criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Hoth Phase 2 East Door Not Opening?

Before the attackers move inside phase 2, the east door doesn't open, anyone else having an issue with this or notice while playing?

Replies

• bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    If the AT-AT gets taken down, the door on which ever side the downed AT-AT is on doesn't open.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Before the attackers move inside phase 2, the east door doesn't open, anyone else having an issue with this or notice while playing?

Did both AT-ATs survive? You do know that if one of the AT-ATs is destroyed then the door in front of it doesn't get blasted open, right?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Before the attackers move inside phase 2, the east door doesn't open, anyone else having an issue with this or notice while playing?

Did both AT-ATs survive? You do know that if one of the AT-ATs is destroyed then the door in front of it doesn't get blasted open, right?

They both survived, the east door was locked.
  • dumbo
    112 posts Member
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that there is a switch to open the door from the inside?
  • bfloo wrote: »
    If the AT-AT gets taken down, the door on which ever side the downed AT-AT is on doesn't open.
    But you can open it from the inside. If you manage to arrive the button alive.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Beat me too it
  • RumpelTv wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Really? Interesting

They both survived, the east door was locked.

Another glitch? Impossible
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I’ve died a couple of times waiting. But I had no clue about walkers having anything to do with it...
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    RumpelTv wrote: »
    Really? Interesting

There is a switch that can open the door if it is locked, but only the Empire can access it.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Really? Interesting
    Yes.
    Clone201 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Really? Interesting

There is a switch that can open the door if it is locked, but only the Empire can access it.
    And the rebels can destroy it to prevent opening. :-)
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member

I never knew that. Good tip!

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Yep. It never opens. Neither of them do.
    The AT-ATs blast them open. :sunglasses:
  • Somebody tow cabled it at the last second when you were already inside the building. I did it yesterday myself. You just didn’t see the walker get taken down, but it happened.
  • But seriously, do you mean as it goes from phase 1 to 2? Because both doors will remain closed until they're destroyed.
  • dumbo wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that there is a switch to open the door from the inside?

Yes, that's right, but if both AT-ATs survive then the doors are blasted open making the need to use the switch superfluous. If both are still standing and one door doesn't open it's a glitch, but it can still be opened as you've said. I actually managed to do that once; got inside the hangar, opened the door, and we ended up winning the match.
    Somebody tow cabled it at the last second when you were already inside the building. I did it yesterday myself. You just didn’t see the walker get taken down, but it happened.

That seems feasible. If the tow cable latched on just as the "Fall Back" is called and the AT-AT is taken down before it can blast the door, then this would explain it.
    On a side note, I played a match last night on Hoth where, for the first time, me and my felow Rebels took down both AT-ATs and won the match on phase 1. It was a pretty cool moment. :)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu