criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Geonosis SA?

To shake up the objectives, I’d love a ground attack sort of objective, such as Landing at Point Rain from the Clone Wars
  • Could we please get some new SA maps or SWBF 15 FS maps ported over? DS, Bespin, Sullust, just something new please.
    #StarWars-y
  • ??????
    #StarWars-y
  • JMaster
    2249 posts Member
    I was looking over some old LEGO UCS sets, and I found something cool and interesting...
    9qg9z474zlw9.png

"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • If DICE is adding more CW skins then please consider:

e4sgjv4earif.png
    td8kchcm95hb.png
    6dryozjpogf1.png
    #StarWars-y
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I would even be fine with simple dog fight maps without any real objectives, if that meant more maps. I really would love to see the Death Star trench run and Scarif shield gate make a return. Or have in atmosphere battles on Takodana and Starkillerbase (as seen in TFA).

They could even put some "destroy X objective" even if it is a recycled one. Like let us fight on the Naboo atmosphere (which is already created), add some capital ships, and make us destroy them. Or even put the same walker from GA and make us take it down from the sky. There are a lot of options with the assets they already have if they don't want to create new ones. They could even prototype something with the space Campaign maps.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • More maps!
  • +1 for Jett Fett's post.
  • So I've just noticed as thread about Blast, about a month old, recommending changes and such. And on the same day that thread went up, it got a reply from F8RGE, yet we are here, with a very similar thread, that is many months old, has many responses, but still no reply from a Dev. WHY?
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    So I've just noticed as thread about Blast, about a month old, recommending changes and such. And on the same day that thread went up, it got a reply from F8RGE, yet we are here, with a very similar thread, that is many months old, has many responses, but still no reply from a Dev. WHY?

I'm actually going to make a go of reasoning why this is the case.

So I was thinking about this over the last couple of days, this does seem reminiscent of the build up to the Solo season. The devs refused to comment on anything related to the seasons, with responses only coming when someone threw their toys out the pram...
    At that point, it dawned on me... There are 2 ways to get noticed.
    1). Act accordingly and hope that you're good enough to get noticed.
    2). Act up and make them notice you.

Now I don't advocate acting up and being a knob, but this whole situation is getting stupid.
  • Anyone else think the Empire/Droid (sorry no FO) Bomber missile barrage could use a slight buff to damage?

I’d also like to be able to just point and shoot and dumb fire the barrage, as the Fighter and Interceptor classes can with the torpedoes, and have all the missiles hit one stationary target. This could be helpful for DS bombers when targeting objectives in addition to bringing these bombers more inline with the Y-wing.
    #StarWars-y
  • So I've just noticed as thread about Blast, about a month old, recommending changes and such. And on the same day that thread went up, it got a reply from F8RGE, yet we are here, with a very similar thread, that is many months old, has many responses, but still no reply from a Dev. WHY?

The general pattern is that if there is nothing to say or nothing they can say, they don't say anything. When people started asking for more campaign content after the Resurrection DLC dropped, @F8RGE chimed in fairly quickly to let us know there wouldn't be anything else. The fact that they haven't said anything about SA is frustrating to say the least, but at least it's not a "no". I would prefer they let us know if there was nothing else coming, just so we could stop complaining about it, but the optimist in me is treating this as "they're keeping their options open."
  • More maps, more hero ships, and at least let a player choose a hero ship in the menu if it's available. I can't stand waiting the five or so seconds to use the ship and right before the timer runs out it gets taken. Also, more hero ships... please.
  • for PC:

better to use mouse/keyboard or Xbox controller? I can't aim squat with the controller!
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    for PC:

better to use mouse/keyboard or Xbox controller? I can't aim squat with the controller!

