criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Where’s the FREE dlc Characters?

Alright the game has been out for about 3 months now. And if I’m not mistaken, there should be way more dlc characters that should have been released by now. EA you promised us ALOT of DLC for this game & you have yet to give us any really. And please don’t be a fanboy guys & just allow this to happen Obi-Wan-Kenobi should of been in this game DAY 1 Along with many other Jedis & bounty hunters like Jango Fett, Anakin, Finn, Mace Windu, Count Dooku you know the main known heros, jedis, & villains. They should of been in the game DAY 1.. and for DLC it should of been the least talked about jedis like for example kit-fisto or perhaps the characters from the clone wars tv show/rebels etc.. You don’t just make dlc out of the characters that should be in the game day1.. that’s like making Darth Vader DLC when he should clearly be day1 in the game... SMH EA.. it’s SAD that The StarWars Battlefront 2 video game that was released on PS2/Xbox twelve years ago is STILL better then this game

Replies

• They had to redo the whole progression system, and the next dlc is coming in march probably. You think they can make a new DLC every month? I agree that there should have been more CW content, but we'll probably get more jedis soon.
  • These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.
  • The games only been put for a few months a lot more characters will come later
  • Indeed, the game is still super new so I'm afraid we're gonna have to hold out for Obi-Wan for at least ~6 months
  • EA dropped the funding hammer down when they took out microtransactions. They will revamp progression and give another DLC, bring back microtransactions and if they make some $$$ you can expect more. If not EA will let the game die they don't care what the implied before you bought it. Before you bought the game we thought weekly questions, bi weekly patches and more content drops than the previous game but none of that has happened.
  • Jussari wrote: »
    They had to redo the whole progression system, and the next dlc is coming in march probably. You think they can make a new DLC every month? I agree that there should have been more CW content, but we'll probably get more jedis soon.

dude you got to be kidding, how hard was it to get your total score, divide by 10 and theres your points? like why is DICE messing up this game so bad i don't understand HOW THE **** YOU GO BACKWARDS AND NOT FORWARDS, you had 1 job to improve on bf 1 and it WASNT THAT HARD TO DO!!!!!
  • @SVEJ dude, calm down. He means that they're revamping the progression system, because people complained about the whole loot crate thing. @Losercontrol yes, they're going to add microtransactions, and I'll explain why. I'm going to assume you're the kind of person who is inexplicably and completely against microtransactions in any format. But do you really expect that they will, or even can, support this game for more than maybe a year after launch without any source of further revenue coming from it apart from the occasional purchase of the game? Because they can't. It's not a case of them wanting more money because they're greedy, as many people think, it's a case of them needing more money to continue supporting the game. Making content needs resources, and time. You've got to pay people to do it. They don't have Dennis and the devs chained to some PCs in a basement somewhere. And yes, they probably are looking to make a profit, but that's business. You're not going to set up a business which has no turnover of revenue. There's no point.

And microtransactions are almost certainly going to be cosmetic only. EA isn't ****. They no that if they add anything remotely pay to win it will blow up in their faces. The mistake they made when the announced they were reintroducing them was they didn't say in what format - so the media just instantly assume 'ooh loot boxes are being added I don't even know what a loot box is and I've never even played a videogame in my life but I'm going to write about it anyway'.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    @SVEJ dude, calm down. He means that they're revamping the progression system, because people complained about the whole loot crate thing. @Losercontrol yes, they're going to add microtransactions, and I'll explain why. I'm going to assume you're the kind of person who is inexplicably and completely against microtransactions in any format. But do you really expect that they will, or even can, support this game for more than maybe a year after launch without any source of further revenue coming from it apart from the occasional purchase of the game? Because they can't. It's not a case of them wanting more money because they're greedy, as many people think, it's a case of them needing more money to continue supporting the game. Making content needs resources, and time. You've got to pay people to do it. They don't have Dennis and the devs chained to some PCs in a basement somewhere. And yes, they probably are looking to make a profit, but that's business. You're not going to set up a business which has no turnover of revenue. There's no point.

And microtransactions are almost certainly going to be cosmetic only. EA isn't ****. They no that if they add anything remotely pay to win it will blow up in their faces. The mistake they made when the announced they were reintroducing them was they didn't say in what format - so the media just instantly assume 'ooh loot boxes are being added I don't even know what a loot box is and I've never even played a videogame in my life but I'm going to write about it anyway'.

