criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So no balance changes for Star fighter assault?

C'mon there is still a player base for this mode guys and it could really use some balance changes. :/
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo

Replies

• Indeed, SF seems largely ignored :/
  • What kind of changes do you think it needs?
  • @reb1138 not only by the developpers but also by almost anyone on the forums sadly

@Hashbrown well first get rid of the revenge/avenge system or make it work so that it only shows the indication when a player you spawned with is killed (i.e: see who killed your wingmate for players only and it disapear when one of the 2 player die); the missiles are almost useless at the moment on players, make them take turn better or be faster cause you can dodge them with out even trying when dog fighting; the a-wing is too strong with the cards so either nerf the improved fire cicle card or the one that reduce the heat building or the base dammage of the ship; rework the tie interceptor cause the rear canon is useless maybe make it work like the y-wing making it shoot behind when not firing and shoot with you when attacking with a buff in dammage and maybe add a bit more dammage to the starfighter's primary fire; the y-wing is a pain in the ****, if you activate the ion-shot the vehicule looses all it's speed can't use any abilities and it destroy their shields (imo the abilities should not be deactivated especially for heroes, interceptor like heroes ship are getting destroyed by this ability), the tuned laser card is way too weak when compared to the other cards boosting the primary fire and could need a few percent boosts compared to the 40% heat reduction and the 20% increase in fire rate, between 2 or 5% would make the card on par with the others; getting more points for playing the objectiv would also be a welcomed addition, currently shooting the objectiv give you too few points compared to destroying vehicules.
    Also many heroes ship could need some help but that would make this post way too long since for everyship it would deserve it's own topic.
  • @reb1138 not only by the developpers but also by almost anyone on the forums sadly

@Hashbrown well first get rid of the revenge/avenge system or make it work so that it only shows the indication when a player you spawned with is killed (i.e: see who killed your wingmate for players only and it disapear when one of the 2 player die); the missiles are almost useless at the moment on players, make them take turn better or be faster cause you can dodge them with out even trying when dog fighting; the a-wing is too strong with the cards so either nerf the improved fire cicle card or the one that reduce the heat building or the base dammage of the ship; rework the tie interceptor cause the rear canon is useless maybe make it work like the y-wing making it shoot behind when not firing and shoot with you when attacking with a buff in dammage and maybe add a bit more dammage to the starfighter's primary fire; the y-wing is a pain in the ****, if you activate the ion-shot the vehicule looses all it's speed can't use any abilities and it destroy their shields (imo the abilities should not be deactivated especially for heroes, interceptor like heroes ship are getting destroyed by this ability), the tuned laser card is way too weak when compared to the other cards boosting the primary fire and could need a few percent boosts compared to the 40% heat reduction and the 20% increase in fire rate, between 2 or 5% would make the card on par with the others; getting more points for playing the objectiv would also be a welcomed addition, currently shooting the objectiv give you too few points compared to destroying vehicules.
    Also many heroes ship could need some help but that would make this post way too long since for everyship it would deserve it's own topic.

This is a very comprehensive list, and I honestly agree with all your points. Thanks for clarifying. The revenge marker part is definitely the first thing I'd like to see implemented of the ideas you listed.

I'd maybe add lowering the BP gain of destroying turrets that are not near an objective, as people often destroy extraneous ones for the points as opposed to focusing on the actual objectives in order to grind hero ships.
  • Hashbrown wrote: »
    This is a very comprehensive list, and I honestly agree with all your points. Thanks for clarifying. The revenge marker part is definitely the first thing I'd like to see implemented of the ideas you listed.

Thank you
    Hashbrown wrote: »
    I'd maybe add lowering the BP gain of destroying turrets that are not near an objective, as people often destroy extraneous ones for the points as opposed to focusing on the actual objectives in order to grind hero ships.

Turrets do indeed give too many points when destroyed for their utility during the match but I don't think reducing the number of points they give is the right way to fix it. What I think would be the right thing to do is to make them shoot more but only the bots, making them usefull during a match (as bots dying lower the credits of the team) and making it a worthy to destroy objecitv justifying the points gained and not just a farming point thing, also they still should be able to shot players but only if a player is shooting them. (so they still have some self-defense at least)
  • I tried SFA this weekend on PS4. Despite the easy challenge (5 hero kills) I was amazed it was 40% bots. Looks like a fun mode, hope you guys get more players and the dev support you need.
  • How would that work? Didnt Star Fighter Assault have different developers? Criterion I believe.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    I'm glad Criterion didn't change anything in Starfighter Assault.
    It doesn't really need any changes, especially balance-based changes.

