criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• killerzf7 wrote: »
    45 pages.

Please DICE!

Wow..... 455 pages is a lot. This has to be the longest lasting topic i've seen, has this topic been up for like what.... three months? I wish we could get SFA content already, Dice just get a new SFA team!
  • Whops i meant 45 pages, not 455 pages. :#
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    45 pages.

Please DICE!

Wow..... 455 pages is a lot. This has to be the longest lasting topic i've seen, has this topic been up for like what.... three months? I wish we could get SFA content already, Dice just get a new SFA team!

Bud, this topic has been active for 2 years!!

Wow....... i was thinking they would've listened to us by now...... but sadly they don't have the team anymore to do it... yet they still have the Criterion insignia when you're playing the game.
  • Genin
    119 posts Member
    On which platform do you guys use to play? I'm on ps4, maybe we can put together a "squadron"!
  • PS4 for me!

The triple XP is a chance to get all my heroes starfighters to level 40... But I don't think I may get all the Falcon done.

Those lasts days, the overall level on SFA is quite low. I don't know if it's because of the holiday season, of the celebration players who discover this mode or anything else but it helps to get XP with heroes!
  • hsf_
    1948 posts Member
    45 pages.

Please DICE!

It's been up since January 2018.
    The Extraction Thread has more pages I believe.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    45 pages.

Please DICE!

Wow..... just add it Dice!
  • Bump again.
    #moresfamaps
  • More content.
  • Never played this mode actually. I tried one time and the game kicked me out(it didn't crash, it kicked me out) so I haven't tried again. I do enjoy using starfighters though, despite me being really low level compared to most other players.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    45 pages.

Please DICE!

I believe that thread has 51 pages.
  • Another bump from me
  • Bump.
  • Never played this mode actually. I tried one time and the game kicked me out(it didn't crash, it kicked me out) so I haven't tried again. I do enjoy using starfighters though, despite me being really low level compared to most other players.

If you haven't played SA much then it's almost like new mode and the maps are still fresh. Don't know if you played SWBF 15's FS but this games SA is a much much better mode with all eras and vastly improved flight mechanics.

Best thing EA did was turn over the starfighting elements of the game to Criterion as those guys knew what they were doing. Would have been good if EA had kept Criterion around a little longer to provide more content.

You can always use arcade to hone your skills before venturing to mp with the hardened veterans.

SA is a great mode so I'd say give it another go.
  • SA is phenomenal, but IMO they really missed with the HSF mode. What’s the rationale for losing your hero ship? Makes an already time consuming grind that much more painful. I’m playing the mode to try and get playing experience and level up, but you just end up grinding a base three ship. Sure, “get good” applies here but you’re not gonna get good if you never get to play the ships.

Just my gripe.

But the star fighter modes really are awesome to play regardless.
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    SA is phenomenal, but IMO they really missed with the HSF mode. What’s the rationale for losing your hero ship? Makes an already time consuming grind that much more painful. I’m playing the mode to try and get playing experience and level up, but you just end up grinding a base three ship. Sure, “get good” applies here but you’re not gonna get good if you never get to play the ships.

Just my gripe.

But the star fighter modes really are awesome to play regardless.

Agreed. Many of us have been asking Hero SA to follow the same format as regular HvV.
  • Genin
    119 posts Member
    Guys, what's your favorite loadout for x wings? To maximize survivability and effectiveness.
  • Seen an X-wing shoot down a TIE fighter last night. It was cool.

I've never seen the AI attack each other on SFA maps, though they do on hybrid maps. Then again I'm usually too busy to notice, maybe they do in the background.
  • Genin wrote: »
    Guys, what's your favorite loadout for x wings? To maximize survivability and effectiveness.

Weapon damage, primary weapons system and hull increase. Don't have to switch between hero (shielded/more health) and villain (typically unshielded/less health) rounds, works well in all situations, typically don't need to change between defense and offense maps.

Max firepower and health

More health, more damage, and less heat I think. I may use the lock on missile star card sometimes. I never change for the different game mode or faction.

On bombers I only switch the Ion canon stuff to the lock on jam signal stuff between light and dark side. I have the 40% missile damage bonus and I don’t remember the last one.

For interceptors, I’m full attack: more damage, more fire rate, less heat. Quite effective if you manage to turn around your enemies and not get aimed.
  • Genin
    119 posts Member
    Stay on target.

They are too fast!!
  • Genin
    119 posts Member
    hilapff wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »

More health, more damage, and less heat I think. I may use the lock on missile star card sometimes. I never change for the different game mode or faction.

On bombers I only switch the Ion canon stuff to the lock on jam signal stuff between light and dark side. I have the 40% missile damage bonus and I don’t remember the last one.

For interceptors, I’m full attack: more damage, more fire rate, less heat. Quite effective if you manage to turn around your enemies and not get aimed.

