criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

14567810Next

Replies

• rollind24 wrote: »
    ok so the movie was great but can anyone explain why Dr Strange was able to use the portals to get back to the final battle after being revived? why didn’t he do that when he wanted to go back to Earth when he was stuck on the ship after Maw died? It bugged me in Infinity War why he didn’t use them to get back so why was he able to in Endgame?
    This is a terrible answer but maybe DS needs to be on a planet to use those powers? The masters of the mystic arts live in a monastery and are very connected to nature so he might need to be surrounded by a natural environment.
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    ok so the movie was great but can anyone explain why Dr Strange was able to use the portals to get back to the final battle after being revived? why didn’t he do that when he wanted to go back to Earth when he was stuck on the ship after Maw died? It bugged me in Infinity War why he didn’t use them to get back so why was he able to in Endgame?
    Good question. Could he possibly have subconsciously thought that going to Titan was the right move? Or maybe he needed to go into astral space and contact Wong for an assist.
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    I see that Hulu is working on adding a Ghost Rider series, and a Helstrom series to add alongside Runaways.

I've never used Hulu, but I read that Disney + would not only be offered alone, but also a bundle option with Hulu and ESPN+.
  • DarthJ
    6332 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Good question. Could he possibly have subconsciously thought that going to Titan was the right move? Or maybe he needed to go into astral space and contact Wong for an assist.

@AzorAhai @rollind24
    was it not just a case of he had to play it out in the exact way he saw them win when he was looking through the possibilities of Endgame? Maybe saw himself doing that? I dunno [\spoiler]
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    edited May 1
    DarthJ wrote: »

@AzorAhai @rollind24
    was it not just a case of he had to play it out in the exact way he saw them win when he was looking through the possibilities of Endgame? Maybe saw himself doing that? I dunno [\spoiler]
    Maybe but he hadn’t viewed all those outcomes until he reached Titan.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • As someone who greatly dislikes TR, I thought Thor was a little too comedic in this film for my tastes. But the scenes with his mother were amazing and easily one of my favorite scenes in the film.
  • As someone who greatly dislikes TR, I thought Thor was a little too comedic in this film for my tastes. But the scenes with his mother were amazing and easily one of my favorite scenes in the film.
    Yeah, Thor's scenes with Frigga actually made me like The Dark World more
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    As someone who greatly dislikes TR, I thought Thor was a little too comedic in this film for my tastes. But the scenes with his mother were amazing and easily one of my favorite scenes in the film.
    It's a fairly common criticism in this thread. But I didn't mind all the humor. Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. Thor's been through a lot, and End Game movie had some heavy emotion in it. I particularly thought the Asgardians of the Galaxy scene at the end was needed...great comic relief after all that had come before.

I think it may have actually helped the movie be a little more family friendly, I don't know.
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    edited May 2
    As someone who greatly dislikes TR, I thought Thor was a little too comedic in this film for my tastes. But the scenes with his mother were amazing and easily one of my favorite scenes in the film.
    It's a fairly common criticism in this thread. But I didn't mind all the humor. Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. Thor's been through a lot, and End Game movie had some heavy emotion in it. I particularly thought the Asgardians of the Galaxy scene at the end was needed...great comic relief after all that had come before.

I think it may have actually helped the movie be a little more family friendly, I don't know.
    I didn’t mind it either. His character arc reflected his personal opinions on playing Thor also, especially what his mother said to him. He felt forced into being King of Asgard, wasn’t having fun etc. Now he can have fun with it and enjoy himself. Glad we get to keep Hemsworth a while longer.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Mastahpeece
    2034 posts Member
    Doctor Strange 2 concept art
    image0.jpg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    u3x9p8j20uso.jpeg

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    b6zmxbwlizd8.jpeg

Ok this made me laugh
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    Far From Home trailer. This one definitely has Endgame spoilers

#infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member

I rewatched Homecoming for the first time last night. Just an incredible movie. I'm prepared to call it the equal of Spider-man 2, which has been my favorite Spider-man movie since I first saw it when it came out.

