criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Good luck to my fellow pilots but I got to jett. Thanks EA/DICE/Criterion for SA as it is a great mode. Just needed a little more content and communication than you guys could provide. Maybe next time.

@F8RGE

Punch it!

It's been a pleasure having you as a squad mate, hopefully RoS drops some SA content and we can meet in the skies once again. Safe journeys in all your travels!
  • 40 pages and still no new Starfighter Assault maps.

@F8RGE, @EA_Tom, @T0TALfps, please don’t forget about Starfighter Assault in 2020.

Same goes for Extraction. Especially since their thread has 46 pages.
  • Totommm wrote: »
    It makes a while that I haven't read this thread and I'm not going to read the 39 pages to catch up ... sorry if I repeat something :)
    I'd also like more content for SFA but maybe Dice and us should take time to figure out why most players aren't playing this mode. I'm one of the players who like SFA but don't play it. Here are my reasons:
    - it's a completely different game than ground FPS. It's difficult to be good if you don't play regularly.
    - it's never/rarely on the homepage
    - You need pride if you're a rookie. I forced myself to play and upgrade my ships because fights were so unfair. The global game is balanced, but starcards are so important in duels.
    - When I played regularly, it was easy to enjoy. I made a big pause. Now everytime I come back, I spend my time exploding. If the enemy is level>30 and if I hear the damage alarm, there's no time to escape, I'm dead. I like challenging games and it's ok to be an easy target for trained people ... but it's not funny at all to play 15s: spawn > going to the battlezone > get killed with no pursuit > start over. It's very frustrating. I'm a PC player and the game seems to be a bit more agressive than on console - I've built this opinion on videos, sorry if I'm wrong. I suppose aiming the small circle is a bit easier with a mouse.

I also suppose that many people in this thread love this mode as it is, but I'd like to enjoy the game while recovering my skills. For that I would like:
    - More solid ships - Even if I die quickly, it's funny to play the rabbit more than 1 second.
    - I'm not sure that the circle target is a good idea. Without it, we would have closer fights. Of course distant attacks should still work. It's also possible to make the circle appear only if the player is closer.
    - I would remove starcards or try to minimize their effect. There's no place for beginners in this mode, especially today. I'm sure that 'someone' is going to say that starcards are useless and that skills are more important ... I think this is true for this 'someone': he/she is skilled and can win without starcards. But imagine a rookie with no skill and no starcard, do you really think he's going to come back after a spanking experience? Starcards were good for the game commitment, but today it's a barrier for new players. However it's possible to keep them, for instance, enabling a better attack would decrease the ship defense... starcards would allow the player to choose his gameplay.

I would not be opposed to some sort of handicap...... Players with less than 100 SA hours would recive 20% less damage from players with 100 or more SA hours, and players with >100 SA hours deal 10% more damage to players with < 100 SA hours.
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • @grimmace2 👍🏼
    #StarWars-y
  • Fun times in SFA when a team is significantly down players, say 10 vs. 6, and when new a player joins they get added to the LARGER team -- to say nothing of the lack of numbers balance in the first place. Combine that with the inane matchmaker that most often puts the best players on both sides onto the same side in the next map and you've got a bad time. New maps would be great but even before that, how about getting this extremely basic organizational aspect that other game devs, including you yourselves, DICE, a over decade ago, have gotten right so many times before?
  • Please watch! It's the Battle of Ryloth!

https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dp68mh/awesome_capture_i_got_stuck_in_game_after_dying/

I captured the Battle of Ryloth unfolding before my eyes and I'm spreading the video on Reddit and here on the BF2 Forums. This was such an awesome moment for me, and I'm sharing it with the Star Wars community.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Please watch! It's the Battle of Ryloth!

https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dp68mh/awesome_capture_i_got_stuck_in_game_after_dying/

I captured the Battle of Ryloth unfolding before my eyes and I'm spreading the video on Reddit and here on the BF2 Forums. This was such an awesome moment for me, and I'm sharing it with the Star Wars community.

