criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Feelee16 wrote: »
    Had the game since launch and revisited SA to play in first person for the first time (only ever played in 3rd)....... Oh its a revelation... SA is my main mode again!

Wish they did more with 1st person in starfighters. It's good now but could be better imo

The lack of any PSVR support for SFA is a crying shame. I absolutely loved the Rogue One PSVR mission from BF 2015 and was convinced we'd eventually get something similar for BF2 😥

It's criminal is what it is. They could have made some sweet money by just including a VR mode, both PSVR and PCVR.
    Had the game since launch and revisited SA to play in first person for the first time (only ever played in 3rd)....... Oh its a revelation... SA is my main mode again!

Wish they did more with 1st person in starfighters. It's good now but could be better imo

The lack of any PSVR support for SFA is a crying shame. I absolutely loved the Rogue One PSVR mission from BF 2015 and was convinced we'd eventually get something similar for BF2 😥

This is why I got BF2. I was so disappointed with the absence of vr after the awesome R1 expansion to bf15
  • Theres even a Bespin airspace map on the campaign they could use!!
  • Feelee6
    2406 posts Member
    edited April 8
    Head movement on turns like in BF4 is the FP change I'd like the most
    n8ukd7h6gcmq.gif
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Theres even a Bespin airspace map on the campaign they could use!!

Always wanted to play on the night one. The resurrection one too
    z6t76zup8oqv.jpg
    FO vs Jsec maybe?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • @Scoundrel you're in the Good place !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Some nice ideas, but for new maps, I would not want them all in atmosphere.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Genin
    701 posts Member
    Wow, amazing ideas I see here!
  • Some nice ideas, but for new maps, I would not want them all in atmosphere.

I’d like to see more in space as well. Battle of Coruscant. Exegol. Death Star II attack by Rebellion. Defense of D’Quar. But these are all “from scratch” maps. I’m trying to suggest maps that are already created and would take either a port/remaster or expansion of a portion of an existing GA map. The idea is use what we have to get more content out there.
    Head movement on turns like in BF4 is the FP change I'd like the most
    n8ukd7h6gcmq.gif
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Theres even a Bespin airspace map on the campaign they could use!!

Always wanted to play on the night one. The resurrection one too
    z6t76zup8oqv.jpg
    FO vs Jsec maybe?

This would certainly be an interesting backdrop for a SA battle. As would the Bespin campaign map. Not sure if the scenario would fit (FOvJSEC), but the asteroids make for a nice natural hurdle to overcome.
  • grimmace2
    1397 posts Member
    @Scoundrel that was some awesome work, great suggestions. Let's hope the dev team sees things the saem way you do :) Keep up the good work!
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    @Scoundrel that was some awesome work, great suggestions. Let's hope the dev team sees things the saem way you do :) Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Grimmace. I truly hope we can see most if not all of these at some point. I know there has been some doubt cast about the longevity of this game, recently, but Dennis all but assured us that it wasn’t going away anytime soon... that DICE has changed the way they see their games living and breathing. They want their games to be ongoing, like Rainbow Six. They’re not looking to move on to another game—even if they haven’t explicitly laid out the plan moving forward.
  • @Scoundrel
    Nice work.
    SA needs more content.
  • Genin
    701 posts Member
    No second page for pilots!
  • @Scoundrel Goddamn dude, this is EXACTLY what I want to see added to the game. Dice, please listen to the man! He talks a lot of sense!
  • @Scoundrel Goddamn dude, this is EXACTLY what I want to see added to the game. Dice, please listen to the man! He talks a lot of sense!

I can’t argue with that... hopefully DICE shares that sentiment. Thank you.
  • Finally got my 25th Hero Ship kill with a Fighter about a week or two ago. Last Trophy I needed to get the Platinum. Now I just gotta level my Hero Ships and their related Challenges. See you all in the unfriendly skies...
    Most-Played Modes:
    1. Co-Op
    2. Starfighter Assault
    3. Ewok Hunt

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, because this is The Way.
  • Genin
    701 posts Member
    Still have a small hope to see some new starfighters contents for the next updates... DICE please!!
  • More content Starfighter Assault needs ! 😅
  • Oh my word can I just say what a gorgeous map the Jawa refuge is!! Cant we get more maps like this for SA?!!?

rwaiyzpbs44b.png

du95gh20w3vd.png

8j6gymd1o5im.png

pfucdh5ha0wl.png

x0sgk0t0z1zw.png
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Oh my word can I just say what a gorgeous map the Jawa refuge is!! Cant we get more maps like this for SA?!!?

rwaiyzpbs44b.png

du95gh20w3vd.png

8j6gymd1o5im.png

pfucdh5ha0wl.png

x0sgk0t0z1zw.png

Indeed. The only reason I didn’t include this and some of the other FS maps was the lack of possible environmental ground/air objectives already in place (like on Sullust). ALL of the FS maps in 2015 were visually stunning.

• Bump.
  • So I just had a great run of games on BF15 Fighter Squadron last night. Are any SA players here playing on BF15?
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    So I just had a great run of games on BF15 Fighter Squadron last night. Are any SA players here playing on BF15?

I uninstalled SWBF15. Maybe that was a mistake as it looks like there will be no DS Trench Run or Scarif Shield Gate for SA.

• Well, if you're a PC owner and you have a hankering to see the Trench run again, there's always this...
  • Genin
    701 posts Member
    Stay on target!
  • Commencing bombing run.
  • Just played it for four hours. Star Wars!
  • Well, if you're a PC owner and you have a hankering to see the Trench run again, there's always this...

Could you actually destroy the Death Star on this map? I think I saw the exhaust port but it's hard to tell since they turned the trench into a labyrinth.
  • JackSpanky wrote: »
    Well, if you're a PC owner and you have a hankering to see the Trench run again, there's always this...

Could you actually destroy the Death Star on this map? I think I saw the exhaust port but it's hard to tell since they turned the trench into a labyrinth.

I don't think it's possible. This is just the standard Fighter Squadron Death Star map, where blowing it up wasn't an option. In the Battle Station mode, you had to get specially assigned by the game as one of 3 pilots to make the trench run and follow specific directions to get to the exhaust port. Using this same single player DLC mod I'm using in the video, it's possible to do the first part of the Battle Station where you have to take our the Star Destroyer shield generators and bridge on the Imperial Blockade FS map (takes bloody ages doing it solo!), but the game hangs just after the Rebel Transport lands in the Death Star for the on foot bit when you rescue artoo. A real shame, I'd have loved to have been able to blow the Death Star without all those pesky human players always trying to shoot me down 😂. I came so close to doing it one time, but another player on my team beat me to it.
  • Bump.
  • Should have added more maps.
  • Never give up !
    NEW STARFIGHTER ASSAULT MAPS PLEASE ! 😅

May The Force Be With You, Always !
  • AltoJun
    115 posts Member
    Sonic22 wrote: »
    The game is badly design and the balance is trash lol
    High level players have more advantage than casuals : better card, hereos more often...
    Just the fact that you can have a better ship than other is unbalanced.
    You can get spawn killed, so fun...

If i spend more time dead than playing, i quit and won't waste my time.
    And that's why they lost lots of players

The plan was to frustrate people and make them pay to win.
    Doing a good game and sell lots of dlc content, no it's not enough for EA...

In my country we have a saying:
    "he who is born crooked never straightens up".