criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Avengers Infinity War and MCU discussion

1235

Replies

  • i'm getting a green lantern+superman vibe from her...and it's a good vibe!
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    Here’s the latest

    nerf her!!!! nerffff her! :p
    Loooks pretty goood. Perhaps a little different.

    Should be interesting. I’m sort of meh on the trailers, although this one is better than the first one, but I also thought Guardians was going to be ridiculously dumb and they’re my favorite storyline in the MCU right now.

    This. The trailers haven't sold me on Captain Marvel yet. Acting doesn't seem great.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Coyoteyou wrote: »
    Bout to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp.

    Was it good?

    It's alright.
    jexdw69dwod3.png


  • .......
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Cool. Thanks for letting me know that was out there.
  • Captain Marvel comics are great, at least the older ones. I also loved seeing her in the Fox Marvel cartoons, Avengers EMH & Super Hero Squad.

    However, the film does not look interesting but I will save my judgement after seeing it.

    AVENGERS 4 LOOKS MINDBLOWING!!!
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • So I can’t tell and I’m still trying to wake up. Iron Man and Nebula are split up right?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • e63ki5zz4pgj.jpeg

    First Poster
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    So I can’t tell and I’m still trying to wake up. Iron Man and Nebula are split up right?
    Guessing Nebula is on the Milano with Tony, just not there at the time we see him.

    Pretty sure they will be together.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Captain Marvel comics are great, at least the older ones. I also loved seeing her in the Fox Marvel cartoons, Avengers EMH & Super Hero Squad.

    However, the film does not look interesting but I will save my judgement after seeing it.

    AVENGERS 4 LOOKS MINDBLOWING!!!

    Looks like the snap made Caps beard disappear too lol. How the F did Ant-Man get out? Did Nebula double cross Tony? Those were the questions I had.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Captain Marvel comics are great, at least the older ones. I also loved seeing her in the Fox Marvel cartoons, Avengers EMH & Super Hero Squad.

    However, the film does not look interesting but I will save my judgement after seeing it.

    AVENGERS 4 LOOKS MINDBLOWING!!!

    Looks like the snap made Caps beard disappear too lol. How the F did Ant-Man get out? Did Nebula double cross Tony? Those were the questions I had.
    Ant-Man found a time vortex I am guessing. Janet mentioned that before Scott went subatomic, for a reason I am sure.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1207 posts Member
    edited December 7
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 11
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)

    He looks angry! Bet he lost his family to the snap

    Edited to avoid confusion over censored language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1207 posts Member
    edited December 11
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)

    He looks angry! Bet he lost his family to the snap

    Edited to avoid confusion over censored language. - EA_Cian

    Ronin when confronting the mad Titan Thanos:
    tenor.gif?itemid=10760625

    Avengers: EndGame is going to be one of these, "stand up in the theatre and pump your fist in excitement" kind of movie. BvS is still better tho.

    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 11
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)

    He looks angry! Bet he lost his family to the snap

    Edited to avoid confusion over censored language. - EA_Cian

    Ronin when confronting the mad Titan Thanos:
    tenor.gif?itemid=10760625

    Avengers: EndGame is going to be one of these, "stand up in the theatre and pump your fist in excitement" kind of movie. BvS is still better tho.

    What you think the chances are a Thanos actually helps them against something this movie? I know the comics he did to stop Nebula or something.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1207 posts Member
    edited December 11
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)

    He looks angry! Bet he lost his family to the snap

    Edited to avoid confusion over censored language. - EA_Cian

    Ronin when confronting the mad Titan Thanos:
    tenor.gif?itemid=10760625

    Avengers: EndGame is going to be one of these, "stand up in the theatre and pump your fist in excitement" kind of movie. BvS is still better tho.

    What you think the chances are a Thanos actually helps them against something this movie? I know the comics he did to stop Nebula or something.

    Slim to none. i think they are bringing the Avengers arc to a conclusion, and will pave the way for future movies. The post credits scene will feature Thor, Hulk and a new female Captain America leading some new mutant team forward. (total speculation, don't read the comics :))
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • westgreateight8
    399 posts Member
    edited December 11
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    .......

