criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Starfighter Assault Thread

13334363839

Replies

  • Relmets wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Naboo atmospheric SFA map

    Welcome back.

    Thank you kindly. We'll see what sort of harmless pun they nail me for next time. It'll be 6 months or perma at that point.

    Was it 3 months?

    Your Trooper topic has been gaining in your absence 👍🏼
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Naboo atmospheric SFA map

    Welcome back.

    Thank you kindly. We'll see what sort of harmless pun they nail me for next time. It'll be 6 months or perma at that point.

    Was it 3 months?

    Your Trooper topic has been gaining in your absence 👍🏼

    3 whole frickin months for a punny joke

    let's hope that thread and this one and the extraction one finally amount to something significant
    78ezryxs3n3v.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Question:

    Is there a way of knowing how many different people have commented/viewed/interacted on a particular thread?
  • I said it once and i‘ll say it again: customization for fighters would be lit. A boarding mode would also be intense. Now that we have the hangars as ‚maps‘ imagine a slightly smaller version of those placed in the venator and dreadnought where you can actually land it. the goal to defeat the enemy core ship. One could do so by bombarding it from the outside as well as landing inside of it and fighting in and around the hangars. Make it 20v20 with ai and boom, space guys get what they want and infantry people can also do something similar to cs
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Naboo atmospheric SFA map

    Welcome back.

    Thank you kindly. We'll see what sort of harmless pun they nail me for next time. It'll be 6 months or perma at that point.

    Was it 3 months?

    Your Trooper topic has been gaining in your absence 👍🏼

    3 whole frickin months for a punny joke

    let's hope that thread and this one and the extraction one finally amount to something significant
    78ezryxs3n3v.gif

    🤞🏼
  • Question:

    Is there a way of knowing how many different people have commented/viewed/interacted on a particular thread?

    Yes mate. Main page where you have the list of threads. Should show views and comments accurate until it gets to 1K ☺
  • Is the count for views accounting for all view or just viewers? As it’s not the same... i may have viewed this topic more than 100x
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Question:

    Is there a way of knowing how many different people have commented/viewed/interacted on a particular thread?

    Yes mate. Main page where you have the list of threads. Should show views and comments accurate until it gets to 1K ☺

    Yes I saw that but it doesn't say how many different people have viewed or commented. For example ... some threads get 5 pages long based on 3 guys just arguing. That thread would not be an important subject because only 3 people were interested but it would look important because of the amount of views and interactions.. see what I mean?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Question:

    Is there a way of knowing how many different people have commented/viewed/interacted on a particular thread?

    Yes mate. Main page where you have the list of threads. Should show views and comments accurate until it gets to 1K ☺

    Yes I saw that but it doesn't say how many different people have viewed or commented. For example ... some threads get 5 pages long based on 3 guys just arguing. That thread would not be an important subject because only 3 people were interested but it would look important because of the amount of views and interactions.. see what I mean?

    I do indeed. I omitted to read the word "different". Apologies.
  • hilapff wrote: »
    Is the count for views accounting for all view or just viewers? As it’s not the same... i may have viewed this topic more than 100x

    Views are per time the thread is looked at. Regardless of repeat visits.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Question:

    Is there a way of knowing how many different people have commented/viewed/interacted on a particular thread?

    Yes mate. Main page where you have the list of threads. Should show views and comments accurate until it gets to 1K ☺

    Yes I saw that but it doesn't say how many different people have viewed or commented. For example ... some threads get 5 pages long based on 3 guys just arguing. That thread would not be an important subject because only 3 people were interested but it would look important because of the amount of views and interactions.. see what I mean?

    I do indeed. I omitted to read the word "different". Apologies.

    No worries I appreciate the response. I think it might be a useful addition though.
  • I've sent my mail to Santa !
    I asked him 3 New Maps for Starfighter Assault in 2020 !

    #Death star assault with final trench run !

    I hope i'll get answers this Christmas !

    May The Force Be With You, Always !
  • I've sent my mail to Santa !
    I asked him 3 New Maps for Starfighter Assault in 2020 !

    #Death star assault with final trench run !

    I hope i'll get answers this Christmas !

    May The Force Be With You, Always !

