criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• I need to stop posting text walls... sorry about that.
    'Mors est tantum impedimentum' - Death is only an obstacle
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Enjoying it? LOL i'm receiving huge lag, constant rubberbanding, i cant even play the gamemode itself on xbox one, i need to be in 1st person but it barely even fixes the issue.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    So for those of you who enjoy Starfighter Assault, do you feel it needs any changes?

I personally have a couple of gripes, but I find this game mode to be fairly well balanced, especially when comparing it to Galactic Assault. As I said, I do have a couple of gripes and I think I'll start by mentioning the "looping" that goes on. It can be endless at times and it's often whoever breaks off first, dies first. I have a suggestion to fix this somewhat, but I'll talk about that at the end.

The looping is my absolute biggest peeve, bar none, in at least SFA or even this entire game. Arguably, it's ruining SFA and you're probably gonna see how this **** me off to no end.

imo, it takes little to no skill, just the patience to basically troll others into oblivion, and yet it still seems to be the easiest and most consistent way to either kill an SFA player of even a high skill level, distract them from actually playing and enjoying SFA, or getting them to ragequit one way or another.

Myself, I absolutely hate giving these ***holes the satisfaction of a kill and tend to manually respawn whenever I can just to deny the kill and hopefully at least some of the associated battle points too. Unfortunately, I realize that even spiting these kinds of players from the kill this way still benefits their team in the long run. Whether on offense or defense, manually respawning will give the opposing team one less opponent for at least a little while, and manually respawning while on offense seems to still deprive your team of a ticket, same as actually getting killed.

This really gets compounded when you're being swarmed with one or even more enemy pilots all using the same godforsaken tactic.

There's also the fact that I probably have several years worth of experience playing air/space combat games, Star Wars or otherwise, and I've never felt this aggravated until I started getting regularly trolled or killed by this tactic. And I've been mainly playing SFA in BF2 since maybe a week after launch and even in the beta, so I'd like to think that I have a good amount of skill and experience in this mode.

It should not be this easy for these "loopers" to so easily troll or even kill people of my skill level or anyone, really.

Any of you **ggots who do this looping tactic need to leave SFA or BF2 or multiplayer games in general or have a power surge go through your gaming console and irreparably fry it. You know it's a cheesy *** tactic, you know it's a cheap, shameful thing to do and you should feel ashamed of it. Learn to actually fly, learn some sportsmanship at least or **** OUT OF THIS GAME
    _____

unfortunately, I'm not sure how this could be fixed. One of the really galling things about the looping is that objectively, it kinda is a "legitimate" tactic. I'm not sure it even counts as an exploit of sorts since it's just using the game's basic flight mechanics at the end of the day.

I don't know if this is even a good idea, but the only possible "fix" that immediately comes to mind is a mechanic I saw in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (as flawed as people often said the air combat was in that game). But that Ace Combat game had a built in mechanic where you could press a button to pull an evasive maneuver if pursuing enemies got too close behind you. That maneuver would immediately make the pursuer overshoot your plane giving you a chance to turn the tables.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that players of that Ace Combat entry often criticized that mechanic (among others related to it). iirc, it was often said that just making it a button press made it too easy to turn the tables on anyone of any skill level and that it, among other gameplay features unique to that entry, really diluted the combat mechanics at the heart of the Ace Combat series.

But I'm practically sick and tired of starfighter players for seemingly getting easy rewards for little to no skill, work, and tactics. I'm almost desperate for a solution of some kind, if only to spite these cowards.

I'm surprised an Elite Pilot, such as yourself, doesn't just equip the appropriate card and win every turn fight you get into.
    Also, you might want to cut back on the inappropriate slurs.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • Rook008
    846 posts Member
    There are 6, but I agree, we could use some more maps.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    Enjoying it? LOL i'm receiving huge lag, constant rubberbanding, i cant even play the gamemode itself on xbox one, i need to be in 1st person but it barely even fixes the issue.

