criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yodas starfighter looks like a hunk of junk

Kyle2295
254 posts Member
edited February 2018
atmk52ydohzx.jpeg
d4euh7cyvczm.jpeg
Actis starfighter in battlefront 2 vs Actis starfighter in film

Why do i feel like I'm the only one that gets anoyed by this foolish design mistake. That was my favorite ship when i was younger!

Edit: For everyone out there who can not tell the OPs images appart, the film actis has attack wing at a near 45 degree angle, whereas the game actis has wings nearing 90 degrees.
Post edited by Kyle2295 on

Replies

• F03hammer wrote: »
    Your glasses, rose colored, they are.

I dont get what you mean? You know i am talking about the attack wings, right?
  • What are you talking about?

latest?cb=20130613124413

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor

It looks exactly like it?
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    atmk52ydohzx.jpeg
    d4euh7cyvczm.jpeg

Why do i feel like I'm the only one that gets anoyed by this foolish design mistake. That was my favorite ship when i was younger!

wonder if Doug Chang & crew had some final input on this; perhaps it's Yoda's pre--prequel fighter we never saw on film but in the canon books..?

Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. :sunglasses:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Don't play it much but I'm working on his star cards next so I can get more comfortable with it. With any luck it will take over as my favorite behind Tallie's Awing.
  • Oak_Beard wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

latest?cb=20130613124413

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor

It looks exactly like it?

Take a look at the angle of the attack wings! I thought that the images would have immediately revealled what I was talking about, guess I was wrong.
  • For everyone out there who can not tell the OPs images appart, the film actis has attack wing at a near 45 degree angle, whereas the game actis has wings nearing 90 degrees.
  • Sorry man. I think you’ve got it wrong. Either that was oversight of the production team or in that particular scene the wings are being extended/retracted and you happened to find the picture with the wigs half closed. This picture is from the openining scene of Revenge of the Sith with Anakin and Obi Wan’s ships and they look the same as Yoda’s in game.

NBrMmx.png

• Don’t like the wings on either picture and I like the engines better in Battlefront 2.
  • univurshul wrote: »
    atmk52ydohzx.jpeg
    d4euh7cyvczm.jpeg

wonder if Doug Chang & crew had some final input on this; perhaps it's Yoda's pre--prequel fighter we never saw on film but in the canon books..?

Yeah, it could be because its his 'enhanced' or whatever it is called, but I dont see why they should change the wings when people want to see the movie version.
  • Sorry man. I think you’ve got it wrong. Either that was oversight of the production team or in that particular scene the wings are being extended/retracted and you happened to find the picture with the wigs half closed. This picture is from the openining scene of Revenge of the Sith with Anakin and Obi Wan’s ships and they look the same as Yoda’s in game.

NBrMmx.png

Maybe, but regardless, take a look at obi wans wings on that image (straigh on veiw), the top wing is on way more of an angle.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry man. I think you’ve got it wrong. Either that was oversight of the production team or in that particular scene the wings are being extended/retracted and you happened to find the picture with the wigs half closed. This picture is from the openining scene of Revenge of the Sith with Anakin and Obi Wan’s ships and they look the same as Yoda’s in game.

NBrMmx.png

nope, its wings are meant to be like that, take a look at this link/video.
  • Oak_Beard
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm not sure what you're confused about. The foils can go from 0-80°, and any position in between. The most common position is fully extended. Watch Episode II. Or do a Google Image search.

ETA: I guess you could make the claim that in the movies they don't extend past about 75°, while in the game they're at about 85°. I still think "hunk of junk" is taking it a bit far.
  • Oak_Beard wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're confused about. The foils can go from 0-80°, and any position in between. The most common position is fully extended. Watch Episode II. Or do a Google Image search.

ETA: I guess you could make the claim that in the movies they don't extend past about 75°, while in the game they're at about 85°. I still think "hunk of junk" is taking it a bit far.

Yep, thats what I'm claiming. Hunk of junk is obviously an exaggeration
  • MightyJawa
    115 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yoda's Starfighter from the Clone wars cartoon looks very unique
    pb90v40akap0.png

When I first saw the hot wheels die cast version I thought they were taking some terrible artistic license until I checked and saw it was the cartoon version.
    rgzd7zs3mb0e.jpg

• MightyJawa wrote: »
    pb90v40akap0.png

When I first saw the hot wheels die cast version I thought they were taking some terrible artistic license until I checked and saw it was the cartoon version.
    rgzd7zs3mb0e.jpg

This is what it should be, exept they knew everyone wants to see the actis, so they gave him that ship. It just wierd that they made the actis' wings so different
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    atmk52ydohzx.jpeg
    d4euh7cyvczm.jpeg

Edit: For everyone out there who can not tell the OPs images appart, the film actis has attack wing at a near 45 degree angle, whereas the game actis has wings nearing 90 degrees.

This image is how it should look, approximatley. It is taken while its wings are almost folded out.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, they definitely need to fix the animation so the wings open at the correct angle. I don't how they made such an obvious mistake.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Yeah, they definitely need to fix the animation so the wings open at the correct angle. I don't how they made such an obvious mistake.