    Glad to see you’ve joined the M.S.A.M.P. for 2020 movement. :)
  • My assumption is we'll get no more new maps. I hope I'm wrong. But if we only got one new map, it needs to be the Trench Run.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    We need new maps, modes and starfighters.

    Another atmospheric setting for SFA I'd like to see added. Sullust at sunset.
    5qsj2ez91q27.jpg

    SWBF I had the trench run in the DS DLC so lets add add a SFA battle in and around the DS 2.
    z30pxjiu0xow.png

    New modes that would involve the U-wing without the rails.
    k3o3jm81b05e.png

    Including the TIE Reaper and TIE Striker, also without rails.
    4qagvp7lioo0.jpg

    I'd like to see the TIE Hunter added.
    906e638mn78p.jpg

    The Delta 7.
    7xy4cy69k9sb.jpg

    The Z-95 Headhunter.
    irsnahr0u921.png

    Making my Criterion wish list.


    Don't forget about the new first order tie dagger, from the rise of skywalker.

    It can’t be a SW movie without some good star fighter combat. Seeing the mix of X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings and yes, B-wings in the trailer was great.

    As far as SA is concerned I’m not getting my hopes up any longer that any star fighter content, maps or star fighters, from episode 9, or any other episode, will appear in this game. DICE has apparently moved on from SA and shows absolutely no interest in communicating with those of us who enjoy star fighters and star fighter combat unless we’re warned about “excessive tagging “ of the dev team.

    The lack of new content for SA and star fighters is another reason I’ve stopped playing this game. Unfortunate but it is what it is.
    #StarWars-y
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    My assumption is we'll get no more new maps. I hope I'm wrong. But if we only got one new map, it needs to be the Trench Run.

    While the Trench Run was pretty cool, why does no one mention the Death Star II’s Reactor Run?

    Think of just how cool it would be.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/bj0s6h/now_lock_on_to_the_strongest_power_source_it/
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    We need new maps, modes and starfighters.

    Another atmospheric setting for SFA I'd like to see added. Sullust at sunset.
    5qsj2ez91q27.jpg

    SWBF I had the trench run in the DS DLC so lets add add a SFA battle in and around the DS 2.
    z30pxjiu0xow.png

    New modes that would involve the U-wing without the rails.
    k3o3jm81b05e.png

    Including the TIE Reaper and TIE Striker, also without rails.
    4qagvp7lioo0.jpg

    I'd like to see the TIE Hunter added.
    906e638mn78p.jpg

    The Delta 7.
    7xy4cy69k9sb.jpg

    The Z-95 Headhunter.
    irsnahr0u921.png

    Making my Criterion wish list.


    Don't forget about the new first order tie dagger, from the rise of skywalker.

    It can’t be a SW movie without some good star fighter combat. Seeing the mix of X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings and yes, B-wings in the trailer was great.

    As far as SA is concerned I’m not getting my hopes up any longer that any star fighter content, maps or star fighters, from episode 9, or any other episode, will appear in this game. DICE has apparently moved on from SA and shows absolutely no interest in communicating with those of us who enjoy star fighters and star fighter combat unless we’re warned about “excessive tagging “ of the dev team.

    The lack of new content for SA and star fighters is another reason I’ve stopped playing this game. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

    Sorry to lose you in our fight @Jett_Fett_91166 😔
  • Was actually having trouble finding lobbies today. On ps4. :(
  • Yeeeeehaaa ! Let's blow up this thread !
  • Yeeeeehaaa ! Let's blow up this thread !

    Ka boom!
    #StarWars-y
  • Bump.
  • Starfighters matter !

    Let 2020 be our year !

    I feel like 2020 should have a slight focus on smaller modes.

    Not just Starfighter Assault, but also Extraction, Strike, and Blast.
  • OP got banned for what?
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Starfighters matter !

    Let 2020 be our year !

    I feel like 2020 should have a slight focus on smaller modes.

    Not just Starfighter Assault, but also Extraction, Strike, and Blast.

    Is SA really a smaller mode though? I know it doesn't get played as much as GA/CS or HvV right now, but I always viewed it as one of the "flagship" modes. It's not like people are saying, "Hey, CS is so good it should have its own standalone game." I hear that sentiment about SA all the time though. Extremely frustrating that SA has been ignored for so long. If SA is referred to as a "smaller mode" because it has been abandoned by the dev team just like Strike and Extraction, then I wholeheartedly agree.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    Starfighters matter !

