criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• rollind24 wrote: »
    Major spoilers below!
    I thought the movie was pretty good overall. The fight scenes later in the movie are all well done and very entertaining. Thanos being instantly defeated so easily at the beginning of the movie was very anti climatic and disappointing. And wow is captain marvel powerful. If she can go toe to toe with thanos that easily who would really be a threat to her in the other films?
    Definitely quite powerful. She is powered by an infinity stone though. Her going through ships like nothing reminds me of Thor doing the same in Infinity War in Wakanda. Was glad the Russo’s didn’t use her as the Ace though in the movie like most people thought they would.

Thanos head chop was definitely unexpected for me. It did help to set up a further sense of despair for the characters even though we all knew they’d figure out a way.
    I was just so surprised how little of a fight he seemed to put up. He goes from casually farming to being helplessly beaten too quickly for someone who is supposed to be such a strong villain. It was so shocking.

And like you said earlier, Thor joining the guardians was such a great moment. I suppose he will now be in their films which is really cool.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Major spoilers below!
    I thought the movie was pretty good overall. The fight scenes later in the movie are all well done and very entertaining. Thanos being instantly defeated so easily at the beginning of the movie was very anti climatic and disappointing. And wow is captain marvel powerful. If she can go toe to toe with thanos that easily who would really be a threat to her in the other films?
    Definitely quite powerful. She is powered by an infinity stone though. Her going through ships like nothing reminds me of Thor doing the same in Infinity War in Wakanda. Was glad the Russo’s didn’t use her as the Ace though in the movie like most people thought they would.

Thanos head chop was definitely unexpected for me. It did help to set up a further sense of despair for the characters even though we all knew they’d figure out a way.
    Agree. And I also feel like it helped with moving on to the main plot of this story, which was to retrieve the stones and try to bring everyone back. When Tony first asked Dr. Strange in AIW if they had any chance of winning against Thanos, that basically was already a spoiler. It was this whole movie from start to finish. Except it took them 5 years after they first killed Thanos for the 1 out of 14 million possible scenarios Dr. Strange saw for it to happen.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Major spoilers below!

I was just so surprised how little of a fight he seemed to put up. He goes from casually farming to being helplessly beaten too quickly for someone who is supposed to be such a strong villain. It was so shocking.

And like you said earlier, Thor joining the guardians was such a great moment. I suppose he will now be in their films which is really cool.
    I could see how it would be shocking. But the movies explained that even gods are not invincible (this was said in Thor Ragnarok). Thanos is no exception to this rule in the reality of the films.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I could see how it would be shocking. But the movies explained that even gods are not invincible (this was said in Thor Ragnarok). Thanos is no exception to this rule in the reality of the Avengers films.
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    I could see how it would be shocking. But the movies explained that even gods are not invincible (this was said in Thor Ragnarok). Thanos is no exception to this rule in the reality of the Avengers films.
    I do have to admit I was legitly nervous Thanos or Nebula (based on her wielding the gauntlet in the comics) would succeed a second time. When Thanos mentioned recreating the universe to where no one remembered the last one my mind went to how happy everyone seemed in the Far From Home trailer
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Overhyped for me personally. Too long and some tedious parts. Decent overall but nowhere near the great film I hear it getting rated as and I would have some other Marvel films way ahead of it. My biigest annoyance is the spoiler below
    particularly peeved that they overlooked Bucky to become Cap. Kind of makes Bucky irrelevant at this point. Should have went with Bucky for a film/part of a series and then onto Falcon

Did your son enjoy it?

He seemed disinterested at points
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    Major spoilers below!

kb4wrmdwf3ea.gif

I admit it’s a little jarring but he seemed like a man content with what he’d accomplished. He destroyed the stones so he felt satisfied with what he had done. Didn’t have that burning desire or fight for more. We also never saw him not owning atleast one stone so stoneless he could be quite beatable.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    Was downright awesome. I’m so pumped about one thing in particular for the future!

Real spoiler below
    Thor as a Guardian absolutely made my day. I am so damn excited for GoG3
    That and Th4r will probably be the only ones I see after this
    I have to say, if the Black Widow movie is a straight up prequel only to flesh out her characters back story I’m very disappointed. I want the marvel movies to either be to introduce characters or move the narrative forwards. If it straight up prequel just for her character they should do that on Disney +
    It’s going to be her and Hawkeye fighting over who gets to jump off the cliff for 2 hours
    I hope there is a Thor 4 but I’m not holding my breath for it. He could be used the same way Tony was after his trilogy finale what seems like forever ago
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I do have to admit I was legitly nervous Thanos or Nebula (based on her wielding the gauntlet in the comics) would succeed a second time. When Thanos mentioned recreating the universe to where no one remembered the last one my mind went to how happy everyone seemed in the Far From Home trailer
    Same here. It felt like that many times and I was almost doubting it would be an actual success
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    The more I think about it, the more I see it as overhyped. Some pro's and cons for me:
    - Hawkeye's story was great, possibly the best parts of the film. Genuinely felt for him and his losses. Black Widows death hit him hard.
    - Hulk and Banner becoming one worked well, in terms of the intelligence side.
    - Thor was funny at points and it will be interesting to see GOTG3 with him in it.
    - Iron Man had a good send off. Not the biggest iron man fan per se, so I felt less emotionally attached to him than others do.
    - Seeing all of them come together at the end for the battle was great.
    - Cap picking up Mjolnir and battling Thanos was amazing.
    My cons:
    - film was overall too long and boring at points.
    - Thor and Hulk. Listed them as good points but also have bad points. Both have went from massively cool bad*** characters to comedic characters. Thor especially. Banner saying he saw Hulk as a benefit and then looking ashamed of Hulk in NY was contradictory. Felt like they were downgraded or put aside so everyone can be in awe of Captain Marvel. Could easily have still had all 3 as bad*** characters.
    - Brie Larson just cannot act. Even for the small amount of scenes she was in. They could have cast a better Captain Marvel.
    - Dr Strange comes back and basically holds a water twister for the entire fight. Its like they brought him in and didnt know what to do with him beyond that.
    - Cap giving his shield to Falcon. That SHOULD have been Bucky. Bucky should be Cap for a film or a TV series. Darker, grittier Cap. I mean, Cap went through Winter Soldier trying to turn Bucky back to himself after the reveal, and stood by him all through Civil War. And now he doesnt even want to speak to him as an old man? Bit weird no? I like Falcon and am happy to see a new cap, but Bucky should have had it first, as per the comics. Bit of a two fingers up to Cap comics fans. Bucky is his best friend for crying out loud. He approved, sure, but come on man. Way to downgrade their friendship completely.
    - Cap going back in time and staying. A decent send off for himself, sure. But we havr been shown that throughout each film Cap talks about sacrifice, puts himself at risk over others for the greater good. And now he decided he is gonna go back and do what he wants for himself? Real Cap would have known Peggy had a husband eventually and wouldnt have put his own good ahead of others. He asked Stark to sacrifice, and then did that? Yeah OK.

• rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Watched Endgame today, easily my favorite movie of all-time
    The more I think about it, the more I see it as overhyped. Some pro's and cons for me:
    - Hawkeye's story was great, possibly the best parts of the film. Genuinely felt for him and his losses. Black Widows death hit him hard.
    - Thor was funny at points and it will be interesting to see GOTG3 with him in it.
    - Iron Man had a good send off. Not the biggest iron man fan per se, so I felt less emotionally attached to him than others do.
    My cons:
    - Thor and Hulk. Listed them as good points but also have bad points. Both have went from massively cool bad*** characters to comedic characters. Thor especially. Banner saying he saw Hulk as a benefit and then looking ashamed of Hulk in NY was contradictory. Felt like they were downgraded or put aside so everyone can be in awe of Captain Marvel. Could easily have still had all 3 as bad*** characters.
    - Brie Larson just cannot act. Even for the small amount of scenes she was in. They could have cast a better Captain Marvel.
    - Dr Strange comes back and basically holds a water twister for the entire fight. Its like they brought him in and didnt know what to do with him beyond that.
    - Cap giving his shield to Falcon. That SHOULD have been Bucky. Bucky should be Cap for a film or a TV series. Darker, grittier Cap. I mean, Cap went through Winter Soldier trying to turn Bucky back to himself after the reveal, and stood by him all through Civil War. And now he doesnt even want to speak to him as an old man? Bit weird no? I like Falcon and am happy to see a new cap, but Bucky should have had it first, as per the comics. Bit of a two fingers up to Cap comics fans. Bucky is his best friend for crying out loud. He approved, sure, but come on man. Way to downgrade their friendship completely.
    - Cap going back in time and staying. A decent send off for himself, sure. But we havr been shown that throughout each film Cap talks about sacrifice, puts himself at risk over others for the greater good. And now he decided he is gonna go back and do what he wants for himself? Real Cap would have known Peggy had a husband eventually and wouldnt have put his own good ahead of others. He asked Stark to sacrifice, and then did that? Yeah OK.

Hawkeye's story was great, possibly the best parts of the film. Genuinely felt for him and his losses. Black Widows death hit him hard.

I suppose. His character was only fleshed out prior to this movie for maybe 15 minutes. Ant-Man losing his family has more of an emotional impact to me.

He still seemed fairly dumb to me

Agreed. Even if his fat side might be a bit much for some could you imagine Thor threatening you online while playing BF2?!

To each their own, I’ve loved his arc.

Yep can’t argue with this. Although if Dr Strange could use the portals to get back from Titan, why didn’t he use them to get back on the way to Titan?

Was pretty awesome yes

My cons:

I can’t argue with this. There could be some “fat” cut from the movie

I might need some more clarification on this. Banner has always been ashamed of Hulk.

Jury is still out on this one for me

Sure but whatever

Yea it is a little odd based on the MCU why he chose Sam over Bucky. Bucky was a motivating force for Cap through it all

Well like Tony pointed out in the beginning for Cap not being there when he was needed so he can galavant around. Takes a hustler to recognize one. I’m obviously team Iron Man

Hardly call this movie “overhyped”. Sure after 21 movies we can sit here and poke holes but they did an excellent job tying that many movies together.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Watched Endgame today, easily my favorite movie of all-time
    My cons:

Hawkeye's story was great, possibly the best parts of the film. Genuinely felt for him and his losses. Black Widows death hit him hard.

I suppose. His character was only fleshed out prior to this movie for maybe 15 minutes. Ant-Man losing his family has more of an emotional impact to me.

He still seemed fairly dumb to me

Agreed. Even if his fat side might be a bit much for some could you imagine Thor threatening you online while playing BF2?!

To each their own, I’ve loved his arc.

Yep can’t argue with this. Although if Dr Strange could use the portals to get back from Titan, why didn’t he use them to get back on the way to Titan?

Was pretty awesome yes

My cons:

I can’t argue with this. There could be some “fat” cut from the movie

I might need some more clarification on this. Banner has always been ashamed of Hulk.

Jury is still out on this one for me

Sure but whatever

Yea it is a little odd based on the MCU why he chose Sam over Bucky. Bucky was a motivating force for Cap through it all

Well like Tony pointed out in the beginning for Cap not being there when he was needed so he can galavant around. Takes a hustler to recognize one. I’m obviously team Iron Man

Hardly call this movie “overhyped”. Sure after 21 movies we can sit here and poke holes but they did an excellent job tying that many movies together.
    I think my only criticism with this film is that Hulk didn't get enough action sequences. But he ultimately was the one who brought everyone back and I still enjoyed him from start to finish. Also guarantee we'll see more of him in future films
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Overhyped for me personally. Too long and some tedious parts. Decent overall but nowhere near the great film I hear it getting rated as and I would have some other Marvel films way ahead of it. My biigest annoyance is the spoiler below
    particularly peeved that they overlooked Bucky to become Cap. Kind of makes Bucky irrelevant at this point. Should have went with Bucky for a film/part of a series and then onto Falcon

Did your son enjoy it?

He seemed disinterested at points

Yeah, there were a few points in the movie were the kid that was with me became disinterested too.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    -
    Saw it for the second time today, and it's clear upon seeing it again that Bucky and Cap discussed exactly what his plans were when he went back in time. Before he leaves, Bucky tells Steve 'we'll be alright.' An odd thing to say if you're only going to be gone for 5 seconds. He knew he was going to stay and come back an old man, and give the shield to Falcon when he made it back to the present. That's why Bucky told Sam to go see Steve, and held back so they could talk. When Sam gets the shield, he makes eye contact with Bucky and Bucky nods. He knows what's up. He and Steve discussed this very thing off-screen.

I somewhat enjoyed Ed Brubaker's Bucky as Cap run in the comics, but the coolest thing about it to me was the uniform.
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    -
    Saw it for the second time today, and it's clear upon seeing it again that Bucky and Cap discussed exactly what his plans were when he went back in time. Before he leaves, Bucky tells Steve 'we'll be alright.' An odd thing to say if you're only going to be gone for 5 seconds. He knew he was going to stay and come back an old man, and give the shield to Falcon when he made it back to the present. That's why Bucky told Sam to go see Steve, and held back so they could talk. When Sam gets the shield, he makes eye contact with Bucky and Bucky nods. He knows what's up. He and Steve discussed this very thing off-screen.

I somewhat enjoyed Ed Brubaker's Bucky as Cap run in the comics, but the coolest thing about it to me was the uniform.
    I did find it weird Bucky said that and right after we found out it would be 5 seconds in their time. Makes sense
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    -

I did find it weird Bucky said that and right after we found out it would be 5 seconds in their time. Makes sense
    If they want to do it, I still think they could give us 1 or 2 Chris Evans Cap movies set in the past, while he returns the stones...now that we know his ultimate fate, I just think it could be very successful
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    My 8 year old daughter raised her hands high and started clapping during two scenes. The first was when Cap called the hammer to him and started going to work on Thanos, and the second was when it became apparent that Thanos' ship was redirecting it's fire at Captain Marvel, and then she went to work.
  • the whole show / series could have been avoided if they just got captain marvel to destroy Thanos. she is some overpowered Anakin monster

• AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    the whole show / series could have been avoided if they just got captain marvel to destroy Thanos. she is some overpowered Anakin monster
    If she got to him before he had any stones, anyway. But then, The Avengers could handle him without her in that situation. It's great that the MCU finally has a genuine cosmic-level hero!
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    -

If they want to do it, I still think they could give us 1 or 2 Chris Evans Cap movies set in the past, while he returns the stones...now that we know his ultimate fate, I just think it could be very successful
    I would pay money to see the reunion between Cap and Red Skull lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 29
    -

I would pay money to see the reunion between Cap and Red Skull lol

Yes! That would be an amazing reunion. It would be interesting how they would react to each other and if they would even care that much
    Post edited by VaderFist501st on
  • Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    edited April 30
    They killed batman there you go I spoiled it
  • I just saw the movie. I thought it was good, but I was disappointed in the way they handled some characters, particularly Thor, Thanos, and Hulk. Thor and Hulk were funny in parts, but I felt like their roles as nothing but comedians didn't fit their characters. One of the best parts of IW was that they really humanized Thanos. I feel like this movie just did away with that. I'm also very disappointed that Falcon was chosen as the new Captain America instead of Bucky. By the way, Captain America's journey at the end makes no sense. In addition to all of the plot holes that people have complained about, Cap would have to biologically be 114 when he comes back and he did not look anywhere near that old. Despite all of this, it was an awesome movie.
  • I just saw the movie. I thought it was good, but I was disappointed in the way they handled some characters, particularly Thor, Thanos, and Hulk. Thor and Hulk were funny in parts, but I felt like their roles as nothing but comedians didn't fit their characters. One of the best parts of IW was that they really humanized Thanos. I feel like this movie just did away with that. I'm also very disappointed that Falcon was chosen as the new Captain America instead of Bucky. By the way, Captain America's journey at the end makes no sense. In addition to all of the plot holes that people have complained about, Cap would have to biologically be 114 when he comes back and he did not look anywhere near that old. Despite all of this, it was an awesome movie.
    cap may not look so old because of the serum. I’m sure the super soldier serum would also effect how he ages
  • There really is so much that happens in this film that it almost seems like overload on plot points. So many plot points just instantly happen with no development. Like iron man figuring out how to travel back.
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Batman20 wrote: »

