criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Fighter Assault Some Strange Scores and Non Standard Set Up, Is There a Hack Being Used?

I like many other players have been playing SFA since day one and i love it, have maxed out Fighter and Interceptor to purple, (working on the bomber, but all blue). I do swap cards dependent upon the scenario, (and skills of the other players i am up against).

I can usually get a fair few kills, and play as hero ships, am not great like some others (Got to admit there are some fantastic players out there), but can give a good run for my money.
However recently whilst playing it has been noted by players that there are some really high scores appearing, 60 + kills for some players when others are averaging half that, (before any one says practice and get good, or that some players are really good (yes i know some are, as i said, but please read on).

The thing is the players with lower scores in these matches are maxed out on the card front, and the very very few who are 60 + score are loaded with minimum star cards with no upgrades (yesterday 1 player had one card showing with no additional upgrades added) scoring 70 + and came first. Other players were calling out Hacker, but i didn't think anything of it until he kept taking me out, literally no warning e.g. no in game call of some on on your tail, nor were there many laser strikes, it was just flying along (not in a straight line) and bang, even as a hero. I thought this was weird so looked for him in play, noticed he had no target circle on his craft to aim at, nor did he hang around when flying full throttle, seemed to go instantly from one side of the map to the other.
It wasn't LAG either, unless he was plugged directly into the server unlike the rest of us.

Any one else noted players with minimum cards equipped wiping the floor with everyone else or other issues similar in SA lately?
Rebellions are built on hope.

Replies

• Yeah there’s been some suspicious happenings in some SA matches lately. 30 seconds in and a player has 3k points and 9-10 eliminations? Color me intrigued.

Last night I got killed by two shots from an TIE Interceptor while flying a y-wing at full health. Uh, what?

I’ll readily admit I may not be the best and can give credit where credit is due, but every now and then I get one of those “****” moments where things don’t quite add up.
  • I did notice a game the other day where top player had 80+ kills, next one had 34 (XBone). Most of the other games up to that point the top players were in the 30-40 kill range. I thought it was weird but they were playing as Boba for most of the match though so just chalked it up to a crazy good player. Those seismic charges can take out 5+ fighters every time.
  • As one of those who can regularly get 60+ kills when hunting in SA, I think you're right, there's something fishy going on with certain fighters. Don't know which cheats are around, but it seems some people add/mix abilities (like ECM which causes the mentioned target circle to disappear)for their fighters. Health and damage buffs seems to be a thing, too.

Hard to ascertain, however, so don't accuse people of cheating unless you're certain their fighters does something they're not supposed to. I've seen plenty of people better than me, perfectly able to get 80+ kills on some maps, which I struggle to do. None of those fly without full blue/purple cards, however. By the time you've practiced enough to get these killstreaks, you've also gained enough star cards and crafting parts to buff up those starfighters. So, grey cards are a strongly indicative of something not being right. :smile:

• Don't get me wrong i can have matches where i score very well 50 - 60 plus, as do other players.

My point was when players are using maxed out cards, and yes we all get killed by new players quite often in game, its the nature of the game, but a dozen regular players who have high maxed out card getting floored by a one carder with one grey slot is a bit unusual to the extent they achieve double the kills, i mean if they are that good then we have a long way to go to compete especially if they max up on that kind of kill streak.

Perhaps showing every ones K/D at the end of the match would be an idea in addition to the current system no arguments then.

As i cant prove any cheating i haven't actually haven't accused anyone outright, which is why i am asking if any one else has noticed some weird stuff lately.

However, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then i am pretty sure its a duck.
  • ...(like ECM which causes the mentioned target circle to disappear)for their fighters. ...
    I've seen this once or twice on an enemy Fighter, but didn't see anything else fishy and the player wasn't wiping the floor with the rest of us, so I just chalked it up to lag.

In any case, I haven't seen much to indicate cheats or hacks or even glitches that can grant an advantage so far in Starfighter Assault on Xbox.

She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • Well yea hack is even in SFA, cus a few days ago I was again shoot down on my Falcon by one shoot across the map just rofling when it happend :-D (yea and that guy was empty no starcards... why so he got better equipment on his PC :-D than starcards ... kek)

P.S. Dont forget to close this topic cus someone say cheating :-D :-D :-D
  • Killing in SFA alone doesn't always seem to offer many points, other non-objectives such as destroying turrets seem to add up the points quickly.
  • PC? master race eh? lol
  • 60+ kills every time in SA?................................****

Hero ships in like 15 seconds?.........................****

When you take out a ship and it says "Kyp Astar".................................you think "doh a bot!"

But maybe there are some who are more "advanced" bots? Just they have a more human name.

I don't mind being challenged, but it does get old feeling like a 3rd wheel in a much superior machine. Whats the point of level 4 star cards if everyone has them?

Kind of like having a Lamborghini and living in New York city, or owning a dual 4X12 guitar cabinet stack with matching 100 watt Marshall tube head and living in an apartment complex.

Hook me up with some human noobs I can pwn with my high level star cards and then maybe I can get 65 eliminations per match! Yeah!
  • Holden
    60 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Dying after one or two hits sounds like latency. Since the last patch, I have been matched against people from well out of my region, and this happens reasonably often, even when I am jinking tight and no-one should be able to keep a stream of bolts on target. It's not that they are good players either – they are not in most cases. I'm guessing that TTK looks normal from their side.