I think that’s an issue on your end, I’m on Xbox and I haven’t had a single problem. No lag. No rubberbanding. And I love playing the mode
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »

I think that’s an issue on your end, I’m on Xbox and I haven’t had a single problem. No lag. No rubberbanding. And I love playing the mode

No there have been genuine issue's with SWBF2 as a whole lately. I'm registering 200ms to my local server on BF2, but on CSGO I ping 22ms to a local server.
  • SA is really enjoyable the now, aside from the games where you feel your ship is made of paper, what id like to see is objectives on both sides in all maps, the likes of kamino when the clones simply have to shoot down opposing ships, instead make it that while defending the venator, they can attack a separatist ship that houses bombers etc, so the bombing runs cant be done,

Basically on SA make both sides have a mission,
  • Does anybody actually understand how abilities like blue leader or inferno leader work? How big is the increase of damage or how does the healing work? Do they start to heal immediately, for example, or is it just an increase of a normal heal?
  • Back to the OP, I agree the speeds need to be increased 25%. That's my only suggestion and I'm glad I'm not alone in that. It's leagues better in this game compared to last game and I find SA to be very exciting and fun.

Of course new maps are always welcomed, too.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Does anyone use the elite pilot cards to decrease turn radius I've been thinking about trying it out and wondered if it made a difference to anyone else
  • Rook008
    846 posts Member
    DonFields wrote: »
    Does anyone use the elite pilot cards to decrease turn radius I've been thinking about trying it out and wondered if it made a difference to anyone else

It depends on the ship. I don't use them on Interceptors because Interceptors out-turn Bombers and Starfighters already. I'd rather boost firepower. Some Hero ships do benefit though.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • I took a break from this game for a bit to catch up on some backlog and returned for Luke and Leia's Hoth costumes... I forgot how much fun and how much I love Starfighter Assault. This mode just needs some Season 2 maps. And S2 Hero Ships. Come on, Criterion/EA... let's do this!

Also, I can't wait for Starfighter customization. I know it's not coming with the first April update, but I really hope there's paint, decal and mech options to swap out.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    K0rtess wrote: »
    Does anybody actually understand how abilities like blue leader or inferno leader work? How big is the increase of damage or how does the healing work? Do they start to heal immediately, for example, or is it just an increase of a normal heal?

Tallie's Blue Leader gives an immediate health regeneration buff. Even when being attacked you are still regenerating health, this also applies to nearby Allies.
    Poe Dameron's Black Leader, I think I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure it just reveals enemies in the area and when they are killed, you get BP + assist. I don't play much of Poe so I can't say for sure though.
    Same with Iden's Inferno Leader, I don't really know what it does, except it gives me score and BP for being around enemies when it's active.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    DonFields wrote: »
    Does anyone use the elite pilot cards to decrease turn radius I've been thinking about trying it out and wondered if it made a difference to anyone else

Yes, they are very handy for those maps with no debris, as you're guaranteed to get into a looping contest. In a 1 vs 1 Tallie and Kylo are untouchable with it.
  • The thing about looping.

Don’t engage in it. I see less looping these days anyway, but if I do get into a potential loop scenario, I fly into areas of teammates and hug obstructions.

I wouldn’t waste my precious time being drawn into a loop contest.

pH
  • New_Roosterman
    542 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Does anybody actually understand how abilities like blue leader or inferno leader work? How big is the increase of damage or how does the healing work? Do they start to heal immediately, for example, or is it just an increase of a normal heal?

Tallie's Blue Leader gives an immediate health regeneration buff. Even when being attacked you are still regenerating health, this also applies to nearby Allies.
    Poe Dameron's Black Leader, I think I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure it just reveals enemies in the area and when they are killed, you get BP + assist. I don't play much of Poe so I can't say for sure though.
    Same with Iden's Inferno Leader, I don't really know what it does, except it gives me score and BP for being around enemies when it's active.

Black Leader and Inferno Leader do two things:
    1. Reveal enemies; and
    2. Buff damage from Poe/Iden and any allies nearby.

As the cooldown on those abilities can take some time, use them judiciously as using them at the right time can really help your team.

