criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• If they’re not going to add new maps for Starfighter Assault or Extraction, would anyone else be interested if they merge these modes into phases for OT Capital Supremacy?

If they ever bring Capital Supremacy to the OT era, I think that it should be slightly different to the current one that we have.

The ground phase would be exactly the same, and it would not have starfighters. However, in the capital ship phase, you have some new objectives depending on the map.

On certain maps, the objectives could be destroying the ship’s hyperdrive generator, shield generator, escape shuttles, etc.. On other maps however, the Imperials could try to board a Rebel MC80 and Extract a payload, Gonk Droid, etc.

The Rebels could also board an Imperial Star Destroyer and Extract R2-D2, a payload, etc..

After the capital ship phase, depending on the map, there would be a Starfighter Assault phase.

In this phase, the team that dominated the ground phase could attack the exterior of the enemy’s capital ship and destroy it.

In this phase, there would be Light Cruisers for the defenders and Bombing Squadrons for the attackers. Basically an all-out starfighter battle.
  • killerzf7 said:
    If they’re not going to add new maps for Starfighter Assault or Extraction, would anyone else be interested if they merge these modes into phases for OT Capital Supremacy?

If they ever bring Capital Supremacy to the OT era, I think that it should be slightly different to the current one that we have.

The ground phase would be exactly the same, and it would not have starfighters. However, in the capital ship phase, you have some new objectives depending on the map.

On certain maps, the objectives could be destroying the ship’s hyperdrive generator, shield generator, escape shuttles, etc.. On other maps however, the Imperials could try to board a Rebel MC80 and Extract a payload, Gonk Droid, etc.

The Rebels could also board an Imperial Star Destroyer and Extract R2-D2, a payload, etc..

After the capital ship phase, depending on the map, there would be a Starfighter Assault phase.

In this phase, the team that dominated the ground phase could attack the exterior of the enemy’s capital ship and destroy it.

In this phase, there would be Light Cruisers for the defenders and Bombing Squadrons for the attackers. Basically an all-out starfighter battle.
    As i mentioned in the Extraction thread, this idea could work in general. But a Starfighter should have been brought in CS in a different way. Perhaps there shouldn't be phases. I think, it would be quite good, if you have around 3 objectives on every command ship exterior. The whole time, one team holds at least 3 command posts, the shields of the enemy's command ship are down and the objectives can be attacked. In this time you can also board the enemy's ship to play another, additional objective (extraction and the strike-objectives). But for that kind of game-mode the player- and bot-count should be much higher (around 32vs32 players and 32vs32 bots). You need both, since everyone can choose their battlefield (f.e. to play some kind of real Conquest for themselves), but the objective must be played.
  • @Imladithil2002

I actually thought of that once, but the I figured that if we had starfighters available while the ground phase is active, some of the pilots might just go and strafe the command posts instead.

Sure they could re-work the command posts by adding turbolasers, putting the command posts in bunkers, or adding structures that prevent aerial bombardments. But players may still be annoyed about having them in the ground phase.

I think it’s better if they add one whole phase because it’ll level the playing field, and Starfighter Assault was really well done in this game. So well
    done that some of the assets should be brought over to Capital Supremacy.
  • killerzf7 said:
    @Imladithil2002

I actually thought of that once, but the I figured that if we had starfighters available while the ground phase is active, some of the pilots might just go and strafe the command posts instead.

Sure they could re-work the command posts by adding turbolasers, putting the command posts in bunkers, or adding structures that prevent aerial bombardments. But players may still be annoyed about having them in the ground phase.