    Love it. Thanks for the heads up @rollind24 !!

    "guess who's back? guess who's back?" (Ronin's back, ah-ahhhh)

    He looks angry! Bet he lost his family to the snap

    Edited to avoid confusion over censored language. - EA_Cian

    Ronin when confronting the mad Titan Thanos:
    tenor.gif?itemid=10760625

    Avengers: EndGame is going to be one of these, "stand up in the theatre and pump your fist in excitement" kind of movie. BvS is still better tho.

    What you think the chances are a Thanos actually helps them against something this movie? I know the comics he did to stop Nebula or something.

    hmmm i think you're onto something
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • v8mvutphv69p.png

    Anyone remember this? Bit of a stretch but I guess I see it
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lmkkhof1cye3.jpeg

    Had to share this lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 8
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • IronSoldier
    2165 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    rollind24 wrote: »
    [
    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    When you want a really good buzz from investors before your quarter 4 results as you haven't a film out for a bit and still a few more before the next one ;)
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    [
    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    When you want a really good buzz from investors before your quarter 4 results as you haven't a film out for a bit and still a few more before the next one ;)

    And there you have it lol. Good call
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 8
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    It should be at least a month after the Avengers 4 trailer, my opinion.
    I mean sure people who are superhero nerds and have kept up with the MCU 100% since Iron Man 1, wouldn't surprise them to know that the events of IW will be undone. For casual audiences though, it makes sense to hold off on the SpidermanFFH so people can process the A4 trailer.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 8
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    It should be at least a month after the Avengers 4 trailer, my opinion.
    I mean sure people who are superhero nerds and have kept up with the MCU 100% since Iron Man 1, wouldn't surprise them to know that the events of IW will be undone. For casual audiences though, it makes sense to hold off on the SpidermanFFH so people can process the A4 trailer.

    Maybe the whole focus of the first trailer will be on Mysterio , it’s what I’m hoping for. Spiderman trailer with no Spiderman, now that would get people spinning.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Well you can read about the trailer online now. They showed it in Brazil.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers

    Everytime He says Mr Stark a little bit of me dies inside.
    It’s so annoying seeing spider-man worship Iron Man and not doing things on his own.
    Disrespectful to the character.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I gotta say the trailer for A4 didn't look very action packed... they are probably saving that for an upcoming trailer, although for IW even the first trailer had plenty of action.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Minor detail, but I watched Infinity War again last night, and Thanos' armor scarecrow can totally be seen in two shots at the end of the film (I didn't think it was in IW, but it is) Funny what you notice in hindsight.
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • I gotta say the trailer for A4 didn't look very action packed... they are probably saving that for an upcoming trailer, although for IW even the first trailer had plenty of action.

    Yea but that was before the snap. Not like I’m not expecting action in the movie.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers

    Everytime He says Mr Stark a little bit of me dies inside.
    It’s so annoying seeing spider-man worship Iron Man and not doing things on his own.
    Disrespectful to the character.

    Not a fan of Iron Man Jr

    Feels more like how Miles should be than Peter
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

    i hate this game why am i here

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • well not a kid kid but doesn't exactly have the high ground when it comes to authority
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers

    Everytime He says Mr Stark a little bit of me dies inside.
    It’s so annoying seeing spider-man worship Iron Man and not doing things on his own.
    Disrespectful to the character.

    Not a fan of Iron Man Jr

    Feels more like how Miles should be than Peter

    Cant believe people call him the most comic accurate spiderman :mask:
    accurate HOW?

    They directly ripped off miles and gave his aspects to Peter.
    Just look at Ned. He’s supposed to be Ganke from the comics

    Heck i didnt like the OG miles too much. He’s looking much better tho with the Ps4 and Spiderverse incarnations
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • but he is a kid so...

    He was also a kid in the the comics
    And the Ultimate run
    And in Spectacular
    And almost every other iteration of Peter Parker
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    but he is a kid so...