Pretty cool! Can't help but notice that it seems pretty empty, not a lot of players. It would be nice if we could get some new content to bring some players back!

Nice video clip. The republic pilots need some training, take out the turrets then go for the tractor beam.
  • Quite surprised by the amont of lag those last days. I left some lobbies because of lag’s unplayability which I don’t like to, but which is still better than consuming tickets for crashing because of lag. That’s a shame because I was close to get Rey’s falcon lvl 25 to unlock purple star cards... I’ll have to end the job the old way then. Hope it’s just because of holidays and clusters being flooded by youngsters.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »

Pretty cool! Can't help but notice that it seems pretty empty, not a lot of players. It would be nice if we could get some new content to bring some players back!

I had that glitch happen way back when on the Endor map. Very cool being a spectator watching the battle. Seeing Slave 1 drop seismic charges and all the star fighters battling each other.
    Thanks for sharing.
    #StarWars-y
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

I didn't get that question. Did I vote the game too high?!
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

It was the second question
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

I too, have fulfilled my duty
  • SFA and extraction deserves more love from DICE.

Instead, they added CS, jetpack cargo, 2 ewok maps, coop, instant action ...
  • hilapff wrote: »
    Quite surprised by the amont of lag those last days. I left some lobbies because of lag’s unplayability which I don’t like to, but which is still better than consuming tickets for crashing because of lag. That’s a shame because I was close to get Rey’s falcon lvl 25 to unlock purple star cards... I’ll have to end the job the old way then. Hope it’s just because of holidays and clusters being flooded by youngsters.

Same, I was dealing on some maps but then Endor came up. Being warped back into debris that passed just fine a second ago? No thanks.
  • I get the feeling this game is going to coast once the Ep. IX content comes out. No new modes, classes, maps, or heroes. The push will be Fallen Order and whatever is coming out in '22.
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

erm.. that says it's the September survey?
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

erm.. that says it's the September survey?

Well I did it for the October Survey
  • SA CO-OP would be awesome. 4 online multiplayer versus the AI...
  • Survey mission accomplished. Here is a small sample:

6. What does the Community Team do really well?
    Ignore the requests for more Starfighter Assault content.

7. What could the Community Team do better?
    Communicate the status of Starfighter Assault. If the mode is officially abandoned then let us know so the money burning in our pockets can be spent on other games.

This is almost exactly what I put. Great minds and all that.
  • I wanna fly the B-Wing and Tie Defender!!!
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Duty as usual.

drvakyrvve6a.jpeg

Not for me. I think I rated the game too high to necessitate it.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Survey mission accomplished. Here is a small sample:

6. What does the Community Team do really well?
    Ignore the requests for more Starfighter Assault content.

7. What could the Community Team do better?
    Communicate the status of Starfighter Assault. If the mode is officially abandoned then let us know so the money burning in our pockets can be spent on other games.

This is almost exactly what I put. Great minds and all that.

Haha, same as me then. Great minds.

Let me get this straight. There has been no new Starfighter Assault content in quite some time and you rated the game high?
  • hilapff wrote: »
    Quite surprised by the amont of lag those last days. I left some lobbies because of lag’s unplayability which I don’t like to, but which is still better than consuming tickets for crashing because of lag. That’s a shame because I was close to get Rey’s falcon lvl 25 to unlock purple star cards... I’ll have to end the job the old way then. Hope it’s just because of holidays and clusters being flooded by youngsters.

I finally got this, the Falcon is horribly balanced and difficult to level unless you stick to farming turrets on certain maps. Auto gun would be an obvious fix that would help with Falcon being steadily gunned down by smaller ships. Slave I can bomb its way out of tight spots, Falcon just slowly dies.

