criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Haven't heard much on Han Solo here

IG88VSBossk
935 posts Member
edited February 2018
Do you think he's a well rounded hero or do you think he needs adjusting? What do you think he needs if a change is necessary? Your thoughts? IMO that shoulder thing is weird, never got use to it. lol

Replies

• Far too little health for me to ever choose him unless we’re guarding an enclosed objective and I have adequate Trooper support. He melts.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    He's very good in HvV. Needs more max health regen
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • He's ok in certain maps which aren't that open, so for naboo, Death Star, starkiller base for example you can do pretty well with his detonate charge. Because there's a lot of points in those maps where you are fighting in small corridors or pretty close to each other. Wouldn't use him on a big open map like kashyyyk as he doesn't have a healing card and can die pretty quickly. But overall he's pretty good his blaster is good as well as his detonate charge. His shoulder charge is pointless in my opinion
  • hsf_
    1617 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    He's ok in certain maps which aren't that open, so for naboo, Death Star, starkiller base for example you can do pretty well with his detonate charge. Because there's a lot of points in those maps where you are fighting in small corridors or pretty close to each other. Wouldn't use him on a big open map like kashyyyk as he doesn't have a healing card and can die pretty quickly. But overall he's pretty good his blaster is good as well as his detonate charge. His shoulder charge is pointless in my opinion

I am on the fence with this one, I kind of see it as a "last resort" attack or "I'm going to take you with me" kind of thing in HvV anyway.

• He's just... okay. A huge glass cannon that cannot survive any kind of sustained fire. Even a single enemy can just about kill him. Personally, I like him. He's great playing defensively. If he needs anything, its a health increase.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • HvV he's almost Chewie level. Insane damage output if you can hit heads. Broad shoulders is great for when sith close in.

GA he is too squishy, but on naboo and starkiller he's very fun with detonite charge around corners.
  • As with all heroes that aren't capable of healing or buffing their health themselves, with Maul being the exception, I find him weak in Galactic Assault. Once you're down to your minimum health, any capable player will curbstomp you if they are using a low TTK weapon.

He's a beast on Heroes Vs Villains though.
  • Han Solo is a pretty solid hero if you ask me.
    He's absolutely amazing in HvV, his detonate charge can be used in any situation & absolutely decimates foes. Definitely a carry hero in that mode.

But in Galactic Assault he's certainly lacking compared to other heroes.
    A couple of things that I think he desperately needs is either a better health regen like 250 or 300, or a health on kill card.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• It only takes a little carbonite and he's useless! :D
  • Anoh wrote: »

How often do you play GA @Anoh ?
  • I feel like han like most blaster heroes needs more base health regen and a regen card.

His shoulder charge is extremely clunky and odd. When you hit an infantry with the shoulder charge there’s usually a giant delay from when you actually hit the enemy to when the fall back and you get credited with the kill.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

How often do you play GA @Anoh ?

Quite often. He's overall real fragile in GA though
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • the blaster heroes are at a severe disadvantage in HvV.
    consider now they are nerfing combat roll....

Han's detonite charge is amazing, however his sharpshooter can be more debilitating than useful as you lose peripheral vision/environmental awareness, and cannot roll or use other abilities while its active... often ill activate it and in the havoc of CQC forget i cannot roll and am moving at the pace of a snail.
    He has 600 hp with no regen star card or base health star card.
    and i find his combat roll far less effective for some reason compared to other heroes/villains.

on a good team or well balanced game you can have great success with Han, and in 1v1 situations he can excel.

but thats where he and other non force using heroes fall short. Beside's the fact that a few classes can completely block your damage for what seems like indefinitely. in in 1v2 or greater situations you will get chain cc'd and demolished in just a matter of time. Never mind that (especially for console players) just landing shots can be a challenge..... Maul particularly if played correctly is literally a blurr.

comparatively the force users can do well 1v1, and not only have the mobility to survive 1v2 or greater situations but to intermittently apply offense... and worst comes to worse Rey, Luke, Maul, Palpatine can run away and be very challenging to catch; vader if played correctly can backpedal while blocking, mixing in his saber throw and force choke... i cant believe some of the crazy situations ive not only survived as vader but came out on top with low HP vs 2 or 3 opponents.

i made a thread yesterday comparing the mobility of dark side vs light side heroes.... but ive ranted at length about the disadvantage non force users are at.
    Chewie breaks this mold because of his reliable CC, massive dmg and his bowcaster relying less on aim and cannot be blocked.
    Bossk obviously relies on regular blaster fire as a last resort, and Boba would be wise to fly clear of any CQC situation without cooldowns up...

i worry that with nerfing combat roll you will see an even greater advantage given to Dark Side in HvV with the more mobile and and aggressive toons, as well as the best characters to Turtle

long story short... Han can demolish players not paying attention to him from a distance, and can do absolutely fine 1v1.... but past a 1v1 situation falls wayyyy behind other heroes in survivability and effectiveness.