criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The nonsensical calls for the TL50 to be nerfed only make sense...

savemejebus
351 posts Member
edited February 2018
When you realise that they're mostly coming from officer spammers/Blurgg apologists. Whether it's simply a case of whataboutism or a defensive reaction to their (currently) superior class, that's besides the point.

Right now, in a 1-1 face off (not ambush), a heavy with the TL50 and shield is probably the only trooper class setup that can reliably stand a chance against the officer's insane burst damage and boosted HP.

So yeah, better nerf that TL50 soon DICE. Too little officers these days.

Replies

• there's nothing wrong with the tl50, defiantly doesn't need nerfed even with the shield. I just roll away wait for there shield to go away then destroy them. and I play as heavy alot and never get the sense that gun is giving me a unfair advantage
  • You have to realize that when you've gotten used to being alone at the top of the mountain, having to share that space can SEEM unfair.
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    If they nerf my Baby

I will make it my mission to mercilessly exterminate every single Officer
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    there's nothing wrong with the tl50, defiantly doesn't need nerfed even with the shield. I just roll away wait for there shield to go away then destroy them. and I play as heavy alot and never get the sense that gun is giving me a unfair advantage

i am converting over to the heavy from the assault class. and im doing pretty good for just pure skill. i dont have any advantage over the others and i dominate
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• It's the only useful Heavy weapon in the game if you want to push an objective, but then if you give the class 4 guns that can compete with Assault all of a sudden you have an OP class (sentry, shield)

DICE needs to work out whether to balance the TL-50 or the Heavy class as a whole. Usually, like in the case of the Blurgg, any weapon that makes others in the class obsolete are overpowered. However with the TL50, it's literally the only thing that means you won't get destroyed 1v1 against vaguely competent players.

• OOM19 wrote: »
    If they nerf my Baby

I will make it my mission to mercilessly exterminate every single Officer

Pray tell, what are you doing now? Running away from them?
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    All I'm doing currently is running down every flanking corridor and corner and shooting their delicious back of the head hit box
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • The officer is my go to class, and I have no problem fighting a heavy who's using the TL-50. Mostly because I'm a team player and usually playing the officer how they're meant to played, as a support class that can also easily defend themselves.
  • Are these calls nonsensical or imaginary? I haven't seen one on here.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • Yep, the TL-50 is pretty balanced for me. But the Secondary Fire (for the Trooper version) is so useless, which I'm actually glad about. :D
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • The TL-50 is a close quarter weapon. At range it's too inaccurate to really kill. The Blurred kills both close and far range that is the o p weapon.
  • I wonder how many time someone is killed by something before they come on here calling for nerfs? lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • Yep, the TL-50 is pretty balanced for me. But the Secondary Fire (for the Trooper version) is so useless, which I'm actually glad about. :D

I've tried a full explosives loadout (Improved Impact Grenade, Barrage, Explosive Sentry, Secondary Fire), and secondary fire can hardly get a kill, even after I used one of those abilities.
  • As a TL-50 user, I can confirm it has very low effectiveness against anything outside of close range. If I see someone else using the TL, I make an effort to keep some distance from them. Same goes with the Blurgg. Its definitely one thing that should not be nerfed.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Get your Emperor gameplay in quick, because the only thing that doesn't make sense is not the TL-50, but rather in the next round of nerfs, Emperor's lightning won't go through walls, which is fine, but here is where EA destroys physics, won't even go through METAL doors either (rumor has it that is).
  • TL-50 has low TTK lower than all but the Blurrg, which will get nerfed no doubt. It has a short flush time, decent accuracy at short ranges, and can be placed behind an improved shield.

Once officer gets nerfed, all the hero try hards will move to heavy, TL50, ion turret, improved shield and BH. At which point lots of people getting killed will come to the internet to get it nerfed.

Whether its op or not is besides the point in terms of nerfing. Its the go to weapon for the class, so it will be run by anyone wanting to get the most kills and BP.
  • I’ve unlocked the blurrg and I don’t like it, the s-5 has better range and damage and I like that it has ion shot

Personally I felt the s-5 has the damage of the dL-44 and the range of the X-8 nightsniper.
  • I personally feel as though the TL-50 is perfectly fine.
    I have no issues getting killed by it or getting kills with it.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Bovine74 wrote: »
    TL-50 has low TTK lower than all but the Blurrg, which will get nerfed no doubt. It has a short flush time, decent accuracy at short ranges, and can be placed behind an improved shield.

Once officer gets nerfed, all the hero try hards will move to heavy, TL50, ion turret, improved shield and BH. At which point lots of people getting killed will come to the internet to get it nerfed.

Whether its op or not is besides the point in terms of nerfing. Its the go to weapon for the class, so it will be run by anyone wanting to get the most kills and BP.

The TL-50 isn't even vaguely on the same level as the Blurrg. It's an okayish weapon. Accuracy is too low to actually ever get that low ttk that's only low on paper.
    Twitch = Lavarious3038
    My Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/c/Lavarious
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Makiroa wrote: »
    Bovine74 wrote: »
    TL-50 has low TTK lower than all but the Blurrg, which will get nerfed no doubt. It has a short flush time, decent accuracy at short ranges, and can be placed behind an improved shield.

The TL-50 isn't even vaguely on the same level as the Blurrg. It's an okayish weapon. Accuracy is too low to actually ever get that low ttk that's only low on paper.

The TL50 is incredible and can wipe an entire group respawn without even reloading if you know how to use it. I have never seen the Blurrg accomplish this.

To the OP: I have not seen any calls for the TL50 to be nerfed.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

The TL50 is incredible and can wipe an entire group respawn without even reloading if you know how to use it. I have never seen the Blurrg accomplish this.

To the OP: I have not seen any calls for the TL50 to be nerfed.

Agree the TL-50 is great but only in close range. Even medium range with the spread and inaccuracy of the rapid fire, chances are you'll lose to a blurgg, SE44c, or CR-2.
  • Makiroa wrote: »

As was pointed out to me, you can argue and pretend all you want. If you want to use facts that's fine. I have said that it's accuracy is lower, I am not comparing it to the current blurrg . Nonetheless it is still the second best weapon in the game, it is certainly going to be the next weapon of choice once the blurrg and officer class is nerfed.

It's way better than the se44, which is spray and pray, in accuracy. Personally I am not asking for a nerf, but the meta is changing to it soon, so the nerf calls will come for it.
  • Don't worry they are tweaking SCS back up so I'm sure people will be saying its still too OP just like they did about the blurgg post adjustment. TL 50 can't perform at range and if I get a few more seconds on SCS making it useful again all those officers are going to think twice poking their pointy hatted heads around those corners.
  • When they run out of the overpowered weapons to nerf (Blurgg, SE44 with burst), the mob will move on to the good weapons next (NT242, TL50, current CR2) next.

So say the officer spammers.

Well that's ok. Let's test that theory. Nerf the Blurgg.
  • The TL-50 is superior to the other heavy weapons. Whether or not the TL-50 needs a nerf or the others a buff I don’t know.
  • Uh, if you nerf the TL-50 its going to suck even harder than it does now (Not that it sucks but its cqc weapon). stop these nerf threads, you're making my eyes bleed.
  • Uh, if you nerf the TL-50 its going to suck even harder than it does now (Not that it sucks but its cqc weapon). stop these nerf threads, you're making my eyes bleed.

If you seriously think I support nerfing the TL50...
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    The TL-50 is superior to the other heavy weapons. Whether or not the TL-50 needs a nerf or the others a buff I don’t know.

In close quarters, yes, the TL-50 is superior. At any range beyond about 25 meters, good luck. Plus, the FWMB-10K has Ion shot, which helps destroy vehicles quickly. Explosive Shot for the DC-15LE is also pretty fun, but if you used improved zoom instead, you can get some good distance with it
  • Doesn't take a genius, hero Farmer's will move on from the officer class once they nerf it. The next best bp gain is heavy/tl50/ion turret/bh. The Tl59 is the second best weapon in the game, added to 200hp, and once blurrg goes it will unstoppable in cqc v any other class.

