criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Animation Makes You Immune To Abilities

Sgt_Fergus
2186 posts Member
edited January 2018
I have been noticing all day while playing that when ever someone is doing something, not just rolling, like using vanguard or sentry etc. That animation makes them immune to any hero effects. Best example was on GA Jakku I used Palpatine and used Dark Aura and as i was moving like to this Assault player he pulled out his vanguard which during the entire animation wouldn't take damage until he fully deployed the shotgun and so i killed him but i see a heavy drop down so i try to use my shock/stun ability as my dark aura wore off and, when i did, he used sentry at the same moment and while in animation to deploy sentry he remained unaffected by the shock ability and so was able to fire at me and do a lot of damage even though he should of been stun and unable to move so i could electrocute and kill him with ease. But because he pulled out the sentry right as the shock wave was about to hit him, it nullified the ability.

This isn't the only time though today. while going for the hero kills i was playing as darth maul and tried to use choke ability on someone playing as chewie but it had no affect as right as i used choke ability he activated he bowcaster ability and so nothing happened to him and then started blasting away. is this a new glitch people have found to make it so they can null out heroes ability to affect them? I made sure it was clear as day when i activated my abilities so there would be no denying they were in the affected area. This really needs to get fixed, idc what ability to activate, if i use force choke, you get affected, if you pull out the sentry chaingun, thats totally cool ya way to go pulling out a sentry gun its nice and shiny but that should not ever stop my shock ability from affecting the players it hits. This i guess is a new glitch or something where you can null out peoples damage temporary and cause game breaking unbalance situations. Please fix this.

I knew about rolling how it can sometimes nullify any hero abilities on initial activation while performing the animation but this was rather annoying. Gonna play something else for the time being as this is making the game way unbalanced but needed to post this as this looks like the game isn't designed to allow players to be affected while they perform their animations.
Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Bro, put some paragraphs while writing, please
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2186 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    mathxlrose wrote: »
    Bro, put some paragraphs while writing, please

Please don't troll, there are paragraphs. paragraphs typically contain around 3 to 5 sentences but can contain more. please do not Grammar **** this post and stay on topic. thank you :)
  • mathxlrose
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm not trolling, I'm just givin an advice. I already read other players telling you this on this forum. lol

The way you put the sentences makes it really annoying/confused to read.
  • Sorry if I offended you.

Back to the thread, never happenned to me.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Sorry if I offended you.

it doesn't happen perfectly but sees well timed that if you are in the midst of an animation when something like a force choke or force push or shock wave etc is suppose to hit n affect you, it actually cancels it out as if nothing happened at all. so because if it, when i was palpy i got killed because the sentry guy was unaffected by the shock n i was stuck trying to complete the animation, which palpy is longer to do and so by then i was dead before i could make it around a corner.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Sorry if I offended you.

I finally got a clip of it, haven't been playing enough because of the duplicate credit issue but i felt like playing today. So like usual I'm pwning noobs who are all 3 cards all purple while i got my common level cards or no card slot filled and as i'm going around racking up points i get enough points in phase 1 to get palpy so i buy him. i'll trying to take the the other objective as i almost single handedly took the other objective like a true Chad because the team they lined me up with were mostly a bunch of scrubs who have both ATSTs out but they take even 1% health loss and they are like "OMGz i have to run away and hide and put a band-aid on because I'm too much of a wimp to fight if I don't have 100% HP". so im Palpy by myself trying to cap the junk yard and this wanna be chad tries to take me head on. so i go to do the stun and he goes "oh roll right when he does the zap affect, even though it is suppose to shock me, because the game is broken, it won't register affect me"

This has to get fixed ASAP as this makes it so abilities are pointless if you just roll to evade or you active your ability before the enemy hero does it will not have any affect on you.

Examples in the clip are at -1:25 and -0:41. At -1:25 I'm up in that enemy's face and i do it and he just rolls out of it with no affect, but manages to shock himself with his own nade. i know someone would try to excuse it as saying it could have been a slight delay so -0:41 is the perfect example where the enemy officer is well within the shockwave and even when he rolls he is still within it but no shock affect applies to him at all. this has to get fix where if i do a shock affect with palpy, or a choke with vader or darth, they have to apply regardless if they did a roll or activated a sentry or pulled out vanguard regardless, i used my ability on you you should be affected.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sgt Fergus/video/43688948
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2186 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Looks like someone else covered this too. That you just have to roll, jump, activate an ability etc and palpys shock wave won't do anything to them. I notice you can do this against other character but this apparently has become well noticed. If you see a shock wave coming at you, just roll or something and it cancels on the effect that hit you as if nothing happened at all.

• hsf_
    1618 posts Member
    Can also put Yoda's push ability in there too. Stood behind someone(Maul) on Jakku and used the push ability on him and it did nothing, no stumble animation, no ragdoll, nothing. Same thing happened on Hoth, went behind Vader who was running(not blocking) so I force pushed him and nothing, no stumble, no ragdoll etc. This has also happened in Onslaught in Arcade mode, I had 5 droids in front of me, I used the force push, 1 of them(at the very back...) took damage, none of the others did. So it's not like I wasn't in range and they weren't rolling...

My friend who frequently plays Luke, has also complained of his force abilities being "ignored" by other players. I'm inclined to believe him because he hasn't any reason to lie, he's not competitive, he doesn't care for stats and isn't usually one to complain.

Kylo Ren - Where do I begin? His Frenzy is useless half the time, as even after the rolling animation, they don't take damage from the remaining strikes, they do the stumbling animation like they're meant to be taking damage, but they just don't. Additionally, his force pull is temperamental at best, I've pulled people that aren't even close to being in range, as well as having no effect on people in range.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Can also put Yoda's push ability in there too. Stood behind someone(Maul) on Jakku and used the push ability on him and it did nothing, no stumble animation, no ragdoll, nothing. Same thing happened on Hoth, went behind Vader who was running(not blocking) so I force pushed him and nothing, no stumble, no ragdoll etc. This has also happened in Onslaught in Arcade mode, I had 5 droids in front of me, I used the force push, 1 of them(at the very back...) took damage, none of the others did. So it's not like I wasn't in range and they weren't rolling...

My friend who frequently plays Luke, has also complained of his force abilities being "ignored" by other players. I'm inclined to believe him because he hasn't any reason to lie, he's not competitive, he doesn't care for stats and isn't usually one to complain.

Kylo Ren - Where do I begin? His Frenzy is useless half the time, as even after the rolling animation, they don't take damage from the remaining strikes, they do the stumbling animation like they're meant to be taking damage, but they just don't. Additionally, his force pull is temperamental at best, I've pulled people that aren't even close to being in range, as well as having no effect on people in range.

Ya i actually think i have seen that with yoda. i don't use yoda anymore because i find him very useless. at this point the only heroes worth using are Han, Leia, Finn, Chewie, sometimes Lando and villains, Maul, Bossk, Palpy. Boba is pretty much garbage after last patch. He really didn't need that last nerf they did. That was overkill.
  • hsf_
    1618 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »

Ya i actually think i have seen that with yoda. i don't use yoda anymore because i find him very useless. at this point the only heroes worth using are Han, Leia, Finn, Chewie, sometimes Lando and villains, Maul, Bossk, Palpy. Boba is pretty much garbage after last patch. He really didn't need that last nerf they did. That was overkill.

In the update thread there is a twitter post about Boba having really low numbers at distance, so people are confirming that as a buff.