actually count, I am sure it came up more than 8 times the 1st week alone, and I always sat through it to get a cw map after.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Flair
    66 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Doesn't feel dead to me, can get into any game mode (except HvV because I don't play it) almost instantly on console. That's not dead.
  • @SnickersSuperr can you please link to the stats you mentioned ?

    Thanks
    NeoX

  • I completely agree with you !
    Must be realistic, this game is dead ...
    He was dead well before his release ...
    I really hope that Disney will entrust its license to competent people and not to people who just want to make money on the backs of players ...
    EA is a **** company!
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I am getting immune to these types of threads. I see them on pretty much all the game forums I go to.

    "This game is dead"
    "This game is dying"
    "X game is going to kill this game"
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i think it's far from dead, look at the statistics that they posted, like millions of people are playing, and yes it will be less because the hype from the movie is going down.
    If you think 1000 comments on any social media will change something you are wrong :)
    statists what rulles games today
    ...
    make 100% progress of this game, and forget about it , just wait for bf3 before the last movie

    How DARE you look at stats and make informed decisions... the game is DEAD because a random youtube video said it is... don't you even internet bro!?
    I completely agree with you !
    Must be realistic, this game is dead ...
    He was dead well before his release ...
    I really hope that Disney will entrust its license to competent people and not to people who just want to make money on the backs of players ...
    EA is a **** company!

    Oh, you mean exactly what Disney has done on the backs of Star Wars fans for their sequels? LoL!!!
  • @LuckyJax13 . I play on X1. On modes like Strike and Blast the wait is under 5 min. Modes like HvsV and SA it can take a lot longer. I have had HvsV matches take over 5 min just waiting for 1 more person.

    If the game is not dead, then it is definitely on Life support. Maybe the new content/patches will be the defibrillator the game needs badly.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    @LuckyJax13 . I play on X1. On modes like Strike and Blast the wait is under 5 min. Modes like HvsV and SA it can take a lot longer. I have had HvsV matches take over 5 min just waiting for 1 more person.

    If the game is not dead, then it is definitely on Life support. Maybe the new content/patches will be the defibrillator the game needs badly.

    I play on XB1 and have 0 wait on any mode outside of HvV which is around 30 seconds.

    See, anecdotal evidence works both ways.
  • @Hanzo. What time of day do you play? I play after 10pm and before 3pm. I am missing the time of the day that most gamers play at. I am aware that the time it takes to find a match depends on time of day and your location.
  • You might want to specify your timezone
    NeoX
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    @Hanzo. What time of day do you play? I play after 10pm and before 3pm. I am missing the time of the day that most gamers play at. I am aware that the time it takes to find a match depends on time of day and your location.

    I play at strange times. I am in the Eastern US time zone, I play sometimes very early 7-8am EST, sometimes afternoon and sometimes evening. Never in the overnight hours so maybe that's it?
  • Andypandy
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @LuckyJax13 . I play on X1. On modes like Strike and Blast the wait is under 5 min. Modes like HvsV and SA it can take a lot longer. I have had HvsV matches take over 5 min just waiting for 1 more person.

    If the game is not dead, then it is definitely on Life support. Maybe the new content/patches will be the defibrillator the game needs badly.

    What you have to remember is the painfully long loading screens on this game. Sometimes the wait for players is beacuse of that. Im on PS4 and having no problem finding GA, or Strike games. I usually play late night. The HvV mode is **** tho, you have a point there. I think the AFK people have destroyed that mode, no one wants to play that mode anymore.
  • This game isn't dead. The sky isn't falling. You may leave if you are unhappy.
  • No I don't want to leave because I paid 50€ for this game and they promised us a lot of things. Customisation was supposed to be there at launch ! Dennis is simply a liar.
  • KurtCoband wrote: »
    No I don't want to leave because I paid 50€ for this game and they promised us a lot of things. Customisation was supposed to be there at launch ! Dennis is simply a liar.
    You must have patience for new content, unless you want a buggy mess of course.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • If the game was already dead you wouldn’t be here shedding all these tears :)
    NeoX
  • If the game was already dead you wouldn’t be here shedding all these tears :)

    okthxbyelol
  • Please search for “game is dead” threads next time, so we can focus all useless non-constructive feedback in one place. :)
    NeoX
  • 30 sec waiting for a match on pc. i don't think it's dead ^^
  • KurtCoband wrote: »
    No I don't want to leave because I paid 50€ for this game and they promised us a lot of things. Customisation was supposed to be there at launch ! Dennis is simply a liar.

