criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• @F8RGE Please change your avatar. You’re not a rebel and you’re definitely not a pilot.

Woah, okay slow down there.

Look I’m bumbed out about no new Starfighter Assault maps too, but I don’t think he should change his avatar if he likes it.
  • I hope his avatar is an indirect support to all our pilots.

It reinforced my hopes first time i noticed it.
  • I hope his avatar is an indirect support to all our pilots.

Not gonna lie, first time I saw it I was excited. Excited that the pilots were finally getting new content. Ever since then it's just been frustration.

As has been said MANY times, just give us a straight answer. We may not like it but at least we can shove that "hope" in the bottom drawer underneath the ugly Christmas sweater and stop wasting our time.
  • Alwe15
    1030 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    I hope his avatar is an indirect support to all our pilots.

Not gonna lie, first time I saw it I was excited. Excited that the pilots were finally getting new content. Ever since then it's just been frustration.

As has been said MANY times, just give us a straight answer. We may not like it but at least we can shove that "hope" in the bottom drawer underneath the ugly Christmas sweater and stop wasting our time.

Couldn't agree more. I'd like to think that we're mature enough that if there is no new SFA content coming, we will just get on with our lives and this thread can die.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

@F8RGE this is a better time than ever to get a response
  • new maps.. note plural form of map
  • Just had a few great matches of SA. Appreciate the triple XP bonus. SA just needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • IronSoldier
    3718 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hey guys,

Can we calm down and avoid excessively tagging the dev/community team. Have discussion but there's no need to call anyone out or tag someone in a random comment or even tag them in a reply to a comment where they were tagged.

Thanks
    IronSoldier
  • Hey guys,

Can we calm down and avoid excessively tagging the dev/community team. Have discussion but there's no need to call anyone out or tag someone in a random comment or even tag them in a reply to a comment where they were tagged.

Thanks
    IronSoldier

We’re pilots, we are calm.
    I’d guess I’d ask what it requires to get some dev team communication? Should we make a Get Noticed thread to elicit a dev response instead of seeing a dev response on a thread that originated shortly after launch regarding one of the larger modes in the game?
    Maybe there is some understanding on your part about the lack of communication regarding SA? Not saying this justifies excessive tagging but a simple response from the dev team, communication, would be greatly appreciated.
    You know, something for everyone.
    #StarWars-y
  • I believe SA needs to rank up in the monthly feedback to get more attention from the devs. I know many of you are fan of star wars as a whole as I am but I believe most BF2 players are fan of Star Wars but mainly of shooting games. As the result SA is not their priority because they want more troopers, more weapons, more ground maps.

And so does EA as they try to please the maximum of players. I believe that if SA ranks up in the game statistics and in the feedback we may get more attention from the devs.

I hope we will get some SA content with the EP9 coming but I’m afraid we may just get a 4th version of the Millenium Falcon with Lando and Chewie... something interresting would be ST bombers, ST TIE interceptor to replace the Special Forces TIE Fighter we currently have as an interceptor. I really want a Corruscant battle, the trench, the shield gate from Rogue One, and why not low atmosphere battles over Naboo or Starkiller... but I’m afraid none of them will come if we don’t get better statistics for SFA.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3802 posts Member
    edited August 23
    @Finishhimvox I have to agree here. As much as I’d like to see the B-wing, Delta 7, TIE Defender and a few other star fighters added, (Q-wings anyone?) I’d be satisfied with just more maps.

When playing the DS GA map it’s great looking out from the hanger section and seeing those star fighters doing battle among the large capital ships. Would be great if something like that was added to SA.

There are a couple of GA maps that could be fun for atmospheric battles like Takodana, Kashyyyk, and Hoth, one for each era. It’s really too bad that campaign maps can’t be added as there are a few maps that would be fun for SA. Porting SWBF 15 DS and Scarif Shield Gate maps, yes please.

Other than new maps it’d be good if EA would make some small adjustments to SA like shortening the respawn timer, adding the N1 as a star fighter option to the PT maps, doing a HU like event for SA and/or doing double XP SAturdays. Fixing HvV SA so it follows the same format as HvV would also be appreciated.

Maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Trazy
    33 posts Member
    Stay on target...
    Lurve You <3
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. I'd like to think that we're mature enough that if there is no new SFA content coming, we will just get on with our lives and this thread can die.

Except ... that’s not what we were told we’d be paying for.

Common decency would be to own up and not except us to give up.