    He was also a kid in the the comics
    And the Ultimate run
    And in Spectacular
    And almost every other iteration of Peter Parker

    Spiderman is best when he is working solo.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • AzorAhai
    796 posts Member
    edited December 10
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    but he is a kid so...

    He was also a kid in the the comics
    And the Ultimate run
    And in Spectacular
    And almost every other iteration of Peter Parker

    Spiderman is best when he is working solo.

    I agree whole-heartedly, maybe the occasional team up.

    The main reason they did this was to give Sony's Spider-man movies a huge link to MCU, and Robert Downey Jr's presence helped sell that fact that this 3rd incarnation, 2nd reboot of Spider-man was going to be a whole new ballgame, one that could be taken seriously...even definitive I would say...in terms of movie representation.

    In the comics, around 2006 they had the limited series 'event' Civil War, and in that, and adult Peter Parker teams up with Tony Stark, as something of an apprentice to him (publicly). Tony and Cap end up on different sides of the Super Hero Registration Act, which Tony convinces Peter Parker to take off his mask on CNN and reveal that he is Spider-man. Tony gives Peter the Iron Spider suit, and my favorite moment of the entire event happened in the Spider-man comics...Spider-man changes allegiances to join with Cap, and Iron Man, in the middle of a skirmish with Spider-man, gives a secret command to lockup the Iron Spider suit...but SURPRISE SUCKER! Peter already figured that out and planned for it...overriding it...I digress...

    Spider-man is my favorite hero, and yes, these movies don't follow the old origin stories exactly, but that's okay. This isn't Earth-616 (the comics) it's Earth-19999 (MCU) and as far as I'm concerned, Toby Maguire was a great Peter Parker, Andrew Garfield was a great Spider-man, but Tom Holland surpasses both of them on each account.


    2000sGuy wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I cant believe theyre releasing the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer today.

    Quite an **** move if you ask me.
    The Endgame trailer was perfect in not giving away the plot or the big plan, but now we’ll see spider-man back and well and the universe in tact

    Yea if it does release it’ll be weird on what’s shown especially since the Endgame trailer barely showed anything. I really wish Disney would get the full rights to Spiderman and villains

    Scratch that it apparently got delayed to Dec 18th :joy:

    Could you imagine if the trailer went something like this:

    Peter: “Mr Stark, I still can’t believe you were able to get out of that lost ship, defeat Thanos with Adam Warlock, who’s so cool btw!, and bring almost everyone back! I’m really going to miss Cap though”

    Tony: “Shut up kid”

    I know they would never allow it to happen but would kind of funny especially since Holland keeps getting in trouble for spoilers

    Everytime He says Mr Stark a little bit of me dies inside.
    It’s so annoying seeing spider-man worship Iron Man and not doing things on his own.
    Disrespectful to the character.

    Not a fan of Iron Man Jr

    Feels more like how Miles should be than Peter

    Cant believe people call him the most comic accurate spiderman :mask:
    accurate HOW?

    They directly ripped off miles and gave his aspects to Peter.
    Just look at Ned. He’s supposed to be Ganke from the comics

    Heck i didnt like the OG miles too much. He’s looking much better tho with the Ps4 and Spiderverse incarnations

    Other than Ned/Ganke, how exactly did they rip off Miles? By making him a kid?

    I read the entire Peter Parker Ultimate Spider-man run, and maybe the first 30 issues of the Miles Ultimate Spider-man run.

    I'm a big fan of both characters, and I personally don't feel like Miles is getting messed over here....except that he's not made an appearance in the movies yet.

    I haven't played the video game, and my point isn't to be contentious...I'm just genuinely curious where you're coming from on this.