Rey’s Falcon is powerful if your team protects it. I played it once with 1 or 2 team mates defending it over Ryloth, we 3 destroyed the match. If no one helps you, this Falcon is rubish.
    For comparison I feel like Han’s falcon has better weapons, while Lando’s one has the maniability star card which helps dogfighting.
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member

Let me get this straight. There has been no new Starfighter Assault content in quite some time and you rated the game high?

I know. I'm so so sorry 😢 can you forgive me if I correct my mistake for the next one?

I just love Co-Op so damn much.
  • ChadSquadron
    316 posts Member
    edited November 3

I know. I'm so so sorry 😢 can you forgive me if I correct my mistake for the next one?

The game is wonderful... It just needs more content and flexibility in its ways to play it.
    Hope it will be supported through 2020.

Definitely in need of New Starfighter Assault Maps !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • These threads deserve better than the second page.

It's all good, no worries mate. I actually played Co-Op for the first time this weekend. It was actually really fun. It was so fun I think I will actually double my rating next survey from 1 to 2.
  • Please New Starfighter Assault Maps before the game ends !

Please update Starfighter Arcade becoming Starfighter Assault Arcade (with objectives) !

Custom arcade (and Instant Action) fully Playable online for coop or vs "private" matches would be a real dream !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • killerzf7
    540 posts Member
    edited November 4
    Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters have a Triple XP event this month guys!

Hopefully we’ll get lots of more people! :smiley:

e3tzvidrjgkt.png
    Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters have a Triple XP event this month guys!

Hopefully we’ll get lots of more people! :smiley:

e3tzvidrjgkt.png

Well... it is REALLY sad to say this but... it is at least something after 2 years :D
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    Page 2? Nope.
  • I am just getting in to SFA due to trying to finish all the game's challenges it. It's a fun game mode, but with no new content since very close to launch, it gets stale quickly and there are not many people still playing it.

I would ask for a permanent double XP in the game mode due to the slow progression and add some more maps. At the very least add more bots when there are fewer players so the game feels more alive.
  • the modes terrible but if u guys like it coo
    Tactical, competitive 4v4 saber wielding, block holding,dashing only;God!
    When I'm not competition asf in PUGS then i'm being a trooper only gamer; because non-troopers are for fluoride toothpaste using, vaccinated neeewwwbs! I only drink the coldest of non-regular Mountain dew. Someone pass me a cold code red.
  • It's terrible because it's hasn't been supported

Out of curiosity, why do you not like it? :neutral:

Out of curiosity, why do you not like it? :neutral:

everything, lock on aiming, bad crashing hitboxes, ship imbalance (bomber for good guys is OP) most hero ships are weak besides falcons and few others, no reinforcement ships, 2 hero ship limit,bad map design-be it asteroids everywhere and just general floaty broken ship garbage over cool space stuff like stars planets etc. OBJ play is weak and boring as in just shoot X, ai addition,big squads make it nearly impossible to carry bad teams against,cards are too powerful and mine are still grey(lmao), nearly every ship feels the same and isn't unique enough(just lock on and shoot-woo hoo!) circle spinning wars, revenge icon indicator etc.....
    When I'm not competition asf in PUGS then i'm being a trooper only gamer; because non-troopers are for fluoride toothpaste using, vaccinated neeewwwbs! I only drink the coldest of non-regular Mountain dew. Someone pass me a cold code red.
  • It's terrible because it's hasn't been supported

possibly.
  • Alwe15
    1456 posts Member
    Page 2? Oh, I don't think so...
  • Khemikalburn
    80 posts Member
    edited November 6
    All these posts about Starfighters and devs never comment on them. The message they send is that they don't care about it and could care less about being upfront with us asking about it. How about about them leveling with us just once on it. Some transparency would be nice. This is what causes many players to become disappointed with the game. So much potential, so much wasted. I bought this game mostly for the starfighter modes, when I played it in beta, as I felt they got the flying right this time. Wow, what a big disappointment. I'm not falling for it again.