criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• TheScape
    2309 posts Member
    I don't know if that is the right topic for the question but, anybody knows why there are to A-Wings on the Collection tab? They have the same name except for the last digit I believe (which is 1 or 2). They also have slightly different designs. Are they different Rebel A-Wings for SA? Or is it like the N1 SF that is only used on the Theed GA map?

I would post pictures but I am not at home.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    I don't know if that is the right topic for the question but, anybody knows why there are to A-Wings on the Collection tab? They have the same name except for the last digit I believe (which is 1 or 2). They also have slightly different designs. Are they different Rebel A-Wings for SA? Or is it like the N1 SF that is only used on the Theed GA map?

I know there are two types of A Wing in the game, but I can't remember if one is used in GA or if both are used is SA xD
  • One is for the Rebellion, the other is the Resistance.
  • TheScape wrote: »

I think this will help.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/vehicles

The RZ-1 A-wing is the interceptor class ship flown by the Rebellion. This ship is available in SA and in some GA modes.
    28p9e1fng729.jpg

The RZ-2 A-wing is the interceptor class starfighter flown by the Resistance. As of now the RZ-2 is only available as a hero ship, Tallie Lantra. This starfighter is not available in GA as there are no hero ships playable in GA.
    se10x1bml7jd.jpg

It would be good if DICE added both the RZ-2 A-wing and the T70 X-wing available as just standard starfighters without the need to be a hero to fly them. Just remove the hero abilities and make the needed adjustments.

We need DICE/Criterion to go into afterburner on providing some new content, maps/modes and starfighters, as the tank is nearly dry. More opportunities to fly hero ships is also needed. It will be a disappointment if there is no new SA content in this upcoming release.

Happy hunting.

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

I think this will help.

The RZ-1 A-wing is the interceptor class ship flown by the Rebellion. This ship is available in SA and in some GA modes.
    28p9e1fng729.jpg

The RZ-2 A-wing is the interceptor class starfighter flown by the Resistance. As of now the RZ-2 is only available as a hero ship, Tallie Lantra. This starfighter is not available in GA as there are no hero ships playable in GA.
    se10x1bml7jd.jpg

It would be good if DICE added both the RZ-2 A-wing and the T70 X-wing available as just standard starfighters without the need to be a hero to fly them. Just remove the hero abilities and make the needed adjustments.

We need DICE/Criterion to go into afterburner on providing some new content, maps/modes and starfighters, as the tank is nearly dry. More opportunities to fly hero ships is also needed. It will be a disappointment if there is no new SA content in this upcoming release.

Happy hunting.

What? The T-70 X-wing and RZ-2 A-wing are playable in GA (Takodana, Jakku, and SKB) and SA (D'Qar and Unknown Regions) as normal starfighters already.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »

I think this will help.

28p9e1fng729.jpg

se10x1bml7jd.jpg

Happy hunting.

What? The T-70 X-wing and RZ-2 A-wing are playable in GA (Takodana, Jakku, and SKB) and SA (D'Qar and Unknown Regions) as normal starfighters already.

Yeah my mistake and apologies. Not enough sleep, things are starting blur.
    Thanks Darkaid. That's twice.
  • TheScape
    2309 posts Member

I think this will help.

28p9e1fng729.jpg

se10x1bml7jd.jpg

Happy hunting.

Thanks, I just can't believe I didn't think about the resistance ships before posting... The thing is, when you check the holograms in the Collection tab they look almost identical except for the paint shop and some random stuff attached to the hull of the ship. It feels like the two X-Wing versions (Rebels and Resistance) have much more of a difference than the A-Wings. Even the TIE-Fighters look way more different (or maybe it's just me).

About adding new stuff I agree. The lack of maps is too palpable if you play a lot of SA and not having Bombers for the sequel era hurts the most. Even if it's just recycled Y-Wings and a second repaint of the FO TIE-Fighters. I would be ok with that as placeholders at least since we already have the same enforcer for the Light Side on all the eras...
  • purist284 wrote: »
    I don't notice alot of aim assist in SA. Actually it took me a few weeks to adapt from BFI to BFII in this regard... it seems to me BFII requires much more manual aiming than BFI ever did. In fact, alot of times I'll be aiming at a mission objective and auto aim will pull me off my target and toward an enemy ship going by in the foreground - so I'd be all for disabling aim assist as an option and would even be ok with disabling it altogether.

