criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• grimmace2 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    @EA_Tom, @EA_Rtas & @F8RGE
    Please can SFA players get an event on a future CC?

Hero players have Heroes Unleashed which has run a few times now. Trooper players have their 2nd BotG event this weekend.

Please can we, the pilots, have an event??

How about a re-spawn as a hero ship event in Hero Star Fighter.

Love this idea. Give people an idea for what the mode would be like with ONLY Hero Ships. Maybe that would give the dev team some data and metrics to convert it to a TRUE Hero Starfighters TDM mode.

These.
    #StarWars-y
  • Alwe15
    1474 posts Member
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/147011/co-op-for-starfighter-assault#latest

Guys, please comment your thoughts on this topic above. Thank you!
  • Porkins.
    #StarWars-y
  • Need a SA event to unlock Luke’s rebel pilot skin.

SA HU event would also be welcomed with triple xp.

That would be awesome.

Would love to see a screen full of hero ships duking it out.
  • SA HU would just add 2 heroes to the current SA but it may be cool!

I like it
  • I really hope there’s a chance for new Starfighter Assault maps next year.

I absolutely want The Battle of Endor.

wbttybvle84y.jpeg
  • This is a non issue. Luke’s new skin being incredibly inaccurate will take priority over this.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • This is a non issue. Luke’s new skin being incredibly inaccurate will take priority over this.

please no
  • How does a thread get thousands of comments yet no dev attention?

It may be because ground combat is their speciality.

I really wish they would bring back Criterion.

smaller dev team as originally expected, after 2 years still issues with hero gameplay / behavior / balancing - Ground Combat is their speciality, since new stuff was added for ground, new bugs are appearing there (so more bugs on ground than in air, so focus on bug fixes for ground combat) and the list goes on and on

However, SFA has had huge potential, especially for customization options / expansion with a new mode and and and
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I really hope there’s a chance for new Starfighter Assault maps next year.

wbttybvle84y.jpeg

Just imagine attack of the Executor then assault on Death Star 2 (from surface to an inside final)... In a Word...

Epic.

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • I have a neighbor who used to work for LucasArts at their height and still knows a lot of folks at EA, and other studios of course. We were playing BF2 this weekend (mostly Mario Kart 64 though) and he had it on good authority that BF2 starfighters is "totally fridged" and beyond mid/late 2020 there's not much on the roadmap for the game at all. EA seems to be moving on to something else. He heard there MIGHT be a space combat game on the horizon though, but something totally different than what we expect. Cryptic, but that's all he knew. Maybe something more RTS? I miss Star Wars Galaxies.
  • AccurateThings
    711 posts Member
    edited October 7
    The current Endor SA map is the worst, nothing at all resembles the battle of Endor and adding destroyed pieces of the Death Star is boring.
    Post edited by AccurateThings on
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Hey everybody! Just here for my monthly mention of where are the B wings?

Seconded.
  • I have a neighbor who used to work for LucasArts at their height and still knows a lot of folks at EA, and other studios of course. We were playing BF2 this weekend (mostly Mario Kart 64 though) and he had it on good authority that BF2 starfighters is "totally fridged" and beyond mid/late 2020 there's not much on the roadmap for the game at all. EA seems to be moving on to something else. He heard there MIGHT be a space combat game on the horizon though, but something totally different than what we expect. Cryptic, but that's all he knew. Maybe something more RTS? I miss Star Wars Galaxies.

Hopes we need. Not clear the future is.

wbttybvle84y.jpeg

Just imagine attack of the Executor then assault on Death Star 2 (from surface to an inside final)... In a Word...

Epic.

It may not be BF2, but here you go.

• ChadSquadron
    318 posts Member
    edited October 8
    killerzf7 wrote: »

wbttybvle84y.jpeg

Epic.

Don't worry, i still have my gamecube and enjoy those Rogue squadron games ! 😅 Would love a remaster based on Star Wars battlefront 2 gameplay and graphics...
  • Why do we have YODA & Darth Maul in starfighter assault and not Anakin ... ( the best starfighter in the galaxy ) Skywalker ?
  • @killerzf7 just because i'm curious, have you tried Star Wars battlefront 2015 VR mission ?
  • @killerzf7 just because i'm curious, have you tried Star Wars battlefront 2015 VR mission ?

No, but I’ve seen the gameplay of it.

It looks pretty awesome.

I have it. I cannot overstate how amazing it is. It's my all time favourite experience in any SW game. A real dream come true and was the sole reason I forked out nearly three hundred quid for VR.
    @killerzf7 just because i'm curious, have you tried Star Wars battlefront 2015 VR mission ?

No, but I’ve seen the gameplay of it.

It looks pretty awesome.

The Best star wars gaming experience ever. You have to try it ! I hope you don't remember it well. It's better when you get surprised. Flight controls aren't as good as battlefront 2 ones, but it's a taste of What we should ask and expect for the near future ! Absolutely astonishing and immersive. Without HUD... Perfect !

I'm dreaming of a full VR Star Wars game based on starfighters and pilots. All the saga/movies space battles, playable solo, coop, or VS as PVE experience and also playable in multiplayer Pvp. So much potential...