On a side note, if you are not sure what an ability does, go to you collection and click on the unit. Click on the "Customise" button and then you can click on the "Abilities Details" button and it will give you a description of what the abilities are supposed to do. :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • @New_Roosterman Thank you for the answer, though I was asking for the experimental details. Say, how big damage buff is and if it is worse a purple card. As for me I tend to neglect it and maybe keep the card for additional points. The blue leader healing also looks abysmal.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    The thing about looping.

Don’t engage in it. I see less looping these days anyway, but if I do get into a potential loop scenario, I fly into areas of teammates and hug obstructions.

I wouldn’t waste my precious time being drawn into a loop contest.

pH

Elite Pilot removes the looping for the most part, as you end up doing half a loop and they die, assuming your aim is up to scratch!
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member

Black Leader and Inferno Leader do two things:
    1. Reveal enemies; and
    2. Buff damage from Poe/Iden and any allies nearby.

As the cooldown on those abilities can take some time, use them judiciously as using them at the right time can really help your team.

On a side note, if you are not sure what an ability does, go to you collection and click on the unit. Click on the "Customise" button and then you can click on the "Abilities Details" button and it will give you a description of what the abilities are supposed to do. :)

Thanks for the clarification =]
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Totally agree with that part:

So for those of you who enjoy Starfighter Assault, do you feel it needs any changes?

I personally have a couple of gripes, but I find this game mode to be fairly well balanced, especially when comparing it to Galactic Assault. As I said, I do have a couple of gripes and I think I'll start by mentioning the "looping" that goes on. It can be endless at times and it's often whoever breaks off first, dies first. I have a suggestion to fix this somewhat, but I'll talk about that at the end.

Hero ships - I find myself getting hounded as soon as I pick a hero ship. Especially an easily recognisable one such as the Millennium Falcon or Darth Maul's Scimitar. I find my best chance for survival as a hero is to pick one that isn't easily recognisable, such as Iden's TIE fighter or Luke Skywalkers/Poe Damerons X-Wing. Again, I will go through my suggestion at the end.

I just noticed that with the new leveling system, it is very good to level all classes and heroes. Because every single one has it's dedicated game mode. Except Hero ships.
    You have only Starfighter Assault where you can pick a hero ship IF IT'S not taken yet, OR the game hasn't ended before you get the battlepoints. And even if you spawn as one, you will instantly get blown up, because everyone will focus you down. (especially with the Falcon, since you can see it from the other side of the map)
  • jonci
    1229 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »
    Totally agree with that part:

Hero ships - I find myself getting hounded as soon as I pick a hero ship. Especially an easily recognisable one such as the Millennium Falcon or Darth Maul's Scimitar. I find my best chance for survival as a hero is to pick one that isn't easily recognisable, such as Iden's TIE fighter or Luke Skywalkers/Poe Damerons X-Wing. Again, I will go through my suggestion at the end.

I just noticed that with the new leveling system, it is very good to level all classes and heroes. Because every single one has it's dedicated game mode. Except Hero ships.
    You have only Starfighter Assault where you can pick a hero ship IF IT'S not taken yet, OR the game hasn't ended before you get the battlepoints. And even if you spawn as one, you will instantly get blown up, because everyone will focus you down. (especially with the Falcon, since you can see it from the other side of the map)

I get at least 2 hero ships per match yes it draws the enemy like a fly to S***, going to take ages to upgrade any and all, as well as get milestones, i usually only pick the ones that blend in a bit better for the map. though using any of the leader buff abilities turns on a big spot light which says here i am come and gang bang me, like the rinse repeat for highlighting who killed who on normal ships (get rid of it).
  • They need to go back on how it was in bf 2015. Most of the times am flying in circles trying to shoot only to her get blasted by another player spawning in. It's not enjoyable to play.

The looping is my absolute biggest peeve, bar none, in at least SFA or even this entire game. Arguably, it's ruining SFA and you're probably gonna see how this **** me off to no end.

imo, it takes little to no skill, just the patience to basically troll others into oblivion, and yet it still seems to be the easiest and most consistent way to either kill an SFA player of even a high skill level, distract them from actually playing and enjoying SFA, or getting them to ragequit one way or another.