As I walked out of the theater from Infinity War I was speaking loudly “I can’t believe they worked out a deal with DC! Batman was awesome!” Stuff like that
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    I just saw the movie. I thought it was good, but I was disappointed in the way they handled some characters, particularly Thor, Thanos, and Hulk. Thor and Hulk were funny in parts, but I felt like their roles as nothing but comedians didn't fit their characters. One of the best parts of IW was that they really humanized Thanos. I feel like this movie just did away with that. I'm also very disappointed that Falcon was chosen as the new Captain America instead of Bucky. By the way, Captain America's journey at the end makes no sense. In addition to all of the plot holes that people have complained about, Cap would have to biologically be 114 when he comes back and he did not look anywhere near that old. Despite all of this, it was an awesome movie.
    Unlike the comics (Earth-616), in the MCU, there's absolutely no way Bucky would ever be Cap. He killed Iron Man's parents. Even though he was brainwashed, he murdered the guy who invented the shield. It would have been disrespectful on so many levels.
    Batman20 wrote: »

As I walked out of the theater from Infinity War I was speaking loudly “I can’t believe they worked out a deal with DC! Batman was awesome!” Stuff like that
    Why didn't you spoiler tag that... smh :angry:
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    I just saw the movie. I thought it was good, but I was disappointed in the way they handled some characters, particularly Thor, Thanos, and Hulk. Thor and Hulk were funny in parts, but I felt like their roles as nothing but comedians didn't fit their characters. One of the best parts of IW was that they really humanized Thanos. I feel like this movie just did away with that. I'm also very disappointed that Falcon was chosen as the new Captain America instead of Bucky. By the way, Captain America's journey at the end makes no sense. In addition to all of the plot holes that people have complained about, Cap would have to biologically be 114 when he comes back and he did not look anywhere near that old. Despite all of this, it was an awesome movie.
    Unlike the comics (Earth-616), in the MCU, there's absolutely no way Bucky would ever be Cap. He killed Iron Man's parents. Even though he was brainwashed, he murdered the guy who invented the shield. It would have been disrespectful on so many levels.

@AzorAhai
    How not? He was brainwashed. It wasn't his fault essentially. He led them to the base in Siberia in Civl War, which effectively netted them Zemo, and helped out in the battle in Wakanda. It would have been a redeeming arc, in a sense, for Cap to give it over to Bucky, to let him redeem himself and change what the other heroes potentially think of him. If anything, I find it disrespectful that they ignored Cap and Bucky's relationship, as well as the source material's (fairly recent) history. Not saying everything should stick exactly to the source material, as some comic storylines are absurd, but this is one thing they should have went with. The Winter Soldier film, at least the second half of it, was based on Cap learning it was Bucky, as well as their histroical friendship and Cap wanting Bucky to remember that. He spent the entirety of Civil War defending him, even going as far as forgoing his friendship with Stark to defend Bucky. But suddenly thats ignored and the shield goes to Falcon?

