criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star cards STILL don't give credits for duplicates.

Hey @Sledgehammer70

From your own notes on the latest patch ;

Fixed an issue where players would not receive credits for duplicate star cards - Players who encountered this issue previously will retroactively be awarded with the proper amounts of credits over time.

Tried it today after the patch (PS4), still don't get the credits for duplicate star cards.
This has been happening to me since the 'last jedi' update and to many others also for months now.
Please sort this out !

Replies

• Get a video or snapshot of it and update there issues problems thread
  • I was hoping that this would have been fixed by now. Whenever I've been in contact with EA support, the answer has always been that the team is aware of it and a solution will be upon us soon. So I'm a bit baffled that this still seems to be a problem judging by the posts in the EA bugs forum.

Can we have any word on when this will actually be fixed? Apparently, you thought the issue was fixed, so I hope that this is just a temporary setback and that we'll get our rewards in a couple of days.
  • I can confirm you that the team is actually working on this issue. We'll keep you updated as soon as we can.
  • Mr_Taver wrote: »
    I can confirm you that the team is actually working on this issue. We'll keep you updated as soon as we can.

To be fair though, that's what I was told by EA support after the Jedi season patch. I'm grateful for you keeping us updated though.
    I can confirm you that the team is actually working on this issue. We'll keep you updated as soon as we can.

To be fair though, that's what I was told by EA support after the Jedi season patch. I'm grateful for you keeping us updated though.

Have you tried to open some crates since patch 1.2 ?
  • Kerfluffel
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Mr_Taver Patch 1.2...opened daily crate...got duplicate awarded 300 points...leave screen and 300 disappears. Have video on xbox. I have also seen wrong totals with multiple duplicates in patch 1.1 but havent tested in 1.2.
    Mr_Taver wrote: »

I'll open one when I get home and come back with the results. Regarding the credits that we're supposed to be compensated for, is that live? Or is it something we'll have to wait for?
  • Confirmed, the issue still exists. PS4, opened one of my horded daily crates.
    - I viewed the cards individually, not with reveal all.
    - I received 300 credits for the duplicate
    - I did NOT receive (visually) the 75 standard credits.
    - Backed out and the 300 credits were REPLACED by the 75.
    - I did NOT receive previous lost credits, or the number was too low to notice (I opened 80k worth of Hero crates after the TLJ season started, before I noticed I was not getting credits for dupes. The few K, if awarded, does not seem correct.)
    - I DO have a video I can upload to YouTube if necessary.

Ok, I just came back home now. This is what I noticed. I had 143 835 credits. I purchased a Trooper crate for 3 000 credits. This set me back to 140 835 credits. The crate contained 4 duplicate green cards, all worth 300 each for a total of 1 200 credits. This means that I should have had 142 035 credits, but I wasn't awarded any credits at all.
  • Afrom3istwr
    892 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Bought a hero crate and had two duplicates and received no credits. Recorded it too. On XB1.

Ok, I just came back home now. This is what I noticed. I had 143 835 credits. I purchased a Trooper crate for 3 000 credits. This set me back to 140 835 credits. The crate contained 4 duplicate green cards, all worth 300 each for a total of 1 200 credits. This means that I should have had 142 035 credits, but I wasn't awarded any credits at all.

A lot of this seems inconsistent. Trooper crates are normally 4,000, was there a cost change that was not listed in the patch notes? Duplicate greens were 400 pre-patch, 600 post patch. Unless you mean gray instead of green? That would make more sense (four green dupes in a crate would be...weird ;) ). Just trying to clarify because every bit of info we present to the devs should be spot on at this point so they can pin this bug down and actually give us a good fix.
  • AOD_MelournRex
    1649 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    grimmace2 wrote: »

A lot of this seems inconsistent. Trooper crates are normally 4,000, was there a cost change that was not listed in the patch notes? Duplicate greens were 400 pre-patch, 600 post patch. Unless you mean gray instead of green? That would make more sense (four green dupes in a crate would be...weird ;) ). Just trying to clarify because every bit of info we present to the devs should be spot on at this point so they can pin this bug down and actually give us a good fix.

Ah, you're right, sorry about that. Trooper crates cost 3 000 now after the patch so that's correct. But yes, it was the grey card, not the green card, thanks for the correction.

• Ah, you're right, sorry about that. Trooper crates cost 3 000 now after the patch so that's correct. But yes, it was the grey card, not the green card, thanks for the correction.

My apologies as well, I had not read the patch "edits" lol. The other thing I noticed in the edits was that they deleted the reference to the updated sorting of the milestones. Seems a minor thing that no one was asking for, to promise in the patch, and them immediately under deliver and have to delete the reference. They do SO many positive things over there but these are the type of things that make it seems like they're driving around in clown cars. The inattention to detail is a killer.

• They give too much credits now. 200 was fine. 300 per duplicate is too much imo
  • Can confirm they do give credits correctly on PS4
  • Wegetzu wrote: »
    They give too much credits now. 200 was fine. 300 per duplicate is too much imo

If you're paying (on the low end) 2200 for a crate that gets 5 cards, you are, in essence, paying 440 credits per card. If you get a duplicate you think we should be awarded less than half of what we paid? Imagine the people that were paying 4K for trooper crates. If they received four cards, you could be paying as much as 1,000 per card! Getting the bump to 300 was nice but still not close to enough. How many times have you paid for a crate and opened four duplicates to go along with your 35 crafting parts? I know I have and it sucks. Compounded by the fact that I didn't even receive the paltry duplicate credit amounts because of this issue.

The duplicate credit payout being bumped was a nice gesture, i appreciate it. What I don't appreciate is the fact that they could be giving us 100K per duplicate and it wouldn't matter because I still can't get ANY credit for duplicates!
  • DeadAssFacts
    139 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Wegetzu wrote: »
    They give too much credits now. 200 was fine. 300 per duplicate is too much imo

If you're paying (on the low end) 2200 for a crate that gets 5 cards, you are, in essence, paying 440 credits per card. If you get a duplicate you think we should be awarded less than half of what we paid? Imagine the people that were paying 4K for trooper crates. If they received four cards, you could be paying as much as 1,000 per card! Getting the bump to 300 was nice but still not close to enough. How many times have you paid for a crate and opened four duplicates to go along with your 35 crafting parts? I know I have and it sucks. Compounded by the fact that I didn't even receive the paltry duplicate credit amounts because of this issue.

The duplicate credit payout being bumped was a nice gesture, i appreciate it. What I don't appreciate is the fact that they could be giving us 100K per duplicate and it wouldn't matter because I still can't get ANY credit for duplicates!

Anyone who bought trooper crates should have been punished for not being able to do math. :-D
  • Hey @Sledgehammer70

Fixed an issue where players would not receive credits for duplicate star cards - Players who encountered this issue previously will retroactively be awarded with the proper amounts of credits over time.

Tried it today after the patch (PS4), still don't get the credits for duplicate star cards.
    This has been happening to me since the 'last jedi' update and to many others also for months now.
    Please sort this out !

This issue should be 100% resolved in Update 2.0 arriving on 3/21.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • Hey @Sledgehammer70

Please sort this out !

This issue should be 100% resolved in Update 2.0 arriving on 3/21.

Thanks for the update, Sledgehammer. Kindly keep us updated on whether or not we'll be able to convert those compensation credits on crafting parts, or if that boat has already sailed. It would be a bit of a bummer to lose out on the opportunity while others are able to hoard thousands of crafting parts in preparation for the update.