But I like the grey circle lead indicator. I guess I'm just curious, how do you mean that it is a crutch? I guess my counter point on this matter so far would be: a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, why wouldn't starfighter pilots have augmented reality readouts either in their helmets or even projected onto the interior of their cockpit windows that aid them in targeting? They can travel at multiples of the speed of light and destroy whole planets and star systems, but they can't come up with a targeting computer that helps you assess an enemy's trajectory, etc?

Sorry I'm only replying now. I take 2 weeks off and all of a sudden there's over 100 notifications. I'd rather not sift through them all so I actually got lucky your post showed up.

With regards to me calling it a crutch - its because people rely on it to hit their targets. You take it away - using the TIE Bomber's Jammer for example - and very few people actually have the skill to consistently land shots on you. I see it as a crutch because other games don't provide that kind of assist and so people learn to play without it.

Removing the auto aim would make things a bit harder, but it would keep the indicator in the game for those who maybe ain't yet skillful enough to manually lead their shots without some form of guidance. Removing the auto aim would also open up the possibility for DICE to add an option for players to turn the indicator off for themselves if they see fit.

And yea, targeting technology does fit into the Star Wars universe - I'll never deny that. But it should be left to each pilot whether or not they want to utilise said technology or leave it switched off. And it shouldn't interfere with the flight controls or allow the cannons to shoot at 45 degree angles off-centre from the barrel (Crait's TIEs are the best example for this. That auto aim attached to the lead indicator does weird stuff when you're firing at Ski Speeders. I've heard of shot dispersion but 45 degrees offset is a bit extreme - its like CoD with hip firing sniper rifles all over again...)
    'Mors est tantum impedimentum' - Death is only an obstacle
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Anyone else think this view needs adjusting? It's the first person view for Yoda's Actis-Class Starfighter. It's incredibly limited with it's FOV.
    jeh5ojm8ei3h.png

Wow, that is unreal.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    You are all arguing a mute point.

tumblr_ofhxted4wE1vfdr29o1_500.jpg
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• @F8RGE can you provide us any information on SA such as time frame as to when we can expect new content without revealing too much? Will we be getting new starfighters the community has been asking for like B-wing:7ppi62bjgb4o.jpg

Or the TIE Defender:jc7vwuvp40cm.png

Will there be new hero ships or reinforcements? Is the hit detection being looked into and will there be cosmetic options for starfighters like this:
    vakrwv7l56wy.jpg

How about a DS II maps/mode?
    b5lkinvt2o4s.png
    SWBF II SA is a vast improvement over SWBF I FS and I've really enjoyed the modes and the new vehicles like the Y-wing, TIE bomber and the ARC-170. The new hero ships like Yoda's Jedi Interceptor and Kylo's TIE Silencer are also great fun. I've seen some great suggestions for new SA content on this thread and throughout the forums so, like many other pilots, I'm just wondering when SA is going to get some attention.
    Thanks.
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    @F8RGE can you provide us any information on SA such as time frame as to when we can expect new content without revealing too much? Will we be getting new starfighters the community has been asking for like B-wing:7ppi62bjgb4o.jpg

Will there be new hero ships or reinforcements? Is the hit detection being looked into and will there be cosmetic options for starfighters like this:
    vakrwv7l56wy.jpg

b5lkinvt2o4s.png
    SWBF II SA is a vast improvement over SWBF I FS and I've really enjoyed the modes and the new vehicles like the Y-wing, TIE bomber and the ARC-170. The new hero ships like Yoda's Jedi Interceptor and Kylo's TIE Silencer are also great fun. I've seen some great suggestions for new SA content on this thread and throughout the forums so, like many other pilots, I'm just wondering when SA is going to get some attention.
    Thanks.

Ask yourself this. We asked for conquest and got Ewok Hunt, do you honestly expect us to get anything we want in the future?

• hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    @F8RGE can you provide us any information on SA such as time frame as to when we can expect new content without revealing too much? Will we be getting new starfighters the community has been asking for like B-wing:7ppi62bjgb4o.jpg

vakrwv7l56wy.jpg

b5lkinvt2o4s.png
    Thanks.

Ask yourself this. We asked for conquest and got Ewok Hunt, do you honestly expect us to get anything we want in the future?

Yes I do. I don't expect everything that has been asked for but some items could be added like new starfighters and maps to improve and keep the SA mode active. Work on the hit detection would be appreciated.
    Ask yourself this. Should we just stop discussing SA, the thread you started, (thanks for that) and let this die or should we continue to attempt to communicate to DICE/Criterion what the community would like to see in SA in a manner that is receptive to achieving positive results? So far this thread has been pretty much on topic without deteriorating into childish nonsense we've seen happen in threads regarding other game modes. Like many I was disappointed that SA got no love in this upcoming update and was why I tagged @F8RGE and asked for some communication about the mode. If he answers great, if not then I guess I have my answer.
    I don't know h, maybe you are having a bad day but I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Happy hunting.

I didn't mean it to come across like that, so I apologise if that's how it seemed. All I meant is that we've been asking for all sorts of stuff, and got things we didn't ask for, or even remotely hint at. It would seem that since the progression update(for which I do not give them a pass...) this game has a very clear and lineal path that it will not step away from, in terms of it's development.

Honestly though, my main issue is that there was no info reguarding SA coming to Arcade. The worst of that is you don't even need to do much work. Just port it from MP to SP... You already have the AI in place in SA, plus the bombing runs that are done by AI's, so all you need to do is tweak a few numbers and it's done... That's my very limited and basic understanding of it anyway
  • hsf_ wrote: »

vakrwv7l56wy.jpg

b5lkinvt2o4s.png
    Thanks.

Yes I do. I don't expect everything that has been asked for but some items could be added like new starfighters and maps to improve and keep the SA mode active. Work on the hit detection would be appreciated.
    Ask yourself this. Should we just stop discussing SA, the thread you started, (thanks for that) and let this die or should we continue to attempt to communicate to DICE/Criterion what the community would like to see in SA in a manner that is receptive to achieving positive results? So far this thread has been pretty much on topic without deteriorating into childish nonsense we've seen happen in threads regarding other game modes. Like many I was disappointed that SA got no love in this upcoming update and was why I tagged @F8RGE and asked for some communication about the mode. If he answers great, if not then I guess I have my answer.
    I don't know h, maybe you are having a bad day but I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Happy hunting.

I didn't mean it to come across like that, so I apologise if that's how it seemed. All I meant is that we've been asking for all sorts of stuff, and got things we didn't ask for, or even remotely hint at. It would seem that since the progression update(for which I do not give them a pass...) this game has a very clear and lineal path that it will not step away from, in terms of it's development.

Honestly though, my main issue is that there was no info reguarding SA coming to Arcade. The worst of that is you don't even need to do much work. Just port it from MP to SP... You already have the AI in place in SA, plus the bombing runs that are done by AI's, so all you need to do is tweak a few numbers and it's done... That's my very limited and basic understanding of it anyway

I'm right there with you h so no apology needed but thanks just the same.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1194 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Few things that I thought could make SA better
    1. Ion Turret's effect on hero ships

Especially i think about Idens Tie, Tie Advanced, Tie Silencer- it's devastating with little to no skill to use.

2. Add 4th ability to hero Starfighters

I really don't see the point picking Luke over Poe. Luke would definitely use 4th ability (I'd like afterburner but it would make him to similar gameplay wise to Poe) Tie Advanced with his health pool would definitely use Imperial Bombers scrambler, Tallie should have hardlock, found really challenging to fight high level Kylo players thanks to lack of it and their advantage of having it. Yoda needs cooling as fourth ability, his primary is his only way to deal damage. Found Yoda too underwhelming when taking on objective. Kylo should get similar buff to Tallie to balance out that advantage LS has. Poe's ability is countered with Iden.

As I said- Starfighters but not ships. Don't feel like big ships need it (but some of them need some love).

3. Rey's Falcon needs some love

Hardlock on such immobile and clunky ship is completely useless. Primary weapon's damage is underwhelming, considering we're talking about The Millennium Falcon- don't know numbers but feels bit weaker than Hans primary.
    I think the best thing to do is to get rid of hardlock and swap it with turret. That will make her "draw attention" playstyle way more rewarding. Without afterburner that Han's Falcon has she is really struggling when chased and turret would help her definitely.

4. Han's regen

Han is an objective beast, he needs to be in a center of action to be useful. That leads to Ties on his tail. Following tips I found here I started to manoeuvre ships at full speed to make chasing me more challenging. After few crashes I got better at it and found really unrewarding when after impressive manoeuvre I am not able to regenerate bit more by the time Ties on my back catch up. Not a big buff, more like a tweak to make those acrobatics more rewarding

5. Initial spawn on D'Qar

It's terrible, Resistance is on big advantage since start. No one ever in FO team fly higher to counter them.

6. Last shot mechanics

It's really unrewarding when I follow corvette with Bomber for ages and some interceptor that just showed up gets 500 points. Reminds me (changed) mechanic from Hero Hunt that was simply wrong.

What you guys think about it?
    Post edited by KrolJulian1916 on
  • Few things that I thought could make SA better

Especially i think about Idens Tie, Tie Advanced, Tie Silencer- it's devastating with little to no skill to use.

I really don't see the point picking Luke over Poe. Luke would definitely use 4th ability (I'd like afterburner but it would make him to similar gameplay wise to Poe) Tie Advanced with his health pool would definitely use Imperial Bombers scrambler, Tallie should have hardlock, found really challenging to fight high level Kylo players thanks to lack of it and their advantage of having it. Yoda needs cooling as fourth ability, his primary is his only way to deal damage. Found Yoda too underwhelming when taking on objective. Kylo should get similar buff to Tallie to balance out that advantage LS has. Poe's ability is countered with Iden.

As I said- Starfighters but not ships. Don't feel like big ships need it (but some of them need some love).

Hardlock on such immobile and clunky ship is completely useless. Primary weapon's damage is underwhelming, considering we're talking about The Millennium Falcon- don't know numbers but feels bit weaker than Hans primary.
    I think the best thing to do is to get rid of hardlock and swap it with turret. That will make her "draw attention" playstyle way more rewarding. Without afterburner that Han's Falcon has she is really struggling when chased and turret would help her definitely.

4. Han's regen

Han is an objective beast, he needs to be in a center of action to be useful. That leads to Ties on his tail. Following tips I found here I started to manoeuvre ships at full speed to make chasing me more challenging. After few crashes I got better at it and found really unrewarding when after impressive manoeuvre I am not able to regenerate bit more by the time Ties on my back catch up. Not a big buff, more like a tweak to make those acrobatics more rewarding

It's terrible, Resistance is on big advantage since start. No one ever in FO team fly higher to counter them.

6. Last shot mechanics

It's really unrewarding when I follow corvette with Bomber for ages and some interceptor that just showed up gets 500 points. Reminds me (changed) mechanic from Hero Hunt that was simply wrong.

I really would like to see a 4th ability for heroes as well in addition to changing the kill shot reward.

It would be good if we had a list similar to what has been done with the blasters where we could see damage per shot, rate of fire and ranges.
  • Few things that I thought could make SA better

4. Han's regen

6. Last shot mechanics

I really would like to see a 4th ability for heroes as well in addition to changing the kill shot reward.

It would be good if we had a list similar to what has been done with the blasters where we could see damage per shot, rate of fire and ranges.

Yeah totally agree, 4th ability would be awesome and the final shot needs a bit of fixing (don’t know how though)
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    Few things that I thought could make SA better

4. Han's regen

6. Last shot mechanics

Yeah totally agree, 4th ability would be awesome and the final shot needs a bit of fixing (don’t know how though)

Personally I think whenever a corvette or cruiser or an objective in general gets destroyed, there should be a global BP payout. So as things stand, it's 500 per objective destroyed, I would keep that the same, but then give out 300BP to the rest of your team. That way you won't feel so cheated if someone last hits it.