Devs literally owes us an explanation.
  • Alwe15
    1030 posts Member
    Mkiosk wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Sorry, I don't follow u.
  • Basically I used to play a lot SA on PS4, and it was really interesting with a core of good players I meet sometimes in the evening. But with the lack of content, my playing time reducing and the wish to farm the daily challenges I no longer play SA a lot anymore.

But for now, SA and Extraction are the 2 modes I enjoy the most.

GA and CS are good but can be very long. Furthermore for GA I don’t like all the maps. Ewok hunt is funny for halloween but that’s all. HvV 2v2 depends too much on your team mate and it can be long to get one. HvV 4v4 is quite fun, but really team dependent too. HvV SA is too long to get 8 players. Blast is anarchy with people spawning in your back... Stricke is quite good but once again, some teams are really frustrating to play against.
    Extraction is rarely more than 15' a game as I never played additional time for long in this game mode. It’s fast paced, and one individual can change the way the battle develops. SA is 3D, fast paced, there is no additional time so the party is not endless. The only thing about SA is when the lobby is not full, it gives a significant advantage to the attacker.
  • Trazy
    33 posts Member
    The number one change that I request for SA is to mitigate spawn campers. I'm thinking a spawn in buffer zone...

Lurve You <3
  • Spawn timer set to zero for SA please !
  • Nice to see some new pilots in the thread continuing to fight for more content. We need all the support we can get!
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Mkiosk wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Sorry, I don't follow u.

No apologies needed. My post was horribly worded.

Point: we paid for the game under the impression that new content would be delivered to all facets of the game.

Not only has Dice failed on that level, they continuously ignore any mention of SFA.

To your point: if they’re done with SFA, they need to come clean; rather than to spew forth this “something for everyone” bologna.

That way, the SFA players could just flip them the bird and move on.

Apparently, though ... devs get some sort of rank enjoyment from teasing the possibility of there may be, some day, hopefully, new content and coming across as deceitful knuckleheads in the process. I mean, why else would they behave like this?

Why else would one of them, a community manager no less *ahem* have his avatar be off a pilot’s helmet?

Heck, if true and they haven’t the intellectual capacity to generate new content, remove the objectives and give us a dogfight-only option; add Starfighter skins ... stats, legacy points ... something. Anything.

But... nah. SFA players? Paid customers? Screw ‘em.

/rant
  • Lyc4n
    1164 posts Member
    Since the overhaul to the progression system, it gives the ilusion that they have added a tone of content for different things but in reality they have only added content for one mode.

Capital supremacy.
    Why did we get 4 clone wars heroes, to have enough heroes when the game mode launched.
    Why did we get nee reinforcments, to add to the gameplay on capital supremacy.
    Why have we been getting more skins, to add to the factions of capital supremacy.
    Why have we got more maps, to give more places to play for capital supremacy.

All content has been for this game mode but has benefitted the whole game because content for this game mode results in content for all game modes except sa because there isnt any in cs.

My proposition is to start coming up with ways to introduce starfighters to cs and make them an integral part of the gamemode (the flagship mode) therefore having an incentive to add sa content to enhance the flagship mode, resulting in more content for sa.
  • Noooooo just maaaaaaps ! 😅
  • Other than the DSII GA map, is there a GA map you’d like to see for SA?
    Kashyyyk, Naboo, Geonosis, Hoth, Yavin 4, Tatooine, SKB, Crait, Jakku, Takodana.
    #StarWars-y
  • So I just got my thread closed for merely asking for a response, if that isn’t an answer in itself, then I have given up hope for more SA content
  • After Need For Speed: Heat releases in November, EA/Dice should bring Criterion back to Battlefront 2 for some new Starfighter Assault maps in 2020. It was advertised as one of the main game modes for BF2, but it's really lacking new maps.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fmLIKeIbnOo
  • Probably one of my only complaints with the game. Starfighter Assault was advertised as one of the main modes for Battlefront 2, yet the last time it has been updated was back in July 2018.

Content wise, yes it was updated one year ago.

Bug fixing wise, it was updated fairly recently.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Probably one of my only complaints with the game. Starfighter Assault was advertised as one of the main modes for Battlefront 2, yet the last time it has been updated was back in July 2018.

Content wise, yes it was updated one year ago.

Bug fixing wise, it was updated fairly recently.
    Still pretty pathetic for a primary mode, not that you disagree of course.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Probably one of my only complaints with the game. Starfighter Assault was advertised as one of the main modes for Battlefront 2, yet the last time it has been updated was back in July 2018.

