criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

⦗Boba Fett⦘ Needs to be Better!

After playing Boba a lot more after the nerf, he's actually a pretty okay hero. But he still has a lot of problems.
  • Jet Pack: Boba's jetpack being extremely sensitive to explosive damage is a pretty cool weakness & counter for him.
    But honestly just shooting him ONCE with any sort of explosive weaponry just knocks him straight out of the sky & causes an absurd amount of fall damage. It's incredibly annoying when this happens.

I can understand when this happens with more defined explosive abilities like Han's detonate charge, but with continuous explosive damage from the DC-15 or Wookiee Bowcastors short circuiting his jet pack just makes Boba's life incredibly stressful all throughout the way.
  • EE-3 Blaster Rifle: I think his gun should either fire faster, or be more accurate. The damage is fine for the most part.
  • Rocket Barrage: The Rocket Barrage performance is pretty good now, it actually takes skill to damage players with it as of right now. Good on Guillaume for not completely destroying it's capability while also allowing it to completely decimate players still.
  • Scan Pulse: The Scan Pulse should work like Finn's Under Cover Team ability. Right now if you use his Scan Pulse it just scans where your positioned once, its not a continuous scan pulse like Bossk's & Rey's.
    Having the information sharing be a star card is just preposterous.
    Finn and Rey get to have the exact same ability as him, but for some reason he needs to have a star card to share his ability?
    That star card needs to be given at a default.
    There's no reason why Rey & Finn get to show team mates the enemy's position without a star card, but Boba for some reason doesn't get a free pass with this.

If you activate the scan pulse when Boba is out of jet pack fuel, then it should allow you to still use the jet pack and not force you to jump around like a mad man.

Also I sometimes can't see the scan pulsed enemy when I activate the ability, same thing with Bossk.
    But with Rey & Finn this isn't the case. Fix this please.
  • Concussion Rocket: The Concussion Rocket is incredibly bugged, it doesn't even blind the enemy sometimes as I've been hit by it several times and its 50/50 if it actually gets to disorient my vision.
    I think the rocket should bring more of a distorted vision effect on your screen if it hits you, as even when it successfully concusses my vison I'm still able to see what's going on.

Just some small side things:
The flame thrower I feel should be an actual ability, or just made to be more reliable. I cant seem to find one situation where its actually helpful.

Boba should get a health on kill card of some kind. Maybe one that regen's 20 of his health if he kills an enemy that has been revealed by his scan pulse.
Boba should also get a recharge enhancer starcard, one that lets him get faster recharge times if he kills 3 opponents with his flamethrower.

Also, one small little side thing.
If someone gets killed by the rocket barrage, or Flame thrower, I'd like if the opponents bodies were left in flames after getting killed by those abilities. You know, just like in battlefield 1!

Make Boba Fett great again!
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• Agree 100% with everything here.
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    Bravo, agree.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • Good news! Boba is getting bugged in the next patch! All I know about is the blaster but maybe they’ll do more
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Totally agree. I think he could also really benefit from the fourth ability slot because in his current state, he’s pitiful and not hardly worth the hero spot he has. Maybe give him his full ranged flamethrower that can be used in the air for triangle/Y button. Equal damage and burn to the flame trooper would be sufficient. It’d really help him against saber heroes turtling also without being annoying with rockets. I have really tried with him lately and he’s sorely in need of all this. He’s basically a rag doll that can barely function in GA. He needs to be better.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Totally agree. I think he could also really benefit from the fifth ability slot because in his current state, he’s pitiful and not hardly worth the hero spot he has. Maybe give him his full ranged flamethrower that can be used in the air for triangle/Y button. Equal damage and burn to the flame trooper would be sufficient. It’d really help him against saber heroes turtling also without being annoying with rockets. I have really tried with him lately and he’s sorely in need of all this. He’s basically a rag doll that can barely function in GA. He needs to be better.

