criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Things we are still waiting on

NeoExcidious
1935 posts Member
edited February 2018
1. Patch 1.2 release date.
2. Milestones bug actual fix date or status. (Given we were erroneously told it was fixed).
3. Community 1:1 Answers.
4. Season 2 release date.

Alright, I’ve read all about the “9 circles” of approval that each of these items has to go through. But as it stands, all of the above items were either confirmed as “coming soon” or resolved when they actually weren’t (milestones fix).

@Sledgehammer70
@TotalFPS
@EA_Tom

We understand you guys don’t decide what happens and when. But would it be at all possible go back to whoever does and throw us an actual, realistic bone here?

I’m not making any demands here, just asking if it’s at all possible to get this information, or if we’re going to be perpetually stuck behind all the red tape.

Thanks
NeoX

Replies

• Please don't tell us season 2 is rogue one again, at least port over the outer rim content too (nien/greedo) if that's the case.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Obi Wan Kenobi
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @Sledgehammer70
    In terms of 1.2 patch, is Tuesday set in stone or can it occur any weekday?
    NeoX
  • @Sledgehammer70

Im waiting on Boba's jetpack bug to be added to the bug list. This was reported in November.

Im waiting on the ATAT's orbital strike bug on Hoth to be added to the bug list.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    @Sledgehammer70

Im waiting on Boba's jetpack bug to be added to the bug list. This was reported in November.

Im waiting on the ATAT's orbital strike bug on Hoth to be added to the bug list.

As stated, not all bugs are on that bug list.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • I have 5-6 milestones completed from the weekend before last that I cannot claim. The ones after the maintenance break this week are working just fine. Will this patch fix that?
  • ratt7011 wrote: »
    I have 5-6 milestones completed from the weekend before last that I cannot claim. The ones after the maintenance break this week are working just fine. Will this patch fix that?

This. Really want that reduced recoil mod for the DC-15LE. Among the others that are still locked.
  • EightMile wrote: »
    @Sledgehammer70

As stated, not all bugs are on that bug list.

Thanks
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Thanks @Sledgehammer70
    In terms of 1.2 patch, is Tuesday set in stone or can it occur any weekday?

Patches can occur on any day of the week or weekend.

Good to hear. Maybe this week then?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • It wouldn’t be so bad if it was credits and crafting parts, but these are milestones that effect the progression of the game...
    qdiqcxz9xlze.jpeg
    g5udr3ydphmi.jpeg
    jc1wjocny26w.jpeg

• You have a tough job so this isn't directed at you. However, I have not heard one person say this fix worked. The other stuff I agree we can be patient on like patches and new content. Not being able to claim rewards for this long is so unacceptable I'll never buy a EA DICE game again unless they really do something to make up for it. I'm 41 and been playing since Atari 2600 and I've never experienced something so broken and these days with technology if EA cared they would put the resources into correcting it swiftly not dumping on the consumer for weeks on end.

Milestones appear to have been partially repaired. I can claim the reward for any new milestone I complete since the patch. However, milestones that were completed when the claim issue was around still cannot be claimed.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

You have a tough job so this isn't directed at you. However, I have not heard one person say this fix worked. The other stuff I agree we can be patient on like patches and new content. Not being able to claim rewards for this long is so unacceptable I'll never buy a EA DICE game again unless they really do something to make up for it. I'm 41 and been playing since Atari 2600 and I've never experienced something so broken and these days with technology if EA cared they would put the resources into correcting it swiftly not dumping on the consumer for weeks on end.

Milestones appear to have been partially repaired. I can claim the reward for any new milestone I complete since the patch. However, milestones that were completed when the claim issue was around still cannot be claimed.

That is case with me as well. I’ve completed a few milestones without issue since the fix, but the one I completed before is still unclaimable.
  • I'm really looking forward to customization, and hero skins, and more Clone Wars content, and heroes in their right eras, and turning lightsabers off. Can't wait to see the 41st deploy out into Kashyyyk, see all the different hero options, play on the Invisible Hand, or Ryloth, or Geonosis, or Coruscant. Brighter blaster bolts would be nice too.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    That is case with me as well. I’ve completed a few milestones without issue since the fix, but the one I completed before is still unclaimable.

This has been my experience as well, I am now able to claim new milestones earned, but I have one that is still bugged out that can not be claimed.

• I can't even claim my daily crate, it always says 'available' in 15hrs blablabla no matter when I login.
  • The dev access only Fix the milestone bugs milestone appears to also be bugged. We're doomed!

I've a Lando one I completed goodness knows when that is not claimable.
    Couldn't give a stuff about it tbh but I feel for the folks with weapons or weapon attachments they can't get to - that is heading into the realms of "sort your stuff out pronto purlease dev's".

A fix seems to be dragging out a bit hey. Welcome to Battlefront2ville - population decreasing daily.
  • "2.) The issue was fixed for many, but the team is looking into why it was not fixed for everyone."

@Sledgehammer70 forgive me if I'm wrong, but this comes across as somewhat disingenuous . Maybe there is genuine confusion on the devs team as to what the issue is. But as others have said I've not seen any claims the issue was fixed. I've seen claims that NEW milestone can be claimed (can confirm) but the previous ones are still greyed out and cannot be claimed.

• zambalex2 wrote: »
    I can't even claim my daily crate, it always says 'available' in 15hrs blablabla no matter when I login.
    Try playing a game and returning to main menu, or restarting the game. It should fix it.
    @zambalex2
    NeoX
  • I have over 280 hours in this game, i enjoy the gameplay it's amazing and i won't deny that.

But the bugs are atrocious, the progression is already very slow as it is and not being able to claim rewards or even
    weapons for that long is unacceptable period.

I haven't played this game for a week now i don't feel like dealing with the bugs.
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    I can't even claim my daily crate, it always says 'available' in 15hrs blablabla no matter when I login.
    Try playing a game and returning to main menu, or restarting the game. It should fix it.
    @zambalex2

Nope. That hasn’t worked for me.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Update from Dennis:

He replied on a ton of questions in the last hour or so, feel free to check out his feed.
    NeoX
  • GodKC wrote: »
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    @zambalex2

Nope. That hasn’t worked for me.

This happens to me too. So far I’ve found that if I don’t quit the game completely by going to the game and selecting “quit” on xbox - then I don’t get a crate the next day. I think it’s because the game still recognizes you as logged in from the day before or something. I’m not sure this is the answer, but it’s something to try.

• I get an error on X1 where I can't see the daily timed challenges. It's funny because sometimes I log back on and have an extra thousand credits so I know I completed it I just don't know what I completed.
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So we're probably not going to see the 1.2 patch until next week or the week after that.

See @Whodunnit 's twitter thread for more info from Dennis.

Also, Dennis just provided some answers on the Community 1:1 thread
    NeoX
  • I’m waiting on the PT’s main character. Once we have that I’ll be satisfied and will be okay with whatever else they decide they add.