• rollind24
    5347 posts Member

I rewatched Homecoming for the first time last night. Just an incredible movie. I'm prepared to call it the equal of Spider-man 2, which has been my favorite Spider-man movie since I first saw it when it came out.

Yea I did really like Homecoming. I have to say the first trailer for FFH didn’t leave me to excited, we had Endgame coming up so hard to top excitement for that and either way I was gonna be there opening weekend since it’s Spiderman. After this trailer though I’m sold again. Can’t wait to see how they play Mysterio, looks to be set up for a long arc rather than a one off.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member

Yea I did really like Homecoming. I have to say the first trailer for FFH didn’t leave me to excited, we had Endgame coming up so hard to top excitement for that and either way I was gonna be there opening weekend since it’s Spiderman. After this trailer though I’m sold again. Can’t wait to see how they play Mysterio, looks to be set up for a long arc rather than a one off.

I can't wait to see it.
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member

This just dawned on me.

There was a 5 issue limited series in the comics called Spider-men. And it was basically Spider-man (Peter Parker) of Earth 616 teaming up with the Spider-man of the Ultimate Universe (Miles Morales) to stop Mysterio, who'd found a way to hop between worlds.

• MyLittleGreenFriend
    3472 posts Member
    edited May 6

This just dawned on me.

There was a 5 issue limited series in the comics called Spider-men. And it was basically Spider-man (Peter Parker) of Earth 616 teaming up with the Spider-man of the Ultimate Universe (Miles Morales) to stop Mysterio, who'd found a way to hop between worlds.

Interesting... Spider Verse was very popular, so maybe... but as shown by Endgame, Marvel isn't afraid to go in a different direction then the comics.
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    edited May 6

This just dawned on me.

Interesting... Spider Verse was very popular, so maybe... but as shown by Endgame, Marvel isn't afraid to go in a different direction then the comics.

The MCU is different than the comics. It's a different parallel earth, but it's all taking place in the same multi-verse that the comics are in.

But it appears that Mysterio will be a dimension hopper, like in the comics. That's all I'm saying.

(this is a relatively new development in the history of Mysterio...2012...up until that trailer, I had no idea at all that this would be a thing...I was expecting more of a 'classic' Mysterio...this pleases me more though)
  • Question regarding endgame. Spoiler ahead!
    So, when Hulk snapped and brought back the fallen people, did they actually come from the exact moment they were dusted? From their perspective, did they just fall on the ground in Wakanda (or Titan, or wherever) and then just like wake up and realize they were on a new battlefield and had to fight? Just curious, I've only seen it once and it was opening night so it's kinda hazy now. Asking for a friend, not me, seriously. lol
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    edited May 13
    Question regarding endgame. Spoiler ahead!
    So, when Hulk snapped and brought back the fallen people, did they actually come from the exact moment they were dusted? From their perspective, did they just fall on the ground in Wakanda (or Titan, or wherever) and then just like wake up and realize they were on a new battlefield and had to fight? Just curious, I've only seen it once and it was opening night so it's kinda hazy now. Asking for a friend, not me, seriously. lol
    Thats what it sounded like to me. Peter was explaining to Tony something along the lines of him turning to dust then waking up. And I think Dr Strange was there to explain they had to get back to help. Which makes sense since he knew where they had to go after viewing all those outcomes
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited May 13
    Thats what it sounded like to me. Peter was explaining to Tony something along the lines of him turning to dust then waking up. And I think Dr Strange was there to explain they had to get back to help. Which makes sense since he knew where they had to go after viewing all those outcomes
    Yeah. Dr. Strange became the guide for all of them who had been dusted. That’s why we see his portals he opened to allow for the return. If he did not guide them in whatever realm they were existing in, they would have lost to Thanos all over again.

He, along with the surviving Avengers, were trying to ensure that this wouldn’t happen. That this battle would be the 1 of the 14 million chances that is successful.
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    Yeah. Dr. Strange became the guide for all of them who had been dusted. That’s why we see his portals he opened to allow for the return. If he did not guide them in whatever realm they were existing in, they would have lost to Thanos all over again.

He, along with the surviving Avengers, were trying to ensure that this wouldn’t happen. That this battle would be the 1 of the 14 million chances that is successful.