I understand that Bucky seemed to be in on Cap not coming back from the past (he walked off from the machine when Sam was still convinced Cap could be brought back), and that Falcon eventually becomes Cap anyway (he is a good character and a good actor), but I would have still given it to Bucky, even for half of their TV series or 1 new film possibly, before passing it to Sam. I find it absurd that they built up Cap's and Bucky's relationship for so long through the MCU, only to do this. I wouldn't have done that.
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    most of your complaints are the same as mine. Particularly Thor and Hulk. Felt like they have been pushed aside so everyone stays in awe of Captain Marvel. Could easily have had all 3 being complete machines in the film
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

@AzorAhai
    How not? He was brainwashed. It wasn't his fault essentially. He led them to the base in Siberia in Civl War, which effectively netted them Zemo, and helped out in the battle in Wakanda. It would have been a redeeming arc, in a sense, for Cap to give it over to Bucky, to let him redeem himself and change what the other heroes potentially think of him. If anything, I find it disrespectful that they ignored Cap and Bucky's relationship, as well as the source material's (fairly recent) history. Not saying everything should stick exactly to the source material, as some comic storylines are absurd, but this is one thing they should have went with. The Winter Soldier film, at least the second half of it, was based on Cap learning it was Bucky, as well as their histroical friendship and Cap wanting Bucky to remember that. He spent the entirety of Civil War defending him, even going as far as forgoing his friendship with Stark to defend Bucky. But suddenly thats ignored and the shield goes to Falcon?

I understand that Bucky seemed to be in on Cap not coming back from the past (he walked off from the machine when Sam was still convinced Cap could be brought back), and that Falcon eventually becomes Cap anyway (he is a good character and a good actor), but I would have still given it to Bucky, even for half of their TV series or 1 new film possibly, before passing it to Sam. I find it absurd that they built up Cap's and Bucky's relationship for so long through the MCU, only to do this. I wouldn't have done that.
    In the 'source material', Captain America was dead, Clint Barton was offered, but declined taking the role of Cap, Bucky didn't kill Iron Man's parents, and Ed Brubaker had brought the Captain America comics a huge boost in popularity and was rewarded by Marvel allowing him to pass the mantle to a character of his own creation.

None of that applies to this situation.
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Silver Surfer first shows up in a Captain Marvel film.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »

@AzorAhai

In the 'source material', Captain America was dead, Clint Barton was offered, but declined taking the role of Cap, Bucky didn't kill Iron Man's parents, and Ed Brubaker had brought the Captain America comics a huge boost in popularity and was rewarded by Marvel allowing him to pass the mantle to a character of his own creation.

Of course CA isn't dead, but he's old enough that he can't be a hero anymore. Clint has retired to his farm, and Bucky didn't really kill Iron Man's parents anyway, and the Russo brothers have given Captain America an even bigger boost in popularity than Ed Brubaker. It's really a pretty similar situation.
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

@AzorAhai

Of course CA isn't dead, but he's old enough that he can't be a hero anymore. Clint has retired to his farm, and Bucky didn't really kill Iron Man's parents anyway, and the Russo brothers have given Captain America an even bigger boost in popularity than Ed Brubaker. It's really a pretty similar situation.
    Yeah, but Winter Soldier is a much weaker character in the MCU than he was in the comics.

If he hadn't killed Iron Man's parents, brainwashed or not...I'd be with you on the argument here. No way Cap honors his fallen friend by going to live a good life, and then passing the shield on to the guy who murdered his parents. No way. The outcry would be worse than what we've got currently.
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    edited April 30

@AzorAhai

oh i know about that, which is why i said it doesnt have to be exact. But after all the build up we have had of Cap and Bucky's relationship in the MCU, it just feels absurd that he isnt Cap now. To me at least. I take your points on board though and can see why they didn't. I just think for me it felt the right thing to do.

Also, props to your comic knowledge! Impressed [\spoiler]
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Who would make the perfect Fantastic Four cast?
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

@AzorAhai

oh i know about that, which is why i said it doesnt have to be exact. But after all the build up we have had of Cap and Bucky's relationship in the MCU, it just feels absurd that he isnt Cap now. To me at least. I take your points on board though and can see why they didn't. I just think for me it felt the right thing to do.