  • @AzorAhai I’ll do you one better and tell you my gripes with Homecoming as a whole.
    For one the suit’s ugly. The practical suit looks ok but It’s masked in cgi in the movie and im not a fan of the webbing pattern. But thats just me.
    Also not a fan of the 500 million web combos, karen, and all this other crazy stuff he has. It removes the tension from scenes. Spideys usually a guy who has a few set of abilities that he has to work with. Just look at the spiderman 2 train sequence. Like if mcu spiderman had to stop a runaway train, hed probably shoot off an emp thatd neutralize. Neuters a great scene
    Second off, I dont have too much of a problem with Holland. It’s his material and how hes written that I hate

    Admittedly saying miles and mcu pete are copies is a bit of a hyperbole on my part, but in a way just like how miles aspired to be like peter parker and would think “what would peter do”, mcu peter aspired tl be like iron man, and thinks “what would iron man do?”. Heck i believe he even says “i just wanna be like you” in the movie to iron man.
    A common defense is that iron man’s barely in the movie, but it’s his presence that’s distracting. If spideys gonna interact with other heroes, it should be like a partnership with maybe the occasional lesson from his elder, not a full on master-padawan relationship. Peter’s always worrying about when he can meet up with iron man next, worrying about the stark internship, worrying about iron man babying and so on. These are not peter parker type of problems, or at least the ones i prefer. He should be worrying about balancing superhero life with teenage life, thats why we all love him. Iron man replaces uncle ben in key spots, being peter’s driving motivation like the rubble scene. Its like Uncle Ben doesnt even exsist, seeing as how people flirt with May (whose too young) and no one grieves for him. I wasnt asking for a flashback scene but dang.
    His supporting cast is terrible. Ned is just your run of the mill sidekick best friend cliche, a rip off of Ganke. Michelle is a useless character who just sits around being overly cynical and is all around cringey. only got one chuckle out of me, and i sincerly hope shes not the new love interest. Also that MJ bit was ridiculous. Liz is a pretty underdeveloped crush, flash is supposed to resemble a jock. In spectacular spiderman, i was invested in peters high school life and the kids there, in homecoming i couldnt care less about them. If theyre going with this young high school vibe then they gotta make it engaging
    I can understand modernizing flash but turning him into a little indian kid was too much. Vulture was good (didnt like Black Shocker) but ultimately he’s somewhat forgetable outside of the car scene.
    Additionally, the action is underwhelming. Little to no memorable set pieces or fights. This spidey has been at it for 6 months I believe so i dont get why he cant properly web swing, throw punches, or brawl yet. He spends the entire climax getting rag dolled by vulture
    Also the ending. So spidey rejects becoming an avenger to look out for the little guy and be a friendly neighborhood spiderman. Ok i can get behind that. 1 year later he gets the upgraded suit and becomes an avenger. Removes the meaning of Homecoming’s ending completely. And then ending it on a joke of aunt may walking in is a waste of a potential storyline

    Sorry for the essay but there’s my problems with mcu spiderman. Feel free to rebuttle my points, as ive only seen homecoming once. But i had no desire to see it again after that
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • @2000sGuy

    Oh I wouldn't use the word 'rebuttle.' It's all opinion.

    My favorite Spider-man movie is Spider-man 2. You reference the train scene. Great scene. It brings an almost tear to my eye at the end when they give him his mask back. Every single time.

    My least favorite Spider-man is its sequel. Spider-man 3 (don't get me started). Well that or Amazing Spider-man 2 (tried several times, couldn't make it more than about 25 minutes into the movie - I despise Garfield's Peter Parker).

    Every single iteration of Spider-man is a little different, from medium to medium, from series to series.

    The best you can do is make an argument for your own personal definitive Spider-man. For me the only things that matter are that he always does the right thing even when it hurts him the most. And that he's funny. That's Spider-man to me.

    The MCU Spider-man, if they handle him properly and keep Holland signed on long enough, will eventually be able to stand toe to toe with the big boys in The Avengers. But right now he's just a kid. Of course he looks up to Iron Man.

    My favorite scene in Infinity War is when Tony makes him an Avenger on the spot, and his first inclination is a brief sense of giddy delight, immediately replaced with the serious realization that this role is one of great responsibility, not pride. Hands down, my favorite scene of the movie. I've only seen it once, but I will never forget that.






  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    @2000sGuy

    Oh I wouldn't use the word 'rebuttle.' It's all opinion.