I think it’s better if they add one whole phase because it’ll level the playing field, and Starfighter Assault was really well done in this game. So well
    done that some of the assets should be brought over to Capital Supremacy.
    The problem with the command post strafing could be solved, if starfighters could fly above the ground for only about one minute and then have to go back to the capital ships, if they don't want to die due to out-of-bonds. But perhaps you're right, that a whole phase would be better (my point is just, that i wouldn't want to force people to play on the ground or to play in space). And yes, even if i don't play SA very often (because i really suck at driving starfighters), i have to agree, that this mode is very well done.
  • Watch it!  You’ve got one on your tail!  
    #StarWars-y
  • Watch it!  You’ve got one on your tail!  
    I’m hit!
  • grimmace2
    1198 posts Member
    Fingers crossed we get some sort of SA content announcement at gamescon.
  • Hopes guys !
  • Rebellions are built on hope . . . but apparently star fighters are not.
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    Guys, im under the impression that i get more score on hero starfighters wen playing normally as opposed to double exp wednesdays and not because i play better, i actually played worse with like half the kills. So overall im getting the same amount of exp on an average day as when its double exp, not sure if this is accidental can someone maybe back this or tell me if im wrong?
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    This has to be the case, i just got 13k score without doing much but yesterday trying my hardest and having some great games, i didnt make it to 10k and i got many more kills consistently, i only saw one person break 10k all afternoon, could someone else please take a look
  • I still play this mode with a lot of friends.
    I'd love more maps and to have Hero Starfighter fixed. Set up like regular hvv, no regular ships
  • I really want to see the Battle of Endor.

It sucks to see it from the Death Star II hangars in Galactic Assault and not be able to take part in it.

It’s so close, yet so far away. :(
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I really want to see the Battle of Endor.

It sucks to see it from the Death Star II hangars in Galactic Assault and not be able to take part in it.

It’s so close, yet so far away. :(

A death star assault is definitely missing from this game.

I was so surprised and also disappointed not seeing it at launch.

Because it's so STAR WARS DNA, absolutely iconic, highly requested, and with many different gameplay mechanics possibilities (different existing death star version or mix of both, gameplay outside of the death star with plenty of star destroyers and cruisers, death star surface, trench run or even the way inside the death star 2 in Return of the Jedi with escape run).

In addition to this, the battlestation game mode in Star Wars Battlefront 2015's dlc was the Best star wars gaming experience ever (after VR mission) and was pretty well received. Sad it's rarely/not playable now.

I understand that the Starfighter Assault game mode itself is a direct legacy of battlestation (without the awesome multistage alternance ground/space). But really, we desperately need New Starfighter content, and death star assault would definitely be the Best for many players.

@F8RGE @Charlemagne @T0TALfps

May The Force Be With Us.
  • Saw a twitter notification pop up on Friday: "We're making some changes to Hero Star...."

My heart skipped a beat. FINALLY! Hero Star Fighters getting updated! Opened the tweet:

"...Cards this month, with all heroes now having passive health on kill."

Sigh.
  • @grimmace2
    Not surprised are you? Title of the thread on the forums is misleading as there is no card changes for troopers or pilots. Just heroes.
    SA needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Bring back death star trench run. Its really a no brainer. It was in 2015. Arguably the most iconic Starfighter moment out of all the movies and it's not in the game tsk tsk
  • My scope is negative. I don’t see anything.
    #StarWars-y
  • My scope is negative. I don’t see anything.

This has got to be the most accurate quote regarding the mode that I've seen on here ;)
  • M.S.A.M.P.

More

Starfighter

Assault

Maps

Please
  • #MSAMP
  • How about SA Unleashed?
    #StarWars-y

No. Just maaaaaaps !
  • @ChadSquadron
    Why not both?
    Born to Rebel! @F8RGE
    #StarWars-y

I'm down with this plan. Let's make this happen dev team.
  • Since it's very likely that we won't be getting new maps for Starfighter Assault, would you guys be interested if they merged Starfighter Assault, Extraction and Strike into Capital Supremacy as phases?

If so, please check out my post and comment your ideas of whether they should or should not be merged.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143370/if-we-ever-get-ot-capital-supremacy-please-make-it-different-from-pt-capital-supremacy/p1?new=1
    Since it's very likely that we won't be getting new maps for Starfighter Assault, would you guys be interested if they merged Starfighter Assault, Extraction and Strike into Capital Supremacy as phases?

