criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    So tonight i got both my Poe and my Slave 1 to lvl 130 😎 only another 870 more to go 😐

Why do you keep spamming different threads with the same comments?
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Leia uses an N-1? She’s not a pilot
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • @F8RGE What about a SA Unleashed event? Also need to be able to respawn as a hero ship in HSF and see if that change increases players. Is it possible to replace the Y & V wings with N1’s in GA Naboo and GA Hoth replace the Y wing with another T-47? Plenty of opportunities to fly Y-wings but not so much for the N1 and T-47. N1 for Ryloth? Sure, why not. Maps. Yes.
    TY for not including a star fighter for Anakin.
  • Bumped
  • Stay on target !
  • mastery0ta
    6836 posts Member
    More maps! And B WINGS!
  • N_AM10
    55 posts Member
    Only changes I would make is buff the Hero Ships. The health for those things is pretty average. I don't feel special playing as them besides the new abilities. Besides that, SA is fine. I just wish more people would play it cuz it's impossible to get a game of SA going
  • @DarthJ - trust your feelings.

@Relmets welcome to the thread and good suggestions. Some twilight atmospheric SA maps, yes please. More N1 yes. The restricted airspace leaves a great deal to be desired on the GA maps considering time spent in star fighters is minimal. CS, ppfftt. Hero Star Fighters would be improved if players were able to respawn as a hero ship.
    Would think some of the campaign maps would be available for SA as well but....
    SA is a great mode that is fun and well balanced while it covers all eras, just needs more content.
  • rollind24
    6023 posts Member
    I hate to say it but those calling for bomers on ST maps are the kinds of players that rely on their crutch abilities.

I.E the Y wings ion turret. Which is used by poor pilots so they can spawn. Hit the turret immediately and hit anyone around them to slow them to a crawl so they can actually hit them.

Then theres the TIE Bomber which is primarily chosen to use the disruptor so that the person can not be shot at for a while.

Granted the tie bomber is way less of a crutch as a good a wing pilot can still eassssily shoot down a tie bomber. But its a crutch none the less.

Now before people jump on me saying im salty. I have noooo problem with people using. Bombers to play the objective. I used to use TIE bombers on endor to take down the blockade runners. (Now i just jump in a tie fighter and shred the rebellion and let grunts do the obj work). But it is startling how quickly players will jump into a y wing the moment theyve been killed by a ds hero ship. (Boba in particular) So they can use the revenge marker to find said ship immediately and pop their ion turret and spam that to gang up on the hero ship.

Now while its a smart tactic. You cant take pride in that at all. You cant walk away from that thinking you are a skilled player cause it took absolutely no skill.

Also if you were skilled youd realise that boba can be taken down eaaaasily by 1 good a wing.

Basically if youre a great pilot you have no excuse to fly anything but an a wing or a tri fighter. (Tie fighters are just as valid as tie interceptors and both have perks) they can do it all.

What i find most funny is you get level 40 bombers and when you calmly ask them to be honest and explain why they constantly use a y wing, they will make up whatever excuse they can rather than just say what i and every other pilot with self respect knows to be true. Which is "because i am bad at the game and cant hit anything unless its flying at a ridiculously low speed.

Oooor because i have my panties in a twist cause you killed my luke or poe or yoda or tallie with your ds hero ship and so now im going to get out the y wing to get revenge.

That ended up a bit of a rant. I just hate y wings with a passion. Theyre the cheapest crap ever. Their turret should just be a normal turret not a turbo powered ion turret that slows you down and spray fires from allll the way accross the map. And like an arc (whose turret is perfectly acceptable) should just hit those directly behind it. Dont get me wrong its annoying being taken out by an arc turret but at least you know that when it happens its because you were stupid and got too close when it was firing off. Not because some person with no self respect got sore cause their hero got taken and now theyre spamming the auto kill button.

Anyone else think Y wings are a crutch?

(Before someone starts. I have no problem taking out y wings. Theyre usually canon fodder especially if youre in a tri fighter. However when the whole team get sore and all spawn in y wings you can do nothing about it and its the equivalent of anakin in sfa. I actually had a game the other day on fondor where 9 out of 12 players on the rebel team were in y wings the entire match. So you were constantly stunned from somewhere by an ion turret. I still beat them but it was really annoying.)

Or maybe they just want all three tiers of ships in each era like it should have been done competenly? It’s like not having a Heavy or something in ST maps on the ground. Doesn’t even have to have a turret as far as I’m concerned
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • jo_achim747
    2186 posts Member
    This game mode needs proper content ... new maps and locations and please, where is the customization for the star fighters and vehicles in general ... there would have been so many reasons to play...
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    Tinfoil hat time. Ben recently changed his twitter background pic. It's now a starfighter helmet. While sometimes a change is just a change, he has been subtle with them in the past (I'm looking at you Obi Wan background). Devs have been pumping up June for a bit. The dots could be random but I'm choosing to rabbit hole this one and hope for some SA content. Even if it's just a rework of Hero SA, it would be welcome. I think the crux of the June update won't have much to do with SA, but even if it's just a bone or two, I would be happy.
  • SA needs more content.
  • gomulo14
    22 posts Member
    yes, this game mode need more maps... I would really like a Rouge One map for SA and also for GA, also Hero Ships mode needs to be reworked for deathmatch so you could consistently play hero ships and exp them
  • I'll parrot the ubiquitous request.

