criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Sweaty Tryhard Palpatines everywhere

2Next

Replies

  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I was just watçhing some of Mathew sernas live stream, he was using palps and got surprised by a lurking chewie who shocked him, melted him and did the sad chewie emote lol

    @EvazanJr

    :p

    He deserved it. Anybody with his talent that uses Palps is just a tosser. He is such a good player but I love when he gets killed and loses it.
  • Yeah am sort of sick of seeing him. Although he is fun to use. Although I don't want him nerfed to heavily if he is. Just make a few small changes and he'll be fine
  • I enjoyed playing as him in the first game so I set out to conquer him and his new play style first, along with Leia. Even got all Epic cards pre-buff. He went from least used to most used after that. It used to be fun picking him and it was a different hero for most people to see on the battlefront. Nowwww.... not so much.
  • As someone who's being doing well with him, before his buff - he only needed a stamina buff, and now he's broken and being abused.

    I'm afraid they're going to over-nerf him and make him useless.

  • If by "over-nerf" you actually mean temporarily disable until a future patch then I would agree....this is likely
  • Just nerf palpatine to oblivion, Please.

    That isn’t a solution.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Just nerf palpatine to oblivion, Please.

    That isn’t a solution.

    Unfortunate reality I would imagine, at least for a patch or 2
  • i only pick him if the other team is annoying me and we auto win because palp is god. otherwise ill be maul or bossk
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • joachimeberhard
    1477 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't want him nerfed, rather fixed.
    Most kills are just cheesers through walls.

    If any villain deserves to be the best, it's him.

    He's vulnerable to a lot of stuff too.
  • If they nerf Palpatine to the point he's useless, I'll be really ticked off. You guys may be sick of him but he should still be fun to play after the nerf.

  • his hp is not that great, an officer with blurg can burst kill him. the only problem is that he shoots through wall .
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    If they nerf Palpatine to the point he's useless, I'll be really ticked off. You guys may be sick of him but he should still be fun to play after the nerf.

    Seeing as they buffed him to becoming a god when he was fine before The Last Jedi season patch, don't be surprised if they'll actually nerf him just as much.

    For me, I would be content if they just reverted him back to the state he was in before the season patch. Good players did great with him in Galactic Assault, and he was a decent contender in Heroes Vs. Villains.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I was just watçhing some of Mathew sernas live stream, he was using palps and got surprised by a lurking chewie who shocked him, melted him and did the sad chewie emote lol

    @EvazanJr

    :p

    He deserved it. Anybody with his talent that uses Palps is just a tosser. He is such a good player but I love when he gets killed and loses it.


    Sort of agree man, it is annoying, but as you say he's a great player and would do well with any hero he picked regardless.

    The chewie player played it perfectly though, hid in one of the sewer tunnels under yavin..all you could really see was a brief silhouette, by the time serna had realised it was chewie and not a ww, game over.

    To be fair to the lad ninja he acknowledged as such
  • Holden wrote: »
    . In fact, it is wrong NOT to choose the best option you have at the time.

    A shame for you that the world’s moral philosophers have pretty much proven the opposite. Most morality is about refraining from doing that to make life bearable for everyone.

    In games it’s called being a good sport. Seems to have passed you by.

    Oh I'm sorry I thought we were discussing playing well in a video game, not moral philosophy.

    If team A has a commanding lead at half-time in the Superbowl, should they let team B catch up to be good sports?

    This is a video game. On the internet. About Star Wars. Don't take it so seriously.
  • Holden wrote: »
    . In fact, it is wrong NOT to choose the best option you have at the time.

    A shame for you that the world’s moral philosophers have pretty much proven the opposite. Most morality is about refraining from doing that to make life bearable for everyone.

    In games it’s called being a good sport. Seems to have passed you by.

    Oh I'm sorry I thought we were discussing playing well in a video game, not moral philosophy.

    If team A has a commanding lead at half-time in the Superbowl, should they let team B catch up to be good sports?

    This is a video game. On the internet. About Star Wars. Don't take it so seriously.

    But Palp players are the reason why players like me are playing much less frequently and going onto more balanced games to spend my free time. You're right, it's just a video game, so why should I have to deal with a Palpatine that can shoot and shock you through walls and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Holden wrote: »
    . In fact, it is wrong NOT to choose the best option you have at the time.

    A shame for you that the world’s moral philosophers have pretty much proven the opposite. Most morality is about refraining from doing that to make life bearable for everyone.

    In games it’s called being a good sport. Seems to have passed you by.

    Oh I'm sorry I thought we were discussing playing well in a video game, not moral philosophy.

    If team A has a commanding lead at half-time in the Superbowl, should they let team B catch up to be good sports?

    This is a video game. On the internet. About Star Wars. Don't take it so seriously.

    But Palp players are the reason why players like me are playing much less frequently and going onto more balanced games to spend my free time. You're right, it's just a video game, so why should I have to deal with a Palpatine that can shoot and shock you through walls and there's nothing you can do about it.

    Who said you have to deal with it? You can play whatever you want. All I'm saying on here is that people need to stop attacking people who choose to play with the best tools in the game.

    You can hate the developers all you want for making Palpatine overpowered, but hating people who use a legitimate tool in the game is silly.

    There is no logical reason to choose inferior tactics in a competitive game if your goal is victory.
  • Holden wrote: »
    . In fact, it is wrong NOT to choose the best option you have at the time.

    A shame for you that the world’s moral philosophers have pretty much proven the opposite.

    It has been a few years since I was in college, but last I checked "morals" was not something which could be proven/disproven... I must have missed some crazy advances in research methods if morals can now be proven/disproven lol.
  • How to beat Palpatine?


    shoot him

    Can't tell you how many games I see nobody shooting at Palpatine.

    Yes he's annoying but a 1/2 decent Rey and anyone with a blaster can wreck him pretty fast.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!