criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    With regards to the leak mentioned, I stumbled across small parts by accident and don't believe them. They contradict themselves far too much, with one leak contradicting another.

To be honest, if the small amount I saw WAS true, I would possibly predict a TLJ-esque division of the audience. It wouldn't be a good thing for me. All I am saying.

However, I don't think its true.

Apparently the leak is actually true. Not sure which one you read but one particular leak was leaked from someone who had an early screening. I’ve not read the leaks but the supposed leaker could be purposefully lying?

@VaderFist501st its hard to say without spoilers - I can PM you if you have seen them?

Its just out of the small amount I saw, at least 2 or 3 contradicted each other completely. And if it does happen, I dont think its going to be an excellent film. Hopefully they are wrong/were lying.

Nah I’ve avoided the spoilers. I find it odd the the leaker contradicts himself? If he’s contradicting himself then it makes me think he could be making some of this stuff up
  • jordi1337
    1385 posts Member
    was definitely a great summary of the mcu and wouldve been a good last movie but i dont mind more movies. much fan service but awesome
  • DarthJ
    6555 posts Member
    With regards to the leak mentioned, I stumbled across small parts by accident and don't believe them. They contradict themselves far too much, with one leak contradicting another.

To be honest, if the small amount I saw WAS true, I would possibly predict a TLJ-esque division of the audience. It wouldn't be a good thing for me. All I am saying.

Apparently the leak is actually true. Not sure which one you read but one particular leak was leaked from someone who had an early screening. I’ve not read the leaks but the supposed leaker could be purposefully lying?

@VaderFist501st its hard to say without spoilers - I can PM you if you have seen them?

Its just out of the small amount I saw, at least 2 or 3 contradicted each other completely. And if it does happen, I dont think its going to be an excellent film. Hopefully they are wrong/were lying.

Nah I’ve avoided the spoilers. I find it odd the the leaker contradicts himself? If he’s contradicting himself then it makes me think he could be making some of this stuff up

Yeah thats why I think most of its made up, if not all
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    Peace guys. I'm avoiding this thread until Friday at about Noon.

LOL.

May the Force be with you all!
  • DarthJ
    6555 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Peace guys. I'm avoiding this thread until Friday at about Noon.

LOL.

May the Force be with you all!

Yeah I am avoiding it from now until saturday afternoon too
  • IronSoldier
    3606 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Reminder to keep all spoilers to spoiler tags please. Any malicious spoiler posting will result in a warning.

Off to see this in 11 hours! :D
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Reminder to keep all spoilers to spoiler tags please. Any malicious spoiler posting will result in a warning.

Off to see this in 11 hours! :D

Surely you can snap them out of existence for a malicious spoiler!

m3yur61gtdsw.jpeg
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Batman20
    1769 posts Member
    I'm on my way to see endgame now can't wait to see it. Shall update once I've seen it on what my thoughts were obviously spoiler free thoughts

yeah, I agree. I saw it by accident and when told it was a leak, I was super skeptical.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Mastahpeece
    2118 posts Member
    edited April 25
    Since Fortnite exists in this universe, does the Thanos mode also exist 🤔
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker has a lot to live up to now.

(Not going to try to give any spoilers just in case others haven’t watched it yet!)

*inhales and exhales deeply*

I’m still recovering from everything I just watched.... Absolutely, by far, one of the best wrap ups to a series in a while!

bzz0riad7svo.gif

I’m ecstatic, I’m sad, I can feel my hands trembling...all kinds of emotions for running through me right now. And the crowd I watched it with made it such a fun night, one I won’t forget.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?
    Post edited by Maliainu on
  • Remember. Thanos demands your silence. No spoilers!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Maliainu wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

(Not going to try to give any spoilers just in case others haven’t watched it yet!)

I’m still recovering from everything I just watched.... Absolutely, by far, one of the best wrap ups to a series in a while!

bzz0riad7svo.gif

I’m ecstatic, I’m sad, I can feel my hands trembling...all kinds of emotions for running through me right now. And the crowd I watched it with made it such a fun night, one I won’t forget.

Unfortunately work is going to be torture today waiting to see it
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • best show ever. everything that TLJ wasn't, this was.
  • Batman20
    1769 posts Member
    I loved it thought it was a great conclusion it's not a perfect film but still one of the best marvel films yet
  • best show ever. everything that TLJ wasn't, this was.

And people said it would be the "Last Jedi" of the MCU... Ridiculous.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Batman20
    1769 posts Member
    best show ever. everything that TLJ wasn't, this was.

And people said it would be the "Last Jedi" of the MCU... Ridiculous.

Why did people think it would be the last jedi of the MCU especially after how great infinity war was and the same directors were doing this plus the trailers always looked awesome for this
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

STOP IT! STOP IT! I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS! THE URGE TO LOOK UP THE STORY IS SO GREAT!
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    Great movie.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Great movie.
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

STOP IT! STOP IT! I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS! THE URGE TO LOOK UP THE STORY IS SO GREAT!

• AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    Great movie.
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

Are you planning to see it anytime soon?
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

I can’t wait for more reactions! I want to discuss it so badly!!!!
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Great movie.
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

NOT SOON ENOUGH!
    Yes lol
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

Unfortunately work is going to be torture today waiting to see it

Tell me your thoughts when you get a chance to watch it!
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Great movie.
    Oh. My. God. 🤩

bzz0riad7svo.gif

NOT SOON ENOUGH!
    Yes lol

Sorry, not trying to rub it in....
    I’m going to watch again tonight 😁🤓
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 27
    -Deleted double post-
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    NOT SOON ENOUGH!
    Yes lol

Sorry, not trying to rub it in....
    I’m going to watch again tonight 😁🤓

Yeah, I got tix to see it with my wife and daughter on Sunday morning, but didn't feel like taking chances with spoilers. Looking forward to seeing it again.
  • Cries in Saturday tickets
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Cries in Saturday tickets

Cries in my pre ordered tickets being mistakenly sold by theater

My theater is terrible.
    Post edited by VaderFist501st on
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2814 posts Member
    edited April 27
    I enjoyed it, hope y'all do too.
    This is a real spoiler.
    Cap getting the hammer was awesome.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    Was downright awesome. I’m so pumped about one thing in particular for the future!

Real spoiler below
    Thor as a Guardian absolutely made my day. I am so damn excited for GoG3
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Every time the characters met .... no spoilers ... I cried.
    Every time .... no spoilers ... I cried.
    And I was so happy for the female right at the end ... I cried.
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    Every time the characters met .... no spoilers ... I cried.

Happened to someone in the theater I was in just a couple seats over from me. I felt bad for her, and was hoping they could realize the error (like someone was sitting in the wrong seat), but it didn't appear to happen. Hopefully she was compensated nicely in the form of future free tix, a seat at the next show on the next screen (20 minutes later), and some free concessions.
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    This is a real spoiler.

YES!
  • Xerogon
    479 posts Member
    Good film overall, not great but good, the last one was better imo.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

Same here. I could hear almost everyone in my theater crying 😢
  • DarthJ
    6555 posts Member
    Overhyped for me personally. Too long and some tedious parts. Decent overall but nowhere near the great film I hear it getting rated as and I would have some other Marvel films way ahead of it. My biigest annoyance is the spoiler below
    particularly peeved that they overlooked Bucky to become Cap. Kind of makes Bucky irrelevant at this point. Should have went with Bucky for a film/part of a series and then onto Falcon
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Was downright awesome. I’m so pumped about one thing in particular for the future!

Real spoiler below
    Can’t wait to see how they get Gamora back on the team, and curious about whether they will try to rekindle the flame between her and Star-Lord
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    This is a real spoiler.
    The battle with Thanos was one of my favorite moments. When Cap gets a radio in from Sam, and seeing all the portals open revealing the return of the Avengers alongside a massive army... gave me the chills.
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member

Real spoiler below
    Can’t wait to see how the get Gamora back on the team, and curious about whether they will try to rekindle the flame between her and Star-Lord
    When I left the theater my assumption was that will be the main driver of GoG3 was getting her back, just with Thor in the team. Maybe he will still be fat and she won’t be into his muscles like she was in Infinity War lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    edited April 27

Same here. I could hear almost everyone in my theater crying 😢
    My youngest daughter was bawling from Iron Man but also ecstatic that SpiderMan was back. Total mess of emotions. The wife even shed some tears (which I was not expecting at all) over Cap getting his life with Peggy
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Overhyped for me personally. Too long and some tedious parts. Decent overall but nowhere near the great film I hear it getting rated as and I would have some other Marvel films way ahead of it. My biigest annoyance is the spoiler below
    particularly peeved that they overlooked Bucky to become Cap. Kind of makes Bucky irrelevant at this point. Should have went with Bucky for a film/part of a series and then onto Falcon

Did your son enjoy it?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    edited April 27
    I have to say, if the Black Widow movie is a straight up prequel only to flesh out her characters back story I’m very disappointed. I want the marvel movies to either be to introduce characters or move the narrative forwards. If it straight up prequel just for her character they should do that on Disney +
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    😂 If he still is, that’s going to be the best part for me.
    I loved all the Lebowski references, and how Thor was the one who was picked for it
    When I left the theater my assumption was that will be the main driver of GoG3 was getting her back, just with Thor in the team. Maybe he will still be fat and she won’t be into his muscles like she was in Infinity War lol
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Real spoiler below
    That and Th4r will probably be the only ones I see after this
    I have to say, if the Black Widow movie is a straight up prequel only to flesh out her characters back story I’m very disappointed. I want the marvel movies to either be to introduce characters or move the narrative forwards. If it straight up prequel just for her character they should do that on Disney +
    It’s going to be her and Hawkeye fighting over who gets to jump off the cliff for 2 hours
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Dang. This place is a spoiler minefield.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Dang. This place is a spoiler minefield.

Of course. The movie just came out so unless you watched it, it’s a spoiler.
  • Major spoilers below!
    I thought the movie was pretty good overall. The fight scenes later in the movie are all well done and very entertaining. Thanos being instantly defeated so easily at the beginning of the movie was very anti climatic and disappointing. And wow is captain marvel powerful. If she can go toe to toe with thanos that easily who would really be a threat to her in the other films?
  • AzorAhai
    1327 posts Member
    Major spoilers below!
    I thought the movie was pretty good overall. The fight scenes later in the movie are all well done and very entertaining. Thanos being instantly defeated so easily at the beginning of the movie was very anti climatic and disappointing. And wow is captain marvel powerful. If she can go toe to toe with thanos that easily who would really be a threat to her in the other films?
    I see Captain Marvel going forward as mostly a cosmic hero. She's sort of the Nova figure of the MCU up to this point, so whatever she takes on will be super powerful...this is also why she'd be wasted in a movie set on earth, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
  • rollind24
    5671 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Major spoilers below!
    Definitely quite powerful. She is powered by an infinity stone though. Her going through ships like nothing reminds me of Thor doing the same in Infinity War in Wakanda. Was glad the Russo’s didn’t use her as the Ace though in the movie like most people thought they would.

Thanos head chop was definitely unexpected for me. It did help to set up a further sense of despair for the characters even though we all knew they’d figure out a way.
    #infantrylivesmatter