Thanks, I used to monthly spend an unreasonable amount of money on comics from about 2004 to 2013.

Part of the reason Winter Soldier became Cap in the comics was that bionic arm gave him the strength needed to properly wield that shield. I'm hoping that the TV series addresses just how much harder it's going to be for Sam to actually pull this off. No Super Soldier Serum as far as I know...he's going to take a beating. Better get good with that shield. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bucky wielding the shield at times in the TV series.

I quit reading comics before he became Cap in the comics, but will probably join Marvel Unlimited in the next month or two (Father's Day!).

Does Sam ever become enhanced in the comics? Will he become enhanced in the TV series?
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

Timothy Olyphant might make a good Reed Richards. That's all I've got so far.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

Did you just respond to yourself? 🤨
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

Yes. It was that or go back and edit that post.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

Yes. It was that or go back and edit that post.

Haha, all good.
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member

@AzorAhai

Yeah, but Winter Soldier is a much weaker character in the MCU than he was in the comics.

If he hadn't killed Iron Man's parents, brainwashed or not...I'd be with you on the argument here. No way Cap honors his fallen friend by going to live a good life, and then passing the shield on to the guy who murdered his parents. No way. The outcry would be worse than what we've got currently.
    Didn’t Sam become Capt America in the comics as well? From an aged Capt America?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    edited April 30

@AzorAhai

Thanks, I used to monthly spend an unreasonable amount of money on comics from about 2004 to 2013.

Part of the reason Winter Soldier became Cap in the comics was that bionic arm gave him the strength needed to properly wield that shield. I'm hoping that the TV series addresses just how much harder it's going to be for Sam to actually pull this off. No Super Soldier Serum as far as I know...he's going to take a beating. Better get good with that shield. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bucky wielding the shield at times in the TV series.

I quit reading comics before he became Cap in the comics, but will probably join Marvel Unlimited in the next month or two (Father's Day!).

Does Sam ever become enhanced in the comics? Will he become enhanced in the TV series?
    I know the feeling! Mine has been more intermittent. Started around 2005 to 2009, then back on from 2014 to 2018. Was spending too much and getting married, having kids made me curb it completely.

I am looking forward to the TV series admittedly. Be interesting to see what they come up with. Can imagine it being a very love/hate relationship still. Bits of jealousy at times.

I don't think he ever became enhanced, I could be wrong though. I jumped onto Falcon Cap in my 2nd spell but couldnt get into it (DC's comics were far superior to me at that point). Just didnt get the same vibe. I prefer him as Falcon overall. I would be surprised if he becomes enhamced in the TV series. He didnt seem to have issues wielding the shield whilst flying in the comics so they might just go down the route of him learning to combine his falcon tech with the shield. [\spoiler]
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

@AzorAhai

Didn’t Sam become Capt America in the comics as well? From an aged Capt America?
    I have been on an extended break from the comics and can't really speak to the exact circumstances. But I play
    a card game that has Sam Wilson as Captain America in it, so I know it happens. LOL.
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member

I'm not a fan of Fantastic Four overall, find them a bit meh. Cumberbatch would have been a good Reed Richards but its obviously too late for that.
  • AzorAhai
    1359 posts Member

I'm not a fan of Fantastic Four overall, find them a bit meh. Cumberbatch would have been a good Reed Richards but its obviously too late for that.

They've traditionally been a hard comic to keep interesting. But I got into them when I was a kid, so it's in my fan-DNA at this point.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I’d be fine if they didn’t touch them and the X-Men that have already been done by Fox. Casting was spot on for Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto.

Wouldn’t mind a proper Doctor Doom though
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited May 1
    ok so the movie was great but can anyone explain why Dr Strange was able to use the portals to get back to the final battle after being revived? why didn’t he do that when he wanted to go back to Earth when he was stuck on the ship after Maw died? It bugged me in Infinity War why he didn’t use them to get back so why was he able to in Endgame?
    #infantrylivesmatter