criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

If Cargo returns..

d0kRX
1398 posts Member
If the original cargo returns, will it make this game better? Obviously they're gonna bring something like conquest to the game long before the original cargo mode, but would it be better overall once they add cargo?
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• I'd only play a version where there are no jump packs, I had my fill of Grasshopper Wars last game and have no interest in going through it again. Which does mean Im not bothering with the recently announced areial cargo mode.

That said just regular would be something Id defiantly play because this game's player base seems alot better then the last game and terrible teammates was the only flaw with last games version of it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I think cargo would just weigh down the game being an unnecessary mode that just splits the community. We are gonna have 2 modes that are similar (strike and jump cargo) so I think the playstyle is represented close enough.
  • Cargo, dropzone, and conquest is what’s going to keep this game alive imo, well that and private matches. Strike is a joke, blast an abomination, HvV is ok until the new wears off, GA is ok but lacks any type of long term replay value imo. Forced playlist was a massive deal for the last game yet here we are with forced playlist. A split community is better than a dead community. Just my opinion.
  • Dash
    11558 posts Member
    I just want Drop Zone!!! My favorite mode :love: :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I just want Drop Zone!!! My favorite mode :love: :sunglasses:

For sure dude, by far and away my favorite. I’m actually surprised I don’t see more people asking for dz. I like Cargo ok but it seems to be a fan favorite. Get your guys on it lol, we need a megathread dropzone.
  • I'd play it. Didn't really care for it the last go around, but this game's gameplay and feel might be better for the mode.

Although, to echo @Dash_Gaming I would have absolutely no problem with Drop Zone being added. That mode was great on that one Bespin map.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    Someone could make a drop zone thread too, I like that, cargo, and extraction. It'd be nice to see them in BF2 someday, and I think it could only strengthen the game!
  • I’d be hype if they added original Cargo, no reinforcements, no heroes, just two small teams trying to outplay and outthink each other. Cargo is what kept me playing BF2015.

Cargo with just heroes could've possibly been interesting.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • rollind24
    5390 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I believe it would. The back and forth in the game is what gave it a lot of replay ability last game for me. I’m not worried about having too many modes “splitting the playerbase”. What split the playerbase was the season pass, not choices of modes to play on.

Frankly I’d take any of the previous games 3 small modes and duke it out class vs class.

I’m nervous about jet pack Cargo, it doesn’t sound fun to me right now but I’m willing to give it a chance. One of the issues last game was everyone jetpacking everywhere so I’m not sure what the reasoning behind making a full mode of it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    I’d be hype if they added original Cargo, no reinforcements, no heroes, just two small teams trying to outplay and outthink each other. Cargo is what kept me playing BF2015.

With heroes, that isn't a shabby idea, I'd be willing to try it, even though I'm no good with heroes.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I believe it would. The back and forth in the game is what gave it a lot of replay ability last game for me. I’m not worried about having too many modes “splitting the playerbase”. What split the playerbase was the season pass, not choices of modes to play on.

Frankly I’d take any of the previous games 3 small modes and duke it out class vs class.

I’m nervous about jet pack Cargo, it doesn’t sound fun to me right now but I’m willing to give it a chance. One of the issues last game was everyone jetpacking everywhere so I’m not sure what the reasoning behind making a full mode of it.

I totally agree with this, at least on PS4. People think it was all the game modes, but I think it was mostly that the dlc split playerbase.
  • I’d be hype if they added original Cargo, no reinforcements, no heroes, just two small teams trying to outplay and outthink each other. Cargo is what kept me playing BF2015.

I’d be willing to give that a shot. I really think once more hero’s are introduced a small objective mode with only heros could be interesting. Would be fun to see how people utilize different heros/villains for attacking and defending.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    I’d be hype if they added original Cargo, no reinforcements, no heroes, just two small teams trying to outplay and outthink each other. Cargo is what kept me playing BF2015.

With heroes, that isn't a shabby idea, I'd be willing to try it, even though I'm no good with heroes.

I think they would need to disable all forms of jetpack, dashes, dodges ect while carrying the package to keep it balanced though, because DS has a massive mobility advantage over the LS.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think cargo would just weigh down the game being an unnecessary mode that just splits the community. We are gonna have 2 modes that are similar (strike and jump cargo) so I think the playstyle is represented close enough.

I don't think Strike and Cargo are comparable at all. Cargo is a far better mode than Strike. I say that as someone that mainly plays Strike and mainly played Cargo on the old game. This game desperately needs more modes in my opinion. Cargo, Extraction, and a non-linear large mode.

Strike = Halfway boring Cargo with no back and forth or Mini Galactic Assault.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think cargo would just weigh down the game being an unnecessary mode that just splits the community. We are gonna have 2 modes that are similar (strike and jump cargo) so I think the playstyle is represented close enough.

I don't think Strike and Cargo are comparable at all. Cargo is a far better mode than Strike. I say that as someone that mainly plays Strike and mainly played Cargo on the old game. This game desperately needs more modes in my opinion. Cargo, Extraction, and a non-linear large mode.

Strike = Halfway boring Cargo with no back and forth or Mini Galactic Assault.