Fixed. Boba already has 4 abilities. Adding in a full use flamethrower would be a 5th ability.
  • Adding a flamethrower is too much. He already has rockets that do 500+ damage and people think this isn’t enough? Ridiculous. You should see what kind of Boba players I come up against and you’ll be hesitant to say he needs any sort of buff.
  • He's fine in HvV and in the hands of a good player can easily top the leaderboard. But I agree that he needs some improvements for GA to make people wanna spend the battle points on him
  • He needs HP on kill in GA to be viable, the jet pack speed helps but it isn't enough, if two bursts is required to kill most targets he needs something to compensate, otherwise make his blaster like it was in BF2015. One shot up close with a head shot, and two at range.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • He needs HP on kill in GA to be viable, the jet pack speed helps but it isn't enough, if two bursts is required to kill most targets he needs something to compensate, otherwise make his blaster like it was in BF2015. One shot up close with a head shot, and two at range.

Wrong.
  • Zepheon wrote: »
    He needs HP on kill in GA to be viable, the jet pack speed helps but it isn't enough, if two bursts is required to kill most targets he needs something to compensate, otherwise make his blaster like it was in BF2015. One shot up close with a head shot, and two at range.

Wrong.

So do you mean that his entire paragraph was wrong, or do you just disagree with the HP on kill?
    I'd really like to know as you gave little to no explanation as to Why exactly he was wrong.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Boba is fine IMO the most mobile guy who flies alone in the skies unmatched... he is a glass cannon and rightfully so
    He needs HP on kill in GA to be viable, the jet pack speed helps but it isn't enough, if two bursts is required to kill most targets he needs something to compensate, otherwise make his blaster like it was in BF2015. One shot up close with a head shot, and two at range.

Wrong.

I'm not wrong, I guarantee you couldn't get a 100 killsteak with boba if your life depended on it. The emperor and Bossk can do this relatively easily comparatively. Why on earth would I or any serious player then choose what amounts to an inferior Hero? Needs a fix, ever since his rockets were gutted boba's become a bad joke, a long shot from the bounty hunter we expected.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Zepheon
    225 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Zepheon wrote: »

Wrong.

I'm not wrong, I guarantee you couldn't get a 100 killsteak with boba if your life depended on it. The emperor and Bossk can do this relatively easily comparatively. Why on earth would I or any serious player then choose what amounts to an inferior Hero? Needs a fix, ever since his rockets were gutted boba's become a bad joke, a long shot from the bounty hunter we expected.

I can guarantee that I won’t either, because I play HVV mainly. But I get killsteaks every single match. GA isn’t the only game mode, you know. And if you think he’s balanced in HVV, something is wrong.
    Post edited by Zepheon on
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    Boba is fine IMO the most mobile guy who flies alone in the skies unmatched... he is a glass cannon and rightfully so

Hey can you post some gameplay? I want to see what being in the top 0.001% looks like.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

Wrong.

I can guarantee that I won’t either, because I play HVV mainly. But I get killsteaks every single match. GA isn’t the only game mode, you know. And if you think he’s balanced in HVV, something is wrong.

No, we both know I'm talking about GA, you probably couldn't get a 30 kill streak on boba, let alone a 100. Again, why would anybody pick a Hero that outright sucks compared to another. Stop balancing just the mode you play in, which is jokingly easier to do well than the other, since usually half the game is a sword fight.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    Boba is fine IMO the most mobile guy who flies alone in the skies unmatched... he is a glass cannon and rightfully so

Hey can you post some gameplay? I want to see what being in the top 0.001% looks like.

More like the 99%, I bet your bottom dollar he'd be pressed to get a 30 kill streak in GA. Boba's trash, His rockets are near useless now, and you basically HAVE to run the extra rockets, otherwise your only killing sitting ducks, probably not even that.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Zepheon
    225 posts Member

Wrong.