SA was a big reason I got this game. The lack of new content and communication from EA/DICE is disappointing. So much potential to expand on a mode that is one of the better balanced and fun modes in the game.
    SA needs more maps.

Same here. Starfighter Assault is the main reason I bought this game.
  • The trailer revealed new X-Wing T80, B-Wing, Y-Wing... hope they’ll add them to the game
  • jonci
    1087 posts Member
    Am i missing some thing, how come i played the other night n 2 AOD clan members each had a falcon in play? can u use more than 1 at the same time, or is it the same glitch that the exploiters use in HVV for same characters at once?
  • jonci wrote: »
    Am i missing some thing, how come i played the other night n 2 AOD clan members each had a falcon in play? can u use more than 1 at the same time, or is it the same glitch that the exploiters use in HVV for same characters at once?

Should only be one Falcon in play at any given time. If you're seeing more than one, it's a glitch/hack/exploit. Are you playing on console or PC? I've never seen anything like this on console.
  • I’ve already seen many falcon in action at the same time, but each different versions.

However I’ve already seen a full Kylo et a full Anakin lobby in HvV a few months ago. It seems it was solved.
    So still no new Starfighter Assault maps. So much for these possibilities:

4s0v49redldb.jpeg

ccrxroghtkpj.jpeg
    Very nice wishlist I gotta say! Great work on that killerzf7! 👍🏻

However, problem with the V-19 Torrent is that I don’t see it as a potential enforcer-class ship--authentically speaking, it is very expendable, and not very heavily-armed and well-armored ship comparing to TIE Defender, B-Wing and even the Rogue-class. Not to mention as time went by during the clone wars the aging V-19 Torrents were being more or less replaced by the more advanced V-Wings and the ARC-180s as the main starfighters for the Republic (the V-19 Torrents was also considered a predecessor of the V-wings in terms of purpose and usage). Sure, the game can’t be perfectly authentic in every aspect, but I don’t want to see something like how Pandemic’s original BF2 treat the V-wings as bombers rather than true interceptors as the ship’s design was for (though that may be because the design for the Republic’s version of Y-wing didn’t existed by the time they made the game). 🤔

As for the Hero’s ships for sequel era, you forgot to mention about Vonreg’s TIE/ba Interceptor and Kazuda’s Fireball (or perhaps even any other character’s ships from Resistance). FFG recently announced that they will add these two mentioned ships to their X-Wing Second Edition as part of wave 6, and I bet Dice could do the same to their BF2 as Hero’s ships. 😉

tumblr_pvwfigMbvp1rjabiuo1_400.png

star_wars_resistance___kazuda_s_ship__fireball__by_adamkop_dcmx2z3-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2FiOTQwZGJmLTZiMWMtNDNkNS05ZTQ5LWFhODczNjM0MGIyZFwvZGNteDJ6My1lMWY3YmZmNy00OWU0LTQ4ZjYtYTMzNi1kOGNkODQ2YmQxMGQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTI2MDAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.gjxz0ogD83arZe4UcRuT-FrPPuZJ46ICw1TSyjIK_-I
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • SA and Extraction are probably the best and most fun modes in this game but unfortunately it seems the dev team are far more interested in catering to Hero players and everything Hero related. :(
  • I’d love extraction to be extended to PT and ST. It’s the funniest mode but playing always the same character and 2 maps is annoying
  • Trench run.
    #StarWars-y
  • Trench run.

No idea why this isn't in the game. Of all the potential maps that should be added to SA, this is at the top of the list.
  • You're far too trusting. [Star Fighter Assault] is too remote to make an effective demonstration. But don't worry, we will deal with [You Pilots] soon enough.
  • Trench run.

I personally want the Reactor Run for the Death Star II.

But I would be fine with the Trench Run from BF2015.
    Trench run.

I personally want the Reactor Run for the Death Star II.

But I would be fine with the Trench Run from BF2015.

I’d go full coaxium for a a DS II Reactor Run.
    #StarWars-y
  • Great mode that only needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • killerzf7
    285 posts Member
    edited August 29
    August Community Survey just released.

I don’t care what the June Community Survey says, I really hope that this is a possibility for 2020.

efoaugcwmodg.jpeg
    Post edited by killerzf7 on
  • I put my $ 0.02 in for more maps for SA and Extraction. Let's get our cause noticed and moved to the front o:)