criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Avengers Infinity War and MCU discussion

Prev134
With the movie coming out in three months, I thought it would be nice to start up a thread discussing this movie.

Trailers:

Publish any news, your theories, your desires.
This could be a great discussion.

Also the same thread also to discuss everything related to the MCU
RELIVE THE PAST
The knights of Gareth will rule
4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450

Replies

• Can't wait i'm a huge marvel fan. I do find it strange that Disney chose to release this on May the 4th (Star Wars Day) instead of the Han Solo movie, which will be released on May the 25th.
  • The decision to leave out Jeff has been strange
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • CoolDirectorGareth
    498 posts Member
    edited February 8
    alunguy wrote: »
    Can't wait i'm a huge marvel fan. I do find it strange that Disney chose to release this on May the 4th (Star Wars Day) instead of the Han Solo movie, which will be released on May the 25th.

Strange strategy
    I hope the movie does not have excessive comedy. At least the trailers there is nothing dumb comedy for the event of the infinity stones.
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • The decision to leave out Jeff has been strange

Speaking of Jeff Goldblum, Thor Ragnarok was great?
    GrandMaster, the best character?
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • alunguy wrote: »
    Can't wait i'm a huge marvel fan. I do find it strange that Disney chose to release this on May the 4th (Star Wars Day) instead of the Han Solo movie, which will be released on May the 25th.

Strange strategy
    I hope the movie does not have excessive comedy. At least the trailers there is nothing dumb comedy for the event of the infinity stones.

Given that people will most likely die, i'm sure the tone will be changed. Disney probably has taken note that the odd tone shifts from dark to light-hearted moments in TLJ didn't work with audiences.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • black-panther-posters-individuales_8.jpg?itok=Z9rV6q5E

BLACK PANTHER:
    A few days, Hype? What do you expect from the movie?
    It intrigues me to know if we will see the gem of the Soul in Wakanda, we will see.
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • DarthJ
    4977 posts Member
    I'm expecting great things from BP. It will be great seeing Wakanda in live action.

Who is everyone expecting to die in Infinity War, or any plot points you expect from the trailer?

Theres obviously going to be some fallout from Civil War, with Steve Rogers returning and Black Panther vouching for him ('someone get this man a shield'), so I'm expecting Stark to still be annoying to everyone else. Half expect him to try to take Thanos alone at first too.

I have a feeling Steve Rogers will die though. I think it would be a death that would unify the heroes fully. And then I expect Bucky to become the new Cap.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I'm expecting great things from BP. It will be great seeing Wakanda in live action.

Who is everyone expecting to die in Infinity War, or any plot points you expect from the trailer?

Theres obviously going to be some fallout from Civil War, with Steve Rogers returning and Black Panther vouching for him ('someone get this man a shield'), so I'm expecting Stark to still be annoying to everyone else. Half expect him to try to take Thanos alone at first too.

I have a feeling Steve Rogers will die though. I think it would be a death that would unify the heroes fully. And then I expect Bucky to become the new Cap.

Interesting theory
    If no important person dies, disappointment?
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • I am attempting to stay a trailer virgin. So far I've been able to avoid trailer 2!
    Set course for Eadu, Sir!
    pmgj01wtvbi7.png

RELIVE THE PAST™
  • DV-MBurWkAA-Z1c.jpg

Cool promo art.
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • Bendingo wrote: »
    I am attempting to stay a trailer virgin. So far I've been able to avoid trailer 2!

apparently tomorrow there is a new footage in disney channel (BTS footage maybe)

RELIVE THE PAST
  • alunguy wrote: »

Strange strategy

Marvel has generally released their big films in early May, at least, as far as I can remember, and I've seen them all opening night since Iron Man. Its weird, but what they've done for years, and when TFA came out in December, I thought they would totally stick to that, so I'm surprised Solo is even coming out in May.
    black-panther-posters-individuales_8.jpg?itok=Z9rV6q5E

BLACK PANTHER:
    A few days, Hype? What do you expect from the movie?
    It intrigues me to know if we will see the gem of the Soul in Wakanda, we will see.

Seeing it tonight (actually in the theater right now). I love Black Panther in Civil War, so I'm interested to see his solo film. I haven't watched any trailers for any movie since Rogue One, so I have no clue if its a prequel to Civil War, after Civil War, or both. Either way, I'm hyped.
    Bendingo wrote: »
    I am attempting to stay a trailer virgin. So far I've been able to avoid trailer 2!