Polly wants a new SA map!
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member

@Relmets welcome to the thread and good suggestions.

Cheers
    Some twilight atmospheric SA maps, yes please. More N1 yes. The restricted airspace leaves a great deal to be desired on the GA maps considering time spent in star fighters is minimal. CS, ppfftt. Hero Star Fighters would be improved if players were able to respawn as a hero ship.
    Would think some of the campaign maps would be available for SA as well but....
    SA is a great mode that is fun and well balanced while it covers all eras, just needs more content.

Yeah same thing we've been saying about troopers applies here, you can work with current assets to satisfy minimal content requests at the very least.
    [+3748 posts]
  • SrawDawg
    1110 posts Member
    SA needs to be involved in someway in the current big stuff like CS. If nothing else you could race around the capital ships a few hundred times. I dunno what they could do, take out some shield generators? Engines? Weapons? Blocked corridors? Team kind of stuff.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    SA needs to be involved in someway in the current big stuff like CS. If nothing else you could race around the capital ships a few hundred times. I dunno what they could do, take out some shield generators? Engines? Weapons? Blocked corridors? Team kind of stuff.

Basically when the winning team on the ground boards their transports both teams should he given the opportunity for 10 people to he placed into ground combat to fight aboard the capital ships and 10 people to take to star fighters.

Those who picked ground combat will board the enemy ship and start to work on the doors etc and start makig their way to the objectives. Then plant a bomb.

Those who picked starfighters will simultaneously he fighting on the outside of the capital ship. The obj of the 10 fighters attacking is to take out the shield generators for the ship. The other team has to kill them to stop them. You only get one life in which to attack the ship so use it wiseley.

Only if the starfighter team manages to take out the shield generator should he bomb go off on the inside and the match end.

If the starfighter team fails then go back to the ground and repeat.

Oooor

Have it 3 phases.

1st phase on the ground and ai board the transport ships. All team players are then taken to an sa map outside the capital ship where the attacking team has to attack the shield generators and the defending team must defend. Limited tickets like the final phase. Then if the defending team takes out the tickets youre transport ship is attacked and destroyed. back to the ground to do it again.

If attackers win the AI board the ship and all starfighters board too to join up for the fight inside the capital ship.

The ais wont fight players they will just kill each other as set dressing.
  • B-wings.
  • Mokem
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    it's not going to happen anyway. we will probably get new heroes so we can smash brainless on our controller in heroes vs villans, or maybe some new GA maps. because there are not enough fps games out yet, we need more of that.... i guess.
    Post edited by Mokem on
  • SA needs new content.
  • More maps for SA.
  • E_ABZU
    511 posts Member
    Less SFA for SFA.

More everything, including cowbell.
  • E_ABZU wrote: »
    Less SFA for SFA.

More everything, including cowbell.

Yes!

More Cowbell . . . and don't fear the reaper.
  • Royox
    114 posts Member
    All 3 millennium falcons are defenseless pieces of trash. They 3 need a backturret or some defense against chasing Ties
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    We need more maps and a rework of HvV SA, with hero ship respawns, please.
  • Chem0
    217 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »

And remove spawn timer from SFA.
  • rollind24
    6023 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Royox wrote: »
    All 3 millennium falcons are defenseless pieces of trash. They 3 need a backturret or some defense against chasing Ties

As much as I like SFA, this and not having a ST bomber I feel like Criterion dropped the ball. The Falcon is one ship that I certainly think of using a turret.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • mastery0ta
    6836 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

As much as I like SFA, this and not having a ST bomber I feel like Criterion dropped the ball. The Falcon is one ship that I certainly think of using a turret.

Imagine one person piloting and 2 on the quad guns...Don't get cocky
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

Agreed.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Actually it should have 2. >:)
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member
    Add Naboo and other in atmosphere maps
    I'm sorry but space is extremely overrated
    [+3748 posts]
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Add Naboo and other in atmosphere maps
    I'm sorry but space is extremely overrated

If it gets us more maps, I'm down for whatever.
  • MajorChief_IX
    246 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone else feel that the Hero ship selection is quite embarrasing? The light side has three falcons while the Dark side only has five hero ships. Phasma, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Dooku could all have ships for them and you chould buff up the darkside selection by also throwing in the TIE Striker from Rogue One has a hero ship.

And yes, back on-topic this mode would be awesome with some more maps! Coruscant, Death Star, Scarif, and hopefully Episode IX locations!

Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Leia uses an N-1? She’s not a pilot

Leia can fly in space without a ship. Could you imagine flying a TIE bomber and seeing THIS blasting toward you?

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/f6/8b/8e/2e/7fd0/41ba/b85c/c10e22a9cf21/aspects-of-this-big-shot-of-leia-were-done-practically-others-were-not.gif
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    Shield Gate Scarif. DS trench run.

Would love to have the Trench Run in this game, no idea why they haven't ported it.
  • SA needs more content.
  • SrawDawg
    1110 posts Member
    So tonight i got both my Poe and my Slave 1 to lvl 130 😎 only another 870 more to go 😐

sure you did
  • SrawDawg wrote: »

sure you did

Mate hes lvl 185 now and will.be 200 by the weekends done. Easily.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »

sure you did

Mate hes lvl 185 now and will.be 200 by the weekends done. Easily.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!
  • So again no new content for SA.
  • grimmace2
    1387 posts Member
    Big sigh.