criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Points for Staying Alive as Target in HvV

Please EA/DICE, why not rewarding those players who bravely avoid death as target in a round of HvV? How many times the only way to win a match of HvV was for me to stay alive the longest possible, and because of that I usually end up in 3rd or last place of my team, because while I focus on not dying (playing the objective, but not getting any points for that), my teammates focus on killing those who attack me, or the enemy target, getting lots of points.

Please think about this, it is playing the objective after all!
Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

  • Exactly. After all, it is an “objective” to not get killed as the target. These players are sacrificing points by not attacking others for the sake of trying to stay alive. They should be rewarded.
  • Excellent idea, OP. If you become the target and survive then you should get a bonus. Also, kills you get as the target should grant a bonus....unless that's already a thing.
  • yes please reward the guys who run entire round or abuse reys infinite block with insight they really need it. why reward score for running or hiding in a spot most cant get to? HvV has enough problem with people always wanting to run or hide in stupid spots lets no encourage it more.
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    yes please reward the guys who run entire round or abuse reys infinite block with insight they really need it. why reward score for running or hiding in a spot most cant get to? HvV has enough problem with people always wanting to run or hide in **** spots lets no encourage it more.

    Run away..... give me points.... Run away....
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • gotta admit, I'm generally thumbs up with this idea - however, as someone mentioned already, would encourage jerks to just totally not engage - I think the base point score for *surviving* should be based on a very tiny score for time survived, and a much higher score for damage taken without dying as target, as well as damage done to enemies (and kills) WHILE being the objective target - this would reward targets fighting successfully for their own survival as well as providing a *modest* encouragement for running away

    course, we already have a proximity score bonus (for GA when you're close to other members of your deployment) maybe giving a bonus score to players that are near their objective target when they make score would encourage people to team up around their objective

    course, would also be nice if there were a way to measure damage being done to an enemy that is *currently* damaging the victory target, so that people *saving* the target (or at least trying to help them directly) could be rewarded for such

    anyway - bunch of random ideas...
  • I agree with what you are saying especially if you outlast the opposing target or survive for an extended period you should get bonuses. I just hope the new patch fixes a lot of the hero’s/villians attacks.
  • This can all be solved by adding a target timer. This would prevent the Boba Fetts and the likes from hiding on rooftops and ledges for the entirety of their turns. Simple
  • Agreed, I like the idea of getting points for staying alive while the target because it rewards PTFO but the practical implementation would have to be well thought out. As many people have already said, there are too many ways to simply hide where no one can get to you, depending on which character you are.
  • People who are concerned of targets hiding in glitchy spots, or impossible to reach spots should be complaining about these spots, not about staying alive. The game is full of secret locations because the developers didn't really take a good luck at the maps they released. Just as an example, Death Star II on HvV (and I'd guess in GA too), has a whole invisible tower they forgot to paint or to remove.

    Also rewarding points doesn't mean they should make a way to farm unlimited points. As Tex1013 suggested, getting more points for damage taken as target instead of just staying alive is already a nice solution. If points are granted for staying alive only, they could have a cap. The idea isn't to make people get more advantages for exploiting the game mechanics, but to reward players who should be rewarded.



    @csmason85
    If you still believe Rey's block is infinite, you really need to get better in this game. I already faced several teams who could easily stop Rey's survival technique, it isn't so hard, it just has to be in the right time. Also with the right chars, Rey is useless in HvV, even when insight is active. You have been playing for so long, you shoud know this by now.

    As me and RogueOneKenobi know how Rey works, your beloved friend Ryguy always fails miserably when he tries to play with Rey like I do. Also, when the opposing team knows how Rey works, I feel completely useless with her, she can't attack from afar. Have you considered that when you say one can abuse of her abilities? Bossk certainly thinks you have no idea what you're talking about.

    Of course when you only have chars that have a hard time hitting Rey, a 6 minutes and a half round is possible, take a look:
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    abuse reys infinite block with insight

    Left Analog Stick tilted Forward(towards Rey) + Circle button (Dash)

    Turn around quickly.

    Press R2.

    Repeat until dead.

    IF

    ReyTriesToRunAway='True'

    THEN

    ExecuteAction ('ForceChoke' 'ForcePull' 'ForceFreeze')

    And if your team, after all this cannot kill her, then dare I say it. Problem may lie with them?

