criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• mastery0ta wrote: »
    Any of you notice the Bwings and Ywings in the trailer/stills for the new film? They look like stock OT versions as far as I can tell.

They are different, but barely, they may as well be the same 50+ year old Y-Wings
    Any of you notice the Bwings and Ywings in the trailer/stills for the new film? They look like stock OT versions as far as I can tell.

They are different, but barely, they may as well be the same 50+ year old Y-Wings

Yup there's that originality again. All this talk of letting the past die, they sure rely on it pretty heavily. All the subplot of TLJ with big money, weapon manufacturers, appare tly was just there to be there for the sake of it. Where are the new ideas, ships and worlds? Hate on the prequels all you want, at least they tried to be different. I'd take a Vwing or Naboo starfighter over a blue xwing with slightly different engine shapes anyday
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Yup there's that originality again. All this talk of letting the past die, they sure rely on it pretty heavily. All the subplot of TLJ with big money, weapon manufacturers, appare tly was just there to be there for the sake of it. Where are the new ideas, ships and worlds? Hate on the prequels all you want, at least they tried to be different. I'd take a Vwing or Naboo starfighter over a blue xwing with slightly different engine shapes anyday
    Addressed in the Resistance Reborn novel that was released a few weeks ago. You should read it. It’s a great novel, as well was Black Spire. Both cover the period directly between the two movies.
  • Yeah, new maps
  • I've opened a thread about the Invisible Starfighters BUG here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/149644/hey-starfighter-players-i-need-your-help-does-the-invisible-ship-bug-still-happen

If anyone has experienced this BUG in 2019, please share it there (or here if you prefer). I'm compiling a list of Day 1 BUGs never solved, and as I never play starfighters I need your help.

And BTW, DICE must bring more content to this mode (and hopefully fix the AIM-Assist issue, and lack of FoV issue for me to enjoy playing starfighters again, but I know that will never happen unfortunately).
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I wish DICE would get rid of the stupid "Lead here" reticle since the ttk is extremely fast.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4548 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Is the xp event working?
  • Spent a little time flying around Sunday morning. Triple XP was not being reflected on the End of Round screen, but it was definitely being awarded. Leveled up Poe twice in one round, and it wasn't even a particularly good effort on my part. Would be nice to fix the UI so it reflected properly though.
  • Loved triple XP played as Tallie and Yoda. Fun gamemode. I used to be so good at it and I was only placing 5th :( Would love for more maps
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Loved triple XP played as Tallie and Yoda. Fun gamemode. I used to be so good at it and I was only placing 5th :( Would love for more maps

Who wouldn't ... ah - I know, DICE :D
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

Who wouldn't ... ah - I know, DICE :D

Huh? lol
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Question: Who wouldn't love more SFA maps?
    Answer: Dice.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • I enjoyed the heck out of SFA after not having given it much attention in the year i’ve had this game. I will continue to play it, as it’s the most fun I’ve had in the game in a while, even though i’m terrible.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Im_A_Drag wrote: »
    i just picked up BF2 last week and the first time ever i jumped into Starfighter Assault over the weekend....
    i gotta say, in our gaming culture it's hard to "blow our minds" anymore.
    i mean we've seen it all... done it all right?

One word to describe this game mode, E P I C !!

I was dumbfounded at how much this felt like STAR WARS.
    for the first time since Rebel Assault 2 on PS1 when i was like 12 did i have a smile on my face so big.

The sound, the cinematics, the raging water on Kamino, flying through debris of the death star, like what? is this for real??

I think we've become desensitized to all of the "epicness" across many AAA titles.
    The technological times we are in man it's crazy.

Despite any flaws, because there are, there will always be flaws...
    This game is incredible!
    I really hope DICE can breathe more life into this game mode and draw more players to it to keep it going.
    So freakin cool! :smile:

100% agree, the mode is awesome. Which is why it's so hard to understand why the devs have completely abandoned it. Even a rework of Hero SA would be appreciated, but no movement (or no announcements at least) on that front. Very disheartening.

agreed. with the release of TROS i'm hoping the devs drop more content and support for this!!

AND by the way...

if you're on PS4 I'll be one of those dudes randomly flying around the level soaking everything in with boy wonderment = easy kill ;)
    Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?
    Why is there handicap parking at skating rinks?
  • As I stated a few posts up and also posted a picture, Ben clearly stated that there are no plans for SFA
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • As I stated a few posts up and also posted a picture, Ben clearly stated that there are no plans for SFA

But hopes are clearly still alive.
    Starfighter Assault is awesome and needs NEW MAPS !