Like I said above, no trailers for me since Rogue One, step your game up :P
  • rollind24
    4513 posts Member
    edited February 16
    DarthJ wrote: »

Interesting theory
    If no important person dies, disappointment?

I agree it could be a disappointment. I feel like it’s building up for people to die off, if it doesn’t happen I’ll feel like the rug got pulled out from under me. At the same time, I love the people playing the characters and don’t want them leaving me.

Hopefully we get banter between Tony and Drax. Mr Sarcastic vs the the guy where nothing goes over his head will be great.

Seeing Black Panther tomorrow, hopefully the end credits give a good surprise for Infinity’s War
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • Just finished Black Panther. Overall, I thought it was good. I enjoyed it more than the 3 previous films (Doctor Strange, GotG Vol. 2, and Thor Ragnorok). Chadwick Boseman is still great, the villain, Killmonger, has been one of the best Marvel villains in years in my opinion, and the costumes and set design were amazing. Just a few spoiler-y things below on things I liked, or didnt like, so view at your discretion.
    I was a bit shocked at how little T'Challa is actually in the Panther suit. He only wears it 3 times, and other than the final fight, its only worn for a few minutes. I get that sometimes more is less, but I feel he could've worn it a bit more. I'm also not a big fan of when movies kill the main character, only for them to show up 10 minutes later. When Killmonger throws T'Challa off the waterfall, I knew he wasnt dead, and 10 minutes later, what a surprise, he isn't. I get that it would be weird to have him be dead for over 20 minutes of screen time, but it just didn't feel like he was gone long enough. For something I like, I again think Killmonger has been one of the best Marvel villains in years. He's no Loki, but compared to lame villains like Hela, the guy from Doctor Strange (not Dormammu), and Maleketh, Killmonger was pretty good. He had a solid character, good motivations, and he was a good opposite of T'Challa. Both want to help people outside of Wakanda, the difference is that Killmonger wanted to achieve it by killing those who have wronged Africans, so basically everyone. But he still wants to help those who he considers to be his family, which if he didn't wamt to kill everyone else, would be an honorable goal. It also helps that he has a somewhat personal connection to T'Challa, being his cousin, and T'Challa's father had killed Killmonger's father. Everyone also gave good performances, especially Bozeman, and Andy Serkis, as well as Michael B. Jordan (glad he got a good comic book movie after being in Fant4stic). Also, seeing my Bucky in the end credits scene was great. Maybe not what some of you might be hoping for, but I'm always happy to see my Buck-Buck
  • Saw Black panther last night. Loved it.
    I noticed in the Ant-man 2 trailer that Lawrence Fishburne is entering the MCU, while also portraying Perry White in the DCEU. How many actors are in both the MCU and DCEU? He might be the only big name. that's pretty cool.
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1155 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Found a second one: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was in both Thor 2 and Suicide Squad. No, I cannot pronounce his name. lol The MY TOPICS button is working again. Cool!
  • CoolDirectorGareth
    498 posts Member
    edited March 2

Advancement

a surprise to be sure but a welcome one
    RELIVE THE PAST
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

Advancement

Apparently the reason for it is so the US release coincides with the international release. Hopefully it has the side effect of getting Solo a May the 4th release
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Advancement

Apparently the reason for it is so the US release coincides with the international release. Hopefully it has the side effect of getting Solo a May the 4th release

and the next trailer is near

NEW WALLPAPERS
    DXU8fsEXkAU0fY9.jpg:large
    DXU57MIW0AApFOY.jpg:large

RELIVE THE PAST
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    There's a bunch of trailers on youtube that people have used the Infinity Wars trailer music to make way more epic, like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Sequel trilogy and others. This is one of my favs though. It works so well for a lot of stuff.

• I love getting stuff in the mail. Today I got Thor Ragnarok 3D blu ray steelbook imported from the UK! It doesn't even come out in the USA until tomorrow, and even then not in 3D. I sure love me some 3D Marvel. I think I will have to import The Last Jedi also, it appears it's not getting a north american 3D release, either. (Both Thor and TLJ are region free discs btw)
    6ampinqedl06.png
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    I love getting stuff in the mail. Today I got Thor Ragnarok 3D blu ray steelbook imported from the UK! It doesn't even come out in the USA until tomorrow, and even then not in 3D. I sure love me some 3D Marvel. I think I will have to import The Last Jedi also, it appears it's not getting a north american 3D release, either. (Both Thor and TLJ are region free discs btw)
    6ampinqedl06.png