Myself, I absolutely hate giving these **** the satisfaction of a kill and tend to manually respawn whenever I can just to deny the kill and hopefully at least some of the associated battle points too. Unfortunately, I realize that even spiting these kinds of players from the kill this way still benefits their team in the long run. Whether on offense or defense, manually respawning will give the opposing team one less opponent for at least a little while, and manually respawning while on offense seems to still deprive your team of a ticket, same as actually getting killed.

This really gets compounded when you're being swarmed with one or even more enemy pilots all using the same godforsaken tactic.

There's also the fact that I probably have several years worth of experience playing air/space combat games, Star Wars or otherwise, and I've never felt this aggravated until I started getting regularly trolled or killed by this tactic. And I've been mainly playing SFA in BF2 since maybe a week after launch and even in the beta, so I'd like to think that I have a good amount of skill and experience in this mode.

It should not be this easy for these "loopers" to so easily troll or even kill people of my skill level or anyone, really.

Any of you **** who do this looping tactic need to leave SFA or BF2 or multiplayer games in general or have a power surge go through your gaming console and irreparably fry it. You know it's a cheesy *** tactic, you know it's a cheap, shameful thing to do and you should feel ashamed of it. Learn to actually fly, learn some sportsmanship at least or **** OUT OF THIS GAME
    _____

unfortunately, I'm not sure how this could be fixed. One of the really galling things about the looping is that objectively, it kinda is a "legitimate" tactic. I'm not sure it even counts as an exploit of sorts since it's just using the game's basic flight mechanics at the end of the day.

I don't know if this is even a good idea, but the only possible "fix" that immediately comes to mind is a mechanic I saw in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (as flawed as people often said the air combat was in that game). But that Ace Combat game had a built in mechanic where you could press a button to pull an evasive maneuver if pursuing enemies got too close behind you. That maneuver would immediately make the pursuer overshoot your plane giving you a chance to turn the tables.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that players of that Ace Combat entry often criticized that mechanic (among others related to it). iirc, it was often said that just making it a button press made it too easy to turn the tables on anyone of any skill level and that it, among other gameplay features unique to that entry, really diluted the combat mechanics at the heart of the Ace Combat series.

But I'm practically sick and tired of starfighter players for seemingly getting easy rewards for little to no skill, work, and tactics. I'm almost desperate for a solution of some kind, if only to spite these cowards.

As I've said before, looping IS flying. It annoys me too, but that's part of the game.....EVERY flying game. I'm surprised to hear that someone who considers themselves "experienced" in flying and air combat games has never encountered this phenomenon before?

As for the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon counter maneuver, as someone who has discussed it and posted videos about it (the counter-counter, actually). As someone who has made videos dedicated to using the mechanic properly, I can definitely tell you that is was no "simple" button press. It wasn't rocket science, but it did take some finesse and skill. The counter counter WAS a button press, but took split second timing and was nearly impossible, as it should be, for what it is.

Here's one of my old AC:AH instructional videos where I explain the mechanic in the annotations close to the start:

Here's another of mine, demonstrating it further:

and here's my video showing the counter counter (as well as I could):

I would definitely welcome a version of this system (NOT just a simple button press, like in 2015) that would require timing and skill. As you can probably tell, it was pretty exhilarating. :D

If looping hadn't been a problem in previous flying games, Project ACES would've never needed to invent this mechanic, no? Makes me wonder if perhaps some folks have never played a flying game against actual, live people?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando
    2015 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Not editing because I don't want to risk the post above disappearing, but personally, when I get tired of looping I just pick a target and fly away.

Oh yeah, if you watch the videos above, "DFM" or "Dogfight mode" was their way of prevent looping and helping noobs who don't know how to dogfight. Basically, imagine if you could hook a tow cable to the plane you're fighting (wouldn't you "down with hard lock!" guys loooove that!) so basically you can follow their plane and shoot at them, until they do then counter move, which puts them behind you instead. That's what the AC community hated, really. Not the counter move.