No, we both know I'm talking about GA, you probably couldn't get a 30 kill streak on boba, let alone a 100. Again, why would anybody pick a Hero that outright sucks compared to another. Stop balancing just the mode you play in, which is jokingly easier to do well than the other, since usually half the game is a sword fight.

First off, who are you to tell me what I can and can’t do on GA? Second, if HVV is so easy, would you like to find a decent match against good players and post gameplay? GA is cheese half the time, just like HVV. It’s usually all circumstantial rather than skill, I don’t know why you keep boasting about killstreaks.

Wrong.

First off, who are you to tell me what I can and can’t do on GA? Second, if HVV is so easy, would you like to find a decent match against good players and post gameplay? GA is cheese half the time, just like HVV. It’s usually all circumstantial rather than skill, I don’t know why you keep boasting about killstreaks.

Kill streaks are what define a skilled player. Playing the objective isn't skill, anybody can throw bodies on a point, trust me I see scrubs doing it all day. Getting a 100 kill streak definitely means your good at the game. My record btw is 156 on bossk, I can guarantee 95% of the player base couldn't re-creat this, so It's definitely a metric of skill.

HvV is easy mode, it's a sword fight 70% of the time, meaning you can easily run more often than not and not get shot in the back, and your only up against 4 other players, not 20. No penalty for dying unless your the target, overall a casual mode for those who honestly probably couldn't compete in GA. My max with boba pre-nerf (from the HvV crowd mind you) was 87 kills, now I doubt I could make it past 40. That's not balanced, he can't compete with palpatine or even vader now. It's not worth picking him is what we're all trying to say, and get resolved.

Trust me, If I can barely get 40 kills with boba and you telling me you mainly play HvV... I doubt you could either.

My BF2015 KD was 3.73 something, with over 2000 hours and some 6k+ games and well over 30,000 kills. cemented basically. 90% of most other people I encountered had 1.5 and below.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Zepheon
    225 posts Member

Wrong.

Kill streaks are what define a skilled player. Playing the objective isn't skill, anybody can throw bodies on a point, trust me I see scrubs doing it all day. Getting a 100 kill streak definitely means your good at the game. My record btw is 156 on bossk, I can guarantee 95% of the player base couldn't re-creat this, so It's definitely a metric of skill.

HvV is easy mode, it's a sword fight 70% of the time, meaning you can easily run more often than not and not get shot in the back, and your only up against 4 other players, not 20. No penalty for dying unless your the target, overall a casual mode for those who honestly probably couldn't compete in GA. My max with boba pre-nerf (from the HvV crowd mind you) was 87 kills, now I doubt I could make it past 40. That's not balanced, he can't compete with palpatine or even vader now. It's not worth picking him is what we're all trying to say, and get resolved.

Trust me, If I can barely get 40 kills with boba and you telling me you mainly play HvV... I doubt you could either.

My BF2015 KD was 3.73 something, with over 2000 hours and some 6k+ games and well over 30,000 kills. cemented basically. 90% of most other people I encountered had 1.5 and below.

Congratulations, my K/D was about the same. Again, it’s circumstantial. Maybe you don’t want to admit it, but that’s just how it is. Bossk is also easy mode in GA, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. You know what’s really casual? Playing as an officer and getting top of the leaderboard without doing anything but standing near teammates. Is that how you get Boba Fett? Or do you get 20 kills in a row because you’re so MLG and never die? Do you only use rockets to get your kills as Boba? Do you actually play aggressively at all when you get your supposed killstreaks? Show us a video.

Wrong.

I just played a match with Boba in GA. We won in less than 8 mins and I got 27 kills with him.... So I am sure a prolonged 20 min game I could of gotten close to 75ish.

Also I mainly play HvV. Kill streaks do not define you, I disagree. Sure it means you're a skilled player, but define you... come on. Boba's jet pack lets you sit in the distance, swoop in get 5 kills and your out before anyone sees your there.

Boba is fine for GA, he is wicked op for HvV.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH