criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• What I've noticed lately is that fewer people are playing so the teams are a often at the minimum required to start. The result of smaller teams seems to be it's increasingly difficult to win if you're defending, simply because the AI is so terrible at shooting down enemy ships. There are just too many for four live players to deal with in the time given. It seems like the AI spawn count should be relative to the number of live players. Honestly, trying to fend off 250 droid fighters blasting the Venator is almost impossible, even for a Jedi. Plus there's always that one gold player who seems to spawn into Kylo Ren's ship immediately and racks up 80 kills and 120 assists. THAT guy. Ugh.

I've notices that too, when the lobby are not full, its easier for the attacking team... and a good player makes many kills because of AI spam. AI are most of the times quite easy to shoot down. But in some occasions they are suddently dogfighting the proper way and more difficult to kill.
  • Maybe a SA event to unlock a Luke’s rebel pilot skin?

Any day now.

Now there's a skin I would grind all week for. So iconic. Sigh..

Any day now.

Cool idea actually. But what I really would like to see is starfighter and tank customization. Simple as that

Any day now.

Cool idea actually. But what I really would like to see is starfighter and tank customization. Simple as that

I totally thought this would be in at launch. Different squadrons and colors for the ships. So awesome
  • There are quite a few posts in this thread that are hoping for reinforcements and more classes in the game. I can't remember if I replied or not a long time ago, but I figured Id share some thoughts.

Continuing from a post I made in the new hero event thread (I guess because they have similar themes maybe) I think heroes, reinforcements etc have a place in Battlefront 2. I guess I often disagree with people about the form that should take, because I think being minimal with them might be better for game balance, but eh.

I love Starfighter Assault. I have since the beta. I love the feeling of fighting in TIE fighters and X-Wings. One of the reasons why I love it so much is the balance. Things just seem better than the other modes. While the game provides opportunities to play as heroes and the characters we all love in SA, their effect seems less. Yes, they can out-damage, outlast and most of them can out-turn the standard ship classes, but there feels to be less of them and because of the gameplay, you do stand a chance against them in a standard fighter... unlike in the trooper modes.

I think if reinforcements were a thing in SA, things would become more like GA and CS, and I dont think I want that. I don't think more enemies that can completely out-class you are a good thing, and it would make me enjoy the game mode less. My favorite moments in SA aren't the times I was playing as a hero, but the times Ive been using a standard fighter but have still done some good things (at least, good by my standard). The ones that make me feel like Im playing a space battle from the movies.

Im 100% supportive of more classes in SA, but ones that are balanced well with the current classes and dont exist as reinforcements or heroes :)

Changing topics slightly... after not playing Battlefront 2 for a while, Ive been playing some SA and it feels a lot easier to win as the attackers than I remember, even with a full team. Have there been any balance changes? It feels like objectives can be down to 60-70% health within a few seconds... Maybe it's my imagination idk
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Maaaaaaps. Please.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    One of the reasons why I love it so much is the balance.

This is why I feel it's the best mode in the game. It's still fast-paced action, you can play the Objective or kill the enemy, you can still get your Heroes, but the Heroes aren't over-powered and everyone has a fighting chance.
    It's also why I'd prefer if Criterion had a hand in any changes to the game mode. They seem to do a better job of balancing than DICE.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • More maps please!
  • Anyone else enjoying HU for SA?

Yeah, never mind.
    #StarWars-y
  • It's funny how two years latter I finally understand the purpose of some star cards... Elite pilot is quite a good star card to use to survive dogfight... Usefull to keep your hero ship alive. Unfortunately it makes only one Millenium falcon usefull, and that's Lando's one.
  • I play Starfighter Assult a lot, and persdoanlly I like Starfighter the way it is. Changes I would incorporate into the game mode are mostly a reflection of the space battels from the old SWBF II by pandemic. 1 More maps (that ones obvious). 2 Add bombers to the First Order era maps (Nobody cares what ryan jhonson says about it, use the damn Y-wings). 3 Slave-1would have a gun turret to cover their rear. When Slave-1 is on the field players on the same side will be able to spend points to operate the said turett either with a point time system like the LAAT in GA or the player uses the turret untill mthe Slave-1 dies. 4 All 3 falcons will have 2 turrets with 360 degrees of rotation covering fore, aft, port, and starbored flanks, 1 turret on the top and 1 on the bottom, neither turret will be able to shoot into the nothers field of view and both turrets are opperated by 1 player in the same mannor as the slave 1 turret i mentioned before.
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • Feast your eyes for the B-Wing and Delta-7 during gameplay in BF2 (which are actually modded "skins" for Y-Wing and Yoda's Actis-class respectively). 😉

Excellent and ty for sharing.

Np! I've also recently included the TIE Defender mod video as well to be along with the other two when editing my last post. 🙂
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Feast your eyes for the B-Wing and Delta-7 during gameplay in BF2 (which are actually modded "skins" for Y-Wing and Yoda's Actis-class respectively). 😉

Excellent and ty for sharing.

Np! I've also recently included the TIE Defender mod video as well to be along with the other two when editing my last post. 🙂

Awesome. Wonder what the devs think about these mods? Ahh, unfortunately we’ll never know. Such potential for one of the best working, balanced and fun modes in this game only for it to be ignored. DICE is using assets to revamp EH though.
    #StarWars-y
  • I play Starfighter Assult a lot, and persdoanlly I like Starfighter the way it is. Changes I would incorporate into the game mode are mostly a reflection of the space battels from the old SWBF II by pandemic. 1 More maps (that ones obvious). 2 Add bombers to the First Order era maps (Nobody cares what ryan jhonson says about it, use the damn Y-wings). 3 Slave-1would have a gun turret to cover their rear. When Slave-1 is on the field players on the same side will be able to spend points to operate the said turett either with a point time system like the LAAT in GA or the player uses the turret untill mthe Slave-1 dies. 4 All 3 falcons will have 2 turrets with 360 degrees of rotation covering fore, aft, port, and starbored flanks, 1 turret on the top and 1 on the bottom, neither turret will be able to shoot into the nothers field of view and both turrets are opperated by 1 player in the same mannor as the slave 1 turret i mentioned before.

Because of lag, adding a gunman on a vehicle with a real pilot would be a mess. Unfortunately...
  • 1. Make HeroStarfighter like HvV!
    2. Use maps from the campain for SA!
    3. Make new maps for SA!
    4. Please Devs! Say something! You add a new map to Ewok hunt! A mode no one is playing! So many people enjoy flying and you give no answer! If you say "Sorry guys, nothing in the near future!" or something like that it would be welcome! Better would be" Ok, let´s wait a little bit and we will see!" Any word would be great! Please.... just one word? :(

• HokTorben wrote: »
    I personally think we need more maps.

More space battles that are from canon or legends.

Legends you say?

I want The Battle of Kamino then (OT).

• It makes a while that I haven't read this thread and I'm not going to read the 39 pages to catch up ... sorry if I repeat something :)
    I'd also like more content for SFA but maybe Dice and us should take time to figure out why most players aren't playing this mode. I'm one of the players who like SFA but don't play it. Here are my reasons:
    - it's a completely different game than ground FPS. It's difficult to be good if you don't play regularly.
    - it's never/rarely on the homepage
    - You need pride if you're a rookie. I forced myself to play and upgrade my ships because fights were so unfair. The global game is balanced, but starcards are so important in duels.
    - When I played regularly, it was easy to enjoy. I made a big pause. Now everytime I come back, I spend my time exploding. If the enemy is level>30 and if I hear the damage alarm, there's no time to escape, I'm dead. I like challenging games and it's ok to be an easy target for trained people ... but it's not funny at all to play 15s: spawn > going to the battlezone > get killed with no pursuit > start over. It's very frustrating. I'm a PC player and the game seems to be a bit more agressive than on console - I've built this opinion on videos, sorry if I'm wrong. I suppose aiming the small circle is a bit easier with a mouse.