    My favorite Spider-man movie is Spider-man 2. You reference the train scene. Great scene. It brings an almost tear to my eye at the end when they give him his mask back. Every single time.

    My least favorite Spider-man is its sequel. Spider-man 3 (don't get me started). Well that or Amazing Spider-man 2 (tried several times, couldn't make it more than about 25 minutes into the movie - I despise Garfield's Peter Parker).

    Every single iteration of Spider-man is a little different, from medium to medium, from series to series.

    The best you can do is make an argument for your own personal definitive Spider-man. For me the only things that matter are that he always does the right thing even when it hurts him the most. And that he's funny. That's Spider-man to me.

    The MCU Spider-man, if they handle him properly and keep Holland signed on long enough, will eventually be able to stand toe to toe with the big boys in The Avengers. But right now he's just a kid. Of course he looks up to Iron Man.

    My favorite scene in Infinity War is when Tony makes him an Avenger on the spot, and his first inclination is a brief sense of giddy delight, immediately replaced with the serious realization that this role is one of great responsibility, not pride. Hands down, my favorite scene of the movie. I've only seen it once, but I will never forget that.






    On the contrary I quite enjoy the Tasm verse. It had to grow on me at first, but besides the studio interferencd giving it some plotholes, I really enjoy the movies.
    Great Romance, Good Action, nailed the sciencey aspect and stunning visuals (particularly Tasm2).
    I get that Garfield gets alot of crap but I really enjoyed his spidey, and hey just because pete doesnt look exactly like a nerd stereotype doesnt mean he isnt peter parker. I also enjoyed his aunt may, not too young but not too old.

    As for MCU spidey i dunno, i feel like he’s too joined too late in the game for me. His characther’s gotta go through a real 180 for me to get behind him

    Id highly recommend you play the new game if you have a PS4. By far one of the best spidey interpretations ive seen
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    @2000sGuy

    Oh I wouldn't use the word 'rebuttle.' It's all opinion.

    My favorite Spider-man movie is Spider-man 2. You reference the train scene. Great scene. It brings an almost tear to my eye at the end when they give him his mask back. Every single time.

    My least favorite Spider-man is its sequel. Spider-man 3 (don't get me started). Well that or Amazing Spider-man 2 (tried several times, couldn't make it more than about 25 minutes into the movie - I despise Garfield's Peter Parker).

    Every single iteration of Spider-man is a little different, from medium to medium, from series to series.

    The best you can do is make an argument for your own personal definitive Spider-man. For me the only things that matter are that he always does the right thing even when it hurts him the most. And that he's funny. That's Spider-man to me.

    The MCU Spider-man, if they handle him properly and keep Holland signed on long enough, will eventually be able to stand toe to toe with the big boys in The Avengers. But right now he's just a kid. Of course he looks up to Iron Man.

    My favorite scene in Infinity War is when Tony makes him an Avenger on the spot, and his first inclination is a brief sense of giddy delight, immediately replaced with the serious realization that this role is one of great responsibility, not pride. Hands down, my favorite scene of the movie. I've only seen it once, but I will never forget that.






    On the contrary I quite enjoy the Tasm verse. It had to grow on me at first, but besides the studio interferencd giving it some plotholes, I really enjoy the movies.
    Great Romance, Good Action, nailed the sciencey aspect and stunning visuals (particularly Tasm2).
    I get that Garfield gets alot of crap but I really enjoyed his spidey, and hey just because pete doesnt look exactly like a nerd stereotype doesnt mean he isnt peter parker. I also enjoyed his aunt may, not too young but not too old.

    As for MCU spidey i dunno, i feel like he’s too joined too late in the game for me. His characther’s gotta go through a real 180 for me to get behind him

    Id highly recommend you play the new game if you have a PS4. By far one of the best spidey interpretations ive seen

    I'm on Xbox. But I can't justify a new console for Spider-man. Maybe if I won the lottery. My gaming time is limited, and I own a ton of games for both the Xbox One (living room) and the 360 (man-cave). But yeah. I'm missing out.