But hopes are clearly still alive.
    Starfighter Assault is awesome and needs NEW MAPS !

That is my opinion, but with the recent update on the thoughts of the devs regarding this topic, I really do not see a chance of updates on this mode unfortunately... really puts DICE in a bad light for me

• I’m not sure how many people have noticed, but there’s been a lot of Starfighter Assault gameplay posts over on Reddit.

This may be our chance to try to shed some light on Starfighter Assault.

Try to record your gameplay and upload some of your best clips.

I’m gonna be uploading a few of my own quite soon. :)
  • AW_Cramer
    454 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Played a bunch of SA last night for the 2xXP and it soooo badly needs new maps! I would love an attack on the Death Star map, Starkiller base, even a deep space battle with Capital Ships firing at each other ala ROTJ... imagine flying around a Super Star Destroyer???
  • Maps that we need as a minimum:
    - Scarif Shield Gate (OT)
    - Death Star 1 Trench Run / Death Star 2 Reactor Run (OT)
    - Battle of Coruscant (PT)
    - Starkiller Base Thermal Vent (ST)
  • The Battle of Jakku, which would be really easy to do because all the assets are already in the game.
  • Oh my word BF15 had a Bespin SA map for crying out loud!!! The assets are all there in BF17!! C'mon Dice!!!
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Oh my word BF15 had a Bespin SA map for crying out loud!!! The assets are all there in BF17!! C'mon Dice!!!

Clownd cars..... still needed that for my diorama.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4548 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    What’s up with Poe’s X-wing? Is it just new colors or is it a new X-wing.
    alrutdb2bgvk.jpg
    w5pjhhr2x4o5.jpg
    kejvwgnhujyk.jpg
  • I can never get over the weirdness of having the turbine engine split in half in the sequel movies...definitely not an engineer who thought that one up (why you would have a turbine engine on a space ship is another question altogether)
  • What’s up with Poe’s X-wing? Is it just new colors or is it a new X-wing.
    alrutdb2bgvk.jpg
    w5pjhhr2x4o5.jpg
    kejvwgnhujyk.jpg

New X-Wing. The Black/Orange one got destroyed in TLJ. Which will make this his third X-Wing, since the first one we see him flying was destroyed at the start of TFA.
  • @grimmace2 TY, would make a nice skin.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    What’s up with Poe’s X-wing? Is it just new colors or is it a new X-wing.
    alrutdb2bgvk.jpg
    w5pjhhr2x4o5.jpg
    kejvwgnhujyk.jpg

New X-Wing. The Black/Orange one got destroyed in TLJ. Which will make this his third X-Wing, since the first one we see him flying was destroyed at the start of TFA.

It's funny how he is the best resistance pilot and the only one that managed to destroy several ships (one per movie up until 9 plus the "defeat" in D'Qar)...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • @killerzf7
    Well done.
  • @killerzf7
    Well done.

Thank you.
  • I can never get over the weirdness of having the turbine engine split in half in the sequel movies...definitely not an engineer who thought that one up (why you would have a turbine engine on a space ship is another question altogether)

Nerd alert. It's 100% based on the original McQuarrie designs for the X-Wing. And if you look at the official blueprints for the T-70, it's not actually a turbine in there, but some sort of non-rotating inlet.
    cLAu3.jpg
  • Alwe15
    2198 posts Member
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    New Community Survey dropped, I posted the usual.

kk4fqd3c8qcc.jpeg

I did better this time. Rated 6, explained why, rated community team 6 and explained why 👍🏼

Nerd alert. It's 100% based on the original McQuarrie designs for the X-Wing. And if you look at the official blueprints for the T-70, it's not actually a turbine in there, but some sort of non-rotating inlet.
    cLAu3.jpg

I believe it is a ramjet like function for atmospheric flight.
    Actually I have no idea.
  • "it looks cool"
  • ratings all 5 or 6
    needs more maps SA and Extraction
    OT = Favorite era
    better communication/ DO NOT IGNORE US
    the abbreviated version of my responses to survey.
  • Some hero ships should be added like Obi-Wan's, Count Dooku's solar sailer and Grievous's Soulless One.
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • Honestly at this point I would happy to have the sky maps back from battlefront 2015
  • Honestly at this point I would happy to have the sky maps back from battlefront 2015

yes please