Anyway, back to SA, re: flying away from a looping situation. If I die, I die. Apparently most of the top scoring players use a sort of "love the one you're with" sort of philosophy, where they don't even bother with looping, they just shoot at whoever's in front of them, and don't chase anybody (maybe _hsf can confirm since he's mentioned being one, and no, this is not a jab). :)

I've mentioned before that if you loop with them one or two times, they think you're going to keep doing it, and may not even notice at first if you speed away (especially if there's cover nearby).
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Jus gimme offline SA. That's all I want.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Not editing because I don't want to risk the post above disappearing, but personally, when I get tired of looping I just pick a target and fly away.

Oh yeah, if you watch the videos above, "DFM" or "Dogfight mode" was their way of prevent looping and helping noobs who don't know how to dogfight. Basically, imagine if you could hook a tow cable to the plane you're fighting (wouldn't you "down with hard lock!" guys loooove that!) so basically you can follow their plane and shoot at them, until they do then counter move, which puts them behind you instead. That's what the AC community hated, really. Not the counter move.

Anyway, back to SA, re: flying away from a looping situation. If I die, I die. Apparently most of the top scoring players use a sort of "love the one you're with" sort of philosophy, where they don't even bother with looping, they just shoot at whoever's in front of them, and don't chase anybody (maybe _hsf can confirm since he's mentioned being one, and no, this is not a jab). :)

I've mentioned before that if you loop with them one or two times, they think you're going to keep doing it, and may not even notice at first if you speed away (especially if there's cover nearby).
    I will usually just attack the people that are doing the most damage to my team, while bouncing between objectives and protecting the Falcon/Slave 1/Scimitar. People really don't realise how powerful those ships are against objectives, as one sustained attack from the Falcon(with special modifications active) will do the same damage as 5 bombers... It's a miracle that people havn't cottoned onto this yet, just like they haven't cottoned onto the fact that the destroyed tractor beams still give you points when shooting them xD

I will usually just attack the people that are doing the most damage to my team, while bouncing between objectives and protecting the Falcon/Slave 1/Scimitar. People really don't realise how powerful those ships are against objectives, as one sustained attack from the Falcon(with special modifications active) will do the same damage as 5 bombers... It's a miracle that people havn't cottoned onto this yet, just like they haven't cottoned onto the fact that the destroyed tractor beams still give you points when shooting them xD

Thanks for responding! May I ask, what tractor beams? ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• hsf_
    1911 posts Member

Ryloth phase 1.

Ryloth phase 1.

Ohh, is that the clone map where you have to shoot the little humps that face each other? I'm still not super clear on the map names, and the dialogue kinda goes in one ear and out the other. If so, I love wailing on them with a bomber. :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• hsf_
    1911 posts Member

Ryloth phase 1.

Ohh, is that the clone map where you have to shoot the little humps that face each other? I'm still not super clear on the map names, and the dialogue kinda goes in one ear and out the other. If so, I love wailing on them with a bomber. :D

Yeah that's the one, they're active when destroyed, but I'm not sure if they're still active during phase 2 and 3, it's possible though.
  • Not sure if anyone brought it- initial spawn on D'Qar. Gives tremendous advantage to the Resistance. Everytime I start that map as FO I have to counter it, which shouldn't be a case.
  • Today the impossible happened. I've won on Kamino as the Separatists for the very first time ever. This map is so imbalanced towards the defenders. It's not fun. Kamino should be slightly reworked, so attackers have a slightly better chance to win on this map.

TIE-Interceptor lasers overheat way too fast. They should be reworked a bit, so they don't overheat this fast.

I really hope we will see at least 3 additional SA maps (one for each era) sometime. I like SA but I'm tired of the six maps we've got so far. I would like to see more maps. Really hope we will se a revamped battle of Scarif at some point (including Hammerheads & Profundity) or Death Star battle.

An of course SA needs to be added as an offline mode too.
  • Seastorm wrote: »
    You could always use the N-1 Starfighter from Naboo as the rebel enforcer class
    vly1wzx8blta.jpeg
    B-wings all the way, man!

latest?cb=20171030173108

Don't forget about the TIE Defenders!

