criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Egoistic, Narcistic, & Toxic Children

Mandalorianhunter
115 posts Member
edited February 5
I just played a, rather, well... [REDACTED] match of HvV. Our enemies were losing, and someone was playing Palpatine, but took pride with that fact, and even mocked me for playing Chewie, even though he's the perfect counter against Plapatine. Then there was a guy playing Kylo without the skin, and then there was some Maul guy. These 2 palpatine, and kylo kids, after dying, blamed their team or called out their killer. After the 30 minute HvV match of [REDACTED] was over, they both... Mate, I can't. It's so sad.

They began again taking pride with the fact that they won because of Palpatine, mocked us, and so on. Why are egoistic, toxic and narcistic children roaming these lands? Now I know why I stopped playing this game. I don't regret stopping it.
Post edited by Mandalorianhunter on

Replies

• Don't give them the satisfaction of stoping your own game experience. I've had bad experiences like that too, but I try to take a rest and start again, there's alot of trash people nowadays on the internet, playing and more.
    It will never end, so get use to it. Find a squad or whatever but try to have fun, if you see people like that again just quit, that's all, you don't need to deal with that **** none of use need to deal with that kind of ''players''.
  • Lmao, I remember when a Boba player messaged me after winning a round saying something along the lines of "You're trash, how could you lose that match?". And this was of course a Boba player who only knew how to use Rocket Barrage, with Epic Anti-Hero Rockets, and Epic Intense Barrage of course. So I got into a bir of a spat with him about it, "Come back when you learn how to use more than Rocket Barrage", and he replied with the always *hilarious*, "Maybe one day I will show you da wey". Point is, I didnt let it stop me from playing, and neither should you. Just get past it, and don't care. People are always going to be like that, so just ignore it
  • Palpatine? The perfect counter to Chewie?

In what alternate universe would that be the case. Because for that to happen, the Chewie would have to suffer from some manner of aim impediment, and the Palps would have to put out way more damage, with way more stamina, than he already does.

Palpatine isn't all that on HvV, I find. His CC has too much of a cooldown, and his team can't necessarily capitalize on what he brings.

Now, one Choke from Vader on the other hand....

That aside, /ignore and keep playing.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Palpatine? The perfect counter to Chewie?

In what alternate universe would that be the case. Because for that to happen, the Chewie would have to suffer from some manner of aim impediment, and the Palps would have to put out way more damage, with way more stamina, than he already does.

Palpatine isn't all that on HvV, I find. His CC has too much of a cooldown, and his team can't necessarily capitalize on what he brings.

Vader? As in "Choking enemies after he's dead/he cancels your abilities" Vader?

Yeah, he is tough.

dailymotion.com/video/x6deoxc

dailymotion.com/video/x6dfvfi
  • While I cannot say this glitch has occurred on my end, or against me, the reference was more of a "Sneak up on em while not the target, choke him / them, have your team finish them." scenario :)
  • Hahahahha, ok, ok.

BUt, well, that "glitch" is spreading out. Watch it. (I mean, BE CAREFUL, LOL).
  • Just play Leia and mow Palps down.
  • reb1138 wrote: »
    Welcome to the internets my friend :#

Mein freund, I knew this was going to happen but I didn't know it was THIS bad.
    Just play Leia and mow Palps down.

Quite difficult when they camp and move, and they pretty much are glued together. All of them. Were.

Excuse me, either your read it wrong, or I wrote it wrong, I meant that Chewie is a good counter to Palpatine IMO, since I've used him many times to counter Palpatine and sometimes, why not, some other heroes. I just killed some Plapatine guy who had 145 kills with Chewie.

Vader? As in "Choking enemies after he's dead/he cancels your abilities" Vader?

Yeah, he is tough.

dailymotion.com/video/x6deoxc

dailymotion.com/video/x6dfvfi

I was Leia on Crait and I got choked. Noticed I could only fire. I purposefully got choked by Vader again and got me abilities back. Or was it Maul?
  • bfloo
    10204 posts Member
    Just make it your mission from God to hunt them down, then laugh as they cry about it.
  • Welcome to the faceless world of the internet.
  • Then I probably understood it wrong.
  • TheSaltyBrit
    2 posts Member
    edited February 6
    I got finished a few moments ago playing a game of Strike and within about 5 minutes of the round starting, one player on the enemy team was accusing me of using hacks and hurling abuse (for some reason a player on my team was also hurling abuse at myself and another fellow team mate?!) because I just so happened to kill him 3 times using the Blurrg consecutively while defending a point. Both of these players were very persistent in threatening to report me and my team mate too.