Ttk for tl50 vs assault or officer = 0.34
    Ttk for cr2 v heavy = 0.48s
    Ttk for se44 v heavy = 0.48s

Chances of se44 or cr2 hitting that many headshots is low. Hence heavies can take two shots to the head and still win 1v1
  • I wouldn't worry too much about that. Unless the heavy gets to generate instant BP by secondary firing the TL50 onto his teammates at the start of the match.

He needs go get out there and KILL for points? Sounds good.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I’ve unlocked the blurrg and I don’t like it, the s-5 has better range and damage and I like that it has ion shot

Personally I felt the s-5 has the damage of the dL-44 and the range of the X-8 nightsniper.

I've been an S5+ION guy since launch , still to this day.

I'm glad the blurrg gets all the hate.

• NERFTHEOP wrote: »
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    I’ve unlocked the blurrg and I don’t like it, the s-5 has better range and damage and I like that it has ion shot

I've been an S5+ION guy since launch , still to this day.

I'm glad the blurrg gets all the hate.

I'm an S5 carry too, in fact I struggled to find a blurrg video when I needed one for stats.
  • If the TL-50 ever got nerfed, I will legitimately quit this game. If anything it should get a slight accuracy buff. The range of the TL-50 protects it from any nerfing in the future, it’s basically a shotgun. FMB-10k could use an accuracy buff and a lot more people would use it. The default heavy gun for each faction is also actually fantastic because they do ludicrous headshot damage. The reason people call for nerfs is because one thing gets popular regardless of how good/bad it is. The TL-50 is right where it’s supposed to be. I do agree the ion turret should be nerfed towards infantry though. But SE44c rapid fire and blurrg super burst need to be deleted, throw that officer class on the bonfire imo lol
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • I wouldn't worry too much about that. Unless the heavy gets to generate instant BP by secondary firing the TL50 onto his teammates at the start of the match.

Think you are missing the point. Once officer bp gain is nerfed, then the only reason to choose between them is weapon choice. As blurrg will be nerfed too, then the obvious choice is heavy, which has passive bp generation and the best weapon by far.

At which point all those people being killed will see that it is the heavy who now generates bp fastest and has the most powerful weapon.

As shown it is undeniably a good weapon only second to the blurrg ATM.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    If the TL-50 ever got nerfed, I will legitimately quit this game. If anything it should get a slight accuracy buff. The range of the TL-50 protects it from any nerfing in the future, it’s basically a shotgun. FMB-10k could use an accuracy buff and a lot more people would use it. The default heavy gun for each faction is also actually fantastic because they do ludicrous headshot damage. The reason people call for nerfs is because one thing gets popular regardless of how good/bad it is. The TL-50 is right where it’s supposed to be. I do agree the ion turret should be nerfed towards infantry though. But SE44c rapid fire and blurrg super burst need to be deleted, throw that officer class on the bonfire imo lol

The range drop off is not as bad as you expect, better than the se44 for example. If as heavy you are getting killed by the se44 with the tl50 I have already shown you are getting in the wrong fights. You can take 2 headshots and still win the fight.
  • It's the usual thing.Take a character that has extra health and and then pair it up a with weapon like the TL50 and abuse players in CQC modes while completely ignoring the objective....and of course it's going to cause nerf calls...but it's cheap players that's the problem
    WildSpace wrote: »
    If the TL-50 ever got nerfed, I will legitimately quit this game. If anything it should get a slight accuracy buff. The range of the TL-50 protects it from any nerfing in the future, it’s basically a shotgun. FMB-10k could use an accuracy buff and a lot more people would use it. The default heavy gun for each faction is also actually fantastic because they do ludicrous headshot damage. The reason people call for nerfs is because one thing gets popular regardless of how good/bad it is. The TL-50 is right where it’s supposed to be. I do agree the ion turret should be nerfed towards infantry though. But SE44c rapid fire and blurrg super burst need to be deleted, throw that officer class on the bonfire imo lol

The range drop off is not as bad as you expect, better than the se44 for example. If as heavy you are getting killed by the se44 with the tl50 I have already shown you are getting in the wrong fights. You can take 2 headshots and still win the fight.