I hope rumors are wrong and some content will come concerning battlefront 2 and Starfighter Assault but...

If dark times comes...

I hope our Dreams are heard and will share their lights...

wbttybvle84y.jpeg

Epic.

Don't worry, i still have my gamecube and enjoy those Rogue squadron games ! 😅 Would love a remaster based on Star Wars battlefront 2 gameplay and graphics...

I've said the exact same thing! They're still my favorite Star Wars Games as well.

wbttybvle84y.jpeg

Epic.

A proper sense of velocity, proton torpedoes that can hit a fighter sometimes, a player ship that doesn't crumple like a soda can, RADAR?! You expect the moon, sir.
  • The matchmaking is horrid for SA. Was just in a 12v12 lobby, round ended, no "Continue" and I did not select "Matchmake" since "sometimes" the game will put you in the same lobby. Nope!! Instead, I was automatically matchmake into a EMPTY lobby. HOW??? WHY??? Is this game that broke where I cannot stay in the SAME lobby I was just playing with 24 players, instead "matchmake" me into a empty lobby?

This game is breaking apart. I understand Matchmake is "good" for balance but not when players want to stay in the SAME lobby they were just playing. How hard is it for these MIT computer science/graphics/programmer developers to just allow continuation? If ppl want to exit the lobby, there's Quit. If ppl want to stay in the lobby, there's Continue, if ppl want to Matchmake and shuffle around, then enable Matchmake. It should not be either Continue or Matchmake option present when the round ends.

Continue > Matchmake > Quit should ALWAYS be options. Is this too difficult for DICE to understand?? Sick and tired leaving full lobbies only to be automatically matchmake into a empty lobby.
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • BRISKET wrote: »
    The matchmaking is horrid for SA. Was just in a 12v12 lobby, round ended, no "Continue" and I did not select "Matchmake" since "sometimes" the game will put you in the same lobby. Nope!! Instead, I was automatically matchmake into a EMPTY lobby. HOW??? WHY??? Is this game that broke where I cannot stay in the SAME lobby I was just playing with 24 players, instead "matchmake" me into a empty lobby?

This game is breaking apart. I understand Matchmake is "good" for balance but not when players want to stay in the SAME lobby they were just playing. How hard is it for these MIT computer science/graphics/programmer developers to just allow continuation? If ppl want to exit the lobby, there's Quit. If ppl want to stay in the lobby, there's Continue, if ppl want to Matchmake and shuffle around, then enable Matchmake. It should not be either Continue or Matchmake option present when the round ends.

Continue > Matchmake > Quit should ALWAYS be options. Is this too difficult for DICE to understand?? Sick and tired leaving full lobbies only to be automatically matchmake into a empty lobby.

I lay awake at night and wonder if I'm the only one who gets put into an empty lobby after a match or do all 24 players end up in their own empty lobby as well. I then wonder if this is by design in order to demoralize the few players remaining who still play SA. They want us to quit playing SA and to also quit asking for new maps and or content. Hopefully this is just a bad reoccurring dream.
  • E_ABZU
    479 posts Member
    And here I was the other day being told that SA was fixed. Yep, same old issues.
  • Maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Hey guys, I'm starting a poll so please help me out here.

Since DICE wanna focus on large-scale battles, would anyone like it if DICE added new Starfighter Assault maps featuring large-scale battles in 2020?

We could get The Battle of Coruscant, Endor, Jakku, etc.

Please vote in the poll below:

https://strawpoll.com/6spb1667

Also, if you could visit the Reddit post that I made and give it an upvote for visibility, that would be very much appreciated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dglh1b/poll_since_dice_wants_to_focus_on_largescale/
  • Am I the only one who can’t find a full server? Been trying for 20 mins and I just keep finding servers needing 2-4 players still
    Hey guys, I'm starting a poll so please help me out here.

Since DICE wanna focus on large-scale battles, would anyone like it if DICE added new Starfighter Assault maps featuring large-scale battles in 2020?

We could get The Battle of Coruscant, Endor, Jakku, etc.

Please vote in the poll below:

https://strawpoll.com/6spb1667

Also, if you could visit the Reddit post that I made and give it an upvote for visibility, that would be very much appreciated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dglh1b/poll_since_dice_wants_to_focus_on_largescale/

Voted.

Need more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Please DICE, give both Extraction and Starfighter Assault some attention in 2020.
  • Where are you criterion? You're breaking our hearts..

Because Devs are too busy screwing around with clone wars sex toys and furry butthole hunt to focus on the best mode in the game... Oh, and because surveys tell them NOBODY plays SFA... Not a single soul. Weepsk.
  • More maps please!

Still holding out hope for 2020. :(
  • What I've noticed lately is that fewer people are playing so the teams are a often at the minimum required to start. The result of smaller teams seems to be it's increasingly difficult to win if you're defending, simply because the AI is so terrible at shooting down enemy ships. There are just too many for four live players to deal with in the time given. It seems like the AI spawn count should be relative to the number of live players. Honestly, trying to fend off 250 droid fighters blasting the Venator is almost impossible, even for a Jedi. Plus there's always that one gold player who seems to spawn into Kylo Ren's ship immediately and racks up 80 kills and 120 assists. THAT guy. Ugh.