Thank you for being one of the few people that can actually notice the difference! Felt like i was going crazy, even after giving straight up photo and video evidence people still refuse to see the difference.
  • Please DICE, if you add Anakins starfighter in the next season, fix it's wings. It's very irritating.
  • I actually agree with you OP, I’m really hung up in the little details myself. I even made a thread a few months back where I complained about the Phase 2 clones’ visors being too wide (check it out and see if you agree hahah, surely I can’t be the only one)
  • Remember, it's Yoda's ship, not literally-every-other-10-thousand-Jedi's ship. Of course it's going to be made differently, he's a 1/4 of the height of everyone else! The other Actis ships can't going to change just because this one did, they're already set in stone what they look like.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    The foils can be set in lots of different positions. And are you actually serious? A thread complaining about the angle of the wings on a hero ship?
    MightyJawa wrote: »
    pb90v40akap0.png

rgzd7zs3mb0e.jpg

Oh dear god... That looks like one of the Hasbro toys where they take certain liberties to add a play feature to what is a decent looking figure. Like this one, the long-awaited fourth ability for Captain Phasma:
    jxbbchelpudl.jpeg

OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    You’re definitely not crazy. The wings are extended too far. I even have an old hasbro toy where the extended wings match Anakin’s approach to Mustafar.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    You’re definitely not crazy. The wings are extended too far. I even have an old hasbro toy where the extended wings match Anakin’s approach to Mustafar.

He's not crazy just ignorant. Not every Actis was made the same, least of all Yoda's. Even Anakin's wasn't made the exact same and then he modified the ever-living heII out of it. Most, if not all Jedi, were directly involded in the development of their interceptors, after the same-factory-standard Delta-7 fighters were cycled out for them.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    MightyJawa wrote: »
    pb90v40akap0.png

rgzd7zs3mb0e.jpg

Oh wow i never even noticed this difference for some reason. Yea it is kinda off
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

He's not crazy just ignorant. Not every Actis was made the same, least of all Yoda's. Even Anakin's wasn't made the exact same and then he modified the ever-living heII out of it. Most, if not all Jedi, were directly involded in the development of their interceptors, after the same-factory-standard Delta-7 fighters were cycled out for them.
    Remember, it's Yoda's ship, not literally-every-other-10-thousand-Jedi's ship. Of course it's going to be made differently, he's a 1/4 of the height of everyone else! The other Actis ships can't going to change just because this one did, they're already set in stone what they look like.

Hypocrisy at its finest. You seriously think ever person will know that? Why the hell would yodas hieght account for raising the wings. Even if he did, this is the only actis in the game, why not make it the way everyone wants to see it. I'm sure the reason they added the actis instead of yodas cw fighter is because they knew everyone wanted to see this ship.
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    The foils can be set in lots of different positions. And are you actually serious? A thread complaining about the angle of the wings on a hero ship?

Lets have a think about this, based on what you said, it would be fair to have them lifted only a 25cm above the ship. Because you know, they can do that. It doesn't matter about they way everyone has seen them in the films. Your logic assumes that if its not worth complaining about, then it mustn't be worth putting efort into making. Therefore, may as well make the tie fighters when curvey or which ever way is easiest to make.
  • JAREDUP
    1425 posts Member
    Ok op you aren't wrong, but the ship "Vader", uses isn't the same as his yellow, I'm sure George just threw that angle to forshadow his ship in the future, the Tie Advanced
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Ok op you aren't wrong, but the ship "Vader", uses isn't the same as his yellow, I'm sure George just threw that angle to forshadow his ship in the future, the Tie Advanced

Well yeah you're right, the entire ship was designed to foreshadow it. But even still, there is a noticable difference.
    amygebtbobwb.png

9dekx637b8pu.jpeg
  • JAREDUP
    1425 posts Member
    The devs probably got lazy and didn't want to have to make a angle
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

Well yeah you're right, the entire ship was designed to foreshadow it. But even still, there is a noticable difference.
    amygebtbobwb.png

9dekx637b8pu.jpeg

This. The difference is quite noticeable here
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    It's a real shame because they done such a good job on the aesthetics of everything else, but then the wings just look so obviously wrong to me, it takes me out of the moment. Which sucks because thats my favorite ship.
  • Favorite Kylo quote from latest movie
    fe8ykwyhmdk3.gif
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Favorite Kylo quote from latest movie
    fe8ykwyhmdk3.gif

that's a good one...I also like when Chewie says something to Rey, and she's like, "yea that's better"

Did I just compliment TLJ? - I did...Hey Rian is alright ; )
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• univurshul wrote: »
    Favorite Kylo quote from latest movie
    fe8ykwyhmdk3.gif

that's a good one...I also like when Chewie says something to Rey, and she's like, "yea that's better"

Did I just compliment TLJ? - I did...Hey Rian is alright ; )

The only thing wrong with TLJ is it ha the prequel treatment of having a limited time to tell a lot of story. The beginning until the start of the endless fleeing, the end starting at Poe's mutiny, and then the Jedi lessons with Luke are definitely the best parts of the film, go figure the parts not solely focued on story.