criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• My wishlist for Starfighter Assault:
    1) Buff all TIE series ships, especially the Interceptor's rate of fire/cooling.
    2) More maps (preferably involving direct capital ship assaults/fleet vs fleet battles.
    3) Reinforcement ships, B-Wings, TIE Defenders, V-19 Torrents and Rogue-class starfighters would all make great additions to the game.
    4) Hero ships for Anakin, Obi-Wan and Grievous.
    5) Buff the Millennium Falcon's maneuverability and speed, it's meant to be the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, not the easiest target in the universe.
  • Maybe thay can't tell cause our point of view is investigated ?
    And it takes time To EA DICE and their Light dev crew defining the priorities in term of development and then their announcement.
    The communication to us players and Star Wars fans.

I hope we'll really get some more epic starfighter assault battles !
    Death star assault with final trench run...
  • My wishlist for Starfighter Assault:
    1) Buff all TIE series ships, especially the Interceptor's rate of fire/cooling.
    2) More maps (preferably involving direct capital ship assaults/fleet vs fleet battles.
    3) Reinforcement ships, B-Wings, TIE Defenders, V-19 Torrents and Rogue-class starfighters would all make great additions to the game.
    5) Buff the Millennium Falcon's maneuverability and speed, it's meant to be the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, not the easiest target in the universe.

Do you really want an anakin ruining sfa?

• Do you really want an anakin ruining sfa?

@Finishhimvox
    Yeah, sure, that's exactly what I want. I want them to put Anakin's retribution in sfa and let him blow up every ship in a lightyear radius cus I think that would be amazingly balanced gameplay and would make perfect sense.
    Seriously though, would you really expect the devs to repeat the same mistakes with the same character? Just because Anakin was unbalanced on foot doesn't mean he'd automatically be terrible in the air. If you hadn't noticed they've been nerfing him continuously because they've been listening to the community. There's no reason to assume now they'd be dumb enough to make him OP in SFA.
    Anakin was described as the best star pilot in the galaxy, that's not a reason to make him OP, but it is a good reason to add him to SFA, epsecially seeing as all they need to do is give Yoda's ship a different paint job and change the abilities. He could have a similar loadout to Vader, Jedi Focus instead of Sith Hatred and maybe give him evasive maneuvers instead of the afterburner if they wanted to add something new.
    Yoda didn't fly a single combat space mission in the Clone Wars, Anakin has way more reason to be in SFA than Yoda.
  • Chris1
    221 posts Member
    Dice, are you out there? Its been so frustrating to see other content through the years, and see nothing for SA. Can the devs comment that we will see some real, meaningful SA maps?

Or is all hope lost for SA?
  • Id say they're aware of this thread. Looks like poor SA is truly dead
  • Trouble is Criterion developed SFA, I dont know whether the devs at Dice are capable of doing anything big with the mode.
  • Seronax
    548 posts Member
    I dont play that much as before but here we go :D My real lvl over 1k i m sure xd
    ep6d51anrsv1.png
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Jeff__Vader
    70 posts Member
    edited June 17
    My wishlist for Starfighter Assault:

Agreed except for one point, Anakin hero ship. I don't think the devs are capable of balancing anything that involves the broken one . . . I mean the chosen one. Number 5 really needs some attention. We refer to the Falcon as the Flying Saucer Target ship.
    Nitro747 wrote: »
    6- Rework respawn locations - some maps you die basically 5 seconds after respawning because the enemy is already swarming you

The worst offender is Unknown Regions. The map size is too small so its really easy to drift into the enemy spawn with out even trying. The whole thing seems unfinished like they rushed it. Second phase for example, you are supposedly near an asteroid field in the middle of an UNKNOWN REGION. Where exactly are the troop transports headed? The whole map needs to be reworked: Make it bigger with better spawn locations, more asteroids around the ship instead of just above it, make a second phase that makes sense.

• banner
    61 posts Member
    Chris1 wrote: »
    SA is near perfect as is. Best mode in the game. It does NOT need fixing, changing, nerfing or tweaking!!!!

What it does need is more maps. Many more maps. Doubling the amount of maps if has now would be a start. We need all the classic battles.

We were promised more Star fighter maps at launch and we have gotten zippo.

its needs the constant speed boost option in some ships like we had in Fighter squadron. feels to slow in the awing, interceptor and tie fighter, compared to its predecessor. Because of this everyone is to easy to kill also.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    I put this in another thread but that went dead a few replies later, so here it is.
    hsf_ wrote: »
    And the Battle of Coruscant would be amazing, hundreds of Capital ships shooting wt each other, tons of explosions, it would be amazing

You know what the best bit about Coruscant is? There are so many capital ships in battle, that you could actually make them playable vessels as a unique concept to that map only. 24 capital ships vs 24 capital ships, forget heroes who would want to play them, when you can play as a city sized space ship. You could give them 3 or perhaps 4 abilities such as:
    Q/L1/LB - Deploy strike craft - This will send out 20 AI controlled strike craft(10 fighters 5 intercepters and 5 bombers), which will attack enemy capital ships for a set amount of time. They will also attack enemy strike craft.
    E/R1+L1/RB+LB - Missile Battery - This will launch a series of missile strikes at multiple targets(similar to Empire bomber)
    F/R1/RB - It's been an honor - As a last ditch attempt to turn the tides of battle, all power is diverted to the engines for maximum thrust, with the intention of colliding with an enemy capital ship. This will cause massive damage to the enemy vessel(maximum 80% of active hull points) while also completely destroying your own. This ability would require you to time your shot, as missing the enemy will result in engine overcharge, which will annihilate your vessel. This ability would only be usable when your capital ship is below 30% hull points.
    2/Y?/Triangle?(I'm not sure what the console variants are for a 4th ability) - Deploy ace pilot - This will deploy a hero or villain ship for a single strafing run on a high priority target on an enemy capital ship, if successful it will disable 1 of 4 possible targets(Engines/Shield generator/Weapons/Strike craft hangers) for a short time. This ability can only be deployed by 4 ships on each team at a time. Available ace pilots: LS Anakin, Kenobi, Yoda and Windu. DS Dooku, Sidius, Grievous and Jango.
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    Kashyyyk and Kamino as atmospheric SA maps. Seems all the elements are there so would it be easier than porting or creating new maps from scratch? I’m not a game designer but this guy is @F8RGE
    Mode needs some new content.

Did you mean Naboo? We already have Kamino, which is a good proof of concept on how an atmospheric map could work for other maps.
    Adding Naboo is also a way of giving SA players an asset that can only be played online in GA for a single phase.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I put this in another thread but that went dead a few replies later, so here it is.
    And the Battle of Coruscant would be amazing, hundreds of Capital ships shooting wt each other, tons of explosions, it would be amazing

You know what the best bit about Coruscant is? There are so many capital ships in battle, that you could actually make them playable vessels as a unique concept to that map only. 24 capital ships vs 24 capital ships, forget heroes who would want to play them, when you can play as a city sized space ship. You could give them 3 or perhaps 4 abilities such as:
    Q/L1/LB - Deploy strike craft - This will send out 20 AI controlled strike craft(10 fighters 5 intercepters and 5 bombers), which will attack enemy capital ships for a set amount of time. They will also attack enemy strike craft.
    E/R1+L1/RB+LB - Missile Battery - This will launch a series of missile strikes at multiple targets(similar to Empire bomber)
    F/R1/RB - It's been an honor - As a last ditch attempt to turn the tides of battle, all power is diverted to the engines for maximum thrust, with the intention of colliding with an enemy capital ship. This will cause massive damage to the enemy vessel(maximum 80% of active hull points) while also completely destroying your own. This ability would require you to time your shot, as missing the enemy will result in engine overcharge, which will annihilate your vessel. This ability would only be usable when your capital ship is below 30% hull points.
    2/Y?/Triangle?(I'm not sure what the console variants are for a 4th ability) - Deploy ace pilot - This will deploy a hero or villain ship for a single strafing run on a high priority target on an enemy capital ship, if successful it will disable 1 of 4 possible targets(Engines/Shield generator/Weapons/Strike craft hangers) for a short time. This ability can only be deployed by 4 ships on each team at a time. Available ace pilots: LS Anakin, Kenobi, Yoda and Windu. DS Dooku, Sidius, Grievous and Jango.

Not a fan of the abilities, but I LOVE the concept
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Kashyyyk and Kamino as atmospheric SA maps. Seems all the elements are there so would it be easier than porting or creating new maps from scratch? I’m not a game designer but this guy is @F8RGE
    Mode needs some new content.

