criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The growing cheater infestation (PC at least)

savemejebus
351 posts Member
edited January 2018
Ive been playing an average of 4 hours daily on the PC since release, and server hop depending on the time of day.

I can no longer ignore the increasing no. of hackers and cheaters infesting GA and ruining the fun for those of us who only want a fair fight. Aimbotting snipers, cheaters running around with invulnerable characters and who know exactly where every player is without Rey or scramble infiltration. And just yesterday there was a persistent hacker who was oneshotting everyone with a basic officer pistol.

Getting into a match without a hacker on either side is now the exception rather than the norm, especially on Asia servers. This is not a knock on the ethnic group in general and I'm Asian myself. But it sucks when I prefer to play at odd hours when the US servers are more active.

I can tolerate the glacial post-MT progression system and the carpet bombing approach to nerfs (super afterthought sentry), but why are you not doing enough to stem the blatantly obvious increase in the no. of Hackers?

Don't quote me the same canned response about reporting them. I and I'm sure many others have done that, and yet I still see the same stinkers night after night cheating with impunity.

If you don't care about your game anymore (perhaps because daddy Disney ruined your MT party), then say so.

If you CAN'T detect the cheaters, then program the game better.

Do something PLEASE, and soon. I really want to continue liking this game.
Post edited by savemejebus on

Replies

• There’s been much less hacking since the patch.
  • llboogiell wrote: »
    There’s been much less hacking since the patch.

Well since (stupid) forum rules do not allow me to name the hackers and share evidence, it's just your view vs mine. And all I can say to that is I disagree.

I'll be more than happy if you are right though. Maybe the matches from now on will have far less hackers because boogie said that on the forums.

A Hew Hope.
  • Thanks for the terminology clarification. Cheaters they are then.

While it's nice to know that most/some cheaters will end up facing karmic justice, most of us players would prefer that we shouldn't have to put up with them in the first place.

And prevention is what EA/DICE has not been doing enough of.

(Just left a match at the lobby because TWO known cheats are in my team. How lovely).
  • play console
    problem solved
    pc users are only 10% of SWBF2 players. Just sayin
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    play console
    problem solved

Its just not PC as well. There in console too, less numbers to
  • What the actual eff is that video though? Never seen one like this before.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
    play console
    problem solved
    But ya know people gotta play on “pc master race”
    play console
    problem solved

That's a PC video, you can see origin at 4:00.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    EightMile wrote: »
    play console
    problem solved

[EA_Lanna: Removed personal comment]

Consoles have about the majority when combined in player base, However, PC has the best players & Experience. The hardware provides better quality and response when it comes to the in game action and experience.

This is also known by all. But what’s important is that Everyone is having fun no matter what Platform they’re on.

Now back to the OP, yes the Cheating Issue is on a slight rise on PC. But for every 10 cheaters you see, they’re gone the following month. If you “see them again”, it’s the program for cheating name masking program that also changes the name in game and on the account. So chances are they used the stock “name generated” and that’s why you “see the same guy”. Don’t worry, Origin on PC does it’s job. Report then block. Or more precise, Press Escape, Click Scoreboard, double click cheaters name, report then block.

I don’t know what’s going on with console, but if it’s reaching there... that sucks.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited February 2018

There is no “Consoles vs PC”, you have your platform, and you play on it, and have fun. That’s it.

Consoles are $500 pcs with a different name dude. You can’t compare that to a persons custom build. That’s pointless.

There is no “War between platforms” lol
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I haven't been having many problems with hackers except from one guy this week. I would tell his name, but it's against the forum rules. Fortunately, he often leaves after two matches or so, probably to minimize the amount of reports.

And I don't think it's a generic name in his case. I've seen suspicious players before, but he's the first one that I'm 100% sure is cheating.
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I guess I dont see people "cheating" on consoles. Im sure you can do it but I just assume good players are good players on consoles. I guess I need to research the mod controllers on consoles.
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • Ah, the famed "master race". lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
    I guess I dont see people "cheating" on consoles. Im sure you can do it but I just assume good players are good players on consoles. I guess I need to research the mod controllers on consoles.

Don't some hackers have aim bots on consoles? I'm pretty sure they are out there doing this lame stuff but not as prevalent as PC hackers.

Don't some hackers have aim bots on consoles? I'm pretty sure they are out there doing this lame stuff but not as prevalent as PC hackers.