So you mean to tell me a million probably billion dollar corporation doesn’t have enough money to continue making dlc? That they actually needed the micro transactions in the game to afford them to make FREE dlc.. you have to be kidding me bruh.. i agree with @SVEJ they had ONE ☝️ JOB & they screwed it up big time.. EA sucks as a company smh.. & who wants to wait 6 MONTHS just for a character to release that should of been in the game DAY 1 people smh.. quit bending to EA it’s time to at least fight back. Put ya foot down
  • SVEJ
    745 posts Member
    Mace_Windu wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    @SVEJ dude, calm down. He means that they're revamping the progression system, because people complained about the whole loot crate thing. @Losercontrol yes, they're going to add microtransactions, and I'll explain why. I'm going to assume you're the kind of person who is inexplicably and completely against microtransactions in any format. But do you really expect that they will, or even can, support this game for more than maybe a year after launch without any source of further revenue coming from it apart from the occasional purchase of the game? Because they can't. It's not a case of them wanting more money because they're greedy, as many people think, it's a case of them needing more money to continue supporting the game. Making content needs resources, and time. You've got to pay people to do it. They don't have Dennis and the devs chained to some PCs in a basement somewhere. And yes, they probably are looking to make a profit, but that's business. You're not going to set up a business which has no turnover of revenue. There's no point.

So you mean to tell me a million probably billion dollar corporation doesn’t have enough money to continue making dlc? That they actually needed the micro transactions in the game to afford them to make FREE dlc.. you have to be kidding me bruh.. i agree with @SVEJ they had ONE ☝️ JOB & they screwed it up big time.. EA sucks as a company smh.. & who wants to wait 6 MONTHS just for a character to release that should of been in the game DAY 1 people smh.. quit bending to EA it’s time to at least fight back. Put ya foot down

yeah like i dont understand, everything they were to release should have been i the game already, geonosis, clone wars dlc, more weapons, SKIN SELECTION( for sure would have been a$10 unlock), Finn, Phasma should be unlocked already, ALL THE HEROES/VILLAINS SHOULD BE UNLOCKED.
  • Cwebb1886
    157 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Count Dooku and Mace for one dlc and obi wan and grievous for another. Man that would be epic. Already went online on YouTube and saw a Dooku skin with his own powers as well as an Obi Wan skin.

Have a grievous special where he attacks you with a four lightsaber burst. For Mace allow his lightsaber to absorb projectiles and electricity To reflect back damage. For Dooku have a special where the force lightning goes through his saber and towards multiple opponents.

Along with the clone war and revenge of the sith maps dam that would be nice.
    Post edited by Cwebb1886 on
  • Dooku should definitely have Lightning incorporated into his character in some manner. Maybe in the same manner that Luke and Rey have "kicks" rather than outright swings for some R2 presses? Otherwise I could legit be just a 1handed lightning for that Midrange that also staggers people.

Some buff to Saber v Saber combat suits Dooku fine. (Makashi) And that last power probably the Dark Side equivalent of Insight. (Blinded vs 3 Nightsisters. Clone Wars Ep.)

For Windu, I just hope they introduce "Shatterpoints" somehow.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima
  • If windu cant jump up and make an ident in the ground, i will not be happy.
    gbapgrf1870j.png

#makebobagreatagain #anakiniscoming #clonewarshavebegun
  • Obiwan Kenobi as a DLC hero
    d8i16gt0f20z.png

Characther Customization
    odq6xy7ny9rz.png

Tallie Lintra as one of the 1st DLC heros
    l1yjpjrb810r.png

Priorities™
    Set course for Eadu, Sir!
    pmgj01wtvbi7.png

RELIVE THE PAST™
  • EA dropped the funding hammer down when they took out microtransactions. They will revamp progression and give another DLC, bring back microtransactions and if they make some $$$ you can expect more. If not EA will let the game die they don't care what the implied before you bought it. Before you bought the game we thought weekly questions, bi weekly patches and more content drops than the previous game but none of that has happened.

What he said, they cant really make there Micro transaction money anymore from this game, they are totally under the spotlight now, so a huge chunk of funding went out the window, which was entirely their fault for being to greedy in the first place....

Everything that was promised pre-release was based on the lootbox system and a flow of cash from lets be fair "****" that have holes burning in their pockets because they can pay to win, they cant use it anymore or anything similar for fear of another huge backlash, so i wouldn't expect much, game died the day they got 680,000 down-votes on reddit, expect the bare minimum from now on and you wont be disappointed.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • I knew it as well. As soon as the money went out the window so did the games dlc content. The last thing they released was Iden Versios fighter smh. What’s next are they gonna add Rose Tico hahahaha

What? After what they did to Mass Effect fans with Andromeda as well as to us with battlefront from 2015, does this really surprise anyone?
  • Bendingo wrote: »
    Obiwan Kenobi as a DLC hero
    d8i16gt0f20z.png

Characther Customization
    odq6xy7ny9rz.png

Tallie Lintra as one of the 1st DLC heros
    l1yjpjrb810r.png

Priorities™

Well your a dickless **** arent you ???. What are you even talking about!? ??‍♂️
  • Twitchy
    166 posts Member
    Its been said but with the reworking of the progression the time they have to release things has been stretched. Without the micro transactions they are most likely running on a smaller team, the things they promised became secondary.
    Now we all know ea has money but it is a business. I or you may not agree but maybe they have a great update coming up that will make up for it. Either way it was us that made them change their plans. I for one will be hoping that its worth the wait.
  • Maybe in a galaxy far , far away .............