Did you mean Naboo? We already have Kamino, which is a good proof of concept on how an atmospheric map could work for other maps.
    Adding Naboo is also a way of giving SA players an asset that can only be played online in GA for a single phase.

Yes I did mean Naboo and thanks for catching that.
    SA needs more content.
    #StarWars-y
  • An idea that has been bugging me for a while, and would clear up a lot of stuff.

Starfighter Skins

Starfighter Skins would make the Starfighter side of the game better for player preference and it would organize starfighters. The Starfighter skins would cost the same as the usual skins, with the same rankings. My ideas:

Millenium Falcon: The Default skin for the Millenium Falcon would be Han and Chewie, with Rey/Chewie and Lando/L3-37 as alternate skins, the former a Rare skin (20,000 credits) and the latter Epic (40,000).

Boba Fett's Slave I: An alternate skin for the Slave I could be Jango Fett's color scheme, which looks like this:
    http%3A%2F%2Fimages.moc-pages.com%2Fuser_images%2F83528%2F1483192806m_SPLASH.jpg

Poe Dameron's X-Wing: Poe Dameron used a blue and white X-Wing at one point during TFA, and that could be a Rare or Epic skin.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.britmodeller.com%2Freviews%2Frevell%2Fnews%2F092015starwars%2Fresistance-xwing2a.jpg

Hope this idea goes into the game one day.

Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • grimmace2
    1265 posts Member
    An idea that has been bugging me for a while, and would clear up a lot of stuff.

Starfighter Skins

Starfighter Skins would make the Starfighter side of the game better for player preference and it would organize starfighters. The Starfighter skins would cost the same as the usual skins, with the same rankings. My ideas:

Millenium Falcon: The Default skin for the Millenium Falcon would be Han and Chewie, with Rey/Chewie and Lando/L3-37 as alternate skins, the former a Rare skin (20,000 credits) and the latter Epic (40,000).

Boba Fett's Slave I: An alternate skin for the Slave I could be Jango Fett's color scheme, which looks like this:
    http%3A%2F%2Fimages.moc-pages.com%2Fuser_images%2F83528%2F1483192806m_SPLASH.jpg

Poe Dameron's X-Wing: Poe Dameron used a blue and white X-Wing at one point during TFA, and that could be a Rare or Epic skin.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.britmodeller.com%2Freviews%2Frevell%2Fnews%2F092015starwars%2Fresistance-xwing2a.jpg

Love the idea of skins for SA. Mode also needs new maps.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    An idea that has been bugging me for a while, and would clear up a lot of stuff.

Starfighter Skins

Love the idea of skins for SA. Mode also needs new maps.

Also, a skin for Kylo Ren's starfighter from Episode IX.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Also, the Resistance Bombers should be changed to the bombers seen in the Last Jedi (why weren't they included in that season?):

tlj-db-cobolt-squadron-main-image_3cff3b44.jpeg

It would be significantly slower, but would pack a bigger punch.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Also, the Resistance Bombers should be changed to the bombers seen in the Last Jedi (why weren't they included in that season?):

Nah, as you said, they are way to slow, but not only that, they are much larger than any pilotable ship currently in game. It would result in a situation much worse than flying the Falcon

Nah, as you said, they are way to slow, but not only that, they are much larger than any pilotable ship currently in game. It would result in a situation much worse than flying the Falcon

Maybe. Just thought it would be a good idea.
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    Also, the Resistance Bombers should be changed to the bombers seen in the Last Jedi (why weren't they included in that season?):

I think the problem with the TLJ bombers is that they are too big when compared to the other ships. If the ST gets their own bombers, they should be similar in size to the other "basic classes". I don't know if there are any canon alternatives (I haven't read all the comics/novels), but if not I am sure the story group would be fine with DICE creating their own canon bombers. I fear they would be some reskinned Y-Wings again though :(
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    I wish they made SA into a entirely separate game, you know why not? Remake rogue squadron or tell any story they want to tell. The framework is there, it's solid they need to expand upon it, dedicate an entire disc to it. $$$ more star wars games equals more money.
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I wish they made SA into a entirely separate game, you know why not? Remake rogue squadron or tell any story they want to tell. The framework is there, it's solid they need to expand upon it, dedicate an entire disc to it. $$$ more star wars games equals more money.