Cool, that's what I was looking for. I remember that stuff now. Thanks very much, both of you's. Enjoy a cookie! :cookie:
  • I have another question.
    Won't Spider-Man be five years younger than all his classmates that weren't killed in the snap?

• AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    I have another question.
    Won't Spider-Man be five years younger than all his classmates that weren't killed in the snap?
    I considered this after I saw the movie, and I've come to the conclusion that any recurring classmates from Homecoming also didn't survive Thanos' first snap of his fingers.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I have another question.
    I considered this after I saw the movie, and I've come to the conclusion that any recurring classmates from Homecoming also didn't survive Thanos' first snap of his fingers.

ooh, I think I read about this one:
    Some of his classmates are already in college, but Ned, Betty and MJ were decimated, so they are still his age.
    (ha, I read that as Ned Beatty, Mister Luthor! lol 1978 Superman, anyone?)
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    I have another question.

Some of his classmates are already in college, but Ned, Betty and MJ were decimated, so they are still his age.

makes sense.

• AzorAhai wrote: »
    I have another question.

That's gotta be it.
  • The Marvel Studios subreddit ended their spoiler period, so can we be done with the spoiler tags as well?
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • The Marvel Studios subreddit ended their spoiler period, so can we be done with the spoiler tags as well?

Yeah I would assume so I’ll just post a major spoiler to start us off.....

Thanos is purple

Thanos is purple

Yeah, with a bald head.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Thanos is purple

Yeah, with a bald head.

And a nasty chin.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    The Marvel Studios subreddit ended their spoiler period, so can we be done with the spoiler tags as well?

Sure! I was trying to still be respectful.
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    Last weekend, I finally got my daughter to watch Guardians of the Galaxy with me, and a couple days ago we watched Vol 2.

It's the first time I've seen that one since I saw it in the theater, and I enjoyed a lot more than I did the first time.

I must've carried some life stress into that first viewing with me, because I remember it not being nearly as good as the first one.

Now I've changed my mind. I would now call it every bit the equal of the first one.

Side note: These movies have a LOT more sexual innuendo than the rest of the MCU movies do. :#
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    edited May 21
    Last weekend, I finally got my daughter to watch Guardians of the Galaxy with me, and a couple days ago we watched Vol 2.

It's the first time I've seen that one since I saw it in the theater, and I enjoyed a lot more than I did the first time.

I must've carried some life stress into that first viewing with me, because I remember it not being nearly as good as the first one.

Now I've changed my mind. I would now call it every bit the equal of the first one.

Side note: These movies have a LOT more sexual innuendo than the rest of the MCU movies do. :#

GoG are my favorite MCU franchise. There’s a lot of deep character growth between a lot of the characters that I think gets lost between the jokes
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    Is anyone else excited to see what Square Enix is revealing tonight?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lowell
    798 posts Member

Honestly, Battlefront II is looking better as a live service since we never had any exclusive like the Rogue One PSVR experience. This Avengers game looks average but I'm guessing Sony paid to keep Spider-Man as an exclusive hostage for this game only to PS4 users.

Trailer:

Presentation (has more footage and exclusive details):

• lowell wrote: »

Honestly, Battlefront II is looking better as a live service since we never had any exclusive like the Rogue One PSVR experience. This Avengers game looks average but I'm guessing Sony paid to keep Spider-Man as an exclusive hostage for this game only to PS4 users.

Trailer:

Disappointing tbh. Pretty sure it's been almost 2 years since the last teaser and that's all we get? Can't take away too much from it since there's no gameplay, but the graphics are just painfully average at best. I know graphics don't determine a game's quality, but come on.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • lowell
    798 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Trailer:

Disappointing tbh. Pretty sure it's been almost 2 years since the last teaser and that's all we get? Can't take away too much from it since there's no gameplay, but the graphics are just painfully average at best. I know graphics don't determine a game's quality, but come on.

