criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Give credit for kill assist

I can’t even begin to describe how frustrating it is trying to level up things based on kill count, simply due to how often I get a kill stolen.

I can have some guy dead to rights, having done most of the damage and then a teammate comes along and gets the killshot. Now I don’t mind the teamwork, but if I’ve done most of the damage I should get the credit.

So either give credit for the kill to whoever did the most damage, or start making kill assists count for kill-based objectives. Even if it’s at a half-ratio, it’s better than the constant slap in the face I and others get currently.

Replies

• Inflatable
    122 posts Member
    edited February 11
    It works both ways as I'm sure you steal plenty of kills from others as well.. In other words, I'm not that bothered about it, although I agree it can be annoying if you get way more assists then actual kills when you are trying to grind for some milestone or unlock that requires kills.. Blame the stupid "progression" for that frustration, it makes people play games in ways they do not want to or is actually degradative for objective play or the gameplay of other players in the same game..
  • Well they said progression is being reworked so wait n see.
  • Buddy, I think you'd better be grateful you got a kill assist. Whenever I die, t's cause my team is running around like confused headless chickens leaving me to die
    Set course for Eadu, Sir!
    pmgj01wtvbi7.png

RELIVE THE PAST™
  • Get your own kills...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • I’d love to get my own kills, that’s actually what I’m trying to do. But when a teammate walks up and effectively “kill steals”, despite me having done most of the damage, it’s awfully hard.

The system needs to be reworked for “assist counts as kill” so we don’t do most of the work for none of the reward.
  • I’d love to get my own kills, that’s actually what I’m trying to do. But when a teammate walks up and effectively “kill steals”, despite me having done most of the damage, it’s awfully hard.

The system needs to be reworked for “assist counts as kill” so we don’t do most of the work for none of the reward.

I agree it's frustrating sometimes, especially when you've worn down a wookie warrior, hero, or death trooper all by yourself but a teammate gets that very last shot off and gets credit for the "kill".
  • It's the same for everyone.. Seems a bit silly for say 4 people to attack a wookie and all get a kill...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • It's the same for everyone.. Seems a bit silly for say 4 people to attack a wookie and all get a kill...

I’m not suggesting anyone who lands a hit on a target gets credit, try reading what I actually suggested.

Other games have “assist counts as kill” mechanics, this one could do the same. If I’m doing 70% or more of the damage to the target and my teammate comes along and just happens to get the killshot on a target I’m mowing down, I should get something out of it.
  • I know they have this mechanic in SA (sort of). They call it eliminations (kills + assists). I know you get credit for assists and usually a bonus for "team play" when multiple team mates contribute to the same kill.

Regardless of mode, it's very hard to blame anyone for "stolen kills." The pace of the game is very frenetic, often times just running around looking for someone to shoot and praying you don't get sniped out of left field. If you see an enemy engaged with a team mate, you don't think, "Oh, I better let him have this kill." You think, "Let me help so we can both survive." There are a lot of good players out there so everyone should do anything they can to get any kill available to them, within the context of playing the objective.
  • I agree, several games have an 'assist counts as kill' mechanic where if you did a certain majority of the damage but someone else get's the kill then you also get rewarded with a kill, and after playing this game for a week I remember maybe 2 situations where more then 2 people were shooting at the same target so the whole '4 people get rewarded with a kill'.
    Besides the mechanic would reward the one who did the most damage, so let's say it's set at 60-70% of the total damage done, 4 players can't all get that amount from the same target so that arguement is invalid.
    I think this would help a lot especially those who play the sniper class, when I use it myself I either stay patient for a target who stands still long enough and clear enough for me to get off 2 shots or I just hope I come across an enemy that someone has taken damage from and I can get the killshot.
    An a hole move on my part yes but with all the progression being based on kills and I have to get a certain kill otherwise it's no use for me progression wise.
    As for stolen kills in general I agree you can't really blame anyone, the pace and the TTK of the game leads to that, a lot of times i've come across enemies that I happened to 1 shot because someone had dealt a lot of damage to them but then again you can't stop and spend 3-4 seconds making sure someone else isn't shooting at them so you don't 'steal' a kill, you see an enemy you just shoot, that's how it is.
  • I think they do...
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • works both ways. steal they kills homie