I also suppose that many people in this thread love this mode as it is, but I'd like to enjoy the game while recovering my skills. For that I would like:
    - More solid ships - Even if I die quickly, it's funny to play the rabbit more than 1 second.
    - I'm not sure that the circle target is a good idea. Without it, we would have closer fights. Of course distant attacks should still work. It's also possible to make the circle appear only if the player is closer.
    - I would remove starcards or try to minimize their effect. There's no place for beginners in this mode, especially today. I'm sure that 'someone' is going to say that starcards are useless and that skills are more important ... I think this is true for this 'someone': he/she is skilled and can win without starcards. But imagine a rookie with no skill and no starcard, do you really think he's going to come back after a spanking experience? Starcards were good for the game commitment, but today it's a barrier for new players. However it's possible to keep them, for instance, enabling a better attack would decrease the ship defense... starcards would allow the player to choose his gameplay.
  • Should have provided more content for SA instead of EH.
    #StarWars-y
  • Starcard in SA are quite an advantage. First it unlocks the 20% maniability boost which may be usefull depending on your play style.
    Then it unlocks better rockets and lower rocket aiming time which is good to make the foe turn around like a fool and making him an easy target. Finally it unlocks quicker shooting and better weapons in general who make the difference. Then you still have to define the best combo for your play style, and aim right... some play the Y wing with more life, better R2 and improved ion canon, others will play a A wing with improved shooting rate, improved maniability and reduced overheating and others may be less extremist...
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4022 posts Member
    edited October 24
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    I really think that they should get Criterion to make a new Star Wars: Rogue Squadron game.

Right there with you. So much potential to expand on SA but it’s one of those things that’s not not being ignored.
    #StarWars-y
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I really think that they should get Criterion to make a new Star Wars: Rogue Squadron game.

Although I would like to see something like this happening, I like the Starfighter Controls within SWBF2 and I also think that SFA is a pretty damn good mode. It just needs more content

Although I would like to see something like this happening, I like the Starfighter Controls within SWBF2 and I also think that SFA is a pretty damn good mode. It just needs more content

Same here, I love the controls as they are.

But just imagine a fully developed Rogue Squadron game made by Criterion.

Yeah, as I pointed out, I would love that :) But in an ideal world, we would not need it cause Battlefront would have it

Yeah, as I pointed out, I would love that :) But in an ideal world, we would not need it cause Battlefront would have it

Although I’m still holding out hope for 2020, I feel like deep down I know we won’t get any new Starfighter Assault content.

Which is why if they’re just gonna abandon such an awesome mode, they should make a fully developed Starfighter game for the Starfighter Assault community, as well as the many other fans of the Rogue Squadron series.

Although I’m still holding out hope for 2020, I feel like deep down I know we won’t get any new Starfighter Assault content.

Which is why if they’re just gonna abandon such an awesome mode, they should make a fully developed Starfighter game for the Starfighter Assault community, as well as the many other fans of the Rogue Squadron series.

With that I can do nothing but agree :)
  • More SA maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get at least one new map with the RoS content drop. It may be foolish to hold any more hope, but the space battles previewed in the trailers feel like they could be epic. From a marketing perspective, it would be a wasted opportunity to ignore SA as a potential advertising platform. If we don't get any more SA content with the RoS drop, I'll have truly lost any hope for anything new for the mode.

From a marketing perspective, this game has not delivered much tbh. Since its marketing and tie-in content was not a real success. Therefore, I would not count on it tbh
  • I agree, but seeing "Ewoks" listed above "Pilots" made me laugh pretty hard. :)
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • bump. Give us somethiiiiiiiing
  • Good luck to my fellow pilots but I got to jett. Thanks EA/DICE/Criterion for SA as it is a great mode. Just needed a little more content and communication than you guys could provide. Maybe next time.

@F8RGE

Punch it!

I don’t blame you. I got so bored with BF2 that I decided to go back to BFV yesterday.

I love Star Wars, but if I’m gonna be playing a game for ground combat, it’s gonna be a game set in WW1-WW2.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    Starfighter will probably never get new content, maybe in episode 9 we'll get something
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Patience, this can't be the end of Starfighter Assault !

New content For Episode 9...or through 2020 !

Hopes.

May The Force Be With You, Always.