criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Avengers End Game and MCU discussion

Replies

• EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    giphy.gif

So uh... just gonna hop back in here as I'm seeing some discussion over Ant-Man's quality and I understand spoilers are a big deal for MCU fans (myself included!) - let's just be super mindful of any possible spoilers about the latest release, especially considering Ant-Man & the Wasp only recently came out in some territories.

Thanks!
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    giphy.gif

So uh... just gonna hop back in here as I'm seeing some discussion over Ant-Man's quality and I understand spoilers are a big deal for MCU fans (myself included!) - let's just be super mindful of any possible spoilers about the latest release, especially considering Ant-Man & the Wasp only recently came out in some territories.

Thanks!

Sorry, Sir. Will do.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • EA_Cian
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Thanks!

Sorry, Sir. Will do.

No need to apologize, haven't seen anything too big yet but always helpful to post a reminder. :smile:
    giphy.gif

Thanks!

Has Ea_Cian not seen it yet?!

stp5awg2h8jp.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • EA_Cian
    rollind24 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Thanks!

Has Ea_Cian not seen it yet?!

stp5awg2h8jp.gif

Nah, I've seen it but definitely know folks who haven't yet and have had big things spoiled before - it's no fun! D:
  • I am so itching to own IW on 3D blu. I saw it twice in the theatre, and the near-month difference in release dates is killing me. I saw it at Target and was like nope, wait for the 3D, it will be worth it. Anyone else a 3D TV fanatic like me?
    Playing PS3 games in 3D, especially Arkham City, is seriously one of the best things ever, and I wish more PS4 games were made for stereoscopic 3D.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I am so itching to own IW on 3D blu. I saw it twice in the theatre, and the near-month difference in release dates is killing me. I saw it at Target and was like nope, wait for the 3D, it will be worth it. Anyone else a 3D TV fanatic like me?
    Playing PS3 games in 3D, especially Arkham City, is seriously one of the best things ever, and I wish more PS4 games were made for stereoscopic 3D.

IW is re-releasing soon on IMAX also.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Oh yeah, I forgot that they ALL are! Wow. Man, I'm kinda busy this weekend, but maybe I can catch Iron Man 2 and IW, easily two of my favorite movies of all time.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I am so itching to own IW on 3D blu. I saw it twice in the theatre, and the near-month difference in release dates is killing me. I saw it at Target and was like nope, wait for the 3D, it will be worth it. Anyone else a 3D TV fanatic like me?

By the way, awesome sig dude! I listen to that song in my car all the time. I got 5 on it, too!
  • If they bring Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to IMAX, I'd be one happy camper!
    I am so itching to own IW on 3D blu. I saw it twice in the theatre, and the near-month difference in release dates is killing me. I saw it at Target and was like nope, wait for the 3D, it will be worth it. Anyone else a 3D TV fanatic like me?

By the way, awesome sig dude! I listen to that song in my car all the time. I got 5 on it, too!

Oh no, I’m on mobile and have no idea what my current signature is lol. Now I’m nervous.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • LOL - it's Leia Boushh doing the Dougie.....just kidding, it's BB-8 rolling and it says they see me rollin' they hatin' (I was listening to this song with the windows down and I got the thumbs up from a nearby car, that was awesome cause I'm a nerd and look like one too) haha I should've immediately switched to Weird Al's White and Nerdy, that would've been hilarious.
    9f5r.gif
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I found Ant-Man and the Wasp to be highly disappointing
    Wish Wasp wasn’t dusted. Would’ve loved to have seen the OG Avengers team from the comics in IW 2
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I found Ant-Man and the Wasp to be highly disappointing
    Wish Wasp wasn’t dusted. Would’ve loved to have seen the OG Avengers team from the comics in IW 2
    I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Just my guess is most of the people who got dusted come back
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • LOL - it's Leia Boushh doing the Dougie.....just kidding, it's BB-8 rolling and it says they see me rollin' they hatin' (I was listening to this song with the windows down and I got the thumbs up from a nearby car, that was awesome cause I'm a nerd and look like one too) haha I should've immediately switched to Weird Al's White and Nerdy, that would've been hilarious.
    9f5r.gif