Mouse and Keyboard is far superior in every aspect. Better range of motion for a start.
  • ufwq1f0ap2he.jpg

When will see these?
    #StarWars-y
  • I love the tie hunters! they were my favorite ties in Rogue Squadron 3. If they reskined them to be used as true first order interceptors, not only would they actually have an interceptor that's a better match for the resistance one, but they would have a third and unique looking fighter for the First Order, finally.
  • What a sad post...I have been waiting on my chance to play BF2, so I had a few extra dollars, and got the game..Its fun enough. And, my favorite mode is SA.
    I came in here, because I cant find any "new" info on ships and crap. Most info Iv found, is before or at the time of the lockbox "gate"..lol
    I see some folks talk about skins. Now, Iv found some skins, 40k ingame cash. And they're all troopers? Is there skins for ships? Is there new/different cards, besides the ones listed for the ships. (Im seeing a lot of different cards, from other players, that I dont seem to have for the same ship..just curious...
    Its like they (EA) got upset over the hoodoo, and just slung it all out, and threw up their hands at the game...Whats the point in having ingame money? Whats the point for crystals? The only thing to buy from EA is crystals, and I dont even see a place to use them. (Dont play much ground combat..admittedly) I find myself wishing for Galaxies 2....lol
  • I read somewhere months ago that the next Battlefront title will be much more vehicle/starfighter focused? Any substance to that?
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • JTLFirestorm
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    In the original battlefront 2 you could play as a soldier, jump into any vehicle, yours or the opposing team's, and fly out into space, get involved in a space battle, land in a battleship and fight through enemies, all in one battle. Can you imagine how crazy your galactic assault games would be then?
  • We will get a new game mode. It may be a kind of BF2 conquest. Let's see how it evolves.

On Geonosis, we should be able to get in a AT-TE and leave it, as with Tauntaun. It may be a first step. However, we would need the same with fighters to go from ground to space and reverse. And it's not the case in any game mode yet.
  • Need new content like maps and star fighters.
    #StarWars-y
  • To does who say that "Starfighter Assault will not receive any new contents or updates in the future" and "what we already have in Starfighter Assault is all we only get", let's all try to be less pessimistic and more optimistic.

I agree that SA is long overdue, and I understand that many of you are very frustrating with the feeling that SA doesn't have enough maps to make up for numbers of contents when comparing to other big gamemodes like GA and HvV. As a player with enthusiastism for starfighters myself, I am also indeed very frustrated about this just as well.

That being said, my biggest concern is actually not about whether we will get new SA contents or not, but rather about DICE's potential to bring in new contents of any kind (not just for SA) and how much they are made, as well as how many of those contents they are working on simultaneously. Since it has been 1 year ago when BF2 was released, it had rough moments, and it could be for numbers of reasons: 1. we are not getting expansions as constantly as its predecessor SWBF2015, 2. it was occasionally very buggy and some of them are needed to be dealt with (such as Palpatine being removed from the game for about a month due to him being unexpectedly extremely OP, and sound bug that affected particularly PC players since the game's launch), 3. it was needed/requested to make mayor changes to improve the game's quality (such as the replacing the old progressive system with a new one, adding and improving the squad system, and replacing the holographic models in favor for the physically real models in the main menu and spawn menu). All these things takes time to make or fix, but I can't really say whether DICE is truly doing their best effort but also at the same time having a lot of difficulties in maintaining and improving BF2, or DICE is not exactly as organized as we would've like and they may need to get themselves together in their offices (I hope the former is the case rather than the latter).

Despite these complicate circumstances, there are things on the bright side we can look at. In case if any of you are not aware, it has been officially reported that DICE will continue to support BF2 further in 2019 with more new contents even after the release of Anakin and Dooku. As long as that's the case, I believe there's a chance for new SA. If I were DICE, there's no way I would allow SA to continue to have only 6 maps in the next years to come, as that would be very unwise for the community. Eventually, they need to make a few more maps, maybe at least three more maps (one per era) to make up for in my opinion.

Besides, according to the latest roadmap, we are getting a new game mode in February that involves taking down capital ships. It might not be new SA maps (like one some of us would've expect to go along with GA's Geonosis map) but at least it's a new content for us as Starfighter enthusiasts to do something that may keep us at least a little busy for a while, hopefully.

Completely agree with what you are saying, but my main gripe is just the non-existent communication about SA

• Besides, according to the latest roadmap, we are getting a new game mode in February that involves taking down capital ships. It might not be new SA maps (like one some of us would've expect to go along with GA's Geonosis map) but at least it's a new content for us as Starfighter enthusiasts to do something that may keep us at least a little busy for a while, hopefully.

