criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Thoughts on the officer

I think battle commands should only affect you if you bost someone from your team, and I think all pistols should be nerfed just a bit, not too much

Replies

• I'm for the universal weapon damage reduction, by 30%. This will stop the officer from being a DPS machine and simultaneously help to tone down the BP generation a little.
  • Dash
    11526 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think battle commands should only affect you if you bost someone from your team, and I think all pistols should be nerfed just a bit, not too much

I Need More context please.

What pistols, what tweaks do you suggest implementing?

What issues have you encountered while playing?

What’s your in game experience and time played?

What do you Main?

What have you tried to counter when you experienced your issues with the officer class?

I need to know more than just “nerf it a little”.

If you can, please elaborate for me so I can better understand your POV.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I think battle commands should only affect you if you bost someone from your team, and I think all pistols should be nerfed just a bit, not too much

What do you Main?

What have you tried to counter when you experienced your issues with the officer class?

Yes, sorry for my lack of context, I will answer your questions in order:
    1. The blurrg because it’s still almost one shot and the SE-44C (with modifiers) because it almost has no overheating and his fire rate is similar to the CR-2! (This are only my thoughts) I think they should decrease the damage from distance, I mean just a minimal tweak, not as big as the supercharged sentry
    2. The main issue is that when you’re almost killing an officer that is alone, or he heals himself or he starts to jump and roll shooting like a maniac
    3. I have played since launch nearly one hour per day and I have almost mastered the assault (I think)
    4. It’s just that the best players in the game are always officers and they get always the heroe first than anyone else and nobody kills me more times than the officer
    This are just my opinions, but anyways, what do you think?
    An apologize for my bad english
  • Cursedyou wrote: »
    can everyone on this forum **** about officers? Seeing officer posts everyday

They all managed to drive the heavy into utter uselessness so the majority nerf train has moved on to the officer since it's what they are being killed by the most now. It's a never ending **** storm that companies actually listen to until a game is completely ruined. Does the game need some balance, yes, but this jumping from class to class whining is what ruins games. Let's say we nerf the **** out of the officer next, then what?
  • Dash
    11526 posts Member

What do you Main?

1. The blurrg because it’s still almost one shot and the SE-44C (with modifiers) because it almost has no overheating and his fire rate is similar to the CR-2! (This are only my thoughts) I think they should decrease the damage from distance, I mean just a minimal tweak, not as big as the supercharged sentry
    2. The main issue is that when you’re almost killing an officer that is alone, or he heals himself or he starts to jump and roll shooting like a maniac
    3. I have played since launch nearly one hour per day and I have almost mastered the assault (I think)
    4. It’s just that the best players in the game are always officers and they get always the heroe first than anyone else and nobody kills me more times than the officer

Don’t worry about your English you wrote that very well. And thank you for responding. It’s always great to get feedback with details. You did AWESOME!!! :)

Ok so I'll respond in order also:

1. The Blurrg is STRONG! Even after it's nerf. But it isn't a one shot. It's a 3/4 round burst fire per trigger pull pistol. Each part of each burst has to be aimed or it misses. As for the SE-44C, it is also a powerful weapon, it's my personal favorite when I play Officer. It's the final unlock weapon for Officers, it should be Powerful like it is. It's a solid well rounded weapon. I know a lot of people that switch between the Blurrg and SE-44C between game sto mix it up. Both are very good for the Officer in defending themselves as they Defend their team and support.

2. Officers are a tricky bunch to kill. Just make sure when you engage Any enemy, especially an officer you flank them. If you can't at least use your current class to it's maximum potential. Always engage at the right time, and always be aware of who else might be there too. If the situation looks good, go for it. if it doesn't wait a little then engage when you feel more comfortable or try another approach.

3 Nice job! You certainly put in a lot of time and practice into the game! :) Assault is my main class too! Love that class. They are the KING'S of pressure and flanking!

4. Not all the best players are Officers. Some find them easier to gain points for Heroes with, Others LOVE to Support their team and help on Objectives. Also the class is Awesome! Who wouldn't want to be an Officer!? :)

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Another officer thread! Awesome. So nerf officer battle command and all pistols. OP thank you for your opinion. You are an important part of this community and your voice will not go unheard.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • I think battle commands should only affect you if you bost someone from your team, and I think all pistols should be nerfed just a bit, not too much
    Battle command only effecting you would be counter intuitive, I think you mean just your allies.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member

What do you Main?