    My issue with Andrew Garfield was more that he seemed a little mopey, a little clingy. I remember seeing the beginning when he first sees Aunty May and his hands on her just seemed unnatural. Like he was aiming for "I love this woman so much" but it came across as weird to me. I thought his Peter Parker was a strange guy. His Spider-man was fine though. And I enjoyed the first movie, as I saw it in the theater (I enjoy every movie I pay to see).

    I really, really wanted them to bring Spider-man into the MCU, but didn't think it was going to happen since Sony own's Spidey's movie rights. Then they announced they had made a side-deal with Sony, and they would in fact be bringing Spider-man into the MCU, and my heart just sunk at the thought of Andrew Garfield's Spider-man in the MCU...this is not how I want my guy represented to my non-comic friends who like the Avengers movies. Oh, I felt sick in my stomach. Then, MIRACLE OF MIRACLES! I start hearing rumors that Andrew Garfield is done as Spider-man.

    Enter Tom Holland.

    Look, as a Spider-man fan, I felt Homecoming contained waaaay too much Iron Man/Tony Stark. I didn't see the movie in the theaters and that was a big reason why. By the time it hit HBO, I was mentally ready to accept that challenge, and I enjoyed it. In my mind (my opinion), the fact that we had Tom Holland as Spider-man outweighed the presence of Tony Stark.

    I was not a big fan of Captain America: Civil War. Too many heroes, and the Cap/Iron Man fight at the end felt just as forced as it did in the comic series several years earlier. But my biggest issue with Spider-man in the movie is that he said a curse word. I'm not a prude (I curse like a sailor in the right company), but my Spider-man doesn't curse.

    But I'm excited for the future. We have a young Spider-man that we'll get to watch grow.

    I recommend keeping an open mind on it. If they had brought Andrew Garfield into the MCU, that would have been my only choice. Lol.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    @2000sGuy

    Oh I wouldn't use the word 'rebuttle.' It's all opinion.

    My favorite Spider-man movie is Spider-man 2. You reference the train scene. Great scene. It brings an almost tear to my eye at the end when they give him his mask back. Every single time.

    My least favorite Spider-man is its sequel. Spider-man 3 (don't get me started). Well that or Amazing Spider-man 2 (tried several times, couldn't make it more than about 25 minutes into the movie - I despise Garfield's Peter Parker).

    Every single iteration of Spider-man is a little different, from medium to medium, from series to series.

    The best you can do is make an argument for your own personal definitive Spider-man. For me the only things that matter are that he always does the right thing even when it hurts him the most. And that he's funny. That's Spider-man to me.

    The MCU Spider-man, if they handle him properly and keep Holland signed on long enough, will eventually be able to stand toe to toe with the big boys in The Avengers. But right now he's just a kid. Of course he looks up to Iron Man.

    My favorite scene in Infinity War is when Tony makes him an Avenger on the spot, and his first inclination is a brief sense of giddy delight, immediately replaced with the serious realization that this role is one of great responsibility, not pride. Hands down, my favorite scene of the movie. I've only seen it once, but I will never forget that.






    On the contrary I quite enjoy the Tasm verse. It had to grow on me at first, but besides the studio interferencd giving it some plotholes, I really enjoy the movies.
    Great Romance, Good Action, nailed the sciencey aspect and stunning visuals (particularly Tasm2).
    I get that Garfield gets alot of crap but I really enjoyed his spidey, and hey just because pete doesnt look exactly like a nerd stereotype doesnt mean he isnt peter parker. I also enjoyed his aunt may, not too young but not too old.

    As for MCU spidey i dunno, i feel like he’s too joined too late in the game for me. His characther’s gotta go through a real 180 for me to get behind him

    Id highly recommend you play the new game if you have a PS4. By far one of the best spidey interpretations ive seen

    I'm on Xbox. But I can't justify a new console for Spider-man. Maybe if I won the lottery. My gaming time is limited, and I own a ton of games for both the Xbox One (living room) and the 360 (man-cave). But yeah. I'm missing out.