There are modded controllers that have a burst mode and aiming mods. I dont know how effective they are though.
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • llboogiell wrote: »
    There’s been much less hacking since the patch.

I'd like say I am experiencing way more hacking. But maybe I now know they are hacking.

I have to say before the patch I repeatedly got shot through walls.

Since the patch I don't get shot through walls but I have been, when full health as a hero one shot killed by TL-50. When full health as Officer, on shot killed by A280.

Yesterday in GA as Han Solo I was chasing a rocket trooper. None of my shots hit him, but while he was facing away and trying to run, I got repeatedly shot by said rocket trooper and killed.

That's only the ones I realised - there must be hundreds of other times when you are aimbotted or ESP-ed and didn't know about it.
    play console
    problem solved

Consoles have about the majority when combined in player base, However, PC has the best players & Experience. The hardware provides better quality and response when it comes to the in game action and experience.

This is also known by all. But what’s important is that Everyone is having fun no matter what Platform they’re on.

Now back to the OP, yes the Cheating Issue is on a slight rise on PC. But for every 10 cheaters you see, they’re gone the following month. If you “see them again”, it’s the program for cheating name masking program that also changes the name in game and on the account. So chances are they used the stock “name generated” and that’s why you “see the same guy”. Don’t worry, Origin on PC does it’s job. Report then block. Or more precise, Press Escape, Click Scoreboard, double click cheaters name, report then block.

I don’t know what’s going on with console, but if it’s reaching there... that sucks.

Thanks I might try that. Do I need video evidence?
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    play console
    problem solved

Thanks I might try that. Do I need video evidence?

All you have to do is report and block them. Then when they review that account they compare the program resources being run while HE played, compared to those of how everyone else plays. If his CPU is running more programs in the background OR more specifically a third party program that entangles/intertwines with the Battlefront game, that means he’s cheating. That’s all the proof you need.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TLDR: cheaters run rampant on weekends.

@Dash_Gaming I worry the anti-cheat team doesn’t have ‘round-the-clock staffing and we both know FairFight’s auto-policing is disabled in this game. It seems weekends, these guys run free, without consequence even when the majority of the 40 players in that lobby report them. I had to drop lobby twice yesterday because some dude, who probably amassed hundreds of reports over a few hours period, was blatantly aimbotting and taunting people about it all evening long.
    You know full well I can differentiate between good players and cheaters, and he was on our team.

Something needs to be done here, whether it’s better staffing or just letting Fairfight handle things on the weekends. Then they can review anyone that allegedly got banned unjustly when they come back to work on Monday.

Sry for the long read.
    NeoX
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have noticed a significant decline in cheaters since last patch; however, i think this is just a function of the patch having broken the popular public hacks... over time all those cheaters will find new hacks to use unless they are banned... and I have seen some of the same cheaters this week as i did a month+ ago, so i don't think many are being banned.
  • Alwe15
    1032 posts Member
    play console
    problem solved

I watched less than 3 minutes of your video because that made me so angry! How did you remain so calm?!
  • Alwe15
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    How does the "block" function work? Is the cheater unable to kill you?

• All you have to do is report and block them. Then when they review that account they compare the program resources being run while HE played, compared to those of how everyone else plays. If his CPU is running more programs in the background OR more specifically a third party program that entangles/intertwines with the Battlefront game, that means he’s cheating. That’s all the proof you need.

What? No. Who told you that? That's entirely not right.

There's nothing on your computer that checks on third party hooks. All it might do is flag your account as abnormal at which point Fairfight orders random screenshots which good cheaters can avoid.

Best thing to do is report, quit, and find another game. Cheaters don't exhibit random patterns like normal players and are easy to spot.

play console
    problem solved

Theres people that actually go out of their way to cheat on consoles? Holy cow batman you need to literally get the cheat on PC, then transport it to your console, then install it there, etc. He did all that work only to be banned within the next day...
    224starwars-1434151135.gif?quality=.8&height=213&width=500
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    play console
    problem solved

Theres people that actually go out of their way to cheat on consoles? Holy cow batman you need to literally get the cheat on PC, then transport it to your console, then install it there, etc. He did all that work only to be banned within the next day...

Nah, google it. Apparently there are USB sticks that give you aim hacks, and controllers with already built-in software. It's all a question of the money.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    NachoFoot wrote: »

All you have to do is report and block them. Then when they review that account they compare the program resources being run while HE played, compared to those of how everyone else plays. If his CPU is running more programs in the background OR more specifically a third party program that entangles/intertwines with the Battlefront game, that means he’s cheating. That’s all the proof you need.

