criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I Wanna Play My Way!

I'm not a bad player. I usually end up with anywhere between 1.5 to 2 actual kills per death per match. I like the assault character and the assault guns. However, that's all I get to play.

Since I don't play with body guard or officer's presence or do incredibly well in games, I almost never get a hero. At least in Battlefront 1 I knew where the heroes spawned if I wanted one. In here, I get the chance to face-tank one. Very unfun.

I guess my point is that the Battle Point system wasn't too well thought out. New players (like me) will never get to see a hero unless someone else plays it. In a game where "fun" is supposed to be the deciding factor, I am really bored.

Replies

• Like the previous comment states, you just need to learn the game. The game has a learning curve and can take some getting used to for the average player. When you do get good enough to earn a hero it will feel far more satisfying than if you just stumbled upon a hero token.
  • I can't read this title without Frank's song playing in my head.
    Can't beat 'em? Join 'em. Still can't beat 'em? Login to the forums and cry about it.
  • lok
    967 posts Member
    Using Bounty Hunter card– You gain Battle Points at an increased rate.which will help you achieve points for a hero quicker and kills are not needed as much.
    Do the objective and stay with the yellow guys(your squad) and you will get the points to get a hero.
    GL

• Use the scan dart on door ways where you know there are tons of enemies to grab the assists as they get cleared out. That can really push up your BP.

Otherwise if you really want to try a hero in GA go officer. Farm the BP with the buffs and presence card. It's pretty easy to snag one by phase two. I get that class might not be your style but think of it as just a means to an end.
  • Dash
    11476 posts Member
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    I'm not a bad player. I usually end up with anywhere between 1.5 to 2 actual kills per death per match. I like the assault character and the assault guns. However, that's all I get to play.

Since I don't play with body guard or officer's presence or do incredibly well in games, I almost never get a hero. At least in Battlefront 1 I knew where the heroes spawned if I wanted one. In here, I get the chance to face-tank one. Very unfun.

I guess my point is that the Battle Point system wasn't too well thought out. New players (like me) will never get to see a hero unless someone else plays it. In a game where "fun" is supposed to be the deciding factor, I am really bored.

As the others said, this takes time. But with practice and patience you will do quite well. Try these out and see if they help. They helped many already, maybe they can help you too. Good luck. May the Force be with you, Always.

Read this one first:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/91770/definitive-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-12-25-2017#latest

Then read this one:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/94019/definitive-custom-star-card-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-01-10-2018#latest
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I get around. 15 kills a game in hvV but in galactic I get about 7 to 8 kills but I died about 12 time a game so I’m a Pritty good player I say to you is you need to learn the mapsand pick the hero or class you like to use the most and upgrade cards
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Battlepoint system doesn’t have this problem in a vacuum but with the high TTK and unbalanced playing field (star card system) it creates a large difference between the good and the bad. There is a lot that can be done to help this so maybe down the line.

Overall though, the battlepoint system is still great.
  • Assault has Bounty Hunter card.

Grind it up to epic.

BOUNTY HUNTER , RESOURCEFUL AND TOUGHEN UP should be your go to cards to get to epic.

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    NERFTHEOP wrote: »
    Assault has Bounty Hunter card.

Grind it up to epic.

BOUNTY HUNTER , RESOURCEFUL AND TOUGHEN UP should be your go to cards to get to epic.

All classes have access to bounty hunter card.
  • marroos
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I dont like hero limit in GA. I dont have problem earn 6k -8k points for hero/villain very fast, i just want see (maybe custom game mode) with all 8 heroes/villains in match, something like Frontlines mode from BF1 but 8vs8 heroes active per side + 12 soldiers (20 vs 20 in total). I dont like 2-4 limit in GA. With 8vs8 heroes + 12 soldiers and maybe less point to purchase hero (3-4k) more players can enjoy hero/villain and more often during match. Jezus, i want this custom mode i described.
  • NachoFoot wrote: »

You will get there. Keep practicing and most of all learn the maps. Don't just pto, secure the objective by finding the best spots to hold it down.
  • Alex64
    5621 posts Member
    I did it my way!
  • Derp. With the first credits get into LAAT/MTT or Air vehicle or tank -> 3 minutes later you have the credits for a hero.

Easy.
  • HvV... you can play all the heroes you want.