Nice got mine last week cos i live in the uk, did you order from Zavvi?
    It's a real shame that the 3d tv/blu-ray market is dying due to 4k and some directors snubbing it. I think movies look way better in 3d than in 4k personally.
  • yes, Zavvi. Great service. I agree with everything you said regarding 3D/4k.
  • Ragnarok is one of the best looking 3D blu-rays ever, in my opinion. Really clear picture and the action scenes filled the screen. I love when they use dynamic aspect ratios, but I'd prefer, like Justice League, that action movies be 1.85:1. I think a western or drama should be 2.4:1 but not action movies.
  • New trailer:
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cool trailer. Didn't reveal too much, and Thanos looks pretty great. it's been a long time coming, and part one is almost here. Good times.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    i bet ant man will 1v1 thanos and crush him in a no contest victory because he's by far the best and most interesting superhero :smiley:
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • TheStalker88
    6047 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Well think of Thanos as Hulk with the cleverness of Doctor Strange. Thanos cant be taken on one on one by anyone. Ant Man would be probably thrown into space where he would find icy climates rather unpleasant

• TheStalker88
    6047 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Even if you were Doctor Strange (presumably the most trollingly powerful hero) and tried to teleport Thanos to trap him in a repeating time loop dimension noone can really get out of, Thanos would. You can't trap him in time warping or looping dimensions of any kind.

Thanos envied only one man and that's Deadpool because Death grew fond of his ability to stay alive and regenerate without end. That made Thanos want to conquer the universe and destroy the Avengers just so he could appease her. Maybe only Death herself could end Thanos in a one on one match.
  • Ok, I know this is the off topic session, but really?
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • TheStalker88
    6047 posts Member
    edited March 17
    SW is cool but Avengers is cool as well especially Infinity Wars. Thanos, Mistress Death, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, all mysterious and cool. How much different will the movies be than comics? The community is asking. Imagine a time when Thanos threw Deadpool into the sun but Deadpool survived. Will this type of scenario happen in the films?
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    Well think of Thanos as Hulk with the cleverness of Doctor Strange. Thanos cant be taken on one on one by anyone. Ant Man would be probably thrown into space where he would find icy climates rather unpleasant

right sorry sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet i should be more careful
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • It's finally here. I'm stoked, going tonight to the IMAX 2D showing. It's been a long time since the Infinity Gauntlet was teased in Odin's Vault.
  • For those that are worried about important people not dying, don’t worry.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Alright, here's my full spoiler review
    It was okay
    Post edited by MONEYPYR0 on
    It was okay
    If judging it as a standalone film, I agree. It heavily relies on previous knowledge of the universe itself, and is a real hit or miss because of that. But then again, there's not much else they could've done in terms of it. Restablishing character traits would not only get repetitive, but it would also feel out of place. It's very much an experimental film in not just it's structure, but in how it plays out as well.

What I think they did right was that there really is something in there for most people. Don't care about the characters? Then there's action. Not one for action? There's comedy there too. And so on and so forth. I don't think anyone could call it a boring movie.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Confession-
    The only MCU movie I’ve actually watched so far is Spider-Man homecoming. After hearing great things about infinity war, I plan on getting into the MCU. Not really sure where to start to be honest.
  • rollind24
    4513 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Confession-
    The only MCU movie I’ve actually watched so far is Spider-Man homecoming. After hearing great things about infinity war, I plan on getting into the MCU. Not really sure where to start to be honest.

Oh man. There are so many small details in every movie that tie in with all the rest. I find the run to be incredible. I didn’t follow Marvel this closely prior to the MCU but it’s crept into the “not sure how I lived without this territory”. I dive deep into the details of new super heros as they get brought in.

First movie I’d start with is Capt America First Avenger. It’s not the first MCU movie but chronologically it makes sense.
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • rollind24
    4513 posts Member
    edited April 29
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

Just start with Capt America one.

I can tell your much more into the Star Wars lore than I am and have a feeling getting into this would be right up your alley
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 29
    rollind24 wrote: »
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

I can tell your much more into the Star Wars lore than I am and have a feeling getting into this would be right up your alley

Thanks for the info!
    And yeah I have a feeling I may greatly enjoy getting into the lore of the MCU. It’s cool to hear that each movie has details that tie into the others.
    You have a favorite film or character?
  • rollind24
    4513 posts Member
    edited April 29
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

Thanks for the info!
    And yeah I have a feeling I may greatly enjoy getting into the lore of the MCU. It’s cool to hear that each movie has details that tie into the others.

My personal favorites are the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I love Star lord and Drax. They are great movies for even just playing as background noise due to the comedy and soundtrack I never even heard of GoG before the movies came out but wow, I fell in love lol.

BTW, look up how many extra credit scenes are in each movie so you can fast forward through the credit and get the good stuff. Some scenes start setting up infinity war in phase 1
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 29
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

My personal favorites are the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I love Star lord and Drax. They are great movies for even just playing as background noise due to the comedy. I never even heard of GoG before the movies came out but wow, I fell in love lol

Yeah I’ve heard great things about Guardians of the galaxy. Seems to be a lot of people’s favorite.

Thor_poster.jpg

I noticed Natalie Portman (padme) is in this film. How is that one in your opinion? Good? Weakest in the MCU?
  • rollind24
    4513 posts Member
    edited April 29
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

My personal favorites are the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I love Star lord and Drax. They are great movies for even just playing as background noise due to the comedy. I never even heard of GoG before the movies came out but wow, I fell in love lol

Yeah I’ve heard great things about Guardians of the galaxy. Seems to be a lot of people’s favorite.

Thor_poster.jpg

I noticed Natalie Portman (padme) is in this film. How is that one in your opinion? Good? Weakest in the MCU?

The first two Thors were sort of a slog first time I watched them, definite world building. Good info though when watching it. I was actually surprised how much better the first Thor seemed the second time watching it after knowing how it affects the rest of the movies. Had more comedy bits than what I remembered the first time.

Weakest in the MCU is probably the Hulk movie. The extra credit scene in that movie is what set up everything though.
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 29
    @Cad_Bane

6xvyvib15ph1.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

Thor_poster.jpg

The first two Thors were sort of a slog first time I watched them, definite world building. Good info though when watching it. I was actually surprised how much better the first Thor seemed the second time watching it after knowing how it affects the rest of the movies. Had more comedy bits than what I remembered the first time.

Weakest in the MCU is probably the Hulk movie. The extra credit scene in that movie is what set up everything though.

Okay, thanks! Now I need to figure out how I’m going to watch all of these films since Netflix doesn’t have most of these. Lol
  • WarfareKiller41
    5980 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Confession-
    The only MCU movie I’ve actually watched so far is Spider-Man homecoming.
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    It was okay
    If judging it as a standalone film, I agree. It heavily relies on previous knowledge of the universe itself, and is a real hit or miss because of that. But then again, there's not much else they could've done in terms of it. Restablishing character traits would not only get repetitive, but it would also feel out of place. It's very much an experimental film in not just it's structure, but in how it plays out as well.

What I think they did right was that there really is something in there for most people. Don't care about the characters? Then there's action. Not one for action? There's comedy there too. And so on and so forth. I don't think anyone could call it a boring movie.
    For something that was supposed to be the 10 year anniversary film of the MCU, it just didn't feel special. It felt like an above average Marvel movie. Not saying it was bad, but it didn't feel like it was a big start of the conclusion of the MCU. I can garuntee for a fact that I'll like part 2 more, but part 1 was just alright. Winter Soldier still is, and always will be the best MCU film, no contest.
    It was okay

For something that was supposed to be the 10 year anniversary film of the MCU, it just didn't feel special. It felt like an above average Marvel movie. Not saying it was bad, but it didn't feel like it was a big start of the conclusion of the MCU. I can garuntee for a fact that I'll like part 2 more, but part 1 was just alright. Winter Soldier still is, and always will be the best MCU film, no contest.
    Winter Soldier is imo the most underrated of the MCU.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    It was okay

Its easily my favorite, and should be considered one of, if not the best MCU films. The Cap trilogy itself is easily my favorite of the MCU, and one of my favorite movie trilogies.
    It was okay

Its easily my favorite, and should be considered one of, if not the best MCU films. The Cap trilogy itself is easily my favorite of the MCU, and one of my favorite movie trilogies.
    Lol, I just realized that Bucky in Winter Soldier is your profile picture.
    It was okay

Lol, I just realized that Bucky in Winter Soldier is your profile picture.

Yup :P I love me some Bucky. Planning to see if a welder friend of mine can make me a metal arm so I can start cosplaying him.
    But despite being such a huge fan of Bucky, I felt nothing when he "died", because other than being near certain none of those characters are dead, Bucky is 100% going to become Captain America after Chris Evan's contract is up.