I don't wanna get to far off topic of the MCU but you might like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=MZCN91BmPD8
    #infantrylivesmatter
    LOL - it's Leia Boushh doing the Dougie.....just kidding, it's BB-8 rolling and it says they see me rollin' they hatin' (I was listening to this song with the windows down and I got the thumbs up from a nearby car, that was awesome cause I'm a nerd and look like one too) haha I should've immediately switched to Weird Al's White and Nerdy, that would've been hilarious.
    9f5r.gif

I don't wanna get to far off topic of the MCU but you might like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=MZCN91BmPD8

ha, clever
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1449 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Saw Infinity War at IMAX on Monday for seven bucks. Just a friendly reminder that if you have an IMAX near you, the Marvel 10th Anniversary Film Festival is now underway. You can go see all the MCU films at IMAX for a limited time. I would've preferred to see Iron Man 2, easily one of my fave films of all time, but IW will suffice. I LOVE the opening credits sequence of Iron Man 2 that shows Ivan Vanko designing and building his arc reactor, the music, everything is just very cool. The Monaco attack scene is one that I've re-watched a hundred times by now. Mickey Rourke is perfect in that movie. So is Sam Rockwell.
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    https://ew.com/movies/captain-marvel-first-look-images/#flying-high

Capt Marvel photos released today. Based on these it looks a lot more grounded than I was expecting.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I also heard it's not an origin story. Good, 20 films in I'm done with origin stories. Just hit the ground runnin'.
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I also heard it's not an origin story. Good, 20 films in I'm done with origin stories. Just hit the ground runnin'.

Agreed. I don’t know much about her but I’m sure they’ll explain how she came to be somehow without the usual 3/4 of the movie being an introduction.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    I also heard it's not an origin story. Good, 20 films in I'm done with origin stories. Just hit the ground runnin'.

Agreed. I don’t know much about her but I’m sure they’ll explain how she came to be somehow without the usual 3/4 of the movie being an introduction.
    If it weren't for well known characters, I wouldn't even be excited for it, tbh. I'm more interested in seeing Ronan the Accuser (aka Thranduil) again, and also Phil Coulson, Nick Fury and Maria Hill together again. And hopefully Darth Tyrannus will make an appearance, because no one's ever dead, right Disney!
  • Got my Infinity War 3D Blu from Zavvi today, super stoked to pore over this bad boy. Did you notice that on Vormir
    the red skull knew Thanos' father's name? How did he know that?
  • Got my Infinity War 3D Blu from Zavvi today, super stoked to pore over this bad boy. Did you notice that on Vormir
    the red skull knew Thanos' father's name? How did he know that?
    Ah yea I think I read about the name being used a while back but **** remember the specifics. They are working on an Eternals movie too I guess
    #infantrylivesmatter

• This doesn't really get me excited.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Agreed, good thing it's fake.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

It isn't, it was posted by Marvel Studios.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

Or maybe it is, I don't know.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • WarfareKiller41
    6422 posts Member
    edited September 2018

This doesn't really get me excited.

You are so lucky that you're not on Discord.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

You are so lucky that you're not on Discord.

No you lol
    #infantrylivesmatter

Patience, the real teaser will be here soon enough. B)
  • To celebrate bringing Infinity War home, I took some pics of thee 'ol collections:
    Complete MCU (first 3 are not in 3D):
    ina9lkftznch.jpg
    v7dizkvepl6n.jpg
    Soundtrack vinyl picture discs (IW one is pre-ordered):
    ptp0pwh0lrsd.jpg
    UNSANE stuff (I'm a fan):
    ebs6temhbrrt.jpg

Patience, the real teaser will be here soon enough. B)

Rumor has it that it will be this week. I think Brie Larson has an appearance on some morning show that usually releases trailers for the first time.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • To celebrate bringing Infinity War home, I took some pics of thee 'ol collections:
    Complete MCU (first 3 are not in 3D):
    ina9lkftznch.jpg
    v7dizkvepl6n.jpg
    Soundtrack vinyl picture discs (IW one is pre-ordered):
    ptp0pwh0lrsd.jpg
    UNSANE stuff (I'm a fan):
    ebs6temhbrrt.jpg

Oh, silly me didn't realize "UNSANE" was actually a thing lol
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

• And here it is.
    #infantrylivesmatter

And here it is.

Color me excited now. That looks rad. Good call on the "coming this week" prediction.
    Wait, she just punched an old woman! Context? haha

And here it is.