    Let 2020 be our year !

    I feel like 2020 should have a slight focus on smaller modes.

    Not just Starfighter Assault, but also Extraction, Strike, and Blast.

    Is SA really a smaller mode though? I know it doesn't get played as much as GA/CS or HvV right now, but I always viewed it as one of the "flagship" modes. It's not like people are saying, "Hey, CS is so good it should have its own standalone game." I hear that sentiment about SA all the time though. Extremely frustrating that SA has been ignored for so long. If SA is referred to as a "smaller mode" because it has been abandoned by the dev team just like Strike and Extraction, then I wholeheartedly agree.

    Like you mentioned in your response, compared to GA, CS and HvV, it is a “small mode.”

    But hopefully together, we can change that.
    Starfighters matter !

    Let 2020 be our year !

    #M.S.A.M.P. for 2020
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    So for those of you who enjoy Starfighter Assault, do you feel it needs any changes?

    I personally have a couple of gripes, but I find this game mode to be fairly well balanced, especially when comparing it to Galactic Assault. As I said, I do have a couple of gripes and I think I'll start by mentioning the "looping" that goes on. It can be endless at times and it's often whoever breaks off first, dies first. I have a suggestion to fix this somewhat, but I'll talk about that at the end.

    Hero ships - I find myself getting hounded as soon as I pick a hero ship. Especially an easily recognisable one such as the Millennium Falcon or Darth Maul's Scimitar. I find my best chance for survival as a hero is to pick one that isn't easily recognisable, such as Iden's TIE fighter or Luke Skywalkers/Poe Damerons X-Wing. Again, I will go through my suggestion at the end.

    There is a lack of maps - I think there are only 5 Starfighter Assault maps? I understand that there must be some variation with the objectives, it must also be difficult to keep coming up with unique objectives but Galactic Assault has a few similar objectives on different maps(Naboo/Hoth for example). Perhaps create Starfighter Assault maps for each Galactic Assault map available and add a new game mode which incorporates both modes(This was on the original Battlefront 2 so maybe copyright issues?)

    More ship classes - Possible enforcer class ships which require 1000battle points instead of 2k/3k like the heroes? You know, similar to enforcer units in Galactic Assault like the Wookie/Death trooper. You could always use the N-1 Starfighter from Naboo as the rebel enforcer class for example(I've no intention of discussing whether that would be canon or not, nor do I care). Maybe even use "recovered" ships from previous era's or even a variation of the LAAT.

    This next suggestion is the one I said I'd talk about at the end, it will probably divide a lot of you, but I feel would resolve a lot of gameplay issue's. I personally wouldn't be against removing as much of the HUD as possible for Starfighter Assault. Things like the revenge markers, missile lock-on against you(just use the beeping sound), and the one what will probably get enormous no votes - remove the circle that shows you where to aim. I'm doing corkscrews, backflips, 90 degree turns and people are tracking those movements like an aimbot, I am doing the same to others too, it's way too easy to aim(in my opinion of course!)

    I would like to go on record and state that Starfighter Assault is probably my favourite game mode. I also feel it's the one mode that needs the least amount of work done to it, it feels more polished and refined. Would like it added to Arcade too! ^_^
    [Removed megathread tag]

    I have done similar threads regarding speed and reinforcements for SA

    Regarding Reinforcements

    Starfighters speed impact on gameplay
  • 6g391p543qpt.jpeg

    Guess there’s no chance this year, but there’s still hope for next year!

    #M.S.A.M.P. for 2020.
  • ChadSquadron
    285 posts Member
    edited September 26
    Still hopes for this year !

    #Star Wars Ep IX Rise of Skywalker content !
  • I’m with one of the biggest star fighter assault community on this game ... yes more maps , more ships ... the in game changes you suggest would completely ruin an already almost deserted game mode , .. yes there are people getting massive kill counts , myself included, but to make it harder on new players or players without a lot of flight skills is NOT the answer .... if you made private lobby most players like myself would be doing that and not destroying any new players..... imagine the impact of your suggested changes to ground troops, it has the same problems, skilled players with massive kill counts , would you take there hud away as well ... no .. you would not
  • Still hopes for this year !