B- Wing pleeeease!!
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    Today the impossible happened. I've won on Kamino as the Separatists for the very first time ever. This map is so imbalanced towards the defenders. It's not fun. Kamino should be slightly reworked, so attackers have a slightly better chance to win on this map.

TIE-Interceptor lasers overheat way too fast. They should be reworked a bit, so they don't overheat this fast.

I really hope we will see at least 3 additional SA maps (one for each era) sometime. I like SA but I'm tired of the six maps we've got so far. I would like to see more maps. Really hope we will se a revamped battle of Scarif at some point (including Hammerheads & Profundity) or Death Star battle.

An of course SA needs to be added as an offline mode too.

Kamino is completely balanced
  • Valero1127 wrote: »
    They need to go back on how it was in bf 2015. Most of the times am flying in circles trying to shoot only to her get blasted by another player spawning in. It's not enjoyable to play.

Nah, this is a million times better... Better maps, better ship control and abilities, better objectives, better flow of battle, heroes are now earned instead of flying holding patterns in random corner of the map, etc. etc.
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    Today the impossible happened. I've won on Kamino as the Separatists for the very first time ever. This map is so imbalanced towards the defenders. It's not fun. Kamino should be slightly reworked, so attackers have a slightly better chance to win on this map.

Seriously? I've had the complete opposite experience... I remember it taking me an entire weekend to win as the Republic forces and this was with me finishing first or second *every* time... If the Separatists make it past phase one, they're golden because they get an obscene amount of tickets (or did that get nerfed?)

EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • Seastorm wrote: »
    vly1wzx8blta.jpeg

latest?cb=20171030173108

B- Wing pleeeease!!
    Seastorm wrote: »
    vly1wzx8blta.jpeg

latest?cb=20171030173108

B- Wing pleeeease!!

lbzns7qr4t4a.jpg
    #StarWars-y
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I kinda wish the hero ships were a bit more durable. Earning these should be an exciting and pivotal moment, but you always end up getting destroyed so quickly which just leads to disappointment.

The revenge system is great and I'm glad they have it, but I do wish it timed out after a brief period. I'm always concerned when I kill somebody as a hero ship because I know they'll probably come gunning for me. Heck, it's what I do all the time.

Please find a way to bring the b-wings into this game. I'd love to see what you can do with then, Criterion.

Keep up the great work!
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • We need new maps, modes and starfighters.

Another atmospheric setting for SFA I'd like to see added. Sullust at sunset.
    5qsj2ez91q27.jpg

SWBF I had the trench run in the DS DLC so lets add add a SFA battle in and around the DS 2.
    z30pxjiu0xow.png

New modes that would involve the U-wing without the rails.
    k3o3jm81b05e.png

Including the TIE Reaper and TIE Striker, also without rails.
    4qagvp7lioo0.jpg

I'd like to see the TIE Hunter added.
    906e638mn78p.jpg

The Delta 7.
    7xy4cy69k9sb.jpg

The Z-95 Headhunter.
    irsnahr0u921.png

Making my Criterion wish list.
    #StarWars-y
  • Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but it would be great to see them add something in the "Bomber" class to the First Order / Resistance maps. I suppose the objectives may need some rework, but given the new progression, it's painful to level up the bomber when two of the maps don't allow you to play it at all.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    nick7184 wrote: »
    Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but it would be great to see them add something in the "Bomber" class to the First Order / Resistance maps. I suppose the objectives may need some rework, but given the new progression, it's painful to level up the bomber when two of the maps don't allow you to play it at all.

The MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 bomber would probably be a bit too complex to work in this game.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • DeltaVGF
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Please tell me this is a glitch (the enemy health bar), otherwise this is ridiculous. Dice really needs to take care of these kinds of people seriously. >:(

PS: The player immediately quit the game so I couldn't report him.

l0m119513tc8.png
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Valero1127 wrote: »
    They need to go back on how it was in bf 2015. Most of the times am flying in circles trying to shoot only to her get blasted by another player spawning in. It's not enjoyable to play.

