criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Idea's for potential Luke Skywalker buffs.

InFernoZ
277 posts Member
edited February 2018
As someone who pretty much only plays Luke when I can I believe I have enough experience with him to talk about what needs to be tweaked

- His movement speed should be increased
Force push and epicenter push people away so some extra speed will allow him to close the gap, also to allow him to reach the flanks faster because by the time you get to the flank, the fight is normally over. He should run the same speed as Vanguard or a little slower.

-Health increased to 750
To help make Luke more forgiving, since unlike Rey with insight, she knows what she will be facing, Luke can easily find himself running into 4 guys and having the extra health will help in making Luke more survivable in those situations.

-Be able to cover larger distance with jump (like in 2015)
If Luke has the best light side hero jump, why not have something to show for it. More time in air=less time moving=more time being shot=more times dead unless...

-Be able to do ONE rush in the air
For maneuverability and only one because I think chaining Rush with Push in the air would be a little bit broken( he would become the new Boba for reaching unreachable places). Also for survivability, combine the Rush Immunity with the fact to be a high moving target, would make him less likely to be blown up.

-His abilities should do more damage but not 1 hit (Force Push and Repulse)
In 2015 1 hit was ok because he only had the Force Push but in 2017 he has Repulse as well and if they both 1 hit infantry I think that will be a little bit too much.

I believe his cooldowns are fine as they are and his starcards pretty good overall. If the damage to repulse gets an increase, perhaps rework Epicenter into reducing cooldown instead.

-Other than lightsabers being able to do more damage or tweaking roll I believe Luke would be in a good place with these changes and will be able to compete allot better in Galactic Assault and Heroes vs Villains

-These are just idea's and I would like to know what you think should be done about Luke.

-One day we will see the Return of the Jedi which is Luke Skywalker, one day, he will be able to compete with the other heroes

And for anyone wondering, my Luke is lvl29 and his best card to epic would be cleansing the darkness

Thanks for reading ;)

(DISCLAIMER. I myself do not necessarily need Luke buffed in order to well, it's just generally harder than most other heroes to well. He is weaker than most of the other saber heroes. I just think he needs some tweaks so he is able to live up to his name and a good starting point would be to look at what made 2015 Luke great, which was his agility, and in this game Rey is faster to go figure.)

Also thinking of making a guide for Luke but that won't be coming until after the patch which is coming Soon™️ as Luke is seeing a buff and changes will affect the guide i.e starcards if his abilities get a damage buff.
Luke main
Post edited by InFernoZ on

Replies

• Definitely agree with better movement speed and stronger ability damage.
    Depending on how much they buff his abilities’ damage would I find it necessary to buff his health and saber damage.
  • his movement speed is fine.... he's just as fast as any hero/villain in the game not considering abilities, and as a target he can be near impossible to catch if he decides to run and use his push intelligently

a health buff to 750 abs

otherwise all he needs is... Rush to be faster, and track better

and repulse to be triggered on the run and have a knock-DOWN effect NOT knock-BACK; no animation just the effect emanating from him. that would let him combo a rush or dodge right into repulse.... the lack of animation and change to knockdown would immediately let Luke get on his opponent.

and up his saber dmg 10 pts

• wwkingms wrote: »
    his movement speed is fine.... he's just as fast as any hero/villain in the game not considering abilities, and as a target he can be near impossible to catch if he decides to run and use his push intelligently

a health buff to 750 abs

otherwise all he needs is... Rush to be faster, and track better

and repulse to be triggered on the run and have a knock-DOWN effect NOT knock-BACK; no animation just the effect emanating from him. that would let him combo a rush or dodge right into repulse.... the lack of animation and change to knockdown would immediately let Luke get on his opponent.

and up his saber dmg 10 pts

I agree, his Rush and Repulse should be more fluid
    Luke main
  • I agree 1000000% with your suggestions OP. Luke is my favorite SW character as well, and since him and Vader are arguably the 2 most iconic SW characters, they should be on par with each other. Especially considering they cost the same amount of credits in game.

1 thing I disagree with though is a rush while jumping. Even though it would be cool, it would just be very powerful if he could just jump then dash away from anyone trying to fight him.

I do agree though a health buff, damage buff to abilities, and a little bit extra movement speed would be perfect.

(Also his repulse and dash should have a much faster cast time, right now they take so long to cast I'm calling him Luke Slowwalker...)
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    I agree 1000000% with your suggestions OP. Luke is my favorite SW character as well, and since him and Vader are arguably the 2 most iconic SW characters, they should be on par with each other. Especially considering they cost the same amount of credits in game.

1 thing I disagree with though is a rush while jumping. Even though it would be cool, it would just be very powerful if he could just jump then dash away from anyone trying to fight him.

I do agree though a health buff, damage buff to abilities, and a little bit extra movement speed would be perfect.

(Also his repulse and dash should have a much faster cast time, right now they take so long to cast I'm calling him Luke Slowwalker...)

I agree, allowing him to do a rush while jumping is dangerous territory, and the Rush/Repulse fluidness are fixes I would expect rather than buffs, but they will help him so I guess we can call them buffs.
    Luke main
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I feel like increasing his movement speed would make him too unbalanced like in the last game where he could block then sprint.
  • To add to avoiding the last game, I think the boost mid air looks very bad and leads to cheesy plays.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    To add to avoiding the last game, I think the boost mid air looks very bad and leads to cheesy plays.

Thats one of the only good things Luke has going for him right now though. It makes for good offensive and defensive strats and makes him a good counter to flying heroes like Boba and Palps. That should stay for sure.