There is no "less heat" for x wing. At the moment I'm ok with improved laser (10%), and hp (20% more), but still I don't know what to choose as third card. Improved barrage is good for tie fighter, but not for xwing.
  • I combined a screenshot of my top 5 finish on Ryloth with my personal stats from the round. Who ever says playing the objective does not pay -

1hff7f3p6ypr.png
    51bvn954fmlp.png

There is no "less heat" for x wing. At the moment I'm ok with improved laser (10%), and hp (20% more), but still I don't know what to choose as third card. Improved barrage is good for tie fighter, but not for xwing.

I tend to stick with the following load outs -

Fighters: Advanced Torpedoes, Reinforced Hull, Tuned Lasers. Gives extra punch to your cannons and torps, whilst improving your HP.

Interceptors: Elite Pilot, Advanced Capacitors, Fire Control Cycler. Helps you out turn all bar hero ships, and ensures you can fire your weapons faster and longer.

Bombers: Bomber Weapons System, Advanced Capacitors, Advanced Torpedos. As the bomber has the most HP, I don't see the need to increase its HP, so I upgrades it weapons. The Bomber Weapons System card ensures your ion Cannons on the Y-Wing can fire for much longer, whilst on the TIE Bomber it gives you good damage bonuses for the multi-torpedo ability (which can be devastating when used when mutiple targets are in range.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Genin
    119 posts Member

Fighters: Advanced Torpedoes, Reinforced Hull, Tuned Lasers. Gives extra punch to your cannons and torps, whilst improving your HP.

Interceptors: Elite Pilot, Advanced Capacitors, Fire Control Cycler. Helps you out turn all bar hero ships, and ensures you can fire your weapons faster and longer.

Bombers: Bomber Weapons System, Advanced Capacitors, Advanced Torpedos. As the bomber has the most HP, I don't see the need to increase its HP, so I upgrades it weapons. The Bomber Weapons System card ensures your ion Cannons on the Y-Wing can fire for much longer, whilst on the TIE Bomber it gives you good damage bonuses for the multi-torpedo ability (which can be devastating when used when mutiple targets are in range.

Nice! But I'm not sure advanced torpedos would be my cup of tea... It's not easy to hit another fighter of interceptor and I don't need necessary them to take out bombers. I still have to decide between the faster repair system, the improve repair of the Droid or some extra speed/acceleration (12%)... What I would like to have is more survability or advantage in dog fight.

Nice! But I'm not sure advanced torpedos would be my cup of tea... It's not easy to hit another fighter of interceptor and I don't need necessary them to take out bombers. I still have to decide between the faster repair system, the improve repair of the Droid or some extra speed/acceleration (12%)... What I would like to have is more survability or advantage in dog fight.

The game is more than just fighter kills. When you are on an attack mission, that extra punch from your torpedoes comes in handy. Also, NPC ships don't dodge missiles/torps. NPC bomber waves are a good source of BP (around 1k for killing all 3 ships in the wave) and helps your team as those bombers will do 15% damage per run to the objective you are defending. Fact is many players ignore the NPC bomber waves and wonder why they can't stop the enemy.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • For Fighters I always use Tuned Lasers and Reinforced Hull.
    If the ship has an Astromech, I use the card that improves it's effectiveness (Defensive Upgrade).
    If the ship doesn't have an Astromech, I use Repair Systems.

Also, New Roosterman is right, those AI-controlled enemy bombers do a fair amount of damage to the objective you're supposed to defend, so taking them out should be a priority.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • I'd pre-order SWBF III if it had a Starfighter Assault mode built by Criterion. I don't need more than that.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Still waiting for the option to fight on trooper maps (without troopers, just re purposing the map for SA). Capital Supremacy maps are huge and would make great SA maps.

On that note... is there a way to remove/add the option to turn off the auto leveling?

I want/need to fly upside down or sideways sometimes, and the auto leveling will throw me off or cause me to rotate and clip geometry.
  • Still waiting for the option to fight on trooper maps (without troopers, just re purposing the map for SA). Capital Supremacy maps are huge and would make great SA maps.

On that note... is there a way to remove/add the option to turn off the auto leveling?

I want/need to fly upside down or sideways sometimes, and the auto leveling will throw me off or cause me to rotate and clip geometry.

Yes you can turn off auto-leveling but I can't recall where the option is located at the moment. Anyone offer a little help?

Yes you can turn off auto-leveling but I can't recall where the option is located at the moment. Anyone offer a little help?

Options -> Controls -> Advanced Flight -> Yes

Also kasheek from galactic assault is very good as starfighters map
  • Thats absolutely right. We don't need new Maps (although would be great) we just need naboo, Kashyyk, hoth, Tatooine, Takodana... Air combat. Simple as that, f***.
  • We definitely need New Maps ! At least a death star assault with final trench run !
    But OK for airspace maps as bonus !
  • Please add Reinforcement ships to SA!
  • Please New Maps !
    Battlestation remastered 😍

Z-6 for the Republic

Magnaguard fighter for the CIS

TIE defender for the Empire

B wing for the Rebels and Resistance

TIE dragger for the First Order

Z-6 for the Republic