criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

SA: Team/wing (and especially green) markers need to brighter/easier to see across map

Billkwando
1740 posts Member
edited February 2018
I've played with friends in my party (Xbox) a couple times, and I always find it frustrating that if we get separated, I can almost never find them again. It would be nice to be able to play wingman to a friend, but the green marker (or even the yellow marker) is really hard to see (even on a 50 inch TV), unless they're flying really close by. Same for Tallie Lintra for that matter. I get her, and then can't find any gaggles of team members to buff.

I know in theory the answer should be "look near the objective" but that's not always useful.

I would also like a specially colored "Revenge" marker, because sometimes I fly halfway across the map toward the "orange" guy, and it turns out that's not actually the person who killed me, and they are not orange.

I would also love a way to distinguish between bots and real people, since the bots can be surprisingly mean, and I don't like wasting all this time trying to chase somebody down, only for them to suddenly start flying in a straight line, and ending up being Nom Carver or Gunnar Aran or whatever the bot names are.
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Replies

• I agree a little green triangle would be good alongside the red ones to keep track of team mates.
    I’m not sure the revenge marker was a good idea, but I always go for revenge!! It is annoying when you hunt them down only to find someone else in orange!
    To distinguish between players and bots look for the little dot above them.
  • Yeah a constant green arrow would be great to locate team mates and get back into formation.
  • Billkwando
    1740 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah a constant green arrow would be great to locate team mates and get back into formation.

Yes! When I see a random with a level 0 ship, I like to try to fly along with them and keep them out of trouble. This game is tough when you're new. Alas, I always lose track of them.
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    I agree a little green triangle would be good alongside the red ones to keep track of team mates.
    I’m not sure the revenge marker was a good idea, but I always go for revenge!! It is annoying when you hunt them down only to find someone else in orange!
    To distinguish between players and bots look for the little dot above them.

Thanks for the tip on the dots! I will check that out later. Who has the dot, bot or player?

Yeah I would like a triangle, especially if they're near me on the map, but I also would like a tiny green (or yellow, or blue) dot, say, if I'm looking in their direction but they're way off in the distance. It doesn't have to be big, and it could even be transparent so it's not blocking any enemies or anything.

Edit: Or Radar. Why in the world doesn't this mode, of all modes, have radar? It's certainly more realistic for a ship to have radar than some dude with a laser sword. ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    They are working on a better squad system, though not sure if that will encompass SA, though I'd hope so.
  • Billkwando
    1740 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hanzo wrote: »
    They are working on a better squad system, though not sure if that will encompass SA, though I'd hope so.

Me too! SA _IS_ Battlefront II, for me. The rest of the game is just a fun diversion for when I don't feel like flying. You should see the sad cards on my troopers. The only one I've actually crafted cards for is Boba Fett......because it's Boba Fett.....and even he's still in the green.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Players have the dots.
    How come troops have radar but not ships!!
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    Players have the dots.
    How come troops have radar but not ships!!

Preach! ;) :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Your radar is your heads up display, it shows faded red triangles on any enemy craft within range.
  • Your radar is your heads up display, it shows faded red triangles on any enemy craft within range.

Yes but it would be nice to know how close/many enemies are behind or in proximity and a radar would be the simplest solution. I have to say I don’t find it a big problem though. Perhaps more useful for a hero ship when your being hunted down!!

Not really. It just shows triangles, which only tell you "There is a ship somewhere, and it's not right in front of you", but that's it. Why aren't there just triangles in the gun shooty modes? Do they really *need* radar? LOL
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• It gives you a decent bearing on where the ships are, it does exactly what it's supposed to.

I would actually prefer it if there weren't any radar in the Trooper modes. The HUD in trooper mode is crazy busy.

• It gives you a decent bearing on where the ships are, it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Meh, I disagree. ;)

I would actually prefer it if there weren't any radar in the Trooper modes. The HUD in trooper mode is crazy busy.

Honestly, I thought it was really strange that there was radar, even moreso since there isn't in SA (which I played first and play most).
    ZI7BNkU.gif