criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Dynamic Atmospheres?

I just realized that the dynamic atmospheres from BF2015 are missing in this game! Well, on Theed there’s the invasion force and a few others, but not in the manner it used to be in. Like there was a fleet battle overhead and if you were winning your factions capital ships would be owning the airspace. Or if you pulled off a sudden turning of the tides, your faction would hyperspace a fleet/cruiser in suddenly to defeat an enemy cruiser for it to crash and shake the ground as it made landfall. Anyone remember that? Any evidence that it’s still present? I miss that subtle stuff that made you feel like you were really winning. Is it because we have more readily available starfighters now?
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• Those were cool but not very noticeable so probably not worth adding too many.

Loved the crashing ships on Jakku and the Super Star Destroyer taking off on Sullust.
  • I loved the background events! Nothing got you more into the mood than watching the enemy capital ship crash and burn as you advanced forward.

True...
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Love it, would also like dynamic weather and night/day time for all maps
  • I loved that in BF15. I think the closest thing we get to that in Bf2 is when the reinforcement ships land at the end of some phases of GA.
  • I loved the background events! Nothing got you more into the mood than watching the enemy capital ship crash and burn as you advanced forward.

I wasn’t very helpful because of this on Jakku lol I’m guilty of just watching the fireworks in the sky. It was really interesting the Ravager would only crash on Jakku WA if you were losing pretty badly as the Empire. Miss that stuff

I remember once on Tatooine my team the Empire was getting crushed in Supremacy, and I pulled off my infiltrator jump pack scout trooper class for a decisive flank capture that doomed them into a flailing defeat. When I looked up to see the destroyer jump in and down the MC80 I knew we won before we even capped the last point. So satisfying to have cool dynamic aesthetics in the game.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Oreo wrote: »
    I loved that in BF15. I think the closest thing we get to that in Bf2 is when the reinforcement ships land at the end of some phases of GA.
    The cool thing about Battlefront 2’s stuff is it actually changes the game. You can use the ships as cover and I even think that the trade fed ships on Naboo cast a shadow.

• Speaking to dynamic atmospheres... sort of. I wish they would reduce the amount of small to medium sized wild animals that are running around some of the maps. I get that it's world-building and good intentioned but it makes a conflict zone feel less so. Have animals maybe running away at the very beginning of a match... but get rid of them after that. They should all run away at the first signs of explosions, etc, and not be seen again. Imo.
  • Godling wrote: »
    Speaking to dynamic atmospheres... sort of. I wish they would reduce the amount of small to medium sized wild animals that are running around some of the maps. I get that it's world-building and good intentioned but it makes a conflict zone feel less so. Have animals maybe running away at the very beginning of a match... but get rid of them after that. They should all run away at the first signs of explosions, etc, and not be seen again. Imo.

Disagree.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Godling wrote: »
    Speaking to dynamic atmospheres... sort of. I wish they would reduce the amount of small to medium sized wild animals that are running around some of the maps. I get that it's world-building and good intentioned but it makes a conflict zone feel less so. Have animals maybe running away at the very beginning of a match... but get rid of them after that. They should all run away at the first signs of explosions, etc, and not be seen again. Imo.

Disagree.
    Why? Just curious if you disagree with how you think the animals would really behave or if you just dig them and appreciate the added flavor?
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    #buffthepigeons
  • Of course! Winning as the Empire or losing as the Rebels and seeing the shadow of a looming Star Destroyer that's jumped out of hyperspace. Who knows, something that could make the Endor map more like Survivors of Endor with burning trees and flaming wreckage, who knows!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • The only prominent bkg activity of this kind I’ve noticed in BFII are those droid claws coming down when you’re capturing the landing pads on Kamino.
    NeoX
  • I'm not sure but doesn't one of the turrets on the Venator once the droids reach the ship?

I did enjoy the dynamic atmospheres from SWBF I as it increased the immersion effect.
    #StarWars-y
  • I really liked that stuff at first, until I realized that being part of the battle outside the map looked WAY more fun than the map itself.

Would I rather stand at an uplink or dogfight around a flaming, plummeting Super Star Destroyer?
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • I'm not sure but doesn't one of the turrets on the Venator once the droids reach the ship?

I did enjoy the dynamic atmospheres from SWBF I as it increased the immersion effect.

I believe so, but the action can also be done manually.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    I rarely noticed any of this stuff

I never even found the Wampa monster on the normal Hoth map :'( :/

Still it was really cool to watch on You-Tube videos! :)
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    I just realized that the dynamic atmospheres from BF2015 are missing in this game! Well, on Theed there’s the invasion force and a few others, but not in the manner it used to be in. Like there was a fleet battle overhead and if you were winning your factions capital ships would be owning the airspace. Or if you pulled off a sudden turning of the tides, your faction would hyperspace a fleet/cruiser in suddenly to defeat an enemy cruiser for it to crash and shake the ground as it made landfall. Anyone remember that? Any evidence that it’s still present? I miss that subtle stuff that made you feel like you were really winning. Is it because we have more readily available starfighters now?

I would really like something like this. It would freshen up the maps a bit and give us something new. This would also give us a new way to enjoy maps.
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME