criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Now, i am part of the problem too.

I just recently bought the game and now have helped to assure years of wallet wrenching tactics.

Now, my review. I have played mostly Herod so will on briefly cover the rest of the game.

I like the class system but it lacks a healer and pilot class. ( Not that a pilot would be any use without a fighter to climb into. (clears throat)
Not being able to choose a map is a big disapointmant and apparently there is no walker assault. ( Insert loot box joke)

Now Hero's, Just as BF 1. BF 2 hero's does not fail to disappoint. First the line up. 8 hero's on either side with most carried over from the first BF and some locked. :disappointed:
Furthermore, a free to play progression system with multiple currencies and overly complex menu's to navigate cu-pulled with staggeringly slow load times make the brief moments of fun game play distant oasis not to be bothered with for more than an hour or so a day without looking towards the thrill of paint drying.

I'm glad I waited and bought the game on sale but still am sad to see yet again this company strive for greatness only to fall backwards many steps each inched forward. The game looks and sounds incredible but as far as Hero's . The locking of hero's, the lackluster roster among other things leaves us wishing for what could have been

Replies

• Your review is on par with your experience...
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    This game is still in development, don't worry.
    Lots of cool stuff is coming :smile:

I hope your correct. I'm interested to see what change in progression will be
  • Nice read op. It's good to get the perspective of a newcomer - thanks for sharing.
    kez432 wrote: »
    leaves us wishing for what could have been

That part really resonates with me.
    I think at the heart of BF2 there's a terrific shooter, fighter and flyer rolled into one that has too many issues that are taking far too long to put right.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    F03hammer wrote: »
    This game is still in development, don't worry.
    Lots of cool stuff is coming :smile:

I hope your correct. I'm interested to see what change in progression will be

Me too bud, hang in there
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• kez432 wrote: »
    Your review is on par with your experience...
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

I've been playing about a week. I think it's fair enough, amount of time to judge the game as I've experienced it. Im sorry it would take you longer to reach these conclusions and wish you nothing but the best, regards.

You've been playing for a week and you don't know what the officer class does? I'm not judging your ignorantly negative review based on your time playing the game. I'm judging it based on its ignorance.
  • s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

Quite the opposite. This was a well thought out post with an opinion shared in a civil manner. While I may not share in OPs disappointment, this thread is the type we need to see more of around here. None of the points made, need more time played to form an opinion.

I’ll take this over all caps titles and hollow rants any day.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

Quite the opposite. This was a well thought out post with an opinion shared in a civil manner. While I may not share in OPs disappointment, this thread is the type we need to see more of around here. None of the points made, need more time played to form an opinion.

Sorry, he lost me at "no healer." It would appear that he hasn't experienced the most popular build in the game which gives health buffs and increases health recharge for teammates. Then, he brought up a lack of a pilot class, which would not make sense in this game at all.

Then, he says heroes disappoint, but doesn't say why they disappoint, other than the fact that they were in a previous game and they cost credits.

Then, he complains about the progression system, which is perfectly fine for seasoned players, but even still IS ACTIVELY BEING REWORKED to be more newcomer friendly.

Finally, he makes the "resonating point" that the game leaves something to be desired. What doesn't leave something to be desired? We are human beings. We always desire more and better.

No caps sure, but hollow indeed.
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

Sorry, he lost me at "no healer." It would appear that he hasn't experienced the most popular build in the game which gives health buffs and increases health recharge for teammates. Then, he brought up a lack of a pilot class, which would not make sense in this game at all.

Then, he says heroes disappoint, but doesn't say why they disappoint, other than the fact that they were in a previous game and they cost credits.

Then, he complains about the progression system, which is perfectly fine for seasoned players, but even still IS ACTIVELY BEING REWORKED to be more newcomer friendly.

Finally, he makes the "resonating point" that the game leaves something to be desired. What doesn't leave something to be desired? We are human beings. We always desire more and better.

It was amazing how silent the forums were the first week of release while everyone became BF2 Veterans.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • It's spelled heroes not hero's ffs.

The content of OP' post is likewise false.
  • Silencer wrote: »
    It's spelled heroes not hero's ffs.

Autocorrect can mix those up for you quite often.
    NeoX
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

I've been playing about a week. I think it's fair enough, amount of time to judge the game as I've experienced it. Im sorry it would take you longer to reach these conclusions and wish you nothing but the best, regards.

You've been playing for a week and you don't know what the officer class does? I'm not judging your ignorantly negative review based on your time playing the game. I'm judging it based on its ignorance.

I would have preferred a truer healer class. I always saw the officer more of a controller.
  • Silencer wrote: »
    It's spelled heroes not hero's ffs.

I'm going to blame auto correct on one of the issues you have mentioned with my post.
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

Since you asked. the hero's movement are a bit static. Jumping for example is more of a stiff hop. No flips forward or back. Just a simple hop in a somewhat prone position. Melee attacks are the same weather the hero is jumping moving backwards or to the side. Would it have killed the devs to give us variations to the melee attack based on direction? All of these criticisms are directed a light saber wielding hero's of course.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

Since you asked. the hero's movement are a bit static. Jumping for example is more of a stiff hop. No flips forward or back. Just a simple hop in a somewhat prone position. Melee attacks are the same weather the hero is jumping moving backwards or to the side. Would it have killed the devs to give us variations to the melee attack based on direction? All of these criticisms are directed a light saber wielding hero's of course.