Some people have said the studio must've just ported the Marvel mobile game models over and fused them together and called it a new game. I'm still waiting to see what comes next and I'm confused how the story is going to be spread between both single-player offline and multiplayer online.
  • SamHJ7
    86 posts Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Alright, here's my full spoiler review
    It was okay
    If judging it as a standalone film, I agree. It heavily relies on previous knowledge of the universe itself, and is a real hit or miss because of that. But then again, there's not much else they could've done in terms of it. Restablishing character traits would not only get repetitive, but it would also feel out of place. It's very much an experimental film in not just it's structure, but in how it plays out as well.

What I think they did right was that there really is something in there for most people. Don't care about the characters? Then there's action. Not one for action? There's comedy there too. And so on and so forth. I don't think anyone could call it a boring movie.
    For something that was supposed to be the 10 year anniversary film of the MCU, it just didn't feel special. It felt like an above average Marvel movie. Not saying it was bad, but it didn't feel like it was a big start of the conclusion of the MCU. I can garuntee for a fact that I'll like part 2 more, but part 1 was just alright. Winter Soldier still is, and always will be the best MCU film, no contest.
    Winter Soldier is imo the most underrated of the MCU.

Its easily my favorite, and should be considered one of, if not the best MCU films. The Cap trilogy itself is easily my favorite of the MCU, and one of my favorite movie trilogies.
    Lol, I just realized that Bucky in Winter Soldier is your profile picture.

Yup :P I love me some Bucky. Planning to see if a welder friend of mine can make me a metal arm so I can start cosplaying him.
    But despite being such a huge fan of Bucky, I felt nothing when he "died", because other than being near certain none of those characters are dead, Bucky is 100% going to become Captain America after Chris Evan's contract is up.

This aged well
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Trailer:

I have to agree. I wasn’t expecting the characters to look like the MCU counterparts but they just look weird to me. I’ll have to wait and see how the gameplay is I guess.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Looks like they’re trying too hard to copy the movies. Part of the reason I love Spider-Man PS4’s take on the characters is that they make it their own and don’t copy the films

Dialogue is yuck

And it’s a live service game 🙄

Not looking great so far imo
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    5347 posts Member
    edited June 11

Dialogue is yuck

Tony, “Did Thor just make a joke!?”

That’s fine if they want to create their own thing but they must have created that line years ago?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member
    edited June 11
    I like to be completely honest with stuff and not censor anything... and this game looks like hot garbage. Made me NOT want to buy it if anything

First their looks: they look like kmart avengers. They look like they took the movie designs but distorted them to try and male them their own thing. For reference when I see insomniac’s spiderman im like “hey thats spidey from ps4!” When i see whatever this company’s name is’ captain america im gonna be like “oh”. Look at Injustice 2. They made their suits unique but the characters actually resemble their classic looks (aside from WW).
    latest?cb=20170531010923
    latest?cb=20170531001914 I honestly had trouble identifying Cap in the trailer, like wtf was is that design
    pTH4CowCoWKtmKpBNUkwJh-1200-80.jpg
    And the graphics :triumph: They just look too bland. Also if they wanted to make this their own definitive version of the avengers why did they try so hard to match it to the mcu? They coulda changed the roster up and have wasp instead of widow.
    Also the characterization with stuff like the banter and chemistry... was painful. Also i dont like the idea of Nolan North being Tony stark. They got Travis and Laura back i dont know why they didnt get Roger Craig Smith and Adrian Pasar back

Overall they this looks like a hodgepodge of trying to copy other stuff while not making it unique enough. Also i have no idea what this game is going to be about... i heard something about playing online, adding updates, but whats the meat and potatoes?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member

Dialogue is yuck

Tony, “Did Thor just make a joke!?”

That’s fine if they want to create their own thing but they must have created that line years ago?

That type of banter seems to resemble the avengers assemble cartoon where thor isnt as whitty

Yet they have that scene of bruce and tony arguing like its inspired from the mcu.
    To me this shows me that they dont have a clear idea of what direction they want to take
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • DarthJ
    6332 posts Member
    Yeah....graphics look poor. Characters look bloated? Looks like Spider-Man will still be the only contender to trying to take DC on in the gaming stakes. The Arkham series is still superior, and doesnt feel like it ages when playing it.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cadoth
    1011 posts Member
    Quick question: am I the only one who went completely nuts when Scarlet witch landed in front of Thanos?