If so, please check out my post and comment your ideas of whether they should or should not be merged.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143370/if-we-ever-get-ot-capital-supremacy-please-make-it-different-from-pt-capital-supremacy/p1?new=1

No. Just maaaaaaps !
  • Ben recently said there is “something for everyone” coming so hopefully we should be getting some SA or star fighter related content at some point. Otherwise the something for everyone comment is not entirely accurate.
    Definitely need some new maps so it could be some ports like DS Trench Run and Scarif Shield Gate and or doing atmospheric maps for planets like Kashyyyk, Hoth and Takodana. Maybe something completely new and not seen before.
    We’ve “seen” both the B-wing and TIE Defender as pick ups from the SWBF 15 DS DLC map but unlikely they’ll be added as playable star fighters although they are highly requested. The Delta 7 would be another nice addition as well as a hero star fighter for Obi Wan.
    For myself, SA is a vastly better mode than SWBF 15s FS. Improved flight mechanics requires more skill now than just using the D pad evade button as was done with FS. The addition of star cards is also an improvement over FS.
    Content covering all eras added requested star fighters like the Y-wing, V-wing, ARC-170, Vulture, Tri fighter, Hyena star fighters. Hero star fighters like Yoda’s Eta 2, Kylo’s TIE Silencer and Poe’s X-wing are all excellent additions to the game.
    SA is a fun and balanced mode that just requires some additional content.
    #StarWars-y
  • I really wish that this mode would get some new maps. I really wanna see The Battle of Endor.
  • ChadSquadron
    248 posts Member
    edited August 19
    I'm hyped so much for PVE and other reveals at gamescom ! I hope they'll also talk about Starfighter Assault future !
    To @F8RGE and all the team ! Thanks a lot !
    No mention of new starfighter related content in the latest roadmap. RIP. :(

I guess SA is not Star Wars-y.
    #StarWars-y
  • Really disappointed that SA doesn't seem to be part of "something for everyone." At this point I guess I would settle for just a rework of Hero SA to make the mode viable. They did it for HvV, no reason they can't change the mechanics to be TDM with Hero ship respawn.

Seems to be "our only hope" is EP IX RoS content. Fingers crossed that December is friendly for the pilots.
  • What id really like to see is a starfighter battle in a planets atmosphere with objs on the ground to shoot at.

Like for instance the resistance attack starkiller base and have to take out structures on the ground such as fuel stations and sheild generators. Maybe squadrons of grounded ties.

The other team obv has to stop you from doing it.
  • Hopes until Last development Day !

The team has to priorize, it will have taken 2 years to get answers and satisfying PVE content.
    The game future is still on a road that we define all together. (customers, fans, devs, investors, EA, DICE, Disney, Lucasfilm etc)

No informations about Starfighter Assault doesn't necessary mean there will be no future for it, or i think they should already have told us.

Space battles are Star Wars essence and i'm sure the team is aware about it. For now, they certainly just can't tell us anything.

I hope the live service will live at least through 2020, there's so much to do with this great game and the Star Wars universe.

#Death star assault with final trench run !
    #Capital ships VS from each era !
    #Starfighter Assault Maps !

@F8RGE, maybe can you say "Hello There"?

Thanks all the team and you.

May The Force Be With Us, Always...
  • Hopes until Last development Day !

The team has to priorize, it will have taken 2 years to get answers and satisfying PVE content.
    The game future is still on a road that we define all together. (customers, fans, devs, investors, EA, DICE, Disney, Lucasfilm etc)

No informations about Starfighter Assault doesn't necessary mean there will be no future for it, or i think they should already have told us.

Space battles are Star Wars essence and i'm sure the team is aware about it. For now, they certainly just can't tell us anything.

I hope the live service will live at least through 2020, there's so much to do with this great game and the Star Wars universe.

#Death star assault with final trench run !
    #Capital ships VS from each era !
    #Starfighter Assault Maps !

@F8RGE, maybe can you say "Hello There"?

Thanks all the team and you.

May The Force Be With Us, Always...

They’ve had almost two years to set aside a few days to give SFA that which they were lead to expect - and that which they paid for.

Once again, SFA players get shafted without the common courtesy of a reach around and/or any sign of respect.

“Oh ... but, *wink* there’re more updates to come *wink*wink*. Thanks for your money, though!”

... best part of the game ... left to rot ... for no better reason than devs/EA haven’t a spare rat’s a** to give.

Much appreciation for absolutely nothing.

I say again: lame.
  • So still no new Starfighter Assault maps. So much for these possibilities:

4s0v49redldb.jpeg

ccrxroghtkpj.jpeg
  • “Something for everyone.”

Can’t wait to hear how a droid pilot skin is considered SA content.

@F8RGE Please change your avatar. You’re not a rebel and you’re definitely not a pilot.
    #StarWars-y