criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is this a joke?

About Phasma's staff. Did someone actually test this thing before implementation? If so, didn't they realize how useless it is? It's literally the worst thing in the whole game. Melee is literally better than it. It's almost like we've been trolled. I'm speechless that it actually made it into the game in it's current state.

Replies

• Yea it is oddly horrible
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    so, I once thought your exact complaint...but: if you hang around the shock droid she deploys, you can get 1-2 staff strikes in while your opponent's getting electrocuted from the droid. Currently that's the thesis on how staff strikes work. You just can't rollup on a heavy and deploy the staff. Don't work that way. Not yet anyway...

which is misleading because after watching Last Jedi, you'd think it's game-on once you see a hero opponent; just breakout the staff and get busy, right?. -Not quite. Gotta deploy the droid and then the two abilities work in tandem.
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Last I heard the devs were looking at her staff.

tehehe
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    About Phasma's staff. Did someone actually test this thing before implementation? If so, didn't they realize how useless it is? It's literally the worst thing in the whole game. Melee is literally better than it. It's almost like we've been trolled. I'm speechless that it actually made it into the game in it's current state.

with the amount of problems this game has, and the dev teams track record of not testing things and having unbalanced things, i can honestly say im not surprised.
  • univurshul wrote: »
    so, I once thought your exact complaint...but: if you hang around the shock droid she deploys, you can get 1-2 staff strikes in while your opponent's getting electrocuted from the droid. Currently that's the thesis on how staff strikes work. You just can't rollup on a heavy and deploy the staff. Don't work that way. Not yet anyway...

which is misleading because after watching Last Jedi, you'd think it's game-on once you see a hero opponent; just breakout the staff and get busy, right?. -Not quite. Gotta deploy the droid and then the two abilities work in tandem.

Her gun is still better to use if someone is shocked...
  • Might as well try to fart on em through your armor as well
  • univurshul wrote: »

Not the same kind of staff, I don’t think.

Also, once you land a hit your target will get kd-ed so for the time being buff up your droid cards.
    Then, shoot the target for about 15-20% damage, let the droid stun them, take your time to get at the right range and facing them (plenty of time cause of stun duration), and then hit the staff 3 times. Once you got the first blow to connect, the other 2 will hit just fine and your target will be dead by the end of it.
    NeoX