    I hope you learned a valuable lesson in gaming.

    Purchase games for what they are, not what they might become.
  • Vilpire
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    KurtCoband wrote: »
    No I don't want to leave because I paid 50€ for this game and they promised us a lot of things.

    You paid for the game, not for it's future. You are entitled to absolutely nothing. Politicians promise a lot during elections and never hold them, that's basically the same.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • @KurtCoband. What is sad is I know the exact response that Dennis would give. " you do have customized options, you can pick what star cards to use, and also have a choice of weapons." Those are customizing options, but I know they are not the ones you were thinking of. I am sure they did that on purpose for that exact reason. They wanted people to think of all the customize options that could be there, while being able to offer little and still be able to truthfully say "we didn't lie, you do have customizing options".

    You can't assume what will/should be in a game, buy it for what it actually is. You can still hope that someday it will become the game that you wanted. Here is a funny fact, it took Rockstar almost 3 years later to put a feature into GTA5 that was written as a ingame feature on the back of the game box.


  • This game hasn't even made it to a top seller not even a top 20 in virtually any market. There isn't going to be enough people playing this game by then, and EA probably won't give enough incentive for people to buy it this Spring.

    Please get your facts right next time. Not too long ago it was the top selling game in Austrailia. Just last month it was the most downloaded game on psn store in EU and third or fourth in the american psn store
  • @KurtCoband. What is sad is I know the exact response that Dennis would give. " you do have customized options, you can pick what star cards to use, and also have a choice of weapons." Those are customizing options, but I know they are not the ones you were thinking of. I am sure they did that on purpose for that exact reason. They wanted people to think of all the customize options that could be there, while being able to offer little and still be able to truthfully say "we didn't lie, you do have customizing options".

    You can't assume what will/should be in a game, buy it for what it actually is. You can still hope that someday it will become the game that you wanted. Here is a funny fact, it took Rockstar almost 3 years later to put a feature into GTA5 that was written as a ingame feature on the back of the game box.

    Yep but in the video, he talks about character appearance. Not star cards or anything else. It's a proof that he lied and it seems that there are still people defending him, ha ha.
  • KurtCoband wrote: »
    @KurtCoband. What is sad is I know the exact response that Dennis would give. " you do have customized options, you can pick what star cards to use, and also have a choice of weapons." Those are customizing options, but I know they are not the ones you were thinking of. I am sure they did that on purpose for that exact reason. They wanted people to think of all the customize options that could be there, while being able to offer little and still be able to truthfully say "we didn't lie, you do have customizing options".

    You can't assume what will/should be in a game, buy it for what it actually is. You can still hope that someday it will become the game that you wanted. Here is a funny fact, it took Rockstar almost 3 years later to put a feature into GTA5 that was written as a ingame feature on the back of the game box.

    Yep but in the video, he talks about character appearance. Not star cards or anything else. It's a proof that he lied and it seems that there are still people defending him, ha ha.

    I don't think anyone is defending their deceit. I think people are just tired of this self entitled mindset that so many snowflakes these days possess.

    If you want to vent, go punch your pillow. These threads are getting old and you only make yourself look childish by creating them.
  • @KurtCoband . I am sorry. I didn't actually watch the video. I will now. I had no idea that he actually said things about character appearance. Yes that does make him a big lier. Considering the video was made the same month that the game was released, he already knew that kind of customizing was not in the game at all. Godforbid that the guy actually know what was in the game before he spoke about it.

    Now before someone says "they have found date files showing customized characters" that means nothing. Those could have been anything from orginal ideas that someone forgot to delete to old SWBF1 files that somehow ended up in the same spots as the SWBF2 files when they were put on disks/media to be sold. Even if the plan was to put them in before release, it doesn't mean that they ever will be finished for the game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!