criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Sequel trilogy bombers would be nice as well. I’m sure DICE is the one who makes starfighters while criterion made the SA mode.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    Today i played galactic assault and used starfighters everytime it was possible... I had a lot of fun! If they'll make OT for CS, hoth would be perfect to host starfighters as well.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    46 pages!

@EA_Tom, I know you may not have the power to do this, but could you or someone at DICE please pitch the idea to bring back Criterion for more Starfighter Assault maps and content?

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

I would be amazing!!
  • I combined a screenshot of my top 5 finish on Ryloth with my personal stats from the round. Who ever says playing the objective does not pay -

1hff7f3p6ypr.png

Oh well, as long as you have inveterate spawncampers on your side to thin the herd
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    46 pages!

@EA_Tom, I know you may not have the power to do this, but could you or someone at DICE please pitch the idea to bring back Criterion for more Starfighter Assault maps and content?

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

It's good to see y'all having so much love for this mode. And yes, we're aware of this thread. I don't have anything new to add for you at this time though.

Finally a dev writing on the topic!
    Thanks @EA_Tom !
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

It's good to see y'all having so much love for this mode. And yes, we're aware of this thread. I don't have anything new to add for you at this time though.

OMG I feel so happy about that!
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

Long I have waited for this moment my little mod friend
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

But you did. Recognizing this thread and communication.
    Thank you.

• Genin
    123 posts Member
    I'm thinking about what "realistically" could be done to bring new longevity to starfighters with limited resources... If I have to choose just one thing, I would like it to be a more "sandbox" map/mode where both teams attack and defend at the same time. It could be something like "protect ally capital ship, while attacking the enemy one". Something that should provide more "freedom" and "deepness" to the match, for better replaybility. This "mode" could easy be adapt to every Era and as a second phase for capital supremacy. What do you guys think about it?
  • Just gonna keep bumping it
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

Thanks for an official comment from the dev team. It's been a long, winding road, but at least we know we've been heard. Now, about that new content....
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

Thanks for an official comment from the dev team. It's been a long, winding road, but at least we know we've been heard. Now, about that new content....

Agreed. Hopefully they’ll mine this thread and keep some of our suggestions for future plans. New starfighters, maps and hero ships.
  • I think we've already got a pretty good selection of regular ships and Hero ships. They're well balanced and fun to use.
    What would really spice up Starfighter Assault for me would be new maps or new Starfighter game modes. I played for a few hours last night after a long break and it was still the most fun mode in the game.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think we've already got a pretty good selection of regular ships and Hero ships. They're well balanced and fun to use.
    What would really spice up Starfighter Assault for me would be new maps or new Starfighter game modes. I played for a few hours last night after a long break and it was still the most fun mode in the game.

I Agee with you... The most important contents should be maps and modes. That's the priority. Just after those, if there will be new ships/reinforcements/heroes/cosmetics we will be happy too, but first of all we need new maps and modes for starfighters.
  • Whelp apparently this thread is my answer, asked a simple question as to why EA/Dice seems to despise SA, Extraction, ect and got referred to here as my answer. Years of ignoring them and finally just acknowledging this thread actually exists isn’t communication. It’s literally the definition of the kind of tone deaf interaction my post was referencing. Congratulations you actually made a response to a years old thread about some of the most requested content.
  • Battle of coruscant is all I want
  • aof09mbcuvuf.jpeg
  • I want an harcdcore mode:

- The battles are too small for heroships - remove them
    - Remove all enemy indicators, allow only to "Mark target in sights" or "cycle fighters targeting you"
    - replace radar with XWA-Style Radar
    - Remove star-Card effects
    - Remove "Abilities" add temporary boosts on EITHER Shields, Weapons, or Engines
    - Nerf weapon cool-down drastically (Star Wars is looking at WW2 Dogfights with limited ammo)
    - make spacecraft more original (TIE has no shields, no rockets, X-Wing is slower etc.)
    - Up the player number, increase maps

Make XWA look this good and a tiny bit more arcade. K Thx bai !
  • Yes! We finally got a Dev response! Thanks Tom! :smiley:

And it’s good to know that you’re aware of our efforts! We just hope that you don’t forget about us.

Us and Extraction of course.
  • +1 for extraction.

Thanksfully the new reinforcements gave the strike a new breath... but I still want both modes to be split again.

Back to the topic, I still miss the trench and the coruscant battle... and why not the Exegol or starkiller one?
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    I think one reason players want that "Revenge" marker removed is so that they can rack up bigger kill streaks with Hero ships and not have to worry about being a bigger target.

Which is exactly why it should remain in the game.