Better Matchmaking in the whole game would help, and maybe a little more incentive for players to play the Objective.
    Plus more maps, more Objective types, and more ships (maybe Reinforcement-class?). And add it to Arcade.

Everything else is pretty good as is.

Agree with everything you say here...
  • Huntsman572
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I feel as though the First Order and Empire interceptors could use a buff/ rework of their cooldowns. Dark side bombers could use a bit of a rework to make them usable in more situations on defense. Other than that SFA balance is pretty good.

Maybe improve missile damage and their ability to track players?

edit: actually several hero ships could use a buff as well...
  • While I don't disagree outright with your recommended changes, i would urge that it's left alone. Because honestly there is very little I think needs to be changed but once changes start it could very well leave it broken.

But if we are going to have balancing, I think the Blurg range needs to be nerfed in SA also, pretty sure I've been killed by a few officers still on planet as I am trying to blow up an objective.
  • @Beeece well it's designed like this to have so much bots though that's a really fun mode completly overlooked.

@DarkwingDuck if it's only some tweaks in numbers I think Dice are good enough to change a few numbers in their lines of code.

@Rook008 @EV02AAA Well we have almost completly polarised opinion on balance but at least we can agree that the mode needs some love from the developpers, like new vehicules such as a bombarder for the sequels maps, a reinforcement for each era (b-wings, tie defenders, V-19...), new hero ships and arcade of course (eventhough I think the last one is being worked on actually).
    Ashz2Ashz wrote: »
    But if we are going to have balancing, I think the Blurg range needs to be nerfed in SA also, pretty sure I've been killed by a few officers still on planet as I am trying to blow up an objective.

I'm dead. xD

• Agree on some things, disagree on others, civil discussion. Couldn't really ask for anything more.

I read somewhere that Criterion (who is responsible for SFA) had plans for more offline content, so that could be in the works right now.

It's an old post of theirs from back in December:
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • I seem to do a lot better at Star Fighter Assault than at ground combat. It didn't feel like it needed any adjustments.
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Beeece well it's designed like this to have so much bots though that's a really fun mode completly overlooked.

@DarkwingDuck if it's only some tweaks in numbers I think Dice are good enough to change a few numbers in their lines of code.

@Rook008 @EV02AAA Well we have almost completly polarised opinion on balance but at least we can agree that the mode needs some love from the developpers, like new vehicules such as a bombarder for the sequels maps, a reinforcement for each era (b-wings, tie defenders, V-19...), new hero ships and arcade of course (eventhough I think the last one is being worked on actually).
    Ashz2Ashz wrote: »

I'm dead. xD

We can indeed agree and I would love to see playable reinforcements as you describe and some more maps / modes. I know the hard core infantry players hated it but I liked the mix mode scenarios from the last game... but I guess different developers for each means that's unlikely.

• I agree with more points for playing the objective. I sometimes start shooting down fighters to get extra bp instead of sticking to objective. Biggest thing is fix not getting credits after matches. I got over 10,000 bp the other day and no credits.
  • Balance changes is one thing, but we do need new content (ships, locations etc) and cosmetic upgrades.

And also the age old ability to toggle out maps that don't include the bomber's for example, if that's your fave class to play.
  • It seems to me that vader's advanced tie is extremely fragile.
  • Kamino and Ryloth heavily favour the attackers and could use a slight ticket reduction.

TIE interceptor needs an adjustment to how quickly it overheats to bring it up to par with the other interceptors.

Some of the hero ships need help to survive more than a minute at a time. Vader and the Falcon in particular.

Revenge marker needs to **** off.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    I seem to do a lot better at Star Fighter Assault than at ground combat. It didn't feel like it needed any adjustments.

Same!
  • Absolutely more content.

That some maps are more difficult for one side or another isn't really a problem for me. Just get more satisfaction when I am on the winning team for that game where you beat the odds. I think anything better than a 25:75 split is fine.