Color me excited now. That looks rad. Good call on the "coming this week" prediction.
    Ha yea that was a wtf moment. The Kree are shapeshifters though, my guess is that it was actually one of them. Marvel might be setting up the “Secret Invasion” storyline with this movie.
    #infantrylivesmatter

And here it is.

Ha yea that was a **** moment. The Kree are shapeshifters though, my guess is that it was actually one of them. Marvel might be setting up the “Secret Invasion” storyline with this movie.
    I believe it is the Skrull that are shapeshifters, and the free fight with them for control of earth. Usually that is how it goes in the movies. If Kree could shapeshifter, then Ronan would have done it already.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

And here it is.

Ha yea that was a **** moment. The Kree are shapeshifters though, my guess is that it was actually one of them. Marvel might be setting up the “Secret Invasion” storyline with this movie.
    I believe it is the Skrull that are shapeshifters, and the free fight with them for control of earth. Usually that is how it goes in the movies. If Kree could shapeshifter, then Ronan would have done it already.
    You are right, I definitely need to make a coffee run this morning lol.
    #infantrylivesmatter

And here it is.

darned auto correct.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • EA_Cian
    Good job on the spoiler tags folks! :smiley:

Anyways, I'm excited to see more of this. Especially young Clark Gregg (Agents of SHIELD fan here).
  • It will be good to see Jude Law in another movie.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • It will be good to see Jude Law in another movie.

Totally. Check out this new Poster:
    ewv8jxp3igp4.jpg

Anyways, I'm excited to see more of this. Especially young Clark Gregg (Agents of SHIELD fan here).

haha thanks, we try. I loved the first two seasons of SHIELD, but unfortunately haven't kept up. I will most likely buy season 3 and the rest on blu ray and catch up eventually, unless you don't recommend it. Has it gotten better or worse in your opinion? Nice NIN avatar btw, i wanted to see them at Red Rocks this year, because, well, they're great AND Tobacco was opening for them, I freakin LOVE Tobacco. Whoa, they are actually playing Red Rocks today and tomorrow! I wanna go...
    Tour-Nine-Inch-Nails-Cold-and-Black-and-Infinite-2018.jpg
    maybe it'll end up on YouTube :smile:
  • I like how no one mentions the fact that they just throw in a Blockbuster. Classic. Loved those stores. Dang Netflix has to ruin everything.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I like how no one mentions the fact that they just throw in a Blockbuster. Classic. Loved those stores. Dang Netflix has to ruin everything.

Are you being sarcastic? I have less than zero fond or nostalgic feelings for blockbuster, man. They literally conjured out of thin air late fees to steal from customers, myself included. A pox on them! Begone heathens! I have no love for netflix either, I'm a 3D blu ray guy anyway. B) New Releases? My gawd, they still called a movie 2 years old a "new release." Sorry, I'll stop now. Grrr. lol
  • I am loving that new golden Marvel Studios logo, maybe it's their way of bragging about all the money they made lol
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 2018
    So I saw the new teaser poster for Captain Marvel...
    2i8jf9.jpg
    Post edited by F03hammer on
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• EA_Cian

haha thanks, we try. I loved the first two seasons of SHIELD, but unfortunately haven't kept up. I will most likely buy season 3 and the rest on blu ray and catch up eventually, unless you don't recommend it. Has it gotten better or worse in your opinion? Nice NIN avatar btw, i wanted to see them at Red Rocks this year, because, well, they're great AND Tobacco was opening for them, I freakin LOVE Tobacco. Whoa, they are actually playing Red Rocks today and tomorrow! I wanna go...
    Tour-Nine-Inch-Nails-Cold-and-Black-and-Infinite-2018.jpg
    maybe it'll end up on YouTube :smile:

It sounds like it was an event, to say the least.

That said, while I appreciate the avatar compliment and the NIN chatter, let's keep this focused on the MCU! (Which has some NIN connections but I digress...).

Agents of SHIELD takes some interesting directions that'll make this film all the more interesting given it's reliance on the Kree. :smile:
  • https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/19/17878526/loki-scarlet-witch-disney-streaming-tv-show-marvel-cinematic-universe

This sounds awesome. If Disney starts pumping out tv show spinoffs of the characters in the MCU I’ll be in heaven. With Scarlet Witch could be a decent way to tie in Mutants to the universe
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • itt96uodu82s.gif