Oh speaking of objectives, did you know if you kill objectives one after the other, they start to stack? The best example is D'Qar with the field generators. I killed 3 in a row and ended up with 3k BP(500, 1000, 1500).
  • mp730wzc74zq.jpg
    jz7f91vsvq9h.jpg
    3ue2xw22kmzx.png
    tupnl7fz1xkg.jpg
    bxwhx6ba7z9p.png

Some nice skins for the Delta-7 if it is ever added to SWBF II.

• hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    Does anyone else notice that sometimes the "Fire Control Cycler" starcard bugs out? As in either the sounds skip or the card just simply refuses to work? It seems to fix its self occasionally when you've been killed or crash, but it's kind of annoying.
    Does anyone else notice that sometimes the "Fire Control Cycler" starcard bugs out? As in either the sounds skip or the card just simply refuses to work? It seems to fix its self occasionally when you've been killed or crash, but it's kind of annoying.
    Yes. I've noticed it, and with other cards. Mostly at the start of a game. Seems like the game sometimes doesn't register any cards equipped. Most annoying with the TIE interceptors for me, as I rely on the improved engine and/or manoeuvrability for those. Leads to rapid death. Which often fixes the problem, though not always.
  • What abilities would you want, or think DICE would add, if they added these new starfighters to the game?

B-wing
    TIE Defender
    Delta-7
    TIE Hunter
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    What abilities would you want, or think DICE would add, if they added these new starfighters to the game?

B-wing
    TIE Defender
    Delta-7
    TIE Hunter

Personally, I think it'll be a mish-mash of what's already in the game. I can't really see them coming up with new abilities and creating new mechanics myself, that would be a lot of work.
  • Psybernaut wrote: »
    Maul is garbo

Hey! I'll have you executed for blasphemy if you spread lies like that. The Scimitar is my second favourite after the TIE Silencer mainly because of that insane rate of fire. Get a heat buildup reduction star card and you have a ship that can cloak, lock-on for extra damage and has a main weapon that can destroy ships faster than the Death Star destroyed Alderaan.

There's only two things that kill me when I'm flying the Scimitar or the Silencer:

1) Being disabled and left vulnerable by Yoda's Ion Pulse or a Y-Wing's Ion Cannon

2) My fancy flying backfiring on me and directing me right into debris or asteroids

Neither of which happen too often...

Yep, these are my favourite ships too.
    I'm not sure how anyone ever gets shot down flying The Scimitar, the cloak makes it very easy to escape any situation and it melts bombers in one quick burst. The Silencer has insanely powerful main guns, the coolest torpedo sound effect and can out-turn most other ships with the right card.

Check this out.
  • For the first time since Christmas i'm finding it difficult to find a match of SFA (on PS4). I tried 4-5 times over the weekend letting the search function run for a good 45-60 secs and only loaded into one match on Kamino that was halfway over. Very disappointing but to be expected because everyone is bored of the same 6 maps. Each patch the main mode is gaining content, balancing and bug fixes while SFA is ignored. We need new content now before the mode dies. If I struggle to find a match I just play a different mode. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
  • For the first time since Christmas i'm finding it difficult to find a match of SFA (on PS4). I tried 4-5 times over the weekend letting the search function run for a good 45-60 secs and only loaded into one match on Kamino that was halfway over. Very disappointing but to be expected because everyone is bored of the same 6 maps. Each patch the main mode is gaining content, balancing and bug fixes while SFA is ignored. We need new content now before the mode dies. If I struggle to find a match I just play a different mode. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Hey we got Iden and her TIE fighter so who needs Obi Wan or Anakin in an Eta-2 Actis class Interceptor? Who wants B-wings, TIE Defenders, the Delta-7 or the TIE Hunter? Who needs a fix for collision detection or to have the TIE Interceptor function properly or any adjustment for the insane grind for hero ship milestones with less than rewarding rewards? I can't wait for yet another edition of the new/old Millennium Falcon we might get in May.
    No one, mods or devs, has said a word about SA other that they are "looking at hero ship milestones." If the SA mode gets ignored in the May release then I'll step away for the game for awhile as like SA, all the other maps/modes are getting stale, predictable and boring due to No New content.
    While SA is a vast improvement over, and a superior mode to SWBF I FS, DICE/Criterion need to add new content, maps, modes, starfighters, heroes and skins or just let the mode die. I would try my hand at HvV again but it seems like every other thread on this forum is about how broken the HvV mode is which seems to get some response from someone at EA or DICE while SA is left to languish with No communication.
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    I think the lack of updates for SA may have to do with Burnout Paradise: Remastered coming out just a month ago and Criterion working to update that. I don't know how big Criterion is, but they may not have the resources to do both at the same time (I'm hoping to be wrong with this).
    It would be great if we get some new content for SA in May, but it would almost certainly tie in with the new Star Wars movie coming out.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think the lack of updates for SA may have to do with Burnout Paradise: Remastered coming out just a month ago and Criterion working to update that. I don't know how big Criterion is, but they may not have the resources to do both at the same time (I'm hoping to be wrong with this).
    It would be great if we get some new content for SA in May, but it would almost certainly tie in with the new Star Wars movie coming out.