I wasn't the best pilot in BF2015, but this is a massive improvement over fighter squadron by far. I still don't play SA constantly, but I have a lot more incentive to play a few rounds every so often, rather than ignoring it like I did fighter squadron.

I bought the first game for the flying modes and was disappointed. SA in this game though is a vast improvement, I love it. Seems to be the most balanced mode in the game at this point. I actually enjoy the Hero ships being weaker than the ground hero counterparts, sure I’ll lose some quick but if you don’t stray too far you should be golden and there is always the next match.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • New_Roosterman
    542 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @New_Roosterman Thank you for the answer, though I was asking for the experimental details. Say, how big damage buff is and if it is worse a purple card. As for me I tend to neglect it and maybe keep the card for additional points. The blue leader healing also looks abysmal.

I don't know how big a buff Black L:eader gives to damage, but it is noticeable when you use it on fixed targets which are objectives (e.g. the shield generators on the Imperial drydock) as alone I can do quite a bit oif damage. The onlky card which buffs it just makes it active for longer.

With Tallie's Inspired Leader healing, it starts as soon as you activate it runs for around 10-15 seconds. The only start card for it buffs how much health regen you get per second. At Epic level it is 90/second. As first level on that Star Card says 40 health/second (levels are 40, 55, 70 and 90), I dare say base level is around 25-30/second.
    Post edited by New_Roosterman on
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I think the larger hero ships such as the Falcon and Slave One could use a massive boost in speed, or even an evasive manoeuvre ability to shake off determined attackers. Both ships have been shown to have exceptional speed in the films (think both asteroid sequences) As it is now, they are just a massive target sluggishly moving around the maps, unable to reach or weave obstacles for cover.

I'd also like to see more of the battles from the films such as
    Battle above Naboo TPM
    A possible aerial battle over the Geonosian battlefields AOTC
    Battle above Corruscant ROTS
    Death Star ANH
    Battle of Hoth (think lots of Snowspeeders and a dozen or so AT AT Walkers to take out, with TIES for back up)
    Battle of Endor, flying into the Deathstar superstructure at the end stage.

The old Rogue Squadron games managed these kinds of levels exceptionally well and had a good variety of challenges. I see no reason why these ideas couldn't be expanded upon for this game ?

All of these and can't forget the battle of scarif, either space or in atmosphere
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    nick7184 wrote: »
    Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but it would be great to see them add something in the "Bomber" class to the First Order / Resistance maps. I suppose the objectives may need some rework, but given the new progression, it's painful to level up the bomber when two of the maps don't allow you to play it at all.

The MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 bomber would probably be a bit too complex to work in this game.
    That, and the Canon makes it clear that the SF-17s are dependent on tight cooperation between many bombers to coordinate their arcs of fire and survive to reach their target. The fewer they are, the more vulnerable they become. In practice, that'd imply AI control of a bomber squadron.

The First Order/Resistance don't have dedicated small "bombers", because the X-Wings/TIEs -are- their bombers; they're all multirole space superiority fighters. What's lacking is the option to exchange their missiles with other ordnance like torpedoes.

For an Earth analogy, think about fourth and fifth generation jet fighters: The vast majority of platforms are multirole. Even "dedicated platforms are able to some multitasking. Air superiority fighters all have at least a limited capability to carry out ground attack. ATG platforms like the A-10 can take out air assets like helicopters, and it isn't a "bomber" in the usual sense anyway.
  • DeltaVGF wrote: »
    Please tell me this is a glitch (the enemy health bar), otherwise this is ridiculous. Dice really needs to take care of these kinds of people seriously. >:(

PS: The player immediately quit the game so I couldn't report him.

l0m119513tc8.png

I doubt he quit just so you couldn’t report him, otherwise he’d be joining a game to get 1 kill then quitting which is completely pointless. But with the cards he has, I think that’s how it’s meant to be
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I'm not having too much fun with MP SA anymore. I pray that we get offline SA in the April update.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.