Billy-D_Approves.gif
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    EightMile wrote: »
    Another officer thread! Awesome. So nerf officer battle command and all pistols. OP thank you for your opinion. You are an important part of this community and your voice will not go unheard.

b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821db02098b3551f8f.jpg
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Another officer thread! Awesome. So nerf officer battle command and all pistols. OP thank you for your opinion. You are an important part of this community and your voice will not go unheard.

Nah, a support class doesn't need guns.

For that amount of freeloading cheap BP they gain for doing nothing and just hangin' 'round, they should have to rely on their team to save them.

Period.

For that amount of freeloading cheap BP they gain for doing nothing and just hangin' 'round, they should have to rely on their team to save them.

Period.

That would be way too extreme. They should still have some damage dealing capabilities. Just not on par or even better than the classes they are supposed to support.

Either make the officer the support class that the game says he's supposed to be, or give him a permanent Blurgg and another 250HP and turn him into a reinforcement. He's that versatile right now.
  • Silverback
    220 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Cursedyou wrote: »

Probably cos it's the go-to class for fast battle point accumulation via passive or aggressive gameplay.
    You can do something similar with the heavy class but it needs to actually be played more aggressively.

(edited for truth and justice) :)

Period.

That would be way too extreme. They should still have some damage dealing capabilities. Just not on par or even better than the classes they are supposed to support.

Either make the officer the support class that the game says he's supposed to be, or give him a permanent Blurgg and another 250HP and turn him into a reinforcement. He's that versatile right now.

I was being sarcastic. ;)

But I agree, Officer should be support class not agressive shooter.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Any chance of just making the other classes more appealing?
  • Can we just give the Assault class 500hp and twin Blurrgs already, maybe then we can leave Officers alone.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • bfloo
    14423 posts Member
    Adjust the battle command so it only gives points if you buffed injured team mates and the battle point exploit is solved.

People complain ttk is too slow in this game then want to nerf the only weapon with a faster ttk. Make up your minds!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Rogozhi wrote: »
    I've been playing heavy the last few days and am starting to see why people are complaining. When an officer sees you they pull the trigger and you die. Despite being the heavy class with the highest HP in the game.

Isn't that a bit absurd? Even one v one at medium range as a heavy you need to hit head shots for an extended period of time to bring someone down. With the Blurrg it's one or maybe two pulls of the trigger.

Only at short range, anything beyond short range and the officer will require two rounds of 4 bursts to down a heavy. Thats assuming headshots.

If an officer hits all 8 shots at medium range to your head, thats pretty sharp skills. At short range they would still need to hit 3 of the 4 shots from a burst.

With body shots they need to hit 7 shots out of 2 bursts of 4.

The problem with a bluurg nerf that hits damage is that it completely destroys any newbie players. reducing the bluurgs power by 30% will reduce its head shot damage from 70 to 49. At which point a player coming into the game and getting the bluurg would need to hit all his shots, across two bursts, from his weapon to the head to down an assault player at short range. Given that each burst takes one second to fire, then chances of doing so would be likely zero. So we are then talking a 3 second ttk for officers against assaults. When they have the CR2.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Adjust the battle command so it only gives points if you buffed injured team mates and the battle point exploit is solved.

People complain ttk is too slow in this game then want to nerf the only weapon with a faster ttk. Make up your minds!

No this is wrong, the whole point of the battle command is not that. It should be used on your team mates to buff them before entering an area so you can assault it with high HP.

I would say don't give BPs in the first 20 seconds from spawn, and maybe decrease the number of BPs for a boost given normally, but give an increased amount when you are within 20m of an objective.
  • bfloo
    14423 posts Member
    Bovine74 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

No this is wrong, the whole point of the battle command is not that. It should be used on your team mates to buff them before entering an area so you can assault it with high HP.

I would say don't give BPs in the first 20 seconds from spawn, and maybe decrease the number of BPs for a boost given normally, but give an increased amount when you are within 20m of an objective.

This is the same exploit people used in the last game with the bacta bomb to get their trait leveled up.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• koprich
    1438 posts Member
    I think battle command should reward score if the target takes damage. That’s what the armour is there for aftearall.

It doesn’t last long enough to get assists and flat score is abusable
  • Versatti
    1861 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Positives

Strong Pistoleer

‘Some’ good abilities like Flash Grenade and Disruption

Fun to Play

Negatives

‘Some’ sucky abilities like Homing **** (I mean shot) and both the Defuser and Blast Command abilities are pretty questionable in terms of functionality.

Easy to exploit Battle Points with the right loadout

Night vision attachment appears buggy and Ion attachment seems weak

Buggy Turret placement
  • So, with all of this, the officer should be nerfed, his weapons, battle points he earns and the way of it, or buff some of his abilitys?
    I have my own reasons for want the officers to be tweaked, but, is that I’m a bad player or is something else?
    I think one of the biggest problems in this forum is that anyone agrees with anyone
    So, which could be the solution?