I've managed 70+ elims and ridiculous killstreaks many times. It depends on the opposition, but you can just go from one to the next and so on, and the kills quickly pile up. Getting a hero ship is easier if you get a decent streak too. You only need to kill 6-10 in a row to get one.

I have a problem where I don't get a hero ship, because I don't die often enough. I'll get 15-20 kills in a row and then die (half the time from crashing), but all the hero ships will be taken unless I wait on the loading screen (which I don't). I also find that hero ships make it harder to get kills, because folks are always after you. Nobody ever seems to notice my plain A-Wing.
  • This makes me wonder if my occasional inability to lock on a missile to another fighter isn't a bug at my end, but something more suspicious...
  • Didn't someone claim they had 149 kills and an 80 killstreak the other day on PC? On PS4 I haven't seen many over 40, but then again I don't play SA too often.
  • ive racked up 80ish with boba vs bad players but on average the team not playing objective (the team that can focus on kills) usually the elimination numbers are always around 30-50 ...........

if someone is habitually getting 60-100, especially on the side meant to play objective..... then i would call into question the legitimacy there...

i play xbox in in my time playing (rank 50 since december. every milestone accept starfighter which im 34/41 i think it is) ive seen only ONE instance where i called into question the tom-foolery of what happened... but the incident could have been a glitch.... ive also been force choke instant killed twice int he same match by someone but that hasnt happened since
  • Beeece wrote: »
    Didn't someone claim they had 149 kills and an 80 killstreak the other day on PC? On PS4 I haven't seen many over 40, but then again I don't play SA too often.

I'd dispute the veracity of 149 kills, for these reasons:
    1. Weapon cooldowns. The heavy damage weapons like torpedoes take so long to cool down that you would have to be doing 90% of that damage with primary laser fire alone. This makes it much more unlikely that you could kill someone every couple of seconds.
    2. Constantly attacking other players - which you would have to be doing to get this kill rate, with no let up - means you cannot stop to avoid enemy fire, dodge missiles, etc. Your flight path would be 100% determined by the quarry you are chasing, so you would be unable to prevent other players from shooting at you and blowing you up. Even a couple of deaths would slow you down enough to make this kind of score impossible, not only through loss of time from the respawn process, but from having to fly back within range of your enemies.
    3. Lack of targets within range. Sometimes, you will simply find yourself with nobody to shoot at because they're all elsewhere on the map, and you have to chase them down. If you're killing players at that rate, then you'll find yourself alone in no time.

So yeah, I call ****. I've often said it, the mark of a cheater is not always a high number of kills, it's a low number of deaths - and killing at this rate sets you up as an easy target for being killed.
  • jonci
    465 posts Member
    I have to add a not to this post of mine, playing over the weekend, Sunday 18th one player on opposing team 1 star card at uncommon no others, 60 kills and taking players out in a couple of shots, i tried several times (12+) to take him out not a dent on his health, and i switched out my fighters and interceptors cards to try different things, (these 2 are level 30 and 32 epic).
    Now i now this takes some time to kill any one but usually one good blast followed by a pair of torpedoes from behind at close range will knock anything out even bombers if i slow down behind their rears, not a dent on this guy, got to the stage players were leaving left us 4 against 15.

Finished the match at a loss (surprise) then bailed into HVV for some respite.
  • 123 kills my best. Didnt get a pic, got one of 101kills.
  • jonci wrote: »
    I like many other players have been playing SFA since day one and i love it, have maxed out Fighter and Interceptor to purple, (working on the bomber, but all blue). I do swap cards dependent upon the scenario, (and skills of the other players i am up against).

I can usually get a fair few kills, and play as hero ships, am not great like some others (Got to admit there are some fantastic players out there), but can give a good run for my money.
    However recently whilst playing it has been noted by players that there are some really high scores appearing, 60 + kills for some players when others are averaging half that, (before any one says practice and get good, or that some players are really good (yes i know some are, as i said, but please read on).

The thing is the players with lower scores in these matches are maxed out on the card front, and the very very few who are 60 + score are loaded with minimum star cards with no upgrades (yesterday 1 player had one card showing with no additional upgrades added) scoring 70 + and came first. Other players were calling out Hacker, but i didn't think anything of it until he kept taking me out, literally no warning e.g. no in game call of some on on your tail, nor were there many laser strikes, it was just flying along (not in a straight line) and bang, even as a hero. I thought this was weird so looked for him in play, noticed he had no target circle on his craft to aim at, nor did he hang around when flying full throttle, seemed to go instantly from one side of the map to the other.
    It wasn't LAG either, unless he was plugged directly into the server unlike the rest of us.

Any one else noted players with minimum cards equipped wiping the floor with everyone else or other issues similar in SA lately?

I constantly get around 50 kills on ps4. My record is 80 something and I have two green and 1 grey card on both fighter and interceptor.

What u are describing sounds really strange though. What platform are u on?
  • jonci
    465 posts Member
    On PC, i usually get in 1st 5 with 50 - 70 kills, i don't mind but it takes the p**s just so blatantly wrong, wouldn't be so bad if they took hits. i have only ever come across this twice (1st time when i posted original post and this past weekend). I have no complaints about high kill streaks there are great players, but no cards except 1 one grey and not taking any hits that's my gripe.
  • I've seen the problem of looking right at a fighter and the circle isn't showing up but I've noticed if you locked on to someone else already it takes a little while to lock on to another target. I just fire until it does show up, is this more of an issue on PC or XBox? I'm on PS4 and have never encountered this problem.