That's very unprofessional of them if that's the case, it would probably cement a decision to stop playing this game, that's for sure.

Hey we got Iden and her TIE fighter so who needs Obi Wan or Anakin in an Eta-2 Actis class Interceptor? Who wants B-wings, TIE Defenders, the Delta-7 or the TIE Hunter? Who needs a fix for collision detection or to have the TIE Interceptor function properly or any adjustment for the insane grind for hero ship milestones with less than rewarding rewards? I can't wait for yet another edition of the new/old Millennium Falcon we might get in May.
    No one, mods or devs, has said a word about SA other that they are "looking at hero ship milestones." If the SA mode gets ignored in the May release then I'll step away for the game for awhile as like SA, all the other maps/modes are getting stale, predictable and boring due to No New content.
    While SA is a vast improvement over, and a superior mode to SWBF I FS, DICE/Criterion need to add new content, maps, modes, starfighters, heroes and skins or just let the mode die. I would try my hand at HvV again but it seems like every other thread on this forum is about how broken the HvV mode is which seems to get some response from someone at EA or DICE while SA is left to languish with No communication.

It's frustrating because SFA is great fun and very well made but could be SO much better if they just fixed collision detection and gave us more content e.g. Enforcer ships, Hero ships, maps. They better make it quick because the mode is slowly dying.
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    This is my favorite game mode. But, I have a few beefs:

- where is the B-wing? It's a staple and needs to be in the game
    - Why does the TIE interceptor suck? I never play it because it overheats so fast
    - It needs more maps pretty bad
    - Make torpedoes more effective or faster

Haha, mostly just the B-Wing thing. That's my biggest beef.
  • kjmotz wrote: »
    This is my favorite game mode. But, I have a few beefs:

- where is the B-wing? It's a staple and needs to be in the game
    - Why does the TIE interceptor suck? I never play it because it overheats so fast
    - It needs more maps pretty bad
    - Make torpedoes more effective or faster

Haha, mostly just the B-Wing thing. That's my biggest beef.

Same.

pH
  • I'm guessing that part of the reason the B-Wing would be problematic is because of the janky collision detection. Can you imagine getting snagged on LITERALLY EVERYTHING you fly near in that thing? :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• The Imperial/First Order Interceptor's heat goes up so fast because all four lasers fire at the same time (I think?).

The lasers overheat way too fast compared to Rebel/Resistance Interceptor.

A way to fix the heat issue would be to rotate the firing sequence instead of firing all four at once.

KC
  • The Imperial/First Order Interceptor's heat goes up so fast because all four lasers fire at the same time (I think?).

The lasers overheat way too fast compared to Rebel/Resistance Interceptor.

A way to fix the heat issue would be to rotate the firing sequence instead of firing all four at once.