There's nothing on your computer that checks on third party hooks. All it might do is flag your account as abnormal at which point Fairfight orders random screenshots which good cheaters can avoid.

Best thing to do is report, quit, and find another game. Cheaters don't exhibit random patterns like normal players and are easy to spot.

Noooooo sir, it’s not what I’m told. It’s what I know. The CPU resources, the programs being run in the background, as well as the players activity and input some during the time of report are all accounted for.

For example, if Homeboy got a 290 Killstreak, and while he did that he was reported, and it was found that he had a program using resources in the background that ties into the game he’s cheating. What do you think the anti chat system is? Psychic!?

As more new programs are made, the database is updated like Virus definition libraries not for Norton, and the cycle begins again and again. The game gets a patch, the hackers patch their program they sold, and boom, over and over.

What the system does is look at the User in and around time of Report, checks out stats for game, checks out system activity, checks account report history, checks frequency of reports and done.

And as for the “nothing on your computer to check”, what do you think Origin does besides Be the library and store to your game collection and account information!? Think long and hard about what Purposes Origin serves its clients as well.

You can turn crash and system reporting off, doesn’t mayyer, you cheat, your caught, and Origin is what helps catch you, the very program you launch from. Fairfight and Other anti cheats are tied directly into it.
    Post edited by Dash on

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NachoFoot wrote: »

Noooooo sir, it’s not what I’m told. It’s what I know. The CPI resources, the programs being run in the background, as well as the players activity and input some during the time of report are all accounted for.

For example, if Homeboy got a 290 Killstreak, and while he did that he was reported, and it wasn’t found that he had a program using resources in the background that ties into the game he’s cheating. What do you think the anti chat system is? Psychic!?

As more new programs are made, the database is updated like Virus definition libraries not for Norton, and the cycle begins again and again. The game gets a patch, the hackers patch their program they sold, and boom, over and over.

What the system does is look at the User in and around time of Report, checks out stats for game, checks out system activity, checks account report history, checks frequency of reports and done.

And as for the “nothing on your computer to check”, what do you think Origin does besides Be the library and store to your game collection and account information!? Think long and hard about what Purposes Origin serves its clients as well.

You can turn crash and system reporting off, doesn’t mayyer, you cheat, your caught, and Origin is what helps catch you, the very program you launch from. Fairfight and Other anti cheats are tied directly into it.

Yeah. Though they do need to ban cheaters faster though.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• viperwolf02
    284 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a list of 9 that I know are cheating. The entire team(most not all) has noticed and called them out, along with video footage me and friends collect. You can catch them if you have someone on their team working with you. Even with the evidence, and reports, those same players are still there. Two even admitted to it on the chat, which was recorded and sent in by someone. One was trying his hardest to get banned, and was begging people to report him.

They are still playing, take that how you want.
    play console
    problem solved

I reported this fcktrd 3-4 weeks ago, also directly at support.

EA gives a *****, they are not able to ban cheaters.
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    [EA_Lanna: Removed inappropriate comment]
    I play on Pc im not going to buy a **** gay console and i dont see to many cheaters or hackers, and if i saw one, i use the report and problem solved.... and where is my disagree button to dissagree on most of some **** comments

There is no “Consoles vs PC”, you have your platform, and you play on it, and have fun. That’s it.

Consoles are $500 pcs with a different name dude. You can’t compare that to a persons custom build. That’s pointless.

There is no “War between platforms” lol

There isn't a war as such, but there is definitely animosity between the two communities. You see this a lot on Rocket League for example.
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Just report them
  • OlGr777
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    In a game this evening with a guy called [Name removed] who freely admitted to cheating. Wall hack and damage, was one shotting heroes and everyone else with the CR2. Reported en masse so let's see how long it takes for anything to happen.

My guess; never
  • I've come to believe that EA simply can't keep up with the cheaters, in that their detection software isn't able to do it's job well enough.

This is compounded by the game's mechanics, which can sometimes make a cheater look legitimate and vice versa.

Things like getting one shotted by the Blurgg, enemies knowing exactly where you are, ping compensation (getting shot despite ducking behind cover)...
  • viperwolf02
    284 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    OlGr777 wrote: »
    In a game this evening with a guy called
    O********g
    who freely admitted to cheating. Wall hack and damage, was one shotting heroes and everyone else with the CR2. Reported en masse so let's see how long it takes for anything to happen.

My guess; never

You er going to get this thread locked if you do not edit the name
  • Pc is full of cheats on literally every game
  • Darth_SpawnKiller
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2018

#AngerIssues
  • Darth_SpawnKiller
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Vilpire wrote: »
    0Skywalker wrote: »
    play console
    problem solved

Nah, google it. Apparently there are USB sticks that give you aim hacks, and controllers with already built-in software. It's all a question of the money.

Highly doubt it on XBL.....

First, I rarely seen anyone go over 50 kills unless their Palpatine, using a fighter in GA, or in the at-st.

Second, if you get caught cheating it's a lifetime console and account ban.

In short, it's just not worth it unless you like buying a new console and completely new account.
    Post edited by Darth_SpawnKiller on

• Noooooo sir, it’s not what I’m told. It’s what I know. The CPU resources, the programs being run in the background, as well as the players activity and input some during the time of report are all accounted for.

For example, if Homeboy got a 290 Killstreak, and while he did that he was reported, and it was found that he had a program using resources in the background that ties into the game he’s cheating. What do you think the anti chat system is? Psychic!?

I know that's not what you're told but this game only uses FairFight. If you look up FairFight, you'll see how it operates. Fairfight is entirely on a separate server. It doesn't touch your computer at all.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Xbox One X all good over here. Fairly even teams, once in awhile there's a lethal team that smokes us, otherwise fair & fun.

Why is everyone head-first playing on PC and simultaneously complaining about cheaters!? sell that junk and buy a console dummies!
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Hackers are very rare. Cheaters, however. A hacker write his own scripts, cheaters use scripts that hackers wrote. So please, refer to them as cheaters. Because cheaters have no skills. As gamer, and not as a programmer. They are the lowest rank, and therefor do not refer to them or "honor" them by calling them hackers. They are cheaters only, and they know it.

In the end, cheaters will end up as the most cheated ones, because many hackers also put virus and backdoors on their computers when they install or run the scripts. Thats the level of intelligence we are dealing with here, and it is at the same time somehow a funny irony. When speaking of the concept "detection".

Thanks for the insight.....makes a lot of sense
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    NachoFoot wrote: »

Noooooo sir, it’s not what I’m told. It’s what I know. The CPU resources, the programs being run in the background, as well as the players activity and input some during the time of report are all accounted for.

I know that's not what you're told but this game only uses FairFight. If you look up FairFight, you'll see how it operates. Fairfight is entirely on a separate server. It doesn't touch your computer at all.

You do understand that whatever anti cheat is used, it is connected to the platforms reporting system right? Consoles = Connected to PSN/Xbox, PC’s Origin. Each have individual teams designated to investigate. Consoles = modded controllers and USB Cheating program loading, PC = Cheaters in general.

I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. There’s the Anti cheat, there’s the Platform investigation team, and TOGETHER, they accomplish what I’m saying. There is no ifs and or buts, I’m straight up telling you how it works. The only thing Not being disclosed is the HOW they do it precisely.

And it’s easier to detect/investigate on consoles because it’s the same Hardware for its user base and when a game is played the processor and software isolates anything that’s not needed for resources to run the game as smooth as possible. Which makes an “Extra 3rd party program” much easier to detect.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• A-ha, I knew it. Origin has been eating so much resources and it’s such a poor functioning platform, it had to have a purpose other than giving me headaches.
    I mean for Yoda’s sake, half the time people’s profile pages or friends’ message windows aren’t loading, just showing blank windows.
    NeoX
  • Hackers are very rare. Cheaters, however. A hacker write his own scripts, cheaters use scripts that hackers wrote. So please, refer to them as cheaters. Because cheaters have no skills. As gamer, and not as a programmer. They are the lowest rank, and therefor do not refer to them or "honor" them by calling them hackers. They are cheaters only, and they know it.

In the end, cheaters will end up as the most cheated ones, because many hackers also put virus and backdoors on their computers when they install or run the scripts. Thats the level of intelligence we are dealing with here, and it is at the same time somehow a funny irony. When speaking of the concept "detection".

OMG get over yourself!
  • IIPrest0nII
    4574 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hi all,

Thread closed due to numerous violations of the forums rules: Star Wars Battlefront Forum Rules & Guidelines
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!