criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Riiight those surveys are sooo acurate....
  • Genin wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    From my Q/A post

kyk0ef1yisxe.jpeg

The secret-not public-only dice knows-list apparently put skins above starfighters contents even if on public threads is the opposite.

We lost guys, there is no reason to fight anymore an already lost battle.

But in some cases, even a battle that seems lost can be turned around.

In Star Wars, it was The Battle of Endor.

In real life, it was the launch of this game.

There was a lot of anger of the launch of this game and many people abandoned it. Now 2+ years later, this game made a complete turnaround and people are coming back.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    From my Q/A post

kyk0ef1yisxe.jpeg

The secret-not public-only dice knows-list apparently put skins above starfighters contents even if on public threads is the opposite.

We lost guys, there is no reason to fight anymore an already lost battle.

But in some cases, even a battle that seems lost can be turned around.

In Star Wars, it was The Battle of Endor.

In real life, it was the launch of this game.

There was a lot of anger of the launch of this game and many people abandoned it. Now 2+ years later, this game made a complete turnaround and people are coming back.

Yes, but I think it's obvious that there is some reason why they are abandoning starfighters.

Sure is not the interest of the players (it's incredible that after all this time there is still lot of people playn on the same 6 maps with the same starfighters... If this is not interest, I don't know what it is), otherwise they would do a minimum effort fixing the heroes starfighters mode and adding 2-3 starfighters each team on capital supremacy. This things would require just a very small effort, but still they are not doing it.

It should be something else that they don't want (or more likely , "can't") share.

Maybe they really don't know how to do without criterion or they have difficulty balancing the gameplay.
    Then they monetize with skins, and starfighters can't have skins with the same appeal of heroes and reinforcements to spend money on.

• I agree that our best bet is to pray for a starfighter game and that DICE has nothing to do with it
  • Well, 3x XP this week end is good! I just leveled up my first Falcon (Rey) and my last dark side heroes to 40. Still some work around with the other Falcons...
    If anyone is playing on PS4 this WE, expect me to be around for some SFA games.
  • Maaaaaaps ! Please !
  • Let me know your thoughts on this:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs/p1?new=1

Would be really interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance :)

Also thanks @EA_Tom for sharing this here again :)
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Gonna keep on bumping
  • Genin
    387 posts Member
    When is the next survey?
  • EA_Tom
    539 posts EA Community Manager
    When is the next survey?

This week.
  • yes, the Gunner is a great success, F8RGE, it just ruins the balance of games but it's so much fun for the casuals
  • Genin
    387 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    When is the next survey?

This week.

Than you @EA_Tom!
  • Genin
    387 posts Member
    yes, the Gunner is a great success, F8RGE, it just ruins the balance of games but it's so much fun for the casuals

I think she is too op imo... Don't like very much
  • Genin
    387 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Let's try to keep the discussion on topic, SA/Hero SA only, so we don't give anyone a reason to close the thread.

More maps please, and rework Hero SA to TDM with the ability to respawn as hero ships.

... And possibly being part of CS too!
  • I would like more occasions to level up my heroes in SA... heroe SA is a mess. Too much waiting time. Best way to level up heroes is playing SA but sometimes, level up in SA is quite difficult...
    Let's try to keep the discussion on topic, SA/Hero SA only, so we don't give anyone a reason to close the thread.

More maps please, and rework Hero SA to TDM with the ability to respawn as hero ships.

If it was it's own phase, or an optional phase, great. As much as I want new starfighter content in some capacity, I think it's only fitting that the ground pounders deserve a large scale mode of their own, without threats from the sky. GA is great to mix the two elements, but CS feels like it belongs to the "boots on the ground" mains.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

If it was it's own phase, or an optional phase, great. As much as I want new starfighter content in some capacity, I think it's only fitting that the ground pounders deserve a large scale mode of their own, without threats from the sky. GA is great to mix the two elements, but CS feels like it belongs to the "boots on the ground" mains.

maybe check out my thread, linked in my footer :)
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • I played some Starfighter Assault today and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of newer players (players with green and blue cards) in the games. And the lobbies filled up pretty quickly after matchmaking started. I hope the mode stays strong even though we only have the 6 maps and haven't had any content added in such a long time.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • maybe check out my thread, linked in my footer :)

That does sound like fun. Playing as a starfighter is awesome, strafing ground troops is not.

Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    Starfighter COOP.....please!!!! Looking forward to the TIE Whisperer too!

Yes yes
  • They say surveys only give them an idea on what to do for new content yet they just keep claiming that SFA ranking low on the surveys is why they don't add more to it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Time to jump ship. Everyone time your 2005 boarding explosives so we all blow up at the same time
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Surveys aren't absolute truth ! Keep asking for SFA awesome content !
    Remember they also said "plans do change".
    Hopes and make your voices heared until Last development Day !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Sath
    344 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Even though it looks amazing, the gameplay is horrible. Don't get me wrong it feels great, the objective based gameplay and all but it's utterly unrealistic. On PC it's just point and click everyone to death. You can move the mouse cursor around independent of the ship's center axis, i think on consoles you have to aim with the whole ship at least. This mode deserves a seperate game with Frostbite engine, throttle and stick, shield management, track ir support and so on.
    Post edited by Sath on
  • We need big ships as reinforcements.
  • Genin
    387 posts Member
    edited January 28
    We need big ships as reinforcements.

We need lots of contents, but I'm not confident that we'll see any...

If survey are so important for dice, remember what to do in the next one pilots.

Genin, standing by.
  • Sad how arguably the most competently made mode in the game was silently abandoned.

• Genin
    387 posts Member
    Guys, I opened a topic on reddit called "starfighters reborn". Please, show some love and don't let it die. Let's do one more effort.

Share it if you can, also... Let's try the power of the internet and join our forces.
    Guys, I opened a topic on reddit called "starfighters reborn". Please, show some love and don't let it die. Let's do one more effort.

Share it if you can, also... Let's try the power of the internet and join our forces.

Upvotes awarded and comments posted. Thanks!
  • Genin
    387 posts Member

Upvotes awarded and comments posted. Thanks!

Thanks to you for join!

Upvoted! :)
  • @Genin would you mind sharing a link

• More than 500 hundred positive bots, I hope DICE finally see pilots as a big parte of the community at last... Even if I will not play anymore this game, this attempt deserve support so I will continue to stick around.

Kudos, man.
  • Amonraul wrote: »
    More than 500 hundred positive bots, I hope DICE finally see pilots as a big parte of the community at last... Even if I will not play anymore this game, this attempt deserve support so I will continue to stick around.

Kudos, man.

We are around 1100 right now! :)
  • killerzf7
    724 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Amonraul wrote: »
    More than 500 hundred positive bots, I hope DICE finally see pilots as a big parte of the community at last... Even if I will not play anymore this game, this attempt deserve support so I will continue to stick around.

Kudos, man.

For whenever I do important Starfighter related posts on Reddit, I have a list of supporters who want to see more content for Starfighter Assault.

So far there’s around 215 people on the list for Reddit alone, and I only wonder how many more there are across the several forums for BF2.

Edit: I did not realize that you were talking about Reddit upvotes.
    Post edited by killerzf7 on
    Amonraul wrote: »

Kudos, man.

Upvoted and commented👍
  • It's happening!
  • Im willing to bet we'll see no mention of SFA and Extraction in the next survey... just more ratings for Heroes and asking about toxic players