KC

Yeah, it hits like a ton of bricks but you better be on target.
  • Yeah maybe if wet saber wielding ewoks with jump packs were pilots we'd get some kind of response but as the saying goes: the silence, from EA/DICE/Criterion and the mods on these forums when it comes to the SA mode, is deafening.
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I'm guessing that part of the reason the B-Wing would be problematic is because of the janky collision detection. Can you imagine getting snagged on LITERALLY EVERYTHING you fly near in that thing? :p

Would be like flying Slave 1 sideways I would imagine. I find it more difficult to judge turns with Slave 1 compared to any of the others.
    Yeah maybe if wet saber wielding ewoks with jump packs were pilots we'd get some kind of response but as the saying goes: the silence, from EA/DICE/Criterion and the mods on these forums when it comes to the SA mode, is deafening.

The more I think about Criterion prioritising a remastered game over a currently under development AAA title is infuriating me to the point of no return. Seriously, how bloody incompetent can you be to do that, Burnout Paradise wasn't even that popular! ***** all of them.
  • TheScape
    2309 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I'm guessing that part of the reason the B-Wing would be problematic is because of the janky collision detection. Can you imagine getting snagged on LITERALLY EVERYTHING you fly near in that thing? :p

Would be like flying Slave 1 sideways I would imagine. I find it more difficult to judge turns with Slave 1 compared to any of the others.
    Yeah maybe if wet saber wielding ewoks with jump packs were pilots we'd get some kind of response but as the saying goes: the silence, from EA/DICE/Criterion and the mods on these forums when it comes to the SA mode, is deafening.

The more I think about Criterion prioritising a remastered game over a currently under development AAA title is infuriating me to the point of no return. Seriously, how bloody incompetent can you be to do that, Burnout Paradise wasn't even that popular! **** all of them.

It's even worse if you think about how they still haven't added SA to Arcade, so you can only play it online. All they need to do is make it offline as it is. And if there isn't much objective play because the strafing bomber runs are not enough and it all falls to the real player instead of AI, just make it like the trooper modes in Arcade: either team deathmatch or kill N targets in a set of time.
  • The devs couldn't give two ***** about Star fighter assault. EA has their chains and want then to focus on ground combat to make the battlefield and COD fanboys happy. No one cares about us fly boys.
  • Need more content please.
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    Should Tallie get an Officers Presense type deal when she activates her Blue Leader ability? Iden and Poe get BP when they activate Black Leader and Inferno Leader but Tallie gets nothing.
    Should Tallie get an Officers Presense type deal when she activates her Blue Leader ability? Iden and Poe get BP when they activate Black Leader and Inferno Leader but Tallie gets nothing.

Definitely. I started to use Tallie more frequently after progression update and was surprised I didn't get any BP
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member

Definitely. I started to use Tallie more frequently after progression update and was surprised I didn't get any BP

She's fun to use, especially on Unknown Regions.
  • Tallie's ability is passive in that it regens her health, and those of ships in range. You only earn battle points from edaling damage, or buffing damage which she does not do but Poe and Iden's abilities do.
    All you need to do is just get more kills with her and you won't worry :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Tallie's ability is passive in that it regens her health, and those of ships in range. You only earn battle points from edaling damage, or buffing damage which she does not do but Poe and Iden's abilities do.

Poe and Iden don't do damage with their leader abilities, it's whenever an enemy ship gets killed within the AoE of the leader buff, they get 20BP. Just saying, I think Blue Leader should work the same way as the Officers Presence when it's activated is all. I get plenty of kills with Tallie lol.
  • TheScape
    2309 posts Member
    Tallie's ability is passive in that it regens her health, and those of ships in range. You only earn battle points from edaling damage, or buffing damage which she does not do but Poe and Iden's abilities do.

Poe and Iden don't do damage with their leader abilities, it's whenever an enemy ship gets killed within the AoE of the leader buff, they get 20BP. Just saying, I think Blue Leader should work the same way as the Officers Presence when it's activated is all. I get plenty of kills with Tallie lol.

I agree with you, since it is essentially the same idea as Presence with the added issue that it's an ability with a long cooldown (even if it's just 15BP/healed friendly).
  • Support friendly AI bombing runs by escorting with Tallie’s Blue Leader ability, it’s awesome.
  • Tallie is a great Hero ship in the right circumstances and playstyle.

Boba Fett and Tallie are my two favorite ships with Darth Maul and Poe Dameron as my number twos.

KC