    My issue with Andrew Garfield was more that he seemed a little mopey, a little clingy. I remember seeing the beginning when he first sees Aunty May and his hands on her just seemed unnatural. Like he was aiming for "I love this woman so much" but it came across as weird to me. I thought his Peter Parker was a strange guy. His Spider-man was fine though. And I enjoyed the first movie, as I saw it in the theater (I enjoy every movie I pay to see).

    I really, really wanted them to bring Spider-man into the MCU, but didn't think it was going to happen since Sony own's Spidey's movie rights. Then they announced they had made a side-deal with Sony, and they would in fact be bringing Spider-man into the MCU, and my heart just sunk at the thought of Andrew Garfield's Spider-man in the MCU...this is not how I want my guy represented to my non-comic friends who like the Avengers movies. Oh, I felt sick in my stomach. Then, MIRACLE OF MIRACLES! I start hearing rumors that Andrew Garfield is done as Spider-man.

    Enter Tom Holland.

    Look, as a Spider-man fan, I felt Homecoming contained waaaay too much Iron Man/Tony Stark. I didn't see the movie in the theaters and that was a big reason why. By the time it hit HBO, I was mentally ready to accept that challenge, and I enjoyed it. In my mind (my opinion), the fact that we had Tom Holland as Spider-man outweighed the presence of Tony Stark.

    I was not a big fan of Captain America: Civil War. Too many heroes, and the Cap/Iron Man fight at the end felt just as forced as it did in the comic series several years earlier. But my biggest issue with Spider-man in the movie is that he said a curse word. I'm not a prude (I curse like a sailor in the right company), but my Spider-man doesn't curse.

    But I'm excited for the future. We have a young Spider-man that we'll get to watch grow.

    I recommend keeping an open mind on it. If they had brought Andrew Garfield into the MCU, that would have been my only choice. Lol.

    Yea not too much of a civil war fan myself. The plan was too convoluted and the conflict didnt come off as natural. The main reason Iron Man feels bad is because of that random woman. Plus the registration act comes off really hypocritical, especially since Ross is at the helm of it. ant man was almost on team iron man till they got spidey, clearly showing that antman was just shoe horned into the conflict for kicks and not furthering his character. Black Panther came off as the best character with an understandable arc (I like CW Panther better than in his own movie lol)

    Come to think of it I think i got gripes with most MCU movies from Ultron through Panther.
    •They butched Ultron into a comedian and Tony was unbearbly a **** in it. Also Black widow and Bruce shipping was horrible.
    •Doctor Strange and Antman are ok outside of weak villains but eh
    •Already stated some gripes with Civil War
    •I love Guardians 2
    •Already stated gripes with Homecoming
    •Ragnarok is wayyy too jokey. Holds no emotional weight and devolved Thor into a goofball and wasted the cliffhanger from Dark World
    •Black Panther wasted Klaue. Its not like he has the best rogues gallery and knocking out his best two in one movie wasnt smart but eh. Also not a fan of Wakanda’s design, they could of made it look more futuristic. Also not of fan of his characterization. They took away his intelligence and gave it to his sister (whose annoying), his suits too iron man-esque, having the force repulse thing is too much imo. Also they simplified its design from CW.

    I dont see them all as terrible (aside from Homecoming and maybe Ragnarok) but i dont think they’re all flawless like how the masses overhype them.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I liked Ragnarok a lot. Black Panther too. Very similar movies in a lot of ways. But they both make my Top 5.

    Rounding it out, I'd add Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain America: Winter Soldier.

    I didn't mind the humor in Ragnarok because I felt the first two movies were average to above average in quality and this movie gave me a blend of syfy and fantasy...and I loved the soundtrack.

    My biggest gripe in general about the MCU, at least prior to Infinity War, is (was...hopefully) the overused theme of heroes fighting heroes.
  • Booo! Civil War was awesome!
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    v8mvutphv69p.png

    Anyone remember this? Bit of a stretch but I guess I see it

    Wow, I actually really do see it. Not so much the "G" but everything else, pretty much.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

    fyq20437essy.png
Sign In or Register to comment.