    That is one good thing about Palps in HvV. You cannot escape him.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • @KresusFIN

    Thanks for giving one strategy against Rey. csmason85 is mad because he and his teammates usually lose very badly against me and RogueOneKenobi. Curiously, they have a harder time when we are dark side, but they insist in blaming my Rey :D. And when Kenobi makes them mad they accuse him of Aimbot! We post our videos on www.youtube.com/superroguebros so there is the proof we use no aimbot.

    But I must say the strategy you use usually doesn't work against my mobile Rey, and Palps have a hard time hitting me (although good palps always find a way).

    But Bossk + Iden + Phasma renders Rey Useless. If Palp is around with Dark Aura, Rey falls in seconds to the other 3. But csmason85 prefers to blame the mechanic instead of trying to discover a way to beat it. Also, the guy loves to use Epic Chewie with paralysis grenade + furious bowcaster and finds my Rey to be cheaty. :D
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • KresusFIN
    1375 posts Member
    edited February 16
    I'll happily play HvV with you guys. You seem to have it all down <3 (Edit: PS4 Console peasant tho )

    Dedicated Phasma for anti-R2R2R2R2R2 lightsaberfaqs

    With the possibility of Darth Vader for all Chewie shutdown needs.

    I haven't learned how to really gitgud with Bossk yet though. I can hold my own, but I feel exceptionally... Average(?) on him. Rather than legit good.

    Edit 2:

    So I watched that vid. What a bunch of clowns. THey should've taken you the moment Palps lightning depleted your stamina and you dashed out :D
    Post edited by KresusFIN on
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • PLay as a team.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • RogueOneKenobi
    19 posts Member
    edited February 17
    I think the surviving target should get points upon his team winning that round, proportional to the duration of the round. This way, the target would only be rewarded if the team actually scored a point and so this wouldn't reward a losing target.

    Also worth noticing: dying improves your score. This makes no sense. Some playes get ahead from dying a lot... They respawn, deal damage (chewie much), die, respawn.

    EDIT:
    Excellent idea, OP. If you become the target and survive then you should get a bonus. Also, kills you get as the target should grant a bonus....unless that's already a thing.

    Oh, just saw you said something similar... Yeah, totally agreedo

    @csmason85

    You're just mad you're bad:



    PS: You can literally see they complain on chat about Zero's Rey on the previous round.

    Post edited by RogueOneKenobi on
  • Bendingo
    54 posts Member
    edited February 17
    csmason85 wrote: »
    yes please reward the guys who run entire round or abuse reys infinite block with insight they really need it. why reward score for running or hiding in a spot most cant get to? HvV has enough problem with people always wanting to run or hide in **** spots lets no encourage it more.

    This. Imo this would just encourage scrubs to just run around the map the whole tine, making the game drag on as slower heroes attempt to catch up with dashing rey or flying Boba. I mean in my eyes the target is getting rewarded for not pto and doing nothing but running and camping I’ve already experienced this multiple times

    But yea, I do agree that maybe you can get bomus score for killing heroes as the target
    Set course for Eadu, Sir!
    pmgj01wtvbi7.png

    RELIVE THE PAST™
  • So no one picked Finn, despite a near 100% certainity of either Emperor or Boba Fett being in the game?

    Are they not familiar with the concept of counterpicks? Not to mention Big Deal = Too Strong to pass up in any given HvV game.

    Yeah, that right there is just asking for a loss. Chewie can't carry a whole team.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I'll happily play HvV with you guys. You seem to have it all down <3 (Edit: PS4 Console peasant tho )

    It would be great! But unfortunately we only play on PC.
    Bendingo wrote: »
    I mean in my eyes the target is getting rewarded for not pto and doing nothing but running and camping I’ve already experienced this multiple times

    But yea, I do agree that maybe you can get bomus score for killing heroes as the target

    If when you're target you must not die, how staying alive as target isn't PTO? You make no sense. Also, like Kresus mentioned, there are counters for characters. Boba has a hard time when Finn is around. Likewise Rey has to be very careful when Bossk is around. If you have a hard time chasing an enemy hero, try changing your character or your strategy. There isn't an OP character that can outpace all other characters.

    About getting points for killing as target, I believe this already happens, but this only benefits those heroes that must kill to survive (like Lando and Chewie). Kylo and Rey have a very hard time doing this and surviving as target at the same time.
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • If these Rogue guys could clone themselves and populate the majority of the playerbase, spread across all platforms, I would die a happy man.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.