Personally, the only time I care about the "Revenge" marker is when I'm killed by a Hero ship and know that that ship is going to be a problem with winning the game, like when Boba Fett is dropping a Seismic Charge around Objectives.
    Other than that, I'm playing the Objective and not worrying about getting revenge.

I also believe the revenge marker suggests you should take revenge. It would be better if an enemy is marked only when she has killed you thrice, then that player is a problem for the objective, hero or not, and will likely hunt you again. But marking them immediately is unnecessary and causes people to take too personal something that is casual most of the times. Actually I have killed by accident consecutively the same players and I realize once their nickname appears in my screen.
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think one reason players want that "Revenge" marker removed is so that they can rack up bigger kill streaks with Hero ships and not have to worry about being a bigger target.

Which is exactly why it should remain in the game.

Personally, the only time I care about the "Revenge" marker is when I'm killed by a Hero ship and know that that ship is going to be a problem with winning the game, like when Boba Fett is dropping a Seismic Charge around Objectives.
    Other than that, I'm playing the Objective and not worrying about getting revenge.

I also believe the revenge marker suggests you should take revenge. It would be better if an enemy is marked only when she has killed you thrice, then that player is a problem for the objective, hero or not, and will likely hunt you again. But marking them immediately is unnecessary and causes people to take too personal something that is casual most of the times. Actually I have killed by accident consecutively the same players and I realize once their nickname appears in my screen.

You get extra BP for a revenge kill (iirc its an additional 250 BP).
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I can't take the "revenge" marker seriously anymore. When I'm playing the Objective, that's where my focus is. When I'm Defending, the focus is on the enemy ship closest to my cross-hairs. I do prioritize enemy Bombers and Hero ships if I'm Defending, especially if they're damaging the Objective. Searching for or chasing specific ships is mostly a waste of time.

Side story: A pilot killed me the other night after I had killed him about 4 or 5 times. He seemed like the only player on the opposing team actually playing the Objective, so he was constantly in my area. I noticed he was using 3 Blue cards. I stopped shooting at him whenever his name came up in my sights. After a while I saw that he called in a Falcon and my only thought was "good for him!"
    On a night where I had a few good games, that's the one I remember the most.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Only time I'll even consider the revenge marker is when I've had the same pilot drop me more than twice in a row. Beyond that, I never target specific players. Takes too much time and effort. Much easier to treat the sky as a killing field, with a "who's next?" mentality. Drop a target, move on to the next one. Hero ships are a different story though. I'll do my darnedest to drop enemy Hero Ships ASAP, and protect my team's heroes. Hero ships don't swing battles near as much as they do in ground battles, but they can wreak havoc in the right hands. And, as I've said before, protecting your team's heroes is a great way to generate XP/BP. People get tunnel vision when attacking heroes, so they're easy fodder.
  • KT_Elwood wrote: »
    I want an harcdcore mode:

No

Make it a game mode than. Battlefield_casual vs XWA_style
    46 pages!

Please?

xsjtytv1dj7r.jpeg

Hey, Tom.

We asume that it means there won't be new content for us. But, just a couple of tweaks would mean a world for us. Just enableing ships/Hero ships in Co Op/IA (like if they were vehicles) would instantly bring 6 new maps with no effort. Furthermore, It wouldn't cost any backslash because co op/ia are pve. Minor changes (even if It is nota new content) would be awesome for us.

No spawn timer
    2/3xp permanent
    HSFA like HvV
    Equal costs for Hero ships
    Ships/Hero ships in Co Op/IA
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I think that if they just added ONE new map to this mode the player population would explode. That would give them a gauge on how many people are really out there. You can’t really figure out a player base after such a long time with no new content. I only play it now to get back together with the group I originally flew with. The lack of content has forced people to move into other things.

If they were to add one new map, it can’t just be any map.

Take Galactic Assault for example. They put so much effort into Geonosis and it looks like an absolute battlefield.

Just imagine if they put that much effort into either The Battle of Coruscant, or The Battle of Endor.

It has to be huge.

I think we can do even better in terms of SA maps. I can't remember when, but I did mention places like Ison Corridor, Scarif, maybe we can get Eadu or the Imperial Academy Heist, a second Fondor map like Rogue Squadron III (I just want to see TIE Hunters,) Yavin 4 would be cool, Exgol could be a great map too (unlike the movie...) Destrillion, Bakura, anyone remember Kothlis? The list is so big and there is so much potential here. I would love to see Kothlis and Ison Corridor get put in.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    I think we need something that will give starfighters more more longevity. Like a new "simmetrical" mode or a map with random and dynamics objectives for both teams. Starfighters assault maps are great and I would like to see some new... But they follow a specific pattern of phases, like galactic assault. I would like to see something like capital supremacy but for starfighters.
  • Genin wrote: »
    I think we need something that will give starfighters more more longevity. Like a new "simmetrical" mode or a map with random and dynamics objectives for both teams. Starfighters assault maps are great and I would like to see some new... But they follow a specific pattern of phases, like galactic assault. I would like to see something like capital supremacy but for starfighters.

You mean like the original Battlefront 2005 did, e.g. you can land in hangar and destroy it from the inside, while you are free to choose if you want to destroy the objectives also from the outside in random order and with random focus. Yes, I am really missing this too

You mean like the original Battlefront 2005 did, e.g. you can land in hangar and destroy it from the inside, while you are free to choose if you want to destroy the objectives also from the outside in random order and with random focus. Yes, I am really missing this too

Yes, something like that!
    Introducing SF COOP for all three eras would probably get a lot more people to try SFs. Hook’em with that then fix the Hero SF mode (perma-2XP, no base three ships), add a few SA maps and we’re off like gangbusters.

That has reminded me of a map idea that I had. It would be a map (don’t know which) that would give BOTH teams an attacking objective. It would then make the game extremely engaging as you’d have to decide whether to attack the enemies objective or defend your own, but doing exclusively one or the other would mean either leaving your objective unprotected or being unable to attack the enemies, you’d have to find a good middle ground as a team. It also doesn’t require a new mode or mechanics
  • Those fantasies made me wet, but they are not realistic at all.

More than 2 years un we've got almost nothing:
    - HSF completely disappointing, useless for leveling héroes
    - Deatmatch for Arcade, which is absurdely Boeing
    - a skin for The Falcon (completely unnecessary)

Don't get me wrong, those additions are welcomed but se limita have been completely left aside, we have no new Maps, no new ships, no new skins... Nothing relevant.

This is the most active thread on the official forum and they simply don't care about us. Just having ships/Hero ships in Co Op would creo like a new Mode and nothing. CS beeing just Hero/troopers/vehicles das our chance.

I think it's time for us pilots to leave this game and move on. It's sad because this game could be the best Rogue squadron ever but we simply don't count for live service and for The company.
  • Chem0
    198 posts Member
    Battle of coruscant is all I want

And DS 2. First phase could be for rebels to survive long enough. Second attack Star destroyers and last fly into the DS superstructure. Empire side just defend objectives.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »

That has reminded me of a map idea that I had. It would be a map (don’t know which) that would give BOTH teams an attacking objective. It would then make the game extremely engaging as you’d have to decide whether to attack the enemies objective or defend your own, but doing exclusively one or the other would mean either leaving your objective unprotected or being unable to attack the enemies, you’d have to find a good middle ground as a team. It also doesn’t require a new mode or mechanics

Yeah, something like that... Open to various strategy and approaches. That could be played in different ways and roles. Any class of starfighter would be useful from the beginning to the end. Also a longer duration compared to a standard SA would be good and have also secondary objectives to gain tickets and advantages would be great.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    Amonraul wrote: »
    Those fantasies made me wet, but they are not realistic at all.

More than 2 years un we've got almost nothing:
    - HSF completely disappointing, useless for leveling héroes
    - Deatmatch for Arcade, which is absurdely Boeing
    - a skin for The Falcon (completely unnecessary)

Don't get me wrong, those additions are welcomed but se limita have been completely left aside, we have no new Maps, no new ships, no new skins... Nothing relevant.

This is the most active thread on the official forum and they simply don't care about us. Just having ships/Hero ships in Co Op would creo like a new Mode and nothing. CS beeing just Hero/troopers/vehicles das our chance.

I think it's time for us pilots to leave this game and move on. It's sad because this game could be the best Rogue squadron ever but we simply don't count for live service and for The company.

I feel you bro... Most of the time I think we are just dreaming here. Waiting for something that will never happen. But I'm an "old child", especially about star wars and starfighters in particular... That's makes it difficult for me to stop dreaming about it xD
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Still waiting for the option to fight on trooper maps (without troopers, just re purposing the map for SA). Capital Supremacy maps are huge and would make great SA maps.

On that note... is there a way to remove/add the option to turn off the auto leveling?

I want/need to fly upside down or sideways sometimes, and the auto leveling will throw me off or cause me to rotate and clip geometry.

Yes you can turn off auto-leveling but I can't recall where the option is located at the moment. Anyone offer a little help?

Options -> Controls -> Advanced Flight -> Yes

Thank you!!!
    q1i3x6ngyi5d.gif