I totally agree with that, and I play strike alot too. Cargo should have been like a staple, I've heard that most fps games have a staple mode like capture the flag. Cargo (the original one) for me is that staple. Don't get me wrong, the conquest-like gamemode the devs are working on is probably gonna rock!
  • I miss Supremacy. Making a come back and winning after only having one Node left was an incredible feeling.
  • its funny how people are saying "pls no jetpacks"

when literally everyone had the jetpack starcard in bf1
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I want cargo for arcade offline implemented my fav mode from battlefront 2015 :)
  • acc751 wrote: »
    its funny how people are saying "pls no jetpacks"

I didn't
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo
    14788 posts Member
    acc751 wrote: »

I used a jet pack twice, once to unlock Boba (I think) in the diorama , once to jump snipe.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    acc751 wrote: »

I didn't

I didn't either. Sometimes yes, but mostly just thermal and dioxis.
  • They had it right for the most part in bf15 imo with classic cargo and dropzone. I think jet packs added the speed aspect and made for a more twitch faster shooter. Still, cargo really doesn’t need JP’s.

Classic modes are classic for a reason though, fads die. It’s like hot pink may be cool a few weeks but then the new wears off and everyone realizes its hideous. Black, white, and red never get old because it’s classic, same with classic game modes. Cargo in bf15 along with dropzone and droid run had tons of players, still does, that’s what gamers want, not strike.I also like the classic HvV overall for longevity.

Dropzone would almost have to have jet packs and be like it was in bf15 I think. Even hero hunt wouldn’t have been a bad mode if it wasn’t so bugged out, I know a lot of people that loved than mode. The jet packs in this game suck imo, they aren’t tight or accurate, it’s more of a hover and feels like a decade old design. I would rather no jet packs if we’re limited to the new ones. Guess we’ll find out “Soon” enough.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    I kind of wish they would just replace Strike with Cargo and Extraction... :*

This won't happen, but I'd be all for it! Especially if they added Jabbas palace!
  • d0kRX wrote: »

This won't happen, but I'd be all for it! Especially if they added Jabbas palace!

What if they just added the modes to Strike?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • tommytom64
    1079 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »

Yeah, this could work and is probably what they would end up doing if these game modes come and aren't temporary. The only reason I initially suggested it is because I would want the option to play them separately, and plus, I've just found that Strike isn't particularly popular in the community, but I don't have actual data or anything, this is only based on observation. I can at least speak for myself when I say I don't like Strike much at all.
  • Some things I saw in early jet-pack cargo game play was: you can now run and roll with the rocket out, rocket has multiple shots but is on a vanguard type timer, troops were given based 220 health over current 200 making the max 265 over 240 and the jetpack had a very quick cool down.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »

Yeah, this could work and is probably what they would end up doing if these game modes come and aren't temporary. The only reason I initially suggested it is because I would want the option to play them separately, and plus, I've just found that Strike isn't particularly popular in the community, but I don't have actual data or anything, this is only based on observation. I can at least speak for myself when I say I don't like Strike much at all.

I agree, I haven’t seen too many positive comments about Strike and would prefer Cargo was in its own mode. I’d take it added to Strike too though
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • cargo cargo cargo cargo cargo cargo
    if you keep saying it. maybe it will come true
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    cargo cargo cargo cargo cargo cargo
    if you keep saying it. maybe it will come true

Feel it in the Force do you?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cargo was the most tactical mode in BF2015, I miss that feeling of ‘wait for it.... GOGOGO.’ Attacking and trusting some random pubbie to cover you and defend, the feeling of a risk paying off and trading blows between teams like a boxing match. Could play that mode forever.
  • Cargo was the most tactical mode in BF2015, I miss that feeling of ‘wait for it.... GOGOGO.’ Attacking and trusting some random pubbie to cover you and defend, the feeling of a risk paying off and trading blows between teams like a boxing match. Could play that mode forever.

Best was going into a match already happening being down by 3 or 4 cargos and the exhilaration of a comeback.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I want battle royal mode, last man or maybe standing wins. When you get killed you turn into support only (lay turretss, boost, mark, etc). That way a team on Xbox chat can stay engaged if they want
  • Handerfyreen
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Juice42 wrote: »
    I want battle royal mode, last man or maybe standing wins. When you get killed you turn into support only (lay turretss, boost, mark, etc). That way a team on Xbox chat can stay engaged if they want

Just no...

• Juice42 wrote: »
    I want battle royal mode, last man or maybe standing wins. When you get killed you turn into support only (lay turretss, boost, mark, etc). That way a team on Xbox chat can stay engaged if they want

Yuck

• Juice42 wrote: »

If there's ever a Star Wars battle royale game it should be a separate game, not a game mode in Battlefront.
  • Hopefully we get some exact details soon, the vids I’ve watched it looked a little weird.
  • Strike is a poor mans Cargo.

Jet Pack Cargo is a step in the right direction, but ideally, trooper only Cargo (no reinforcements) is what we want. Make it happen FFS!!

• I think they (the devs) probably looked at the popularity of cargo in bf15 and thought that strike would make a great replacement, we all make mistakes!! Hopefully if they are bringing across some of the early maps they will bring some of the early games as well.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    Cargo was the most tactical mode in BF2015, I miss that feeling of ‘wait for it.... GOGOGO.’ Attacking and trusting some random pubbie to cover you and defend, the feeling of a risk paying off and trading blows between teams like a boxing match. Could play that mode forever.

This is definitely why they should bring back the old cargo mode, many can play that mode forever, have a blast doing it, and that feeling of competitive action is amazing in it.

Jet Pack Cargo is a step in the right direction, but ideally, trooper only Cargo (no reinforcements) is what we want. Make it happen FFS!!

Exactly.

Boom Shaka Laka!
    #infantrylivesmatter