In BF15 the Death star dlc was my favourite so I’m hoping this new game mode has that same combination of flying and trooper assault, that would be great.

Realistically we are running out of time for any new content (if BF15 is a datum) as they stopped supporting the game with bug fixes and updates at about 18 months in. I don’t know the size of their team but I believe it’s small and as they have done nothing to address the bugs or poor playability of Hero SF since it’s launch, it’s hard not to be a pessimist! (I think they would argue that this game mode is more SA content that they have added, I would disagree as it’s almost unplayable)

I don’t know if they have any plans for a BF3 but if they do it will be the final nail in the coffin for BF2.

Hoping I’m wrong.
  • To does who say that "Starfighter Assault will not receive any new contents or updates in the future" and "what we already have in Starfighter Assault is all we only get", let's all try to be less pessimistic and more optimistic.

I agree that SA is long overdue, and I understand that many of you are very frustrating with the feeling that SA doesn't have enough maps to make up for numbers of contents when comparing to other big gamemodes like GA and HvV. As a player with enthusiastism for starfighters myself, I am also indeed very frustrated about this just as well.

That being said, my biggest concern is actually not about whether we will get new SA contents or not, but rather about DICE's potential to bring in new contents of any kind (not just for SA) and how much they are made, as well as how many of those contents they are working on simultaneously. Since it has been 1 year ago when BF2 was released, it had rough moments, and it could be for numbers of reasons: 1. we are not getting expansions as constantly as its predecessor SWBF2015, 2. it was occasionally very buggy and some of them are needed to be dealt with (such as Palpatine being removed from the game for about a month due to him being unexpectedly extremely OP, and sound bug that affected particularly PC players since the game's launch), 3. it was needed/requested to make mayor changes to improve the game's quality (such as the replacing the old progressive system with a new one, adding and improving the squad system, and replacing the holographic models in favor for the physically real models in the main menu and spawn menu). All these things takes time to make or fix, but I can't really say whether DICE is truly doing their best effort but also at the same time having a lot of difficulties in maintaining and improving BF2, or DICE is not exactly as organized as we would've like and they may need to get themselves together in their offices (I hope the former is the case rather than the latter).

Despite these complicate circumstances, there are things on the bright side we can look at. In case if any of you are not aware, it has been officially reported that DICE will continue to support BF2 further in 2019 with more new contents even after the release of Anakin and Dooku. As long as that's the case, I believe there's a chance for new SA. If I were DICE, there's no way I would allow SA to continue to have only 6 maps in the next years to come, as that would be very unwise for the community. Eventually, they need to make a few more maps, maybe at least three more maps (one per era) to make up for in my opinion.

Besides, according to the latest roadmap, we are getting a new game mode in February that involves taking down capital ships. It might not be new SA maps (like one some of us would've expect to go along with GA's Geonosis map) but at least it's a new content for us as Starfighter enthusiasts to do something that may keep us at least a little busy for a while, hopefully.

Completely agree with what you are saying, but my main gripe is just the non-existent communication about SA

This is my main concern, as well. I know there will be support for the game through 2019 and I never doubted that. But, so far everything points to ground modes (I will include HvV and Hero Showdown there). The only things SA has received so far are new hero ships (which don't change the matches much since the maps are still the same) and side-effects from Hero Starfighters or other modes. I seriously doubt the constant tweaks to SA were intended for that mode (UI changes, hero buff/nerfs or the new spawn system).

So, I am optimistic about the game itself, but I cannot be about SA when it is usually one of the ignored modes everywhere (this topic with 0 dev comments is a clear example). I still hope they can change that with some surprises in the upcoming roadmaps, anyways.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    starfighter assault is a legit mode in bf2. bf2015 it was like a beta mode. very weak to play and the hitboxes were way off. not many space battles until later dlc (death star and scarif) it was all dog fights. but now in bf2 star fighter assualt is legitimately good. there was a complaint about not being able to level hero ships very quickly so instead of fixing the mode they offer a brand new mode that was done poorly. hero starfighter needed to be more like a tdm mode if you die you could still respawn as hero and try again. but since then didn't do that they let it die.

Now I'd love to see more support for SA. it's one of the bright spots for battlefront 2. but I'm not confident DICE will ever update it again. judging by past results they've completely given up on this mode. no new maps since launch? the same 5 maps over and over and over until your bored of it. but I've come to be more of a realist when it comes to this game than an optimist. been disappointed too many times so I dont expect much now and just enjoy what is there. maybe they will surprise me and launch a new map for SA. I hope they do. but I dont expect it anymore.

Yeah! It would've be nice if Ben or others officials take the time to respond about our feedback regarding SA overall.

At least Ben did responded to me once in one of my thread regarding adding new Bomber-class ships for the Sequel era (the same thread you already participated of course). While it's not about adding new maps, it's at least about adding other contents that would've used for SA which means new ships (though only to be used in just 2 of 6 existing maps). Of course we should take it as a grain of salt, but it was very nice for Ben responding to this, as the Sequel should have Bombers ships like the other two eras.
    PSN: FriedPizza773

Yeah! I would've be nice if Ben or others officials take the time to respond about our feedback regarding SA overall.

At least Ben did responded to me once in one of my thread regarding adding new Bomber-class ships for the Sequel era (the same thread you already participated of course). While it's not about adding new maps, it's at least about adding other contents that would've used for SA which means new ships (though only to be used in just 2 of 6 existing maps). Of course we should take it as a grain of salt, but it was very nice for Ben responding to this, as the Sequel should have Bombers ships like the other two eras.

That points to another issue, the Devs have responded to other threads only slightly related to SA (so not in its entirety) but not the megathread dedicated to it. It just begs the question of, why?
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Put the N-1 Starfighter into SA and Arcade.

papr3wrym1rx.jpg

Or the bunny gets it.

While I like to see more usage of N-1 (like they already did in Hero Starfighters), I do not approve the idea to be added for SA and Arcade (especially the former) unless they add a new SA Naboo map that could only be used there for authentic reason.

Don't get me wrong, the N-1 is an awesome ship. But the reason why this ship exist in the first place is because of GA's Naboo map, and thus an opportunity that the devs took to design this iconic yet unique ship to fit in its role that is endemic only to that planet to reflect TPM. However, if BF2 didn't have Naboo, we probably wouldn't have this ship at all. The N-1 definitely have the capacity to travel around the galaxy like we saw in AofC, but it doesn't make sense to see them participating in Clone Wars battles outside of Naboo.
  • The N-1 should definitely be available in arcade mode, along with all the ground vehicles. It would be fun to use everything and play with it in a more controlled area than while getting blown apart by other players constantly. That seems reasonable.
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Put the N-1 Starfighter into SA and Arcade.

papr3wrym1rx.jpg

Or the bunny gets it.

While I like to see more usage of N-1 (like they already did in Hero Starfighters), I do not approve the idea to be added for SA and Arcade (especially the former) unless they add a new SA Naboo map that could only be used there for authentic reason.

Don't get me wrong, the N-1 is an awesome ship. But the reason why this ship exist in the first place is because of GA's Naboo map, and thus an opportunity that the devs took to design this iconic yet unique ship to fit in its role that is endemic only to that planet to reflect TPM. However, if BF2 didn't have Naboo, we probably wouldn't have this ship at all. The N-1 definitely have the capacity to travel around the galaxy like we saw in AofC, but it doesn't make sense to see them participating in Clone Wars battles outside of Naboo.

There are a couple of ways the N-1 could be implemented into SA without having a new map made specifically for it. 1). You could add it as an enforcer class ship, bringing in B-Wings, Tie Defenders among others into the fray. 2). You could make it a hero ship, with either Leia or a young Anakin at the helm. Or 3). if you consider that Canon isn't exactly a first priority(Kylo vs Droids in GA for example), then you could just replace the X-Wing in one of the maps already in the game, as it basically serves the exact same function, just has different sounds and visuals.
    To tease a unique Starfighter in a GA map and not SA is criminal. I think there is even a campaign mission where you fly alongside N-1's defending Naboo, why not port that over to SA? You don't need to adjust much on it...
  • DaxStorm wrote: »

In BF15 the Death star dlc was my favourite so I’m hoping this new game mode has that same combination of flying and trooper assault, that would be great.

Realistically we are running out of time for any new content (if BF15 is a datum) as they stopped supporting the game with bug fixes and updates at about 18 months in. I don’t know the size of their team but I believe it’s small and as they have done nothing to address the bugs or poor playability of Hero SF since it’s launch, it’s hard not to be a pessimist! (I think they would argue that this game mode is more SA content that they have added, I would disagree as it’s almost unplayable)

I don’t know if they have any plans for a BF3 but if they do it will be the final nail in the coffin for BF2.

Hoping I’m wrong.
    stevenomes wrote: »
    starfighter assault is a legit mode in bf2. bf2015 it was like a beta mode. very weak to play and the hitboxes were way off. not many space battles until later dlc (death star and scarif) it was all dog fights. but now in bf2 star fighter assualt is legitimately good. there was a complaint about not being able to level hero ships very quickly so instead of fixing the mode they offer a brand new mode that was done poorly. hero starfighter needed to be more like a tdm mode if you die you could still respawn as hero and try again. but since then didn't do that they let it die.

Now I'd love to see more support for SA. it's one of the bright spots for battlefront 2. but I'm not confident DICE will ever update it again. judging by past results they've completely given up on this mode. no new maps since launch? the same 5 maps over and over and over until your bored of it. but I've come to be more of a realist when it comes to this game than an optimist. been disappointed too many times so I dont expect much now and just enjoy what is there. maybe they will surprise me and launch a new map for SA. I hope they do. but I dont expect it anymore.

I mean nobody knows exactly how long BF2 will be supported, not even DICE. Though to be honest I heard about this BF3 as a possibility number of times from some people in the past many months ago, probably because they were saying things like BF2 being dead and abandoned by DICE. It sounds to me that this is only just a humor, unless there is something that I'm missing...

Anyway, don't know what you guys think about Elliot, but I do trust him a lot for not only his news sources but also his own thoughts on the game because he's a very knowledgeable expert in BF2, and I don't know any other YouTubers who are any more honest and do better jobs at delivering informative BF2 videos, at least in my opinion.

Besides mentioning the news about BF2 getting support beyond 2019 after Anakin and Dooku, Elliot also said that, based on judging what the officials were saying, he's confident that BF2 is getting significant contents drop, and what sounds to him could also means that this game (along with the recently released BFV) will get a much better live service year with much more new contents than the last year since DICE haven't announced any new game projects at this time.

Of course Elliot has never mentioned specifically about SA, but he did said that BF2 is a very potential game that can have a lot of new things which can include anything, perhaps even new SA maps. And because BF2 may possibly be getting much more new contents than the last year, chances are it might be something good for SA.

If it wasn't for this video from Elliot, I probably wouldn't be confident like you guys.
  • what is starfighter assault?
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • nobody knows what will happen with BF2 but so far we can only go on the current track record which is abysmal. There is some hope that it could be better next year, but im not so sure.

ive been with the game since bf2015 and ive seen a lot of strange stuff. but ive never seen anything to make the think there was going to be an all powerful patch that would fix everything. there is no mystical content drop controlling my destiny. it's just a bunch of simple updates and non-sense.
  • Mokem wrote: »
    EightMile wrote: »
    what is starfighter assault?

The best game mode from battlefront 2

When you get two balanced teams who don't exploit or run I prefer HvV, but that almost never happens.
  • Guys, the problem with SA is that the people who created SA, don't work on the game anymore.

Unfortunately, I think this is the statement I most agree with.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • 7sp2yntizg4t.jpg
    n091irid9rx5.jpg
    a5l8g6vl3n2q.jpg
    30bgl50hw8ay.jpg
    zp7r469r9k6n.jpg
    xlnxxuna8n3o.jpg

More maps please.

Oh, it's beautiful...
  • Hey, don't forget...
    24m32otgx0z9.png
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Definitely need more maps. Falcon and Slave 1 are just big targets. I would greatly increase their health.
  • Mode needs new maps. Please.
    #StarWars-y