For the whole match this was going on and on and then of course the next round started on Jakku and then they turned on my team mate accusing him of cheating because he just so happened to look around corners before charging in headfirst; pretty obvious that he was NOT cheating because his score wasn't exactly high either.

This is, of course, to be expected when playing online and also a chat box being within a game, but I can definitely see why OP is fed up with these kinds of players, I know myself and lots of my friends are too.

Still, I try not to let it ruin my experience!
  • Inflatable
    122 posts Member
    edited February 8
    reb1138 wrote: »
    Yeah, he must be new to online gaming, lol..

But to be serious, the more cheesy game(mode) you play the more likely you'll run into players like that.. And I find HvV in this game very cheesy (because of all the **** and annoying hero abilities), which is why I (almost) never play it..
  • I always mock chewie and palpatine players. No respect for either till they are fixed.
  • Bait the shock. Choke him. Let your team slaughter him.

There. A Vader has just countered Chewie.

As for Palpatine, his only use in HvV is depleting the stamina from Lukes and Yodas with a fetish for guarding. Beyond that, his damage isn't all that. Just about every hero on the opposition outdpses him. His role is more of a mobile CC unit, which I suppose is fine.

Oh, and he can't block force powers either. For some reason. So no, he truly truly is not that good on HvV.

Vader, Phasma, Bossk and *Counterpick to random enemy hero* seems to be my ideal villain comp so far. I'll pick Phasma myself, thanks. Droid is just too good :)

Finn's Big Deal is too good to pass up for HvV, and Deadeye counters Palps and Boba Fett so hard, so he's an obvious choice. After that, I daresay just counterpicking whatever the enemy is running.
  • reb1138 wrote: »

Exactly... Because, when you deal with others on the internet, you get to deal with everyone that you normally would not in real life. Matter fact, you get to deal with others that most other people would also not deal with in real life as well.
  • Mandalorianhunter
    115 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Inflatable wrote: »
    reb1138 wrote: »
    Yeah, he must be new to online gaming, lol..

But to be serious, the more cheesy game(mode) you play the more likely you'll run into players like that.. And I find HvV in this game very cheesy (because of all the **** and annoying hero abilities), which is why I (almost) never play it..

New? I have to be pretty new then if I've been playing online games since 2015.

Memes; I accidentally wrote 1015. Fixed.
    Bait the shock. Choke him. Let your team slaughter him.

There. A Vader has just countered Chewie.

As for Palpatine, his only use in HvV is depleting the stamina from Lukes and Yodas with a fetish for guarding. Beyond that, his damage isn't all that. Just about every hero on the opposition outdpses him. His role is more of a mobile CC unit, which I suppose is fine.

Oh, and he can't block force powers either. For some reason. So no, he truly truly is not that good on HvV.

Vader, Phasma, Bossk and *Counterpick to random enemy hero* seems to be my ideal villain comp so far. I'll pick Phasma myself, thanks. Droid is just too good :)

Finn's Big Deal is too good to pass up for HvV, and Deadeye counters Palps and Boba Fett so hard, so he's an obvious choice. After that, I daresay just counterpicking whatever the enemy is running.

He's even more unbalanced on Galactic Assault. Think about it. Puking noises.
  • XXXO77O4906
    2951 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Some abusive replies have been removed from this thread. I will let it continue for now but please no more of that, offending parties however have been given some time away from the forums. Same will happen next time and thread maybe closed so dont do it.

Now continue on.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • I just drop off and initiate another game search. I Use the load time to get a snack or check my phone. You will not get penalized for leaving and there’s always another game. If anything dropping off will affect their score.

In all honestly you can’t knock the player for choosing the character and building him up. That’s the way they game was developed. All that misplaced rage should be directed towards EA.
  • Some abusive replies have been removed from this thread. I will let it continue for now but please no more of that, offending parties however have been given some time away from the forums. Same will happen next time and thread maybe closed so dont do it.

Now continue on.

Yes, my second response post to him was totally offensive. As if the one part that was offensive never could have been edited out.