    #Star Wars Ep IX Rise of Skywalker content !

    Will it be an atmospheric or in space battle? Both?

    Would be nice to see SA get some new content. SA has a nice variety of star fighters and flight mechanics are a definite improvement over FS but 6 maps are not enough.
    Maps, ships, hero ships, skins. Mostly maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Still hopes for this year !

    #Star Wars Ep IX Rise of Skywalker content !

    While there is still a small hope for this year, I say we start building up hope for next year as well.

    #M.S.A.M.P. for 2020!
  • Z2vM7OX.gif
    - - - - -
    [+3748 posts]
  • SA needs an announcement soon!!! Im losing hope!
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Z2vM7OX.gif
    - - - - -

    Whoa! What is that from relmets? The animation is legit
  • Relmets wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Z2vM7OX.gif
    - - - - -

    Whoa! What is that from relmets? The animation is legit

    Have you not seen this before? If you're watching it for the first time I'm jelly, you're in for a treat

    Woah. Wow talented artist btw I wished Disney and lucasfilm took this route instead of cgi would've been cool to see peoples reaction to a Japanese animated star wars film that is three hours long as would a normal cgi star wars film take to watch.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Z2vM7OX.gif
    - - - - -

    Whoa! What is that from relmets? The animation is legit

    Have you not seen this before? If you're watching it for the first time I'm jelly, you're in for a treat

    Woah. Wow talented artist btw I wished Disney and lucasfilm took this route instead of cgi would've been cool to see peoples reaction to a Japanese animated star wars film that is three hours long as would a normal cgi star wars film take to watch.

    CGI has a bigger appeal to wider audience than traditional hand drawn animation unfortunately. Although in my opinion a mix of both CGI and hand animation would be much better if done right.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Z2vM7OX.gif
    - - - - -

    Whoa! What is that from relmets? The animation is legit

    Have you not seen this before? If you're watching it for the first time I'm jelly, you're in for a treat

    Nice.
    #StarWars-y
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    My assumption is we'll get no more new maps. I hope I'm wrong. But if we only got one new map, it needs to be the Trench Run.

    I would rather have DS 2 battle of Endor and in final phase you would have to fly into the superstructure in order to destroy DS.
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    Chem0 wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    My assumption is we'll get no more new maps. I hope I'm wrong. But if we only got one new map, it needs to be the Trench Run.

    I would rather have DS 2 battle of Endor and in final phase you would have to fly into the superstructure in order to destroy DS.

    Irrespective of era, Coruscant is a must. It's the largest space battle in Star Wars...
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Chem0 wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    My assumption is we'll get no more new maps. I hope I'm wrong. But if we only got one new map, it needs to be the Trench Run.

    I would rather have DS 2 battle of Endor and in final phase you would have to fly into the superstructure in order to destroy DS.

    Irrespective of era, Coruscant is a must. It's the largest space battle in Star Wars...

    If we’re talking about large-scale space battles, I would really love to see:

    •Coruscant (PT or OT).
    •Endor
    •Jakku

    They really did a great job with the Battle of Jakku in BF2015 and in this game’s campaign.
  • I added my sentiment for more SA content as well. Fingers crossed.
  • Phyrebrat
    831 posts Member
    edited September 27
    Hi. I agree. I put that as my things to be improved upon (more maps).

    I do wonder if you might get more traction with your hashtag if you removed the full stops and just has the letters. I think it might be easier on smartphones etc.

    Fingers crossed !
  • Another huge thread completely ignored, like the extraction one. But keep the focus on CS devs!
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Have you not seen this before? If you're watching it for the first time I'm jelly, you're in for a treat

    I just watched it for the first time too. Really awesome for several reasons. First, that is probably typical of 98% of all engagements between the imperial navy and the rebel alliance. The only battles the rebels won they made movies about. The missile barrage from the bomber was almost exactly like me when I pilot a bomber on the Battle of Endor map (the multiple kills not so much but the missiles chasing the X-Wing forever was very accurate :D)

    Any more like this?
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Hi. I agree. I put that as my things to be improved upon (more maps).

    I do wonder if you might get more traction with your hashtag if you removed the full stops and just has the letters. I think it might be easier on smartphones etc.

    Fingers crossed !

    I actually wrote the hashtags on my smartphone. :P
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!