LMAO. Yep, what was once SCS is now officers/Palpy. Once they get the nerf, it will be assault vanguard...and on and on the tears will flow.
    Can't beat 'em? Join 'em. Still can't beat 'em? Login to the forums and cry about it.

LMAO. Yep, what was once SCS is now officers/Palpy. Once they get the nerf, it will be assault vanguard...and on and on the tears will flow.

Part of the reason they are all over officer now is SCS with its teriffic damage and range was keeping officers in check somewhat. Instead of a small tweak it got made useless and it seems to me that the class balance shifted to the point where people now think officers are OP. (probably the same people that were crying about SCS)
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Officer is very present and very correct
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • MWB33
    1376 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Remember, a gamer's strength flows from variety. But beware...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you...the nerf side are they. Once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
    Post edited by MWB33 on
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Azier77
    167 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My support Officer will gladly trade in all his pistols for a Flash Grenade launcher, similar to Barrage ;)
    Thank you very much for the reading Chokoon.

"Azier77, there's something very interesting going on with your Midi-Chlorian. The sample you send in sits at approximately 1,100. However, the specimen shows an unnatural behavior. This is extremely rare but it appeared that the density of Midi-Chlorian in your blood was altered at a different part of the body. Although the exact amount is unknown, further scan shows the Dorsal medial prefrontal cortex, which is situated in the frontal lobe region of your brain, carries the highest density of Midi-Chlorian. Studies have shown that the activity of this specific part of the brain was heightened massively during meditation. This is assorted directly with one potent force power, Battle Meditation. It looks like you're gifted with an ability of Battle Meditation, the power that can win the entire wars. This is already rare in itself, only a scarce number or Jedi has seen to use this force. But with proper training, you may find yourself using it to the highest potential."
  • 4. It’s just that the best players in the game are always officers and they get always the heroe first than anyone else and nobody kills me more times than the officer

I wish I could sticky this for every nerf thread:

The best players will get the heroes first and kill you more times no matter how many rounds of nerfs you ask for. I’ve seen this happen with game after game. You get killed a lot by X. They nerf X. We just adjust our play style, so now you get killed a lot by Y. They nerf Y. It doesn’t matter because we just adjust again, so you start complaining about Z.

I’m sorry, but shooters aren’t games you can win through nerfs. At some point, you really do have to put in the time and practice if you want to be on the other side of things.

• Major_Solo
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    1/3 of each army are officers(sometimes more) , they are more than assault and heavy. Is this normal?
    Officer should be enforcer like wookie or death trooper etc, not a "regular trooper" .
    It's ridiculous ,I kill many snipers (as imperial officer) in Endor with one shot (with blurrg pistol!!!).
  • Major_Solo wrote: »
    1/3 of each army are officers(sometimes more) , they are more than assault and heavy. Is this normal?
    Officer should be enforcer like wookie or death trooper etc, not a "regular trooper" .
    It's ridiculous ,I kill many snipers (as imperial officer) in Endor with one shot (with blurrg pistol!!!).

No you don't, not unless you are up close, or lucky. to kill a specialist with one shot at range would require you to have improved burst and hit at least one headshot. After the latest nerf if you are doing that then it doesnt matter what weapon you are running you will do it.
  • Of course with improved burst .
  • at long range, to hit headshots now, and keep the other 3 shots on target is very skillful, so you should feel proud, also the sniper is doing a **** job if he is getting killed like that
  • Major_Solo wrote: »
    1/3 of each army are officers(sometimes more) ...
    No need for crossposting... :|
  • Just like the 1st game nerf everything until it's just a bunch of bacta smurfs with pea shooters. No thanks, that's why I stopped playing that game. Assault has Vangaurd, CR2, toughen up and assault training. Heavy has 200HP, a shield with another 300HP, Ion Turret and a sentry gun. Specialists is the only weaker class and that's good, snipers are annoying we don't need a bunch of them. Game is balanced, git good.
  • Last night I had the following thought.

Officers usually kill you close range.
    And they are usually a class with a lot of combat rolling.
    So when they kill you, all their movement seems like a taunt.

If a sniper kills yoz, he's miles away.
    An Assault is too, or he's vanguarding, both usually go without crazy movement and epic rolling.
    I also usually don't see heavies running and rolling after kills.

I suspect the visuals of the officer, his movement and rolling is what makes people more angry being killed by him.