Sorry I meant some of the spread bloom, range is totally fine you’re right.

———————————————
    If people are whining about being killed by TL-50’s then don’t let them close distance, use ion shot on your own weapons to break our shields, or evade long enough for overheat, disruption maybe? how about vanguard to the head? Uh grenades? Mac Daddy NT-242? Just a few ways to counter of the top of my head. Maybe instead of raging for nerfs on balanced weapons just adapt to the circumstance. Not hard. If you are being baited by heavies into CQC with heavy repeaters then don’t take the bait. All the assault blasters except for the CR-2 are superior at mid range, the EL-16EFE (or whatever it’s called) is basically a sniper rifle. Just use your class’ advantages, the TL-50 is one of ours.

jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Disruption is definitely not a counter to the TL-50 (its too short range you would melt anybody getting near to you), its also a line of sight device (you cant sit nearby behind cover to use it.

Fundamentally I don't disagree its reasonably balanced, but that has little to do with nerf calls.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Unless the heavy gets to generate instant BP by secondary firing the TL50 onto his teammates at the start of the match.

Think you are missing the point. Once officer bp gain is nerfed, then the only reason to choose between them is weapon choice. As blurrg will be nerfed too, then the obvious choice is heavy, which has passive bp generation and the best weapon by far.

At which point all those people being killed will see that it is the heavy who now generates bp fastest and has the most powerful weapon.

I missed this reply. And yes, I believe I did miss your earlier point as well.

While I have no reason to doubt your data regarding the TL50's DPS and agree with it from my own experience using it, I wonder if the heavy's supposedly new king of BP generation status will be as extreme as what we are seeing with the officer now. To use the ion turret, the heavy has to give up the shield and consequently a significant chunk of his survivability, and he has no self heal. The TL50 demolishes enemies, but only at one specific range. I can see the heavy being the go to class post officer nerf for BP generation, but I do not believe that it will be as runaway as it is now with the officer. The gap between the other classes will be there (assuming no changes to them) but it won't be that big.

From a broader perspective, I don't think we should let the fears of a likely/hypothetical follow up nerf to a balanced weapon dissuade us from asking for a presently imbalanced mechanic (Blurgg or officer BP generation) to get nerfed. If the prediction comes true, then we'll deal with it. If it doesn't, great.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Unless the heavy gets to generate instant BP by secondary firing the TL50 onto his teammates at the start of the match.

I missed this reply. And yes, I believe I did miss your earlier point as well.

While I have no reason to doubt your data regarding the TL50's DPS and agree with it from my own experience using it, I wonder if the heavy's supposedly new king of BP generation status will be as extreme as what we are seeing with the officer now. To use the ion turret, the heavy has to give up the shield and consequently a significant chunk of his survivability, and he has no self heal. The TL50 demolishes enemies, but only at one specific range. I can see the heavy being the go to class post officer nerf for BP generation, but I do not believe that it will be as runaway as it is now with the officer. The gap between the other classes will be there (assuming no changes to them) but it won't be that big.

From a broader perspective, I don't think we should let the fears of a likely/hypothetical follow up nerf to a balanced weapon dissuade us from asking for a presently imbalanced mechanic (Blurgg or officer BP generation) to get nerfed. If the prediction comes true, then we'll deal with it. If it doesn't, great.

I think people have posted videos of the heavy achieving of 8000+ bps in the same amount of time it takes the officer to acheive 9000 bp. My estimate is that currently the next best is about 5-6000k. If they nerf the bps for officer to be similar to the others then heavy will be the goto class (and honestly it doesn't need much difference for one to become the new hero racer).

Also having the best gun, best survivability and best passive generation of bps.

I am not saying i think the TL50 should be nerfed, just that I think it will, and pointing out why. It will depend on exactly what they do to Blurrg. If they nerf it then the TL50 won't have any competition, making it the go to weapon.