I'm sorry for the hostility. It wasn't necessary. I was in a defensive mood and I was tired of seeing negative reviews and the same complaints over and over from things that were known to developers and being worked on. I want this game to grow and I hate the idea of these forums giving new players a bad idea of it.

Anyways, I welcome you to what I believe is an amazing game that will only get better. It definitely has problems right now though. You will find tons of good information on here and quite a few great people.

If you have any questions about anything I would be happy to help. :smile:
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

I would have preferred a truer healer class. I always saw the officer more of a controller.

I would have loved to have played a medic class, heals and revives, but I know DICE has said a few times they don't want Battlefront to be too similar to Battlefield. Officer with Improved Battle Command and Officers Presence is super effective though when trying to take or hold an OBJ.
  • Hey woah woah...fans of Star Wars are not a problem at all. Please critique the bejesus out of this game. Its littered with issues. But overall entertaining and scratches the itch. Hope you stay awhile & see you on the battlefront...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I valued this post, too, OP. Especially having started a new thread myself tonight, which is similar in terms of my disappointment.

Just because other people have already made the point doesn't mean new members should not.

I love the idea of this game, and look forward to its evolution, but it is a shocking mess in comparison to other new games that come out with a fraction of the bugs.

Coming back to the point of the multi-currency and counter-intuitive progression/levelling of cards/interface, I had to watch a youtube video to understand what it all meant. The style-over-content of the official video that's meant to explain the cards system is inadequate and therefore confusing, and so had me heading for advice from actual players.

It's important to realise we can point out our disappointment for something, even if we like it.

pH
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I valued this post, too, OP. Especially having started a new thread myself tonight, which is similar in terms of my disappointment.

Just because other people have already made the point doesn't mean new members should not.

I love the idea of this game, and look forward to its evolution, but it is a shocking mess in comparison to other new games that come out with a fraction of the bugs.

It's important to realise we can point out our disappointment for something, even if we like it.

pH
    indeed, can't have darkness without the light
    How can issues be fixed if we don't address them?
    Its refreshing to have things pointed out by another set of eyes
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Hanzo wrote: »
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

I would have loved to have played a medic class, heals and revives, but I know DICE has said a few times they don't want Battlefront to be too similar to Battlefield. Officer with Improved Battle Command and Officers Presence is super effective though when trying to take or hold an OBJ.

Thanks for the advice. I do admit as a fan of Star Wars it is difficult not to keep coming back. I do hope the game will progress better and more diversely than the last.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

I'm sorry for the hostility. It wasn't necessary. I was in a defensive mood and I was tired of seeing negative reviews and the same complaints over and over from things that were known to developers and being worked on. I want this game to grow and I hate the idea of these forums giving new players a bad idea of it.

Anyways, I welcome you to what I believe is an amazing game that will only get better. It definitely has problems right now though. You will find tons of good information on here and quite a few great people.

If you have any questions about anything I would be happy to help. :smile:

I appreciate that response and I do hope the game will continue to evolve. I am a huge fan of Star Wars as are many here i'm certain. :)
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    s4rhrqiafpxa.gif

To be honest, I would’ve been equally happy if SWBF2 was a BF4 reskin
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • You're not the first person to say the menus are complex. I admit I don't quite get why. I think the menus are intuitive and simple actually.
  • This review was disappointing and yes you are now part of the problem as I would call it. The people who clearly don't even play video games expect them to be miracles and not even comparing them to other games. Crazy how you think or want a "healer class" in this game. 1) The officer somewhat 2) Would be awful healing spam non-sense in a fps. Also fun fact the roster is pretty giant and you can unlock the hero's , wow! :o
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
    I just recently bought the game and now have helped to assure years of wallet wrenching tactics.

Now, my review. I have played mostly Herod so will on briefly cover the rest of the game.

I like the class system but it lacks a healer and pilot class. ( Not that a pilot would be any use without a fighter to climb into. (clears throat)
    Not being able to choose a map is a big disapointmant and apparently there is no walker assault. ( Insert loot box joke)

Now Hero's, Just as BF 1. BF 2 hero's does not fail to disappoint. First the line up. 8 hero's on either side with most carried over from the first BF and some locked. :disappointed:
    Furthermore, a free to play progression system with multiple currencies and overly complex menu's to navigate cu-pulled with staggeringly slow load times make the brief moments of fun game play distant oasis not to be bothered with for more than an hour or so a day without looking towards the thrill of paint drying.

I'm glad I waited and bought the game on sale but still am sad to see yet again this company strive for greatness only to fall backwards many steps each inched forward. The game looks and sounds incredible but as far as Hero's . The locking of hero's, the lackluster roster among other things leaves us wishing for what could have been

As in King Herod of Judea? I must have missed that they added him in the patch notes.