criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would you support paid DLC?

I would beg for paid DLC if it meant that DICE were forced to deliver new content.

Replies

• No, I wouldn't want a split community.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Afaik, they are pretty much committed to supporting the game with free content for at least a year, but probably longer. If the only way we could get new content was paid dlc, then I would support it, but in light of what I just mentioned, I think cosmetic MTX is the best route for them to take, as it doesn't have any real effect on gameplay, doesn't really split the community in any way, and it's not necessary for players to buy it - it's completely optional, but I think a lot of people would buy it to look cool, judging by the popularity of paid skins in games like Overwatch and, most recently, Fortnite.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • True, I didn't think about splitting the community, I really get the feeling that the player base is considerably down from BF2015, no idea why because in most ways this game is better. So yeah we definitely don't want to split the players we have.

I just wish we could hold EA/Dice to account to tell us what is happening.

• If they want to charge for things, then fine, but sell them based on the item, and not in some stupid lootbox. Loot boxes are nothing more than greed from companies. Their logic works like this "why sell a red, green, and purple light saber for 2.99 each when we can put them in loot boxes with a drop rate of .00001 this way they will spend 100's trying to get a single color".
  • If they want to charge for things, then fine, but sell them based on the item, and not in some **** lootbox. Loot boxes are nothing more than greed from companies. Their logic works like this "why sell a red, green, and purple light saber for 2.99 each when we can put them in loot boxes with a drop rate of .00001 this way they will spend 100's trying to get a single color".
    There should be a debate whether gaming companies should be allowed to do this, it is gambling.
  • True, I didn't think about splitting the community, I really get the feeling that the player base is considerably down from BF2015, no idea why because in most ways this game is better. So yeah we definitely don't want to split the players we have.

I just wish we could hold EA/Dice to account to tell us what is happening.
    Well, this game had a terrible launch due to the MTX controversy. It was so bad that the government was involved. Obviously, this is the reason why the game failed to meet EA's expectations, and why the population is down compared to Battlefront 2015. One seemingly small feature (the progression system) can easily ruin an entire game if it's that bad, and apparently, it was.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    I wouldn't bother with dlc if it is set up like the last game.

They would also need to add modes with better replay value for me to even consider it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'll support it if the content is good and keeps the game going beyond the 12 month usual life span for a game.
  • Free dlc, optional mtx. Best model for a game's long healthy life. Preferably cosmetic only.
  • A split community is the biggest reason why I'm against any form of paid DLC/season pass. Not only, it would have to be ensured that the added content would keep things fresh and balanced. SWBF2015 fell off of a cliff when the added weapons and items drove it into the ground.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Sure. Bills need to be paid and profit needs to be made. It's the basic principle that allows us such a high standard of living that people can spend hundreds of hours playing a video game instead of waiting in line for bread or just surviving.

It seems the main point of contention that lead to this whole MTX fiasco had to do with charging for DLC being a sign of greed. Then the main point against MTX was again greed. What people want is to pay once for the game and then get ongoing support and content because for some reason they think the "fans" and "community" are entitled to the game.

The way people talk is as if we should have video game companies owned by the state and operating at a loss with subsidies from taxes. It's a bit absurd. This isn't healthcare or water. It's entertainment.
  • If it came faster then yes
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Rogozhi wrote: »
    Sure. Bills need to be paid and profit needs to be made. It's the basic principle that allows us such a high standard of living that people can spend hundreds of hours playing a video game instead of waiting in line for bread or just surviving.

It seems the main point of contention that lead to this whole MTX fiasco had to do with charging for DLC being a sign of greed. Then the main point against MTX was again greed. What people want is to pay once for the game and then get ongoing support and content because for some reason they think the "fans" and "community" are entitled to the game.

The way people talk is as if we should have video game companies owned by the state and operating at a loss with subsidies from taxes. It's a bit absurd. This isn't healthcare or water. It's entertainment.

Well, as clients of something that was advertised as a game with free DLC and consistency content releases, I think it is reasonable to expect that you receive you bought.

They are not working for free or in a loss, the sales money is enough to pay the bills and make profit. They try to maximize profits with a pay to win system that is still in the game. The game reputation was damaged by that and now they are damaging it again for not delivering the promised consistency in new content releases.

They didn't fixed basic balance issues and technical problems for months and now they will delay or not make new content to rebuild the progression system. The damage is done, please EA, lower de price of everything and give us new content. Problem solved. It looks like they have a serious problem in prioritizing work.

No paid DLC would fix that, only make the situation worse

• I wouldn't mind it as long as the maps are premium, highly explorable & dense environments. A full Skariff experience.. I wouldn't be keen on it not if they're like the current rotations, fast & rushed chaotic maps with invisible walls, hangs & glitches. I would never pay for D'Qar air space, but I suppose thats what we get when we pay nothing for it...

They could make the Campaign a breakout/downloadable component, because hard drive space is maybe their reasoning for not expanding on maps?
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• I really get the feeling that the player base is considerably down from BF2015, no idea why because in most ways this game is better.
    I agree

I personally think the player base is massively lower than bf15, I’m not sure why tbh

I do enjoy this game, just not as much as I did bf15, not even close actually

For me the class system is pointless, and the squad system is awful, doubt these are reasons for the low player base, just things that annoy me really

Not having a large scale mode (walker assault) maybe doesn’t help either

It’s just not as “fun” as bf15 and I’m not really sure why that is

I would happily pay for any dlc if given the option, I can afford it and if it can bring me back to this game more regularly then maybe it’s worth the money

• If companies are going to put out games before they are 90% bug free, then yes they should fix them. If companies advertise features that are not in the game, yes they need to add them. It just comes down to they get less profit if they update a game that you already paid for, and they don't like that. The staff that maintains a game is just a fraction of the staff that was paid to make it, so they money they spend after release is nothing when compared to what it was.

As far as DLC is concerned, yes both forms are about greed. How is it not about greed when you put the content on the disk, but charge extra to unlock it. How much content is actually done before release and could be with the game, but they don't want it to be so they can milk a little extra out of players. At least when it was the old way of DLC things were sold by per item. Although once you bought all the DLC you had the complete game. Now while this is greedy, you at least new what you were paying for. The new RNG box trash needs to go. This is nothing but gambling for the item you want. They know that children will spend 10x the amount to get the same items that they would have only paid 2.99 for. The other issue about season DLC is that most of the time you don't even know what you are getting in advance to even know if it is worth it.

I don't like the idea of spending money on DLC when the game is server based. What happens in 4 years if they decide to just shut off the servers. I can't play the game that I spent money on. Some of us just want to know the price of the full game. What will it cost more me to have all of it. If I need to unlock it in the game, that is fine, but I want it there.
  • Nope.
  • Yes!!!
  • if upcoming crystal crates has credits or crafting parts no but if not Yes.
    Cuz EA get used to season pass system(Upcoming money = Updates)
  • If they did it I’d buy it but I don’t like it. Would much rather have the current monetization system.
  • No. I would not.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Only if they drop the story stuff and release a dlc that is 100% devoted to multiplayer game modes.
  • Only if they drop the story stuff and release a dlc that is 100% devoted to multiplayer game modes.
    What do you mean by story stuff? There’s very rarely campaign dlc.
  • I would beg for paid DLC if it meant that DICE were forced to deliver new content.

at this point no
    they would just take your money and give you a beta DLC that is untested and unpatched like they have done with the game
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Only if they drop the story stuff and release a dlc that is 100% devoted to multiplayer game modes.
    What do you mean by story stuff? There’s very rarely campaign dlc.

The last dlc added more Iden versio.