I would buy that game gladly. Somebody should tell Criterion, already... In fact, I am sure that they have run the idea at some level on EA after seeing how well-received SA was.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

I would buy that game gladly. Somebody should tell Criterion, already... In fact, I am sure that they have run the idea at some level on EA after seeing how well-received SA was.

If any of the recent EA comments are anything to go by(loot boxes are like Kinder Eggs apparently), then the likelihood is they were laughed out the boardroom with that suggestion.
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

If any of the recent EA comments are anything to go by(loot boxes are like Kinder Eggs apparently), then the likelihood is they were laughed out the boardroom with that suggestion.

They actually said this? They haven't learned from loot boxes? Wow I'm actually surprised after the backlash they got. But then I seen how that 80% finished star wars game was scrapped because they couldn't monetize it more. I seriously hope fallen order crashes and burns. EA sucks
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    I love how this topic is still going strong.

I don't love how it has been ignored 😔
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    I love how this topic is still going strong.

I don't love how it has been ignored 😔

SA is the last thread that pulls me back to this game, so it’s infuriating how it’s ignored
  • @EA_Tom
    @EA_Charlemagne
    @EA_Rtas
    @F8RGE
    Any chance that we could get a HU event for SA? SA is s great mode and a vast improvement over SWBF 15 FS with the improved flight mechanics. Also the amount of available star fighters and hero ships across all eras is another great improvement over FS.
    While it appears that we will not be getting any additional SA content, which is unfortunate, will the team consider a HU event for the SA mode? I think a HU event for SA would be just as fun as the HU event for GA.
    Any communication regarding a SA HU event would be appreciated.
    #StarWars-y
  • HU ruins GA and CS for me, I don’t want it ruining SA as well
  • HU ruins GA and CS for me, I don’t want it ruining SA as well

I get that but SA doesn’t funnel into a room like most GA maps and the CS maps. It’s all wide open territory. Besides it’ll make it easier to hit that max 1k level for hero star fighters. 😆. It’d only be for a weekend and would let us know that EA/DICE haven’t completely forgotten the abandoned and third largest mode known as SA. Chances are this is something you’ll never have to worry about as SA is where hope goes to die.
    #StarWars-y
  • Mokem
    25 posts Member
    Sfa is dead :(
  • Mokem wrote: »
    Sfa is dead :(

No it isn’t, at least not on Xbox
  • grimmace2
    1265 posts Member
    SA is fine, just need to be on the right servers.

As far as HU for SA goes, I'd be down, but curious if they would allow all three falcons to be used at the same time, lol.
  • grimmace2
    1265 posts Member
    Since @F8RGE has been so active on the forums lately, just wanted to bump to see if we could get any kind of response on the future of SA?
  • Well they have broken it. As of today if the game doesnt fill up in like 10 secs the game starts with no obj and ends immediately @F8RGE can you address this?
  • GenxDarchi
    7726 posts Member
    So still nothing for SFA @F8RGE? Any plans for this?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• I had a flashback of this beauty today, how great it would be to fly this thing around like in the epic Rogue Squadron II? Maybe make it a Hero Ship available for 50K points?

rkl3giezv4yh.jpg
  • I had a flashback of this beauty today, how great it would be to fly this thing around like in the epic Rogue Squadron II? Maybe make it a Hero Ship available for 50K points?

rkl3giezv4yh.jpg

Absolutley!! Things like are why the Rogue Squadron series will always be my favorite Star Wars Games of all time.
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    I had a flashback of this beauty today, how great it would be to fly this thing around like in the epic Rogue Squadron II? Maybe make it a Hero Ship available for 50K points?

rkl3giezv4yh.jpg

I'll be honest, with no content for SFA since the Solo Season I'd be absolutely gutted if the first scrap thrown our way was a joke.
  • Hopes and patience guys... May The Force Be With Us.
  • Hey everyone, the latest community survey just got released, there is a question where you have to choose which content you want to be added to the game the most.
    Starfighter assault New content is still proposed, i think we can make our voices heared.
    Please consider and support !
    Everything is still possible ! May The Force Be With Us